Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,074 members, 7,821,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo (5097 Views)

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 / Interview With Ojukwu,comments On The Coup And Awolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo by Ngodigha1(m): 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
ilugunboy: Yiboz......generation of whiners!

First class monkey, shut up your stinking mouth if you have nothing reasonable to contribute. Bastard.
Re: Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo by dayokanu(m): 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
Why not find the said Guardian publication and read the said ajuluchukwu interview

he supported his assertions by making references to a write-up in The Guardian of May 18, 1999 written by Kafundu Ajuluchukwu in which Ajuluchukwu alleged that Azikiwe was warned by Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna, his nephew;
Re: Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo by Onlytruth(m): 5:18pm On Nov 01, 2012
Dede1:

You shall live long, bro. At least, you admitted your political follies.
I remembered in one thread you thought Zik and eastern region lost southern Cameroon led by Dr. Endeley. I kept lamenting it was not true. All the bad press against Ndigbo and Azikiwe, the riots in northern region primarily targeted against Ndigbo and the rigging of census and election in favor of the north were orchestrated by British.

From the moment British came in connect with Ndigbo and the sudden fortune discovered in the backyard of Ndigbo, British realized Igbo person is a hard nut to crack. Every ploy was applied by the British to check the progress of Ndigbo in Nigeria.

It was the British that alerted Bello and Tafewa about the rapid rise of Igbo peeps in the officer’s cadre of Nigerian armed forces and urged them to do something about it, hence the introduction of quota system and nepotistic mechanism that saw moronic northerners in the officer’s uniform.

My brother I always learn and determined to keep learning. I never stop learning! The whole thing is making more sense now, because I couldn't understand why a people closely related to the Efik/Ibibio/Annang in Eastern Nigeria could have easily left their kith and kins for an unknown future in a French dominated country.
This is why I keep saying that a lot black groups somehow are too myopic. I am not into blaming the British or any other European power for African problems. If we cannot think, then the blame should fall on us. If Southern Cameroun haven't wanted recently to go back to Nigeria, I would have thought that they made a choice best suited to their interests. The fact that a lot of groups (even in Nigeria too) failed to see the future (as recently as the 1950 and 1960s) is a major indictment on the character of the African. Most of the developed first world countries have constitutions and instruments of government dating more than 200 years, and have never even made major changes to those instruments of state and governance. The African needs to engage his brains.

Still learning and reflecting. cool
Re: Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
Ngodigha1:
First class monkey, shut up your stinking mouth if you have nothing reasonable to contribute. Bastard.

Lolzzzzzz.......standard language monkey....why not look for another name..we are tired of this your Monkey business.. tongue grin

Omo....I've told you..you will die of HBP very soon from Nairaland e-fight.

Omo-Ojuku.....the master coward! cheesy

Ko de ni da fun eee ati gbogbo iran eeee.... cheesy cheesy
Re: Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo by Katsumoto: 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
ilugunboy:

Lolzzzzzz.......standard language monkey....why not look for another name..we are tired of this your Monkey business.. tongue grin

Omo....I've told you..you will die of HBP very soon from Nairaland e-fight.

Omo-Ojuku.....the master coward! cheesy

He recently increased his vocabulary to include pig. Let us continue to help him.

Andrew Uweh/Ngodigha,

Have you heard of the word donkey? Its so close to monkey and should be easy for you to learn grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo by Onlytruth(m): 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
In fact I'm starting to develop a ranking system for African group foresight, as a factor of colonial influence. Any group that experienced unduly high colonial influence tended the most to act against its own interest in the long run. I doubt that the Northerners would (in the innermost parts of their own hearts) accept that undue British influence served their long term interest. Take any indices of human development, the North is not where it should be.
If any Northerner doubts me, let him/her compare the North with other parts of Nigeria. It would seem that the least influenced by the colonialists are actually the most progressing and advancing. Hmm.
I was almost tempted to create chart and present it here. lol

Anyway let the debate continue.
Re: Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo by Dede1(m): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
Katsumoto:

