Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? (2128 Views)

PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour / Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola / Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Mandelaguy(m): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
Is nairaland becoming partial and corrupt? I do not want to believe that a forum we have all begun to see as different will start rubbing shit on our faces. I have not really commented much on issues recently because of my tight schedule, my blog and other business interests, but it was with dismay that I noticed that everything on the on going good govenance tour on nairaland had been wiped or compromised and the people involved banned. As you all know, I hate any form of injustice and I cannot stand to Keep quiet and watch things get out of hand, hence this thread. I am urging people who stand on the path of truth to talk on this matter. They may try to block me nice again as they have always done, but this is a copy of the letter I sent to the moderators,

It is with utmost dismay that I have come to observe the partiality and partisan nature at which you people now moderate and treat issues that are of public discus, it is unfair and unjust. You are supposed to be impartial about all this, but it is surprising that you are not. The good governance tour that is on-going is supposed to allow Nigerians speak their minds and people residing in the visited areas to either corroborate the stories or show them as false, not for you to remove the threads and ban those who are posting. I have not really participated much in the debates of posts, but I was dismayed when I saw what you guys have done. I urge you to release those threads and unban the people example is someone like countryman93. I don't want to start something that will bring nairaland to disrepute, this is a social media era, and through m website, I have over 50,000 people raing to attack this issue and it will hurt nairaland badly and portray it in a bad light. I have kept a copy of this mail I am sending to you now, so do not try turning it upside down.

Thanks,
MANDELAGUY.

Read, and judge,if we all are fighting against injustice in this country, should we condone it, should we oppress directly or indirectly? I speak because I have to. This piece of Poo must stop!!
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Captainajama: 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
My brother, no be small thing o! What is Jarus and co turning to? People cannot take this lying down, we need to know wah is happening in this country, and everyone is free to show us from their own angle. We cannot be fed with only what some group want us to fee from. They should nan those threads and the people posting things on them, we are all watching
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Mandelaguy(m): 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
Captainajama: My brother, no be small thing o! What is Jarus and co turning to? People cannot take this lying down, we need to know wah is happening in this country, and everyone is free to show us from their own angle. We cannot be fed with only what some group want us to fee from. They should nan those threads and the people posting things on them, we are all watching
I know that a lot of people are watching and talking, my twitter handle and blog is being disturbed because of this, that was what drew my attention to this matter and I have taken time to o through the whole thing and became very unhappy when I saw that it is true.......haba moderators! Are you guys now working for a particular group? Answer us by blocking this one and get an all out war!
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Countryman93: 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
Fellow Nairalanders, tell them to unblock my threads on the good governance tour that is going on now,the tour train is in Nasarawa now, they should leave me alone, blocking me or my thread will not stop me from saying the truth,and I know that freedom of Information is now an act in Nigeria. Everything I have posted on the good governance tour has been hidden after banning me, is tha fair? I ask is that fair!!? This is supposed to be an interactive forum and should be left that way, thank you MANDELAGUY for coming to my aid in this, bu it is still not enough to unblock me, they should release all my hidden posts and threads, all the topics I have generated and been involved in. What are they hidding or running from? Do they now have new paymasters? I don't want to lose the respect I have for nairaland and know that I am speaking the minds of many people on this forum.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Gorillaunit: 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2012
I think say na only me notice am ooo. I came back to the post this morning only to notice that it has been hidden, thought this forum was created to express our personal views on issues. MAYBE, the moderator has an alternative objective please let us be aware of it ooooo.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Countryman93: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
Gorilla unit: I think say na only me notice am ooo. I came back to the post this morning only to notice that it has been hidden, thought this forum was created to express our personal views on issues. MAYBE, the moderator has an alternative objective please let us be aware of it ooooo.
gentlemen and ladies, check this out, even if I stole from central bank with guns blazing in broad day light, is this fair?

