Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,522 members, 7,836,994 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills (7608 Views)

2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN / Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC / Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by franchizy(m): 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2012
Pls when does dis happens
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Mustay(m): 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2012
'
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Mustay(m): 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2012
Airtel does this already! They notify one (after calling, texting or browsing with your credit) just the way you check your account balance. I won't want DISTURBING text messages like Etisalat does. geez!
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by horlahbc: 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
Nice move there...
I want 2 ask dis question y is bb user payin such huge amount b4 they can browse the network and others did not,the NCC should try smtin on this.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Seemyfather(m): 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
And how does that droped the call rate from where it is now to 2 or 1 kobo per second?

Or would that stop me from by a recharge card's before loading my phone?

Abeg make them i.e. NCC go sit down o jare?
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by nekaa(f): 10:47am On Nov 04, 2012
They are using it to fustrate me nau o...... Am really considering opting outta it.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by COMPAQ(m): 9:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
True talk..when is number portability starting? I can't wait to dump my Airtel for Etisalat and retain my number.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by luluosas(m): 8:14am On Dec 04, 2012
For the first time since NCC announced this issue, and for the very first time as a die-hard-Glo-fan, I finally got an SMS yesterday on my Glo line, with the details of my call. Before the SMS came, there was a flash message on the screen as well.
Glo subscribers in the house, have been getting this SMS too?
However, I have deleted the SMS mistakenly.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Mustay(m): 10:27am On Dec 16, 2012
Glo hasn't.

I have noticed that Airtel now goes a step forward to give details about the calls I make - duration and total costs. Good
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by luluosas(m): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2012
Mustay: Glo hasn't.

I have noticed that Airtel now goes a step forward to give details about the calls I make - duration and total costs. Good
You lied my friend. It may not have been implemented across all Glo lines but, that is not to say Glo have not started sending the flash SMS after every call and SMS already. Anyway, what about this?
Your call to 0705344..... for 152 secs cost NGN 20.40. Your balance is NGN 34.00. Send ACN OFF to 3036 to stop this message.
Which network do you think that displays their flash message this way? And remember, it is only Glo flash message you can store in your phone as it comes with options. Thank you.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by Mustay(m): 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2012
^^^ Hasty conclusions.

The Glo I use doesn't give details, never did I write for other subscribers. You make it look like you are into one marketing drive or something.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by luluosas(m): 8:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
Mustay: ^^^ Hasty conclusions.

The Glo I use doesn't give details, never did I write for other subscribers. You make it look like you are into one marketing drive or something.
I didn't conclude anything. Maybe you failed to see where I said Glo may not have implemented the flash message across all Glo lines. Thank you.
Re: NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills by luluosas(m): 8:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
The Glo flash message has a wrong counter in its operation, though the call charges are correct. Take this flash message for example:
“Your call to 0705344..... for 500 secs cost NGN 48.30. Your balance is NGN319.10. Send ACN OFF to 3036 to stop this message”
Now, if the counter as claimed by the Glo counter machine is correct, I ought to be charged N50.00 for the call, since my call rate to Glo numbers costs 10k/s. Meanwhile, my phone counter shows 8.03 (483 secs) which actually cost N48.30 as the flash message displayed. Glo should therefore correct this error seconds counting on the flash message machine now.
Glo subscribers in the house, do you also notice this on your Glo line after your calls?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Best Network/data Plan For An Android Smartphone? / From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN / MTN New Cheap Data Plans (Screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.