Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills (7604 Views)

2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN / Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC / Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by lekanolas: 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
The Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, has directed all telecoms operators to provide instant SMS service to all phone users at the end of every call.

Such SMS service is expected to provide full details of the cost of each call, and available balance to the subscriber.

The directive followed complaints from telecoms subscribers over irregular billings.

A statement issued by the Head, Media and Public Relations, NCC, Mr. Reuben Muoka, said the service must be free to all subscribers with the commencement date for all the operators fixed for today.

The statement also specified heavy penalty for any operator that failed to comply with the new directive, aimed at checking dubious charges on phone calls made by subscribers. “Any operator which fails to commence the service to its subscribers will be liable to fine in the sum of N5 million as sanction and a further sum of N500,000 per day as long as the contravention persists,” the statement reads in part.

It noted that the commission had, in a directive issued in August, mandated “that from 1st of November, 2012, all mobile operators shall send, free of charge, a message or an alert to both post-paid and prepaid subscribers after every call, SMS, or system generated charge or tariff, with a proviso that a subscriber can opt out if he or she so wishes.”

The directive, the statement said, mandated the subscribers to send messages containing six critical information including: exact duration of the call minutes and seconds, total cost for each call or SMS; customer’s account balance after the last call for prepaid and SMS, etc.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/news/give-subscribers-instant-call-bills-ncc-orders-telecoms-firms/

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by mkmyers45(m): 9:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
Nice move..
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by puskin: 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hmmm......people inbox go full nah. shocked shocked
Time to de-activate my notifications.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by yamakuza: 12:34am On Nov 02, 2012
puskin: Hmmm......people inbox go full nah. shocked shocked
Time to de-activate my notifications.

na, i think they r gonna use flash sms ... mtn has been using that sha

It noted that the commission had, in a directive issued in August, mandated “that from 1st of November, 2012, all mobile operators shall send, free of charge, a message or an alert to both post-paid and prepaid subscribers after every call, SMS, or system generated charge or tariff, with a proviso that a subscriber can opt out if he or she so wishes.”
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by a1solution: 8:16am On Nov 02, 2012
But my Network started that long ago. I think NCC should concentrate on how to improve the clarity of call and internet service before this bill of a thing because someone can easily check his/her balance after any call.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 02, 2012
Nothing will come out of it. Initial gra gra.

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by persistenc(m): 8:23am On Nov 02, 2012
Good start frm NCC they should also sanction them for deducting money from subscribers account for no good reason, experienced dat alot on EmptyN(Thieves Network) even afta paying my Bis always stylishly deducting frm my acccount angry
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:28am On Nov 02, 2012
...and if i detect irregular billing, I will report to NCC or what?
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Sijo01(f): 8:31am On Nov 02, 2012
This is a beautiful and handsome move. Hope they see to it that this ideal is actualized.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Okijajuju1(m): 8:34am On Nov 02, 2012
MTN already does this..

However, I want to know what the NCC is doing about the poor voice clarity of calls.. These days, I barely hear a thing of what the other caller is saying or vice versa.. Ask for Etisalat, the amount of interferance I get on my calls is quite scary.. So I'm in the middle of a conversation and the next thing some other voice pops up speaking Akwa Ibom language, or I'm hearing some guy speaking pidgin.. I wonder how many of my calls someone else has listened to like that..
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by sylve11: 8:34am On Nov 02, 2012
Airtel has been doing that, even mtn. If Dem fail to send me the SMS, who I go report to? cool

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 02, 2012
Sijo01: This is a beautiful and handsome move. Hope they see to it that this ideal is actualized.
Amin o
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by RedLight1: 8:40am On Nov 02, 2012
NCC and their dubious way should be sanctioned too.. Very idle organization that only knows how to collect bribe and fine..
D networks are rippin us everyday with bad network, bad internet services.. All NCC could come up with is sms after everycall which i think its inconvinient sumtimes.. Abeg sum1 shud scrap dis stupid organization jare
BTW why are they not talking abt number portability anymore?
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by 2goodbobo(m): 8:42am On Nov 02, 2012
Is just a flash SMS that shows you your balance after each call or sms you make or send. Is an end of call notification that displays shortly on your phone screen. Airtel has been doing it since.

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by specco(m): 8:43am On Nov 02, 2012
Nice move. But above all, we are eagerly waiting for the Number Portability Ncc promised months ago.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Alapomeji3: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2012
NCC shuld Tink of a Better tin to do to these fraudulent network providers...they hav robbed us enuf
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Paentera(m): 8:56am On Nov 02, 2012
Airtel does this already - means they're ahead of the game - ALWAYS!