₦airaland Forum
Welcome, Countryman93: Edit Profile / Followed Topics(41) / Liked(cool / Trending / Recent / New / Logout
Stats: 965455 members, 1025744 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 November 2012 at 04:28 PM

View My Posts
Nairaland Forum / My Profile / My Posts

(0) (1) (2) (of 3 pages)
Politics / Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Countryman93: 4:27pm
Fellow Nairalanders, tell them to unblock my threads on the good governance tour that is going on now,the tour train is in Nasarawa now, they should leave me alone, blocking me or my thread will not stop me from saying the truth,and I know that freedom of Information is now an act in Nigeria. Everything I have posted on the good governance tour has been hidden after banning me, is tha fair? I ask is that fair!!? This is supposed to be an interactive forum and should be left that way, thank you MANDELAGUY for coming to my aid in this, bu it is still not enough to unblock me, they should release all my hidden posts and threads, all the topics I have generated and been involved in. What are they hidding or running from? Do they now have new paymasters? I don't want to lose the respect I have for nairaland and know that I am speaking the minds of many people on this forum.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
This post has been hidden
(0) (1) (2) (of 3 pages)
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Countryman93: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
Countryman93: gentlemen and ladies, check this out, even if I stole from central bank with guns blazing in broad day light, is this fair?

₦airaland Forum
Welcome, Countryman93: Edit Profile / Followed Topics(41) / Liked(cool / Trending / Recent / New / Logout
Stats: 965455 members, 1025744 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 November 2012 at 04:28 PM

View My Posts
Nairaland Forum / My Profile / My Posts

(0) (1) (2) (of 3 pages)
Politics / Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Countryman93: 4:27pm
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
(0) (1) (2) (of 3 pages)

This is just the zero page o! Should I show the next page ?
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Jarus(m): 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
What can't you guys be specific, rather than all these blabbing?

What exactly is the issue? Which thread was locked? That's all we need.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Mandelaguy(m): 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
Jarus: What can't you guys be specific, rather than all these blabbing?

Jarus, no one is blabbing here, OMG! I just went to countryman93's post, you people hid all his posts, why would you do that? Unblock them, people are waiting to be making their contributions on the good governance tour.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Mandelaguy(m): 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2012

Come o! Jarus! Why would you hurl veiled insults at people, why should a moderator see a glaring act of injustice and as people are blabbing? Anways, let me pretend you are not referring to me.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Arobam: 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
OGA, Mukina abi Musiwa? Why are you guys hiding a thread on Good Governance Tour? It's a thread I always look upto since the tour started.
I am an avid admirer of Jonathan and his transformation agenda therefore I don't joke with any thread on his projects.
If you guys don't want us to make an issue out of this mole hill, I beg you to retrieve those threads.
It is in the interest of free speech and democracy that all opinions be heard no matter whoose ox is gored
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Jarus(m): 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mandelaguy: Jarus, no one is blabbing here, OMG! [b]I just went to countryman93's post, you people hid all his posts, why would you do that? [/b]Unblock them, people are waiting to be making their contributions on the good governance tour.

This is the relevant sentence. Yet, you didnt mention this in the whole epistle you typed on there.

Anyway, I will investigate and get back to you.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Mandelaguy(m): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
Jarus:

This is the relevant sentence. Yet, you didnt mention this in the whole epistle you typed on there.

