Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? (873 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Criminals Don't Seem To Respect MOGs Anymore / Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by plaetton: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
Over the past several weeks, many millions of people in many communities across our country have been ravaged by catastrophic floods. These floods have taken thousands of lives and have created a humanitarian crisis all across our nation.

The federal government,led by the the president, the various state governments and governors have stepped up to their responsibilities by doing as much as they could to offer rescue, and immediate relief to the victims of the flood disasters.

We have also seen many well-meaning individuals and organizations step in to offer assistance, notably the Catholic Churches.
Traditionally, offering a helping hand in times of crisis is an area where the modern Catholic Church excel well beyond expectations.

However, correct me if I am wrong, conspicously absent in this most important time of need and assistance are the Mega-Churches and their bigger-than-god MOGs(or MOFs).

In this time of great need, where the children of god are desperately crying out for help, Where are the likes of Adeboye,Oyaks, Okotie, Okonkwo, Mathew Oshomo-whatever and ofcourse Oyedepo?(The tyranny of Os).

Where are these jet-setting evnagelical Church Barons?.
As regents of Jesus, what better time would there be to give back to the followers and the communities, the love, bounties and benevolence of the body of Jesus?
In what better way would jesus manifest his redeeming power if not through the unconditional largese from these overfed cats?
servants?
This form of cold insensitivity to the genuine needs of the community are the kind of things that validate my personal opinion that pentecostal christianity is the most insidious, the most pernicous, the most evil form of institutional slavery ever spawned from the stable of Christendom.

Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
plaetton:

Over the past reveveral weeks many millions of people in many communities across our country have been ravaged by catastrophic floods. These foold have taken thousands of lives and have created a humanitarian crisis all across our nations.

The federal government,led by the the president, the various state governments and governors have stepped up to their responsibilities by doing as much as they could to offer rescue, and immediate relief tot he victims of the flood disasters.

We have also seen many wel-meaning individuals and organizations step in to offer assistance, notably the Catholic Churches. Traditionally, offering a helping hand in times of crisis is an area where the modern Catholic Church excel well beyond expectations.

However, correct me if I am wrong, conspicously absent in this most important time of need and assistance are the Mega-Churches and their bigger-than-god MOGs(or MOFs).

I this time of great need, where the children of god are desperately crying out for help, Where are the likes of Adeboye,Oyaks, Okotie, Okonkwo, Mathew Oshomo-whatever and ofcourse Oyedepo?(The tyranny of Os).

As regents of Jesus, what better time would there be to give back to the followers and the communities, the love, bounties and benevolence of the body of Jesus?
In what better way would jesus manifest his redeeming power if not through the unconditional largese from these overfed cats?

This form of cold insensitivity to the genuine needs of the community are the kind of things that validate my personal opinion that pentecostal christianity is the most insidious, the most pernicous, the most evil form of institutional slavery ever spawned from the stable of Christendom.

.....apparently, his private jet was flooded as well and he needs tithe relief
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
logicboy no go kee person..lmao

@plaetton:
I hope this does not make front page... the responses from their MAGAS could turn out to be really embarassing.

Personally, I can't see any hope for this country..
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
musKeeto: logicboy no go kee person..lmao

@plaetton:
I hope this does not make front page... the responses from their MAGAS could turn out to be really embarassing.

Personally, I can't see any hope for this country..

This should make front page.

At least, it would make people ask questions of these MEGA MOGs
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

This should make front page.

At least, it would make people ask questions of these MEGA MOGs
Lol, the more you attack, the stronger their resolve ...
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol, the more you attack, the stronger their resolve ...

Dosnt apply to everyone.....Davidylan has been reduced to small time trolling. He dare not even talk about evolution anymore grin

2 Likes

Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by plaetton: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

Dosnt apply to everyone.....[b]Davidylan has been reduced to small time trolling. He dare not even talk about evolution anymore ;[/b]D

Nor his biblical knowledge.
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Delafruita(m): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
plaetton:
Over the past several weeks, many millions of people in many communities across our country have been ravaged by catastrophic floods. These floods have taken thousands of lives and have created a humanitarian crisis all across our nation.

The federal government,led by the the president, the various state governments and governors have stepped up to their responsibilities by doing as much as they could to offer rescue, and immediate relief to the victims of the flood disasters.

We have also seen many well-meaning individuals and organizations step in to offer assistance, notably the Catholic Churches.
Traditionally, offering a helping hand in times of crisis is an area where the modern Catholic Church excel well beyond expectations.

In this time of great need, where the children of god are desperately crying out for help, Where are the likes of Adeboye,Oyaks, Okotie, Okonkwo, Mathew Oshomo-whatever and ofcourse Oyedepo?(The tyranny of Os).

servants?
they're all in their "secret places" praying to yahweh on behalf of the flood victims.
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by wiegraf: 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
It seems posts like are as effective as bomb threats to certain people. How many hours now, no response?
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Joagbaje(m): 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
@op
Why should you be churches . Churches are doing their best for flood victims especially for their brethren . The question should have been for you , who have you helped ?

1 Like

Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
plaetton:

Nor his biblical knowledge.

Thank you! I miss the good old days.......the christians are now docile. Thier MOGs have been exposed, false doctrines revealed and their god debunked.

