Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating (5266 Views)

What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? / Afrisofts' SERVER22.COM Is Frustrating Our Business. / Free Professional Website Development Is Started For 2012. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by greenmouse(m): 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2012
webdezzi: @greenmouse, just cut that crap right there ok!

i last updated my website http://www.webdezzi.com in 2008, reason best known to me. Yes, that was a 5 year old design beside yours.
I am sure you have a very poor discerning sense, and that's why YOU, a website design company CEO thinks your website => http://www.greenmousetech.com
can compete in this age, While others may praise that site, if i own that, it'll be thinking of revamping it right now.

We have some projects at the moment and we have not been able to complete our new website. i dont care how long it takes us.
what matters is how well.

For your info, I did not put up webdesign or training for youwin cos to me, there is nothing innovative about it, it's everywhere.

i dont have to post my achievements on a public forums

Visit this pages and keep your mouth closed, you don't give excuse for not making money, we are not mates in ICT, You have to make your website fine in other to convince other to give you jobs, come let me employ you, if you are good, I can pay you 100k monthly:

http://www.greenmousetech.com/out-door-training.html
http://www.greenmousetech.com/websites.html
http://www.greenmousetech.com/projects.html
http://www.greenmousetech.com/logo.html
http://www.greenmousetech.com/products.html

Finally, read my vanguard interview and see how I started so be humble and learn from others : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/ict-skill-acquisition-key-to-career-breakthrough-victor-nwadinobi/
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2012
greenmouse:

Visit this pages and keep your mouth closed, you don't give excuse for not making money, we are not mates in ICT, You have to make your website fine in other to convince other to give you jobs, come let me employ you, if you are good, I can pay you 100k monthly:

http://www.greenmousetech.com/out-door-training.html
http://www.greenmousetech.com/websites.html
http://www.greenmousetech.com/projects.html
http://www.greenmousetech.com/logo.html
http://www.greenmousetech.com/products.html

Finally, read my vanguard interview and see how I started so be humble and learn from others : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/ict-skill-acquisition-key-to-career-breakthrough-victor-nwadinobi/
bro, the links you provided just showed that even with your youwin funds, We really aren't mate.
i wont resort to uploading pix nor will i look down on a new up and coming business as yours.

I am really impressed that you are doing something with the funds but my stand remains.
At the Ibadan shortlist training, I had the opportunity of meeting Nigerians with bright ideas, Most of these ideas are already been developed,
yet most of these ideas failed to make it, I cant tell how they performed BP-wise but the extra long delay in releasing the result is a clear sign, something happened.
This is very clear when you look at what is going on with the fuel subsidy probe/reports/scandals.
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by greenmouse(m): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
webdezzi:
bro, the links you provided just showed that even with your youwin funds, We really aren't mate.
i wont resort to uploading pix nor will i look down on a new up and coming business as yours.

I am really impressed that you are doing something with the funds but my stand remains.
At the Ibadan shortlist training, I had the opportunity of meeting Nigerians with bright ideas, Most of these ideas are already been developed,
yet most of these ideas failed to make it, I cant tell how they performed BP-wise but the extra long delay in releasing the result is a clear sign, something happened.
This is very clear when you look at what is going on with the fuel subsidy probe/reports/scandals.

You are diverting the argument so am out, best of Luck.
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by ogzille(m): 2:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by soloqy: 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2012
How they have turned the thread to show me what you have got and I will show you what I have got. Really *Large* people dont make such statements.
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by utimatedes(m): 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
@Webdezzi, I don't buy the idea that YouWIN is fraudulent. I did not know anyone in YouWIN office when I applied and the same thing goes to Greenmouse my friend. I made so many people during the 4days training and most of them did not know anyone in YouWIN office. I can tell you that the process was free and fare as the marking and final selection process was done in UK and a UK base consultant. That is why somebody like me was among the winner.

Do you thing by having a nice idea, bank will give you loan? Do you thing by having a unique idea, you will get investor? For you to get investor to invest in your business or bank to support your business, you have to proof to them that you have what it takes to run your business profitably.

For the fact that you did not make it doesn't mean the process was fraudulent, it just that you effort was not good enough.
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2012
can we address the topic?
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by ogzille(m): 12:05am On Nov 11, 2012
i cannot see anything creative in website designing as an idea per se (though you can be a creative website designer) which am yet to see on this board anyway.

Back to topic:

Web development is hot now globally as many more services are going SaaS. I really wonder why one will consider it frustrating! If clients suck, do your own projects. kapish!

Good things (including web apps and websites) cannot be hidden. People must see it, love it, contact you and that is more business (more cheddah) for you.

