Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,161 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:25 PM

A thread for corpers posted to Kano - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Kano (26424 Views)

Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / A thread for corpers posted to Zamfara / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 6:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
Situation Report Regarding Batch C
I shd have pasted the pic here but its too large & I don't have any app on my phone to resize it
3rd Supplementary Relocation list was pasted yesterday which begins with s/no 456 and ended with 584. Just 2 ppl got lagos state while enough Osun & Oyo were just appearing.
I may not be available here when subsequent list are pasted.

*I just imagine to total no of ppl that will be on the parade groung when this batch C will be having its final POP*

#From all indication more list are still coming in mass#
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by slimmy6ca(f): 6:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
Halo fellow corpers i am being posted to Kano state and am in Warri..i want tocomfirm hw many hrs it wil take from Warri to Kano....bt d fact is dat some pple are discouragin ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥.....wats ur advice
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2013
en route to the United State of the Living Spring

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by MrMi6(m): 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
was scared to shit @first. buh am strong now. no fear nah even lil. ama rep futo in kano state...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by oluplus(m): 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
Hello all, NYSC in conjuction with "Ideal Morning Star" is introducing enterpreneurship course to your programme in orientation camp, starting from your batch and am the Kano facilitator. So, let's do it together. We have a lot of tips to dish out. I wish u the very best as u serve your father land and may God open doors of opportunity for u as he did for me 7 yrs ago in a strange land. See you in Kano guys.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Superlion09(m): 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
slimmy6ca: Halo fellow corpers i am being posted to Kano state and am in Warri..i want tocomfirm hw many hrs it wil take from Warri to Kano....bt d fact is dat some pple are discouragin ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥.....wats ur advice

My dear, I can only tell u hw many hrs it is frm auchi in edo to kano which is 11hrs. I can authoritatively tell u dat u have notin to be scared of abt dis town... I have been here working with a bank for almost 2yrs after my nysc and spending 25yrs in lagos. I was actually transferred frm lagos to dis city. I have seen corpers come n go n urs won't be different. Kano is peaceful compared to yobe,borno, and bauchi. I live my normal lasgidi life here. Feel free to call or ping if u have any challenges on 08060579691 n 2872EE4c... Am dube by name
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 8:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
Anybody coming from the Eastern & SW part shd just have it in mind that the duration to reach kano by Road transport might be up to 24hr. This may be prompted by so many things like Bus or Car speed rate,Engine rate,En route taken, Driver involve etc
Middle-belt & NE ppl have no major problem as per duration
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2013
Obvious,everybody can not leave kano after CAMP, some ppl would have preferred to be posted to this same kano but could not got it and some ppl will even still be redeployed to this same Kano.
so the decision to stay or not shd be based on so many personal,realistic & objective reasons & not just emotional,hear-talk or media reasons at all
I know of a lady that redeloyed and lately cancelled it but till now, her total 3 month allowance is still hanging.
In the same vain, I'm aware of 4 ppl from my batch presently that are smilling & thanking God that they are posted to Kano from the SW.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Superlion09(m): 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
leeelian: I just got posted to kano and am sooooo scared........... cryi