Only a handful can engage in apologetics. I miss Anony as well. He always gave us a good fight. The rest just give up and shout biblical curses
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
Joagbaje: @op
Why should you be churches . Churches are doing their best for flood victims especially for their brethren . The question should have been for you , who have you helped ?

Epic fail......

1) The churhces that blow the loudest horns arent doing anything. The OP at least acknowledged the catholic church to be objective.

2) Dont try to switch the question. The op asked you a question. You dont answer the question by avoiding the fact that you adn your ministry have done little to help while claiming to be holy
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by plaetton: 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
Joagbaje: @op

Diffusion of responsibility?
Can you please tell us how much your church has donated to flood releif and to the flood victims of your church.

Your church is a community. Is it not?
Your church collects billions of naira every month from the members of that community.Do you not?

Would giving back a fraction of the billions to the community in the form of flood relief and assistance not be the least noble way your church can give back god's steadfast love, bounties and faithful promises to the people?.

My stomach churns when I consider your reasoning on this type of issue.
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Joagbaje(m): 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^^
What did your own church do? What did you do. Before you criticize others. What have you done.? You can't put hand in your pocket and be pointing fingers to others . It's hypcricy .i know what I did and what we did. What did you do?

1 Like

Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
Joagbaje: ^^^
What did your own church do? What did you do. Before you criticize others. What have you done.? You can't put hand in your pocket and be pointing fingers to others . It's hypcricy .i know what I did and what we did. What did you do?
Jo the crook, the best form of defense is attack, abi?
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by plaetton: 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
Joagbaje: ^^^

Don't be silly.
I do not collect millions from people everyday under the pretext of god. So even if I personally do not do anything, I have a very good excuse.
Silly rabbit, I did not ask you Joagbaje what you have personally done.

I have asked what have the churches, especially the mega-churches, the community institutions that reep so much from the community on behalf of god, what have they given back to the communities in this time of dire needs, on behalf of god?.

"By their words and deeds you shall know them."

Anyone who has a bit of honesty and decency in their hearts would understand where I am coming.

But you, you are showcasing the wickedness of your heart and the shallowness of your evangelical enterprise by deflecting the questions back to me.
Do I run a mege-church?
I am not a churchtian.

But at least the catholic church,true to their traditions, as I pointed out, has been doing Lot to assist and alleviate the sufferings of the victims.

What has your mega-church and your man-of-fraud done to help?
If you dont have an answer , then Shut Your Mouth.
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Joagbaje(m): 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
plaetton:

Don't be silly.
I do not collect millions from people everyday under the pretext of god.

you don't need millions to reach out. Some of our people people donated clothes shoes , medical doctors set up mobile clinics and travell by canoe to treat infection that came by flood. And gave antibiotics and other treatment. Apart from food donations and relocation of certain people to houses for temporal refuge. Loadds of Bags of pure water were sent to so many bevause they were drinking the poluted flood water. Etc

of So tell us about your church, what did your church do? What did you do ?
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by Joagbaje(m): 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Jo the crook, the best form of defense is attack, abi?

Where is my Mosquito spray? Pzzzzzzzzzzzz! . . . .gbam
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by plaetton: 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

you don't need millions to reach out. Some of our people people donated clothes shoes , medical doctors set up mobile clinics and travell by canoe to treat infection that came by flood. And gave antibiotics and other treatment. Apart from food donations and relocation of certain people to houses for temporal refuge. Loadds of Bags of pure water were sent to so many bevause they were drinking the poluted flood water. Etc

of So tell us about your church, what did your church do? What did you do ?

I am not talking about what your individual church members have done. I am asking what your church, as a whole have done, how many cheques has your Mog or oversear written on behalf of your church?..
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by wiegraf: 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
Man, such a difficult question to answer. Sweat everywhere...

Now, I don't particularly care for what your rich person does with his money. It's their money, they worked for it (of course, minus looters). For instance I'd like to castigate steve jobs for a lot of things, including being an uncharitable bast**d (he even stopped all of apple's involvement with charities after he began his second spell as ceo), but that's his business. There's also people like ayrton senna who from all indications were pr1cks publicly but were actually extremely charitable when no one was watching (in senna's case, we might never have found out as he died young in an accident, his intention might have been to erase any trace of his heavy involvement in charity work). But mog are obviously different, really. They should be examples, considering their claims, not to mention the money they receive from communities....
Re: Flood Relief, Where Are The Mega-churches And The Mogs? by plaetton: 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2012
wiegraf: Man, such a difficult question to answer. Sweat everywhere...

Now, I don't particularly care for what your rich person does with his money. It's their money, they worked for it (of course, minus looters). For instance I'd like to castigate steve jobs for a lot of things, including being an uncharitable bast**d (he even stopped all of apple's involvement with charities after he began his second spell as ceo), but that's his business. There's also people like ayrton senna who from all indications were pr1cks publicly but were actually extremely charitable when no one was watching (in senna's case, we might never have found out as he died young in an accident, his intention might have been to erase any trace of his heavy involvement in charity work). But mog are obviously different, really. They should be examples, considering their claims, not to mention the money they receive from communities....
Yes indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Heals A Dumb Child Witout Even Praying / Chances Are, You And Your Family Will Wind Up In Hell! / Tunisian Man Slaughtered For Embracing Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.