Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi (11095 Views)

Saraki Wins First Battle At CCT Trial, PM News / Buhari, Jimi Benson In Early Lead In Ikorodu - PM News / I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by takedat(m): 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
I think the Guild of Editors or NUJ should sanction the writer of such malicious story. We all know our politicians are corrupt but to circulate lies about them is bad. This will make others to verify the content of their news before publishing

1 Like

Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hope saharareporters will learn from this.

2 Likes

Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by gistyinka(m): 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmm,ojoro
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by IYANGBALI: 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
M M M: But dere is an atom of truth in every rumor undecided
Which truth?all that one na assumption mummy o kowo je men.
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by Gbawe: 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
politician:

Nigerians!! Kai!!!

After the newspaper tender an apology and dissociate itself from the news!!!

Atom ko! Neutron ni!!

The hatred for some political group has blinded any form of objectivity!!!

When you have made up your mind to hang a dog, any rope would do!!!

Awon onisokuso!!
Thank you !!! For me, the number of times I have read here the senseless BS that "there is an element of truth in every rumour" is simply a nauseating indicator of the unprincipled characters of some using this forum. So every outrightly wicked and ungodly lie must be viewed as having an element of truth to it? Na wa for some Nigerians.

Everyone going around feigning hypocritical shock at the ALUU killers. As if some , with the way they talk hatefully here, are not capable of similar going by their summary judgement and total lack of fairness towards others. Anyone who is a politician just deserves to be hated blindly and savagely ? Some of us should check the ugliness of our minds .

2 Likes

Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by Horus(m): 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
Apologies rejected grin

1 Like

Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2012
How much is Pmnewsnigeria worth?
What would you expect from a Ratz Newspaper( mind you the word ratz is not local or yoruba) It's a knee bees english used in the early 19's Ratz means cheap or of low quality
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by RedLight1: 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
kaorama: Hope saharareporters will learn from this.
most sahara reporters news are propaganda and they like exaggerating.. Buh they are mostly truth..
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by doctokwus: 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
Its evn more annoying dat in dis day when evn primary sch kids in mushin can handle a computer to a reasonable extent,an auto response,which is common to decipher got a so called editorial team of a newspaper confused.Some pple are really determined 2 kp nigeria in d stone age.Glad never read d trash paper.
Mrs Ajimobi shd demand enuf financial compensation to bankcrupt d newspaper,so dat d general poor investigative report in nigeria will b halted.

2 Likes

Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
This is a new way to shut up the whistle blowers of naija journalism. Smh but Pm news why na?? Why una no confirm yur tori before pastin. Anyway let me publish my own story for una "PM News Nigeria files bankrupcy after losing billion naira lawsuit" hehe

1 Like

Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by deor03(m): 6:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
How do we believe this apology now,coming from same PM Newspaper ?

1 Like

Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by femliany(m): 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
Don't forget someone made Alamaesiya's escape possible by disguising as a woman.Still in this same UK
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by Horus(m): 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
Pm news will have to sell even their computers to pay the lawsuit.

1 Like

Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
pDude: What do you expect from Poor Man Newspaper?

But that woman don too waka abeg
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by Lordmike: 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
WHEN WILL NIGERIAN PRESS GUYS START PAINTING NIGERIA GOOD AND STOP LOOKING FOR BLACK NEWS TO WRITE. SHAME ON PM NEWS. MRS AJIMOBI PLEASE TEACH PM A LESSON IN COURT.

1 Like

Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by mowapa(m): 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
Una sabi who owns P.M atleast, partly? Sen.Ojudu of Ekiti A.C.N....go figure ...in-house job..
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by takedat(m): 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
mo wapa: Una sabi who owns P.M atleast, partly? Sen.Ojudu of Ekiti A.C.N....go figure ...in-house job..
Stop this fallacy. If it truly belongs to Ojudu, would they have come out in their initial report to smear their owners associate? Why didn't other mainstream media report the purported arrest? This Day and Premium Times that also spoke with Met Police and Border Police and they both debunked the claim that she was arrested. If she was truly arrested don't you think the Akala's and other PDP chieftains would have shouted out?
I tire for you o
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by andyanders: 9:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
peckhamboi: you go explain your apology in court.

The best answer. Let them go to the court and apologize. Yeye journalist.
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by miqos02(m): 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
Madam sorry ehn sori
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by Ijebulogic(m): 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2012
was madam "questioned"? by the Met? a subtle difference exists between being arrested and questioned. Who knows!
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by freebreezeyz(m): 12:19am On Nov 02, 2012
after such blasphemies are committed by dis so called 'poor man' news, what gain is recorded as regards sales of their newspapers?
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by emiye(m): 2:29am On Nov 02, 2012
Unfortunately the initial smear campaign is what some folks will ever hear, because it is heartening and convenient to be seen as the truth. Bad news spread way faster.

I believe the case should not be allowed to die, and the legal route should be toed.
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by ektbear: 2:35am On Nov 02, 2012

+100

Which kyn useless apology be dis.

PM News shall "apologize" with its pocket boot.
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by ektbear: 2:37am On Nov 02, 2012

After about one hour, pmnewsnigeria.com got a response from the 
Metropolitan Police, that said at the bottom of its query: “Confirmation: Yes”.

In another part of the response, MET said: “Thank you 
for your email. I am sorry, we are unable to disclose any information to you 
under the Data Protection Act.” It was signed by “The Email Office,
Lambeth CCC, Metropolitan Police.”

