Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 (1612 Views)

See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade / Download Bluestacks For Windows 7/8 & MAC PC (offline Installer) / Hp Deskjet D2360 Driver For Windows Vista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by spywareczar(m): 10:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
Windows 8 was recently launched in a market. New graphic user interface(GUI)attracted the users. To increase number of sells, Microsoft started selling upgrades from Windows 7 to Windows 8 at very very cheap and affordable price.
In this article I would tell you Why you should not go for Windows 8 ?
My aim is not to scare users and preventthem from purchasing this goodness but I actually wanted aware you of the fact that What problems you can face if you go for Windows 8.
#1. Lack of Driver support
Although Windows 8 has some preloaded drivers but there is no guarantee that all of your drivers will be supported in Windows 8. Maybe your computer’s motherboard drivers are notyet Windows 8 ready.
Many users also complaint that there Keyboard and Mouse driver were not working properly or were not detected by the computer.
Computer of my friend detected his keyword incorrectly and all characters were replaced from their initial position.
#2. Lack of Hardware support
Since Windows 8 is a new operating system, may be manufacturer of your hardware didn’t made Printer, Keyboardor any other hardware Windows 8 ready. So chances are high that your hardware couldn’t run properly are cannot run at all in Windows 8.
#3. Lack of Software support
Windows 8 comes with a new user interface and API library is slightly modified. May be software programs which you purchased by paying lots of bucks may not run in Windows 8, lack ofWindows 8 compatibility. And it is reported that many games are not running properly or not running at all inWindows 8.
#4. Interface partially depends on Internet
What makes Windows 8 beautiful is it’s new Interface. Windows 8 lacks start menu but it has something new. Metro 7 and ribbon interface. Windows 8 looks awesome because of some apps but most of them are dependable on Internet connectivity. So if you are goingto purchase Windows 8 after checking some cool screenshots then you should think again.
#5. Windows 8 is modified Windows 7
Believe me or not, Windows 8 is modified version of Windows 7. You canmake your Windows 7 PC, a Windows 8 PC by installing Windows 8 feature through the help of some third party programs.
For instance, For instance, Picture Password feature, in which you have to unlock your PC through some gestures. If you want something like this in your Windows 7 PC then you can install a program called Origami Experience 2.0 which does the same thing.
So these were top five reasons on Why you should not go for Windows 8 ?
If you are confident that you would not face above issues in your PC then sure, You can go for Windows 8.
But if you don’t like to compromise thenWe suggest you either make Hardware and software Windows 8 compatible or Stay on your Current Operating System and make it beautiful by installing some third-party programs.
If you want to share your own views, You are most welcomed to use comment box
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by ITbomb(m): 12:36am On Nov 01, 2012
That is common for all new OS , but what I don't really like is making a part of the OS dependent on internet.
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by shemzz: 12:39am On Nov 01, 2012
windows 7 can never be windows 8. the metro design introduced has changed it completely. no third party application can add flavour to windows 7 making it look like windows 8.
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by spywareczar(m): 7:57am On Nov 01, 2012
They jst tried 2 imitate sm of Mac Os features
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by Dreystar(f): 9:52am On Nov 01, 2012
I've been running windows 8 on my pc for over a month now, and all I can say is(from my experience)
1. I haven't experienced any problem with lack of software/hardware/driver support
2. The full functionality is best enjoyed when there's internet connectivity
3. All my applications(which I used on windows 7) runs perfectly on windows 8.

I also noticed that the window's GUI usability ιѕ limited for pc's with small screens(e.g mini laptops, notebooks etc). This is due to the screen resolution such pc has.

In all I enjoy using Windows 8.

Btw I disagree that "Windows 8 is a modified version of Windows 7"
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by Maleeq(m): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
@op
Funny how with all your points, based on speculations (as a evident by your own repeated usage of the word "maybe" ), you intend to steer users away from it?

"Imitate Mac" you say? You don't know about the Windows 8...read its review online and by online, I am not referring to personal blogs of biased bloggers. No. find highly rated technical sites.
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by lawalhu(m): 2:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
I tried to upgrade to windows 8 from windows site but my zip code was rejected; that it was in an invalid format. Obviously, upgrades from Nigeria aren't allowed. Again, someone offered to sell me the software at a retail price at ebay but my attempt to link my gtb naira mastercard to my paypal account wasn't successful, as the card could not be verified by paypal. Does anyone has an idea on how I could possibly upgrade to the windows 8 from Nigeria, using my card?
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by ITbomb(m): 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
lawalhu: I tried to upgrade to windows 8 from windows site but my zip code was rejected; that it was in an invalid format. Obviously, upgrades from Nigeria aren't allowed. Again, someone offered to sell me the software at a retail price at ebay but my attempt to link my gtb naira mastercard to my paypal account wasn't successful, as the card could not be verified by paypal. Does anyone has an idea on how I could possibly upgrade to the windows 8 from Nigeria, using my card?
Which zip code did u use.
I hope u r not one of those still using telephone code 234 for zip code
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by olamathins(m): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2012
lawalhu: I tried to upgrade to windows 8 from windows site but my zip code was rejected; that it was in an invalid format. Obviously, upgrades from Nigeria aren't allowed. Again, someone offered to sell me the software at a retail price at ebay but my attempt to link my gtb naira mastercard to my paypal account wasn't successful, as the card could not be verified by paypal. Does anyone has an idea on how I could possibly upgrade to the windows 8 from Nigeria, using my card?
Go get a visa card at UBA (Not a UBA visa card o). You can use it anywhere, it is not nigeria based atm/master card; but real internetional visa card. Meanwhile you don't even need to have an account with UBA before you can pick it up.
It is just 500 naira or 750 naira depending on the type you choose.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
poster, have you upgraded to wp8? undecided
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by lawalhu(m): 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2012
I think it's not the problem of card. It's about zip code and Microsoft still doesn't recognise zip codes of various Nigeria's cities. Joeydozzy, I haven't upgraded to windows 8 yet. That's what I've been trying to do.
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by spywareczar(m): 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
joeydozzy: poster, have you upgraded to wp8? undecided
i did, but had to roll back
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
i think i used 23401 and i used GTBank MasterCard it worked also. Upgraded to Windows 8, OP please stop your mac evangelism, Metro UI is 100% minimalistic which is totally different from Mac which spends all the assets on Wood and Leather textures when its not even useful to the app, Mac UI is cool but too much details that are not necessary to me as a person. Windows 8 is just simple and cool.
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
Also Windows 8 works awith all my Development Platform,Hardware Drivers and anything you can think off, do more research before posting something like this.
Re: Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 by Maleeq(m): 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
Posting this reply from the Microsoft Open Door holding at Victoria Island, Lagos. One word: Amazing!

This is my first hands-on experience with the Windows 8, and its extremely intuitive. Change isn't easy, so I get the OP's point of wanting to stick to Windows 7. But the present/and future is Windows 8!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Data Plan For All Smartphones/pc In June / Cisco Nigeria Skype Study Group / HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.