My advice: Learn, learn, learn, build and make sure you do not look for easy way out while building rather look for the best way.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by udswagz: 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
I must say its very appaling the way some wrb developers design shit with tabled and mess the whole thing up. take a look at the source code of zenith bank website for example, its a total mess! and sumone must have collected millions for d job. just did BS with tables. As a web developer its i wonder hw quack developers gey jobs.

www.udonline.net
Thats the place to visit if u need quality web application. a designer that can code.
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by sisqology(m): 5:01pm On Jan 13, 2013
udswagz: I must say its very appaling the way some wrb developers design shit with tabled and mess the whole thing up. take a look at the source code of zenith bank website for example, its a total mess! and sumone must have collected millions for d job. just did BS with tables. As a web developer its i wonder hw quack developers gey jobs.

www.udonline.net
Thats the place to visit if u need quality web application. a designer that can code.

That's d sad aspect, they keep getting the jobs.
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by bigx(m): 6:26am On Jan 14, 2013
udswagz: I must say its very appaling the way some wrb developers design shit with tabled and mess the whole thing up. take a look at the source code of zenith bank website for example, its a total mess! and sumone must have collected millions for d job. just did BS with tables. As a web developer its i wonder hw quack developers gey jobs.

www.udonline.net

sisqology:

That's d sad aspect, they keep getting the jobs.

www.udonline.net

You guys keep focusing on the wrong things still, Zenith Bank wanted one thing - results, something to showcase their brand online.
They've gotten the result they wanted and don't care if it was done with divs, tables or text-boxes (I know of a "professional" "webmaster" who does this.

Get a Business minded person with track record to partner with you on a percentage basis and run your Gig for you.
You'd be pleased at the result.
You guys are driven by the quest for perfection and are good at what you do.
To get more contracts, get someone who's driven by the smell of cold-hard cash to get it for you.
That way you enjoy the best of both worlds.
Not all creatives can be entrepreneurs at the same time.
Peace!

2 Likes

Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by soloqy: 8:55am On Jan 14, 2013

www.udonline.net

Sorry o but after slating the Zenith Bank website, I was expecting to see something better from you. The link you posted is lipsrsealed

Should web designers be mindful of the design standards and validity? Yes but while you are at it, the designs you put out(in pointing out the lack of standards in others), must be above average.

If the Zenith Bank management should read this post and got interested in what you are trying to say about using tables vs CSS, on going to the link you posted, to perhaps hire you, chances are that they would change their minds and stick with the original designers, tables or not.

2 Likes

Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by sisqology(m): 11:25am On Jan 14, 2013
soloqy:

Sorry o but after slating the Zenith Bank website, I was expecting to see something better from you. The link you posted is lipsrsealed

Should web designers be mindful of the design standards and validity? Yes but while you are at it, the designs you put out(in pointing out the lack of standards in others), must be above average.

If the Zenith Bank management should read this post and got interested in what you are trying to say about using tables vs CSS, on going to the link you posted, to perhaps hire you, chances are that they would change their minds and stick with the original designers, tables or not.

Hahahahaha, I'm not talking here. But I've viewed the site.
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by udswagz: 9:08am On Jan 15, 2013
soloqy:

soloqy:

well i would be interested to know after veiwing the site the reasons for the smilies, if you think you are good with your HTML/CSS tell me what you found wanting, dont just laugh say something, i assume we are all learning. You guys just laugh over whats not, any one that knows what they are doing would confirm that site. Also provide a link to your sites, lets see if your worth your salt!
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by soloqy: 10:03am On Jan 15, 2013
udswagz:

well i would be interested to know after viewing the site the reasons for the smilies, if you think you are good with your HTML/CSS tell me what you found wanting, dont just laugh say something, i assume we are all learning. You guys just laugh over whats not, any one that knows what they are doing would confirm that site. Also provide a link to your sites, lets see if your worth your salt!

Its not about confirming whether you used CSS or not. The fact is that you raised a lot of hope by slating the Zenith website and by providing a link for us to go and "see how its done", one expected to see something more aesthetically pleasing than that of Zenith.

To be honest, do you believe a lay man who doesn't know anything about css/tables would choose your site over the Zenith one?

The design is like the designs that came with the earlier CMSs like PHPNuke.

Once again, I commented on it because following your comment on the Zenith bank site, I was excited and expected to see something a lot better.
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by sisqology(m): 10:35am On Jan 15, 2013
Stop fighting na
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by brine(m): 2:19pm On Jan 15, 2013
lol
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by sisqology(m): 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
brine: lol

Where dem open u from?
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by utimatedes(m): 11:12am On Jan 16, 2013
We Nigerians are not good in anything except to blast even when one cannot do it.
You used a free template from templatemo.com to design your company website and you come here to blast another person that uses table to design and give results.

He is far better than you because he is an entrepreneur and provides solutions.

Go work on yourself first abeg.
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by sisqology(m): 3:07pm On Jan 16, 2013
Why una cme dey yab eachoda na
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by Bigdreams(m): 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
Website development is one thing, the business of webdevelopment/website design is another thing entirely.

If you don't see it as a business, no matter how good you are, you will be left frustrated.

You can look up on youtube for a particular guy called; elithecomputerguy - he has a video on the business of website design amongst many other important videos.