Pmnewsnigeria.com wrote its report about the ‘confirmation of 
the arrest’ based on this response.
At the point of writing the report, the pmnewsnigeria.com team, interpreted the MET’s “Confirmation : Yes”, as a
 confirmation of the question they had asked, viz: “We are trying to confirm
 whether the story(about Mrs. Ajimobi) is true and whether the MET is planning
 to press a charge”.

Was this where the team went wrong?
Events thereafter appeared to suggest that the e-mail response was a mere auto-response, its standard, robotized and programmed answer to all enquiries.

Lmao! So on the basis of this automatic email, they decided to slander her?

No actual phone conversation with a real person...just a generic email is what they used to decide to publish the article?

Jesus Christ, why is the Nigerian media so useless and unprofessional
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by ektbear: 2:38am On Nov 02, 2012
So, Mr Globe, Abagworo, etc, where are your own apologies?
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by Westadon(m): 6:22am On Nov 02, 2012
Will no loger trust any info posted by PM news, they don't giv surest info. SHAMEFUL

1 Like

Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by adventisty: 8:53am On Nov 02, 2012
Pains of always being the first to report / comment!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lessons learnt though.
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by Orikinla(m): 10:20am On Nov 02, 2012
ilugunboy: Buncha of r.etards!!...why not go through the whole process of verification before rushing to press.

[size=28pt]WHAT OF THE IDI-OTS ON NAIRALAND AND OTHER GOSSIP TABLOIDS AND LIARS BLOGS WHO SPREAD THE FAKE RUMORS?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by mapet: 12:08pm On Nov 02, 2012
I support this notion too. This is not sentiments, it is about sanity and sancity of our collective well being. How do you gather the broken and scattered egg? How do you delete all the viral spread of this false information. If the damages will cause them to sell off PM News, let it serve as a deterrent to others, else I can collect money from some unscrupulus character to destroy someones reputition only to offer lame appologies later on.
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by mapet: 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2012
@ Oga_doctokwus,

You can't imagine the depth Nigeria press has sunk to lately. when OBJ told us he doesn't read Nigerian newspaper, we cricified him. when Fashola told Sowore and his crew that he doesn't rea Sahara Reporters, the guy went online the next hour to reign all sorts of indirect insults on him. My MD tells us he doen't talk to Nigerian press, infact Thisday is banned in my office for any advert placement or any media collaboration.

May of these people have been so unproffessional and personal in many instances. Channels new carrying the death of Yar'Adua while the guy was still alive, now claiming the mistake came from a news agency they subscribed to. ThisDay and The Nation furnishing us with questionable surveys prior to Ondo elections just to help tacitly campaign for candidates of their choices......

With PM's lame excuse, it's all balderdash. Everybody knows an auto responder when they see one, how come a whole editorial team don't

Please OYO STATE GOVERNMENT, REJECT THIS APOLOGY and PROCEED WITH THE LITIGATION. It is not for Oyo State or Mrs. Ajimobi alone. It is for sanity in our system.
doctokwus: Its evn more annoying dat in dis day when evn primary sch kids in mushin can handle a computer to a reasonable extent,an auto response,which is common to decipher got a so called editorial team of a newspaper confused.Some pple are really determined 2 kp nigeria in d stone age.Glad never read d trash paper.
Mrs Ajimobi shd demand enuf financial compensation to bankcrupt d newspaper,so dat d general poor investigative report in nigeria will b halted.
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by mapet: 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2012
@ Oga Wizeboy,

The question leads to other pertinent questions
1. Why are we so poor in researchin even on NL, that we regurgitate lots of questionable and dumb ascerssions and argue blindly and stu.pidly
2. Why have we been so lazy that we believe and perpertuate lies and falsehood before thinking thru it. A NLer on the earlier on that thread punctured the report with a simple analysis on the alleged travel frequency of Mrs. Ajimobi. That for the ascerssion to be true, Mrs. Ajimobi must have been travelling to London everyweekend at least- which is ridiculous, but many thoughtless NLers still went ahead with the jaundiced view of "there is an element of truth in every rumour"
3. Why do we get on unnecessary frenzy when with opportunity to pry into people's private lives and do damage.

Wizeboy: Hmmmmmm.... Why are we so poor in researching to get an authentic information/report on a subject matter before broadcasting it, in this part of the world.

I am not surprise by the unprofessional attitude of PM News, if the whole Presidency who should have accurate and first hand information can non-challantly lifted a false information about the Corruption Index in Nigeria without verification before reading it to Nigerian and International world on October 1st, what more should we expect.

In a sane country, the paper will automatically lost its credibility, I am sure before tomorrow, many Nigerians will still believe blindly in the information that will be pass out by the same media company. May God save us in this part of the world.
Re: Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi by mapet: 12:34pm On Nov 02, 2012
Investigative Journalism my foot. They do nothing. They simply go online and replicate news. Sports Journalist are my major culprits since the 90s. When they carry allege transfer rumours like "JJ Okocha about to be signed by Chelsea" and days later Chelsea will deny ever having any discussion with any agent or any party.....
take dat: If she was truly arrested, EFCC and Nigeria High Commission in the UK would have confirmed it.
This is a case of investigative journalism gone sour

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Robbed Buhari In South-east In 2015 – Rochas Okorocha / Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim / El-Rufai 's Book Is Full Of Lies - Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.