Anyway, I will investigate and get back to you.
The epistle as you called it is as clear as the one apostle Paul wrote to the Church in Ephesus and Philipians, don't feign ignorance of what I wrote, it makes nonsense of all you and I should stand for, and men that indulge in such are easily forgotten. It is an advice.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Elueme: 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
[b]Haba!, this is unfair. What could have warranted this? Seem like a selective engagement or rather the moderators would have said what they are not comfortable with instead of trending this path.. I follow the posts on the tour because as a nationalist, I needed to know what our state governors are doing instead of the unwarranted blames the citizens direct to the federal government, I feel states should also be accountable and held liable. The media are a washed with news of federal govt but little is heard of what individual states are doing so platforms like this as offered by this tour is one of the opportunities some Nigerians may have to know. Personally speaking I want to see what PDP and ACN states are doing so we can compare instead of relying on media's propaganda. First, I commend the effort of the Op, one countryman guy, you have afforded me the opportunity to have a knowledge of what govtt is upto in the area of capital projects and this platform has also given me a glimpse of what some states governors e.g plateau and Kwara are doing for their people. Before now, I wrote Plateau off as a performing state.
To the moderators, I may not know your reasons for this actions but i think we are adults and civilized so it will be good if the Op or the public are told your reasons. Long before my registering into this forum, I visit for information gathering and I know there are thousands of Nigerians in my shoes. First I saw it as a platform where people express their feelings on issues provided you are not breaching the law of the country and the laws guiding the forum. A citizen is privileged to have an access to information and evidence of a national tour and chose to share it with others, I think such person should be commended and not discouraged. To Seun, Jarus and co, irrespective of what we do here, we are first Nigerians, let it be impressed on us that we should put our nation first. Pls, I need to follow up with what is going on. The op of this thread said they are in Nasarawa and that's a state of interest to me because CPC government is there. I am interested in comparing and contrasting the activities of governors, [/b]

1 Like

Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Jarus(m): 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^^^

From my investigations, your posts were tagged spam by our spambot and that was right. You were posting same topic(tour of Plateau, for example) more than once, in some cases in even wrong sections like programming.

I have untagged one each for each of the multiple topics and they are now visible. When next you open multiple threads for same topic, you wont enjoy this.

Go and sin no more.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Bukkyade: 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
If there is any tangible proof that Nairaland is sponsored by the opposition to witchunt GEJ, this is it. I don't need any other evidence to prove it.
This is injustice of the highest order. Simply because we comment steady on the ongoing Good Governance Tour, Seun and co decided to hide the thread and remove it entirely.

Now I know why those threads never made it to the front page. It's very unfortunate.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Dpeacemaker101: 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2012

nobody is blabbing here, all of these have been going on here and everyone has been quite about it, and you guys just do your thing. Why should other peoples thread be hidden , and others that don't even make sense be on the front page. Sometimes, a topic will be on its 3rd page and still be in the politics forum, while it should be on the front page....... God is watching you in 4D, Mr moderator.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Bukkyade: 5:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
Jarus: ^^^^

From my investigations, your posts were tagged spam by our spambot and that was right. You were posting same topic(tour of Plateau, for example) more than once, in some cases in even wrong sections like programming.

I have untagged one each for each of the multiple topics and they are now visible. When next you open multiple threads for same topic, you wont enjoy this.

Go and sin no more.

Forget this grammar. Spamdot is responsible for blocking all threads on Good Governance Tour?
I guess Spamdot is also responsible for not pushing any of such threads to the front page inspite of its topical nature?
I have complained bitterly and severally about this discrimination.
At times, these threads gets to 2 pages and yet don't make front page. Talk another story joor

1 Like

Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Mandelaguy(m): 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2012

