Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,448 members, 7,954,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:43 AM

White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture. (1163 Views)

When A Whiteman Falls In Love With A Blackwoman (PHOTO) / After Traditional,She Still Insist She Cant Have Sex Until After Church Wedding / After The Wedding...a Nightmare To Most Wives. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture. by kinharold(m): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
I am a minister in my church though not a pastor per se. I got married about two weeks ago (Did Traditional then church wedding). I have been considering: the way we organise church/white wedding and the activities therein eg the rings, white gown, groomsmen, bridal train and all what the ministers does in the process of the wedding. Are they actually christian doctrines/injuctions or are we just promoting whiteman's culture through christianity.

(based on my level of knowledge of the Bible) Jesus recognised marriages but He ddnt conduct one and He ddnt prescribe how it should be conducted. Jesus went to a traditional marriage in cana (John 2:1)which was conducted according to the custom of the Jews (v.6). He "adjusted" so many laws of the jews but ddnt alter that of marriage.

The Apostles recognised marriages but there was no record of any of them conducting a marriage neither did they write anything about how christians should conduct marriage.

I cant find any biblical basis for how we conduct weddings in church today and I think that what we should be doing in our churches is marriage blessing. The intending couple should go thru the church couselling programme and if everthing is ok, the intending couple will go for the (traditional) marriage at the ladies family house, thereafter,they come for marriage blessing in the church, which gives then both church recognition and spiritual coverage.

What is your thought please.

1 Like

Re: White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
white wedding is strictly promoting the white man's culture. I find traditional weddings to be more colorful and simpler i do not know why we make it look like its lesser than the white wedding.
Re: White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture. by kinharold(m): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
I have always wantd to do traditional marriage fully and then marriage blessing. But i dd white/church wedding cos of my lady. You know, ladies are just crazy about wearing gown and ring and the whole wedding thing.
Re: White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
yeah we ladies like the white wedding because all our friends do it so we don't want to be the odd one out but a traditional wedding and church blessing is great and less costly i think.
Re: White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture. by lecturerdabo(m): 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
WELL I AM A MILITARY CHAPLAIN WEDDED IN CHURCH AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO.

BUT WAIT!!!!

WHITE WEDDING IS NOT COMPULSORILY NECESSARY COS WE ARE ONLY PROMOTING THE WHITE-MAN'S CULTURE EXCEPT YOU SEE IT AS A WAY TO HONOUR GOD OF COURSE THERE IS NO BETTER WAY TO START A FAMILY THAN THAT.

HEY!!!!
YOU CAN WED WITHOUT SPENDING FORTUNES THAT'S IF YOUR PARTNER IS NOT A WEDDING FREAK COS LADIES AND WEDDING ARE MORE LIKE SIAMESE
Re: White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture. by bknight: 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
Why can't couples invite their pastors to pronounce them man & wife during d traditional ceremony undecided

I make any sense at all?
Re: White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
bknight: Why can't couples invite their pastors to pronounce them man & wife during d traditional ceremony undecided

I make any sense at all?

Oversense. I have a friend who plans to do just that.
Re: White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture. by Goldcon: 5:24pm On Nov 01, 2012
I wonder how we mix foreign culture and dogma with Christianity and still promote it as if it has Biblical basis and backing. What surprises me most is that some churches and preachers go as far as saying that marriage is not yet conducted/contracted until there is a church wedding.

May God help us.
Re: White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture. by otokx(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
it is white man culture
Re: White/church Wedding : A Christian Doctrine Or A Whiteman's Culture. by kinharold(m): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2012
May God give us and understanding heart, that we may be able to know what is spiritual and what is cultural so we dont keep deceiving ourselves.

(1) (Reply)

Did I Act Wrongly?????am Confused / 40yr-old Nigerian Politician Is Set To Marry 20yr-old Super Model / Dangerous Reasons To Get Married...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.