Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help (928 Views)

See The Chat Between Two People Who Shared Intimacy At The Club (photo) / Please Judge This Issue Between Me And My Girlfriend / Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by Lcoolbabe(f): 7:37am On Oct 31, 2012
I met this guy 5 months ago, its been sweet all d way not until now he told me that his parents are insisting he marries from his tribe. He is from kogi and i lagOs. Pls fellows i am honestly bittered and confuse, wht shld i do cos i feel worse. I hve grew up to love him and now we will jus brk up cos of tribe issues!
Mature comments please cos i need mature advice. Thanks
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by Mynd44: 7:46am On Oct 31, 2012
Would you rather he told you on the wedding day? Move the fûck on
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by 2goodbobo(m): 10:37am On Oct 31, 2012
Mynd_44: Would you rather he told you on the wedding day? Move the fûck on

Why talk without any ounce of sympathy? Their are softer ways you could have said what you wrote and still pass the message.
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by 2goodbobo(m): 10:52am On Oct 31, 2012
Op, all I can say for now is that if he decides to bend due to family resistance, then I think their is nothing you can do for now. The success of such union depends on both parties (you and him) sticking to each other till the end. But he is not ready to go all the way and that is why he had to call it off. I know is not easy to let go of someone you love so much, but I believe time will heal your wound.

I am currently going through the same quagmire as you. I am from middle belt while my girlfriend is from the East (Igbo) we love our selves so much and both of us are hell-bent on carrying on. My folks don't have any issues with her place of origin, but her Mother is been skeptical about our union even thou her siblings are cool with me. However, with prayers and our ability to show to her that we love each other, am sure she will be forced to come to terms with reality even thou she is gradually dropping her guard.

The sooner parents realise that happiness should be considered first rather than place of origin, the better. I believe my own story will be a success at the end. I draw inspiration from couples who are from different regions and who made Love their bedrock right from the inception.

1 Like

Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by Mynd44: 10:56am On Oct 31, 2012
2goodbobo:

Why talk without any ounce of sympathy? Their are softer ways you could have said what you wrote and still pass the message.
people don't get the pic if you sweet talk them
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by Afam4eva(m): 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
What does the guy have to say about what his parents want? The guy should make a decision whether to marry byou or follow his parent's wish. Life is not difficult buy ya'll make it seem complicated.
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mynd_44:
people don't get the pic if you sweet talk them
Fallacious statement! Especially considering what is involved... OP,do consider 2goodbobo's advice.
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by Mynd44: 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
binger: Fallacious statement! Especially considering what is involved... OP,do consider 2goodbobo's advice.
In my experience, they don't
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mynd_44:
In my experience, they don't
okay...your opinion,i respect
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by Mynd44: 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2012
binger: okay...your opinion,i respect
okay
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by bknight: 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
Tribalism is a peculiar disease in nigeria dat has no known cure. Avoid like plague!
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by dmcdad: 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
Tribalism is one big issue with Nigerians and that's the more reason I predict Nigeria will never be united (not being pessimistic) because different tribal groups discriminate each other. Anywayz, if the guy really loves you as much as you do to him, then I think there is a way things could still work out for the both of you. This is not so common with males as you seldom hear men being given restriction on certain places to marry or not, its always common with females. Anywayz, the guy should make his parents see reasons, after all what have they got to loose? the family name remains the same so personally I dont see reasons why they should be perturbed about this. Well, if you really love him and wont wont want to loose him, I guess you should put it in your prayerz (If its God's will then nothing shall stand in your way despite the hurdle) and also try to convince the guy to stand his ground and make his parents see reasons with his decision. If all effort proves abortive, then I will advice you to move on with life. Meanwhile, since its like this at this juncture, prepare your mind to face your fate if you try the above and it fails to work.

I wish you well my dear...
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by greedie1(f): 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mynd_44: Would you rather he told you on the wedding day? Move the fûck on
u and fvck today!

Em... op, its quite unfortunate but its better you move on. There is no incentive to fight, you guy obviously want to do the will of his parents.

Console yourself, its actually his loss, get over him and... Move the fvck on

1 Like

Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by greedie1(f): 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by Mynd44: 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
gree-die:

u and fvck today!

Em... op, its quite unfortunate but its better you move on. There is no incentive to fight, you guy obviously want to do the will of his parents.

Console yourself, its actually his loss, get over him and... Move the fvck on
I have nothing with the word but peeps here just make you wanna curse all fûcking day

1 Like

Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by Lcoolbabe(f): 11:40am On Nov 01, 2012
Thanx all for ur candid advice. I appreciate. More comments pls
Re: When Tribalism Is The Issue Between Two People! I Need Help by willarrie(m): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
[quote author=Lcoolbabe]I met this guy 5 months ago, its been sweet all d way not until now he told me that his parents are insisting he marries from his tribe. He is from kogi and i lagOs. Pls fellows i am honestly bittered and confuse, wht shld i do cos i feel worse. I hve grew up to love him and now we will jus brk up cos of tribe issues!
Mature comments please cos i need mature advice. Thanks.

This Dude u met is not man enuf to av u,so his parents make decisions as crucial as a choice of marriage partner,well u had better go look for a real man he aint worth the stress.....sorry if i sound rude but dudes like dis piss me d Hell off.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wise To Give Out Gifts On Ones Birthday / First Traditional African Gay Wedding Ceremony !!! / Whatsapp Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.