Please read the 'copy and paste' again. The name of the individual is there. grin grin grin In true fashion, you will soon tell us that Muna was actually a Northerner who was planted in the Eastern Executive by the British and fired when he was discovered not be an Easterner. grin grin grin

Katsumoto:

Another Link

Following a dispute within the Eastern House of Assembly in Enugu in May 1953, nine out of 13 delegates from the Southern Cameroons, who had originally been elected on the platform of the National Council for Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC), opted for ‘neutrality’, claiming that they were not Nigerian. Mr. S. T. Muna, the only Southern Cameroonian in the Eastern Executive Council at that time was actually dismissed. This crisis led to the name change from “National Council for Nigeria and the Cameroons”, as the NCNC was then known, to “National Council of Nigerian Citizens.

To say I am disappointed over your recklessness on certain political issues and addiction on “copy and paste”, it is an understatement. Both Endeley and Muna has announced they were not Nigerian, wished to be Cameroonians and firmly supported the 1953 granting of southern Cameroon autonomous status, they were rightfully expelled from NCNC hence the change of name from National Council of Nigeria and Cameroon to National Council of Nigerian Citizens. I guess you realized the mid-westerners who held ministerial appointment in western region resigned when mid-western region was granted regional autonomy.
Re: Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo by ba7man(m): 5:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
All talk and no action....hmmm.
Re: Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo by Katsumoto: 5:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
Dede1:

To say I am disappointed over your recklessness on certain political issues and addiction on “copy and paste”, it is an understatement. Both Endeley and Muna has announced they were not Nigerian, wished to be Cameroonians and firmly supported the 1953 granting of southern Cameroon autonomous status, they were rightfully expelled from NCNC hence the change of name from National Council of Nigeria and Cameroon to National Council of Nigerian Citizens. I guess you realized the mid-westerners who held ministerial appointment in western region resigned when mid-western region was granted regional autonomy.

grin grin grin grin

Take it easy Dede1 before you pop a vein.

It is a sequence of events that led to Southern Cameroun voting against being with Nigeria

1. They alleged that they were being mistreated in the Eastern region. Because of this mistreatment, they claimed they weren't Nigerians, claimed neutrality, and walked out of the Eastern House

2. Rather than seeking to employ diplomacy and ensuring that the fears of the Camerounians were assuaged, the Easterners sacked the only Camerounian in their midst.

3. The Camerounians then established their own constituency and practiced democracy.

4. The UN then organised a plebiscite in 1961 and gave only two options. Northern Cameroun which did not complain of marginalization and inequalities voted to join Nigeria while the Southern Camerounians voted against joining Nigeria because they remembered the treatment they received previously.

Now where did the British engineer the situation? Was it in making the Easterners maltreat the Camerounians or in making the Easterners sack the only Camerounian when diplomacy was required?

1 Like

Re: Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 09, 2022
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin

Take it easy Dede1 before you pop a vein.

It is a sequence of events that led to Southern Cameroun voting against being with Nigeria

1. They alleged that they were being mistreated in the Eastern region. Because of this mistreatment, they claimed they weren't Nigerians, claimed neutrality, and walked out of the Eastern House

2. Rather than seeking to employ diplomacy and ensuring that the fears of the Camerounians were assuaged, the Easterners sacked the only Camerounian in their midst.

3. The Camerounians then established their own constituency and practiced democracy.

4. The UN then organised a plebiscite in 1961 and gave only two options. Northern Cameroun which did not complain of marginalization and inequalities voted to join Nigeria while the Southern Camerounians voted against joining Nigeria because they remembered the treatment they received previously.

Now where did the British engineer the situation? Was it in making the Easterners maltreat the Camerounians or in making the Easterners sack the only Camerounian when diplomacy was required?

It is actually a lie. S.T Muna resigned because their region was granted autonomy it was never about igbo domination or marginalisation, they were never marginalised at all. Please stop spreading falsehood or misinformation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Snubs Victor Umeh, As Security Orders Him Out Of President-elect’s House. / Abuja Vs Hong Kong In Pictures. 7up The Diff Is Clear / APC Can't Win Osun Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.