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Paentera(m): 8:59am On Nov 02, 2012
Okija_juju: MTN already does this..

However, I want to know what the NCC is doing about the poor voice clarity of calls.. These days, I barely hear a thing of what the other caller is saying or vice versa.. Ask for Etisalat, the amount of interferance I get on my calls is quite scary.. So I'm in the middle of a conversation and the next thing some other voice pops up speaking Akwa Ibom language, or I'm hearing some guy speaking pidgin.. I wonder how many of my calls someone else has listened to like that..

Oga shebi i told you to stop using China phone na - this is the effect!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 02, 2012
That's a good call...i think Mtn does that though nt often times
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by 2kurupt(m): 9:07am On Nov 02, 2012
Ok, I have heard!

When does NCC want to kick start Number Portability? Last time I checked they said September, but it's November already
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Super1759: 9:08am On Nov 02, 2012
this is not the solution to the poor quality of network in Nigeria
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Dygeasy(m): 9:18am On Nov 02, 2012
sylve11: Airtel has been doing that, even mtn. If Dem fail to send me the SMS, who I go report to? cool
if you ask meee, na who I go aask?
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 02, 2012
I wonder the network folks up use...some of them are saying nice move meanwhile the service is what they are having already!

MTN & AIRTEL have been using flash messages for while now.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Cupidkc(m): 9:48am On Nov 02, 2012
I do get the notifications,but the network have been very very poor.
Cant make calls since morning...mtcheew!
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by chucky234(m): 9:50am On Nov 02, 2012
NCC seem 100 steps backward,as far as I know Airtel has been using flash sms to update call cost and balance since 2010 while MTN followed suite in 2011.
They better dedicate their time in making sure those dubious GSM operators improves voice clarity and overall quality of their services,cost update by sms is certainly the last thing we need.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by kavey10(m): 10:08am On Nov 02, 2012
Airtel has been doing this forever, what pains me most is the way my bonus mb ends especially the 10mb bonus. If you load pictures or download anything, it's gone irrespective of the size of the file,even if you use Opera Mini! This guy's are bleepin ripoffs! Data subscription is the same too!
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 02, 2012
I just made a call on my GLO Line... I did not get anything...

Na lie jor
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Clemzy16(m): 11:02am On Nov 02, 2012
But my Airtel is doing that already. What the NCC should concentrate on right now is how to investigate the level of hidden charges in our telecom's. Call charges in Nigeria is way too expensive. Imagine using 100N to call just one person for not more than 5mins just because you called another network. The 25k/sec charge rate is a big blow to Nigerians. We have four major networks in Nigeria mainly MTN, etisalat, airtel and GLO. Where is the competition that we are talking about?! Can't they reduce it to 10k/sec if possible. Some of them will even feel big if they manage to reduce it to 20k/sec. If you go to our sister-country Ghana, you'll discover that call rate are far cheaper with better network quality than we have here in Nigeria. Also, the speed of browsing there is unstoppable. I personally think it is high time we have a federal owned telcom. Then this private owned companies will realised that it is not business as usual. An [b]average Nigerian spends up to Nine(9) thousand Naira, even more in buying airtime every month. You know what that means when you sum it in a year. This is not good for us. So, the NCC still has a lot more work to be done.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by luluosas(m): 11:09am On Nov 02, 2012
I am yet to this reflecting on my Glo since yesterday.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Awoofawo(m): 11:24am On Nov 02, 2012
kavey10: what pains me most is the way my bonus mb ends especially the 10mb bonus. If you load pictures or download anything, it's gone irrespective of the size of the file,even if you use Opera Mini! This guy's are bleepin ripoffs! Data subscription is the same too!
tot na only dey experience am! Airtel dey real do stylish thieving gan o! It's doesn't matter small the file you download your plan will just finish sharp sharp, that thing dey pain gan walaitalai!
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Smartjeezy(m): 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2012
My etisalat line suck,40naira per minute to other network...Thanx to my virgin mobile uk line.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
My immediate problem with my MTN is making my calls to connect, and when they manage to connect, the clarity of the calls.

Man...it is seriously affecting my business.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whasapp Virus Seriously Attacking Phones. / Which Phone Has The Best Camera in Nigeria / Meaning And Uses Of The OTG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.