U have notin to be scared of... Kano is is calm n cool.. I work dere
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
Obvious,everybody can not leave kano after CAMP, some ppl would have preferred to be posted to this same kano but could not got it and some ppl will even still be redeployed to this same Kano.
so the decision to stay or not shd be based on so many personal,realistic & objective reasons & not just emotional,hear-talk or media reasons at all
I knew of a lady that got redeloyed and lately cancelled it but till now her total 3 month allowance is still hanging while some have no problem.
In the same vain, I'm aware of 4 ppl from my batch presently that are smilling & thanking God that they were posted to Kano from the SW.
So many are equally earning enough aside the monthly allowance. All what I'm saying is that U need to decide & determine what U want for urself as per the service year.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by kennydee05(m): 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
Frankaka8: erm, thxs 4 ur briefing. What's dia state payment like? Wch lang is fluent there? D social life too. Thxs
Hey!!! From lagos to Kano ȋ̝̊̅§ around 16-18 hours.
@ Iddo motor pasrk in Oyingbo d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ normally load 3 times per day (Marcopolo bus). D̶̲̥̅̊ first bus leaves around 3 or 4 pm and D̶̲̥̅̊ bust will get to Kano around 8-9 A̶̲̥̅♏.
Note it depend on D̶̲̥̅̊ speed of D̶̲̥̅̊ bus.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by kennydee05(m): 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
Frankaka8: erm, thxs 4 ur briefing. What's dia state payment like? Wch lang is fluent there? D social life too. Thxs
@ Iddo motor park in Oyingbo d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ normally load 3 times per day (Marcopolo bus). D̶̲̥̅̊ first bus leaves around 3 or 4 pm and D̶̲̥̅̊ bust will get to Kano around 8-9 A̶̲̥̅♏.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by kennydee05(m): 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
@ Iddo motor park in Oyingbo d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ normally load 3 times per day (Marcopolo bus). D̶̲̥̅̊ first bus leaves around 3 or 4 pm and D̶̲̥̅̊ bus will get to Kano around 8-9 A̶̲̥̅♏.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by kennydee05(m): 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
Frankly speaking I don't invovle in any social life in Kano because A̶̲̥̅♏ posted to a village but whenever it to do it I normally go to Zaria.
However, Sabo Ngari ȋ̝̊̅§ there for you to spend ♈ōU̶̲̥̅̊я allowee in one night. Sabo Ngari ȋ̝̊̅§ dominated by D̶̲̥̅̊ Igbos and other tribe...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
kennydee05, hw U dey & hw are enjoying this "climatic condition"?
whc LG area U & ar U aware of NIM lec currently going on. Exam na 1st & 2nd wkend of June.
we will appreciate if U will always come here to drop some tips & current happenings.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by kennydee05(m): 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2013
[quote author=kennydee05]
Their payment ȋ̝̊̅§ based on D̶̲̥̅̊ local govt U̶̲̥̅̊ are posted to and it varies from 5000 to 3000.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by eehweezzy(m): 11:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
i spent 8yrz in kano,,,,,,,,,,,,lets b frank o...kano is not safe for corper........peroid,no nid to tel lies,...yes!....beta apply for redeployment after ur orientatn camp.....plzzzzzzzz ooooooooo.kano no folo o...............lets b frank and save a life!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 11:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
eehweezzy: i spent 8yrz in kano,,,,,,,,,,,,lets b frank o...kano is not safe for corper........peroid,no nid to tel lies,...yes!....beta apply for redeployment after ur orientatn camp.....plzzzzzzzz ooooooooo.kano no folo o...............lets b frank and save a life!
U just nail it right from the head bro & that is good for U.
If I were able to have heard this kind advice during my own time b4 leaving for CAMP,I wont even mind the special PPA posting privilege that I was offered but eventually not granted by state authority.
#now that I have seen for myself....#
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by oladipoolaitan(m): 10:47am On Mar 03, 2013
kano is an interesting land to serve as youth coper. standard. i served at ungogo local govt area kn/9b/246 . enjoy and welcome to kano see me at middle

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by donted(m): 10:49am On Mar 03, 2013
kennydee05: FOR DIRECTION:
From any where in Nigeria enter Kano.
When U̶̲̥̅̊ reach Kaduna start to dey tell D̶̲̥̅̊ driver that you will drop @ Kona Dangura.(Always remind D̶̲̥̅̊ driver alnost every minute because he may give excuse that he has forgotten).
Enter D̶̲̥̅̊ motor park @ Kona Dangura and enquire for vehicle going to NYSC Karaye ( D̶̲̥̅̊ T-fare ȋ̝̊̅§ N300).
Note D̶̲̥̅̊ reason why you need not to enter D̶̲̥̅̊ Kano town ȋ̝̊̅§ because of D̶̲̥̅̊ increase in T-fare because form D̶̲̥̅̊ Kano city to Karaye ȋ̝̊̅§ far and D̶̲̥̅̊ cost may be around N1000 sometimes.
Wishing you safe journey (Adawo Lafia).
For enquiry call Kehinde on :08068218386
A̶̲̥̅♏ a current serving corper in Kano State...