Ok, here's the link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvpfTXBXw7w
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by udswagz: 4:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
soloqy:

Its not about confirming whether you used CSS or not. The fact is that you raised a lot of hope by slating the Zenith website and by providing a link for us to go and "see how its done", one expected to see something more aesthetically pleasing than that of Zenith.

To be honest, do you believe a lay man who doesn't know anything about css/tables would choose your site over the Zenith one?

The design is like the designs that came with the earlier CMSs like PHPNuke.

Once again, I commented on it because following your comment on the Zenith bank site, I was excited and expected to see something a lot better.

DUDE i would like to see a link of your website please, i bet you dont even know how to code hello world, here is my first commercial website
i designed from scratch for UN CCN it has over 1,000 users and processes not less that 200 orders every day - www.members.carboncreditnetwork.org

now do give us a link, that what we want.

utimatedes: We Nigerians are not good in anything except to blast even when one cannot do it.
You used a free template from templatemo.com to design your company website and you come here to blast another person that uses table to design and give results.

He is far better than you because he is an entrepreneur and provides solutions.

Go work on yourself first abeg.
using a template in business terms is called leveraging and most developers instead of designing from scratch prefer buying templates
makes work easier.. Its not about copying its about how i made a dull template come alive using jquery, ajax and jscript.
check out the orginal one and see how much more advanced mine is.

I hate empty people who havent done a thing yet they come here bragin, i am in the real world, u guys just coding from your
rooms and imagining things.

To be frank with you all there are a lot of opportunities in Nigeria, some of you either are not skilled enought, lack experience, or just plain lying
. For IT guys the sky is just a stepping stone.
Nigeria is just begining to use computers, many comapanies are sprouting, everyone wants a piece of the internet and the good news is we are just very few. The market is large enough to feed everyone all it takes is the right planning, a vision and a commitment to excellence.
Am in my final year in school and am getting jobs like water far away in Owerri while i live in Lagos. Even from Abuja.I swear am not lying.
The CCN company already promising to work my service to lagos for me so i can work for them.
Guys we are look but see differently, opportunities abound. People lets kill the beef, we be one Nigeria joined by our abilities and thats the ability to make the computer do want we want.
I rest my case!
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by soloqy: 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
udswagz:

DUDE i would like to see a link of your website please, i bet you dont even know how to code hello world, here is my first commercial website
i designed from scratch for UN CCN it has over 1,000 users and processes not less that 200 orders every day - www.members.carboncreditnetwork.org

now do give us a link, that what we want.

Goodness!! This is even worse than the first link you posted.

I hate empty people who havent done a thing yet they come here bragin,

Hellooo!! The only person that bragged here is you. You are the one who posted the UBA website link and slated them for using tables and doing a bad job.

We only commented on it because you berated them and still went ahead to post a link that is not better than theirs.
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by 53cur3m0d3(m): 5:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
Chai! This thread don suffer o *runs back "USAINly" to programming section*
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by tunapawizzy: 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
would love to learn web development from anyone around Ketu/Magodo area of Lagos...pls if u can let me knw so we can talk, its urgent
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by udswagz: 7:53pm On Jan 19, 2013
soloqy:

Goodness!! This is even worse than the first link you posted.

Hellooo!! The only person that bragged here is you. You are the one who posted the UBA website link and slated them for using tables and doing a bad job.

We only commented on it because you berated them and still went ahead to post a link that is not better than theirs.

Dude now i know you are just on this forum sayin what thou knowest not. U dont know shit about programming and ur talking
i cant believe i wasted my time talking to a dumbaass, right now am having regrets, i feel like i have stained my programmer
self with an inferior Jew. You dont even deserve my reply. "*musing* dont even know shit about programming" no wonder !!
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by soloqy: 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
udswagz:

Dude now i know you are just on this forum sayin what thou knowest not. U dont know shit about programming and ur talking
i cant believe i wasted my time talking to a dumbaass, right now am having regrets, i feel like i have stained my programmer
self with an inferior Jew. You dont even deserve my reply. "*musing* dont even know shit about programming" no wonder !!

Lol, little script kiddies everywhere. Professionals dont talk like this.
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by udswagz: 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
soloqy:

Lol, little script kiddies everywhere. Professionals dont talk like this.

NO link, No talking....#NoExerience
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by Caseray(m): 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2016
Do you need a professional website design company to help you grow your business? Let Caseray Solutions Limited help you. See our portfolio at www.caseray.com.ng/portfolio.php

Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by Caseray(m): 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
If you find designing website for clients frustrating then my advice for you is do your own projects. Learn, improve, develop a useful service and deploy it. And if your idea is commercially viable there are venture capitalists waiting to invest. Good luck.
Re: Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating by netlegend(m): 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How My 5months Old Blog Got Approved By Ad Sense With Just 12 Posts. / Your Blog Doesn't Currently Qualify For Adsense - Pls Explain / How Do I Hyperlink On Smf Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.