Baba thnk u very much for the info. I'll do just dat

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by kennydee05(m): 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
Orpelin: kennydee05, hw U dey & hw are enjoying this "climatic condition"?
whc LG area U & ar U aware of NIM lec currently going on. Exam na 1st & 2nd wkend of June.
we will appreciate if U will always come here to drop some tips & current happenings.
Using my lodge mate to answer ♈ōU̶̲̥̅̊я question on D̶̲̥̅̊ weather he said " I don't understand this Kano weather". Frankly D̶̲̥̅̊ weather ȋ̝̊̅§ somehow harsh.
A̶̲̥̅♏ in Kunchi local govt, close to Bichi local govt.
A̶̲̥̅♏ not into NIM.
♥̸̨˚˚°♧ŧĦǻņĶ§ bro...
Less I forget hope U̶̲̥̅̊ are enjoying D̶̲̥̅̊ weather too?
Take care bro!!!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Nancy42(m): 9:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
i was posted to kano frm enugu i will be leaving on tues any corp member who is ready to hook up u can call me on 08032261278 nnaemeka lets go rock kariye camp joor
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by kennydee05(m): 12:06am On Mar 04, 2013
Orpelin:

Sir,hw is the branch network strenght of these banks around kano city and state generally; Access,ECO, GTBank and First Bank
Common guy what did U̶̲̥̅̊ take Kano for.
Will back ever be located in a non commercial area?
Dude!!! Kano ȋ̝̊̅§ called center of commerce so therefore there banks strenght ȋ̝̊̅§ as strong as Dubai own.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 04, 2013
sup guys.....u av nothing to fear. Kano is a nice place to stay.........i served in kano.batch b 2011/2012......here i am,still in kano,working and earning good pay
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by rhymesteey(f): 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
Hey house anyone in Kano yet what's da situation report there pls!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Inufele1: 6:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
Na wa oo! Y r u guys not coming around 2 giv situation report in kusala camp nah? Anywayz, i am in day 2 of my camping and thanks for description on how to reach the camp given on this thread. The camp is very ok by me, no single mosquito bite even when u r outside, if the entire State is dis organisd i think i have to do a re-think on my redeployment plan. At the moment, am still loving Kano o!!!

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 10:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
double post
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 10:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
This present batch A will be the 3rd set to use the CAMP,so it shd still be ok by now. also mosquitoes & flies are not just common as well.
Lady are usually given preference during registration.
Pls join the parade team if & only if U like the drill. never join bases on the so-called "incentive" or special PPA posting cos that does not usually occur,only the GPC & selected few ppl do secure that privilege.
There is usually guarantee of steady electricity supply after the official opening ceremony btw 8pm-12mid night.
As per water supply, I need not to say anything cos U can see that 4 urself but the situation is not the same when U finally leave CAMP,u are most likely gona buy water 4 all Ur daily need even in the township (whc is more costly than in the village).
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Timi1990(m): 12:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
I hate dis kano camp jooooor, its too far from kano city and dnt even really like d environment. Pls wat are d steps to take if you want to redeploy . Pls kindly help me out . . Am in camp now nd those army arent ready to tell me d steps to take . Pls help me out guys
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Timi1990(m): 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
rhymesteey: Hey house anyone in Kano yet what's da situation report there pls!

D camp is jst there jooor, nd u cant even take permission to go out cuz d distance na hell (its very far) . Are u also in camp ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A thread for corpers posted to Taraba / Batch B 2014 : Posted To Adamawa State, Let's Meet Here / NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.