Go and sin no more.
Countryma93, from now, I will be following you personally on every thread you open, come o, Jarus! What non.sense are you talking about spambot and no spambot? You and I know that you just told a white lie now, anyway, you have no power to forgive any sin, so, don't go that direction again and I too have checked what you have untagged, it is not enough, untag everything because countryman93 is making me understand tha you are still hiding some sensitive and important ones. Come o! Is what Bukkyade saying true? With all the posts I saw on the national good governance tour, non made front page? Haba mutumi, that is gross injustice, make nairaland no fall my hands like Saharareporters o!
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by SOHKAHTOA: 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
Chei!!, no I don't believe Seun or the moderators can do this. .however, those threads look like bringing out the positive aspect of government but we are not immuned to only bad news. . If the 36 states can be toured at leadt we may be able to judge this time with evidence. I have much regard for this forum based on what I was told before joining last month, though what I am witnessing is below my expectation but I must commend the initiators. For this forum to attain that height, there should be liberty provided it's within the confines of the law guiding the forum and the country.pls, let there be equity.God bless your hussle.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Mandelaguy(m): 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: Chei!!, no I don't believe Seun or the moderators can do this. .however, those threads look like bringing out the positive aspect of government but we are not immuned to only bad news. . If the 36 states can be toured at leadt we may be able to judge this time with evidence. I have much regard for this forum based on what I was told before joining last month, though what I am witnessing is below my expectation but I must commend the initiators. For this forum to attain that height, there should be liberty provided it's within the confines of the law guiding the forum and the country.pls, let there be equity.God bless your hussle.
I have been following the developments in the National Good governance Tour and taking and compiling my own notes too, yes, Labaran Maku has told us that Federal executive council approved it and that it will go round the 36 states. Let us see how fast non PDP states will make I to the front page with fewer pages. Time will judge Seun and co!
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by touchmehard: 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
I hereby move a motion that Every thread on the National Good Governance Tour 2012 should remain on the Frontpage, until the tour is over. Those in support of my motion say "AYE"
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Mekusnwa: 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2012

Go and sin no more.
. Guy, see your excuse, who you dey lie give? No be only spambot, na spam.......... If you are tired of the topics and comments, close the site make we no say you don tire..... Which levels self. Abiii, dem don send u.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Mandelaguy(m): 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
touch_me_hard: I hereby move a motion that Every thread on the National Good Governance Tour 2012 should remain on the Frontpage, until the tou so over. Those in support of my motion say "AYE"
AYE
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by SOHKAHTOA: 5:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
Elueme: [b]Haba!, this is unfair. What could have warranted this? Seem like a selective engagement or rather the moderators would have said what they are not comfortable with instead of trending this path.. I follow the posts on the tour because as a nationalist, I needed to know what our state governors are doing instead of the unwarranted blames the citizens direct to the federal government, I feel states should also be accountable and held liable. The media are a washed with news of federal govt but little is heard of what individual states are doing so platforms like this as offered by this tour is one of the opportunities some Nigerians may have to know. Personally speaking I want to see what PDP and ACN states are doing so we can compare instead of relying on media's propaganda. First, I commend the effort of the Op, one countryman guy, you have afforded me the opportunity to have a knowledge of what govtt is upto in the area of capital projects and this platform has also given me a glimpse of what some states governors e.g plateau and Kwara are doing for their people. Before now, I wrote Plateau off as a performing state.
To the moderators, I may not know your reasons for this actions but i think we are adults and civilized so it will be good if the Op or the public are told your reasons. Long before my registering into this forum, I visit for information gathering and I know there are thousands of Nigerians in my shoes. First I saw it as a platform where people express their feelings on issues provided you are not breaching the law of the country and the laws guiding the forum. A citizen is privileged to have an access to information and evidence of a national tour and chose to share it with others, I think such person should be commended and not discouraged. To Seun, Jarus and co, irrespective of what we do here, we are first Nigerians, let it be impressed on us that we should put our nation first. Pls, I need to follow up with what is going on. The op of this thread said they are in Nasarawa and that's a state of interest to me because CPC government is there. I am interested in comparing and contrasting the activities of governors, [/b]
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Mekusnwa: 5:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
touch_me_hard: I hereby move a motion that Every thread on the National Good Governance Tour 2012 should remain on the Frontpage, until the tou so over. Those in support of my motion say "AYE"
I second your motion.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Mandelaguy(m): 5:14pm On Nov 01, 2012
Elueme: [b]Haba!, this is unfair. What could have warranted this? Seem like a selective engagement or rather the moderators would have said what they are not comfortable with instead of trending this path.. I follow the posts on the tour because as a nationalist, I needed to know what our state governors are doing instead of the unwarranted blames the citizens direct to the federal government, I feel states should also be accountable and held liable. The media are a washed with news of federal govt but little is heard of what individual states are doing so platforms like this as offered by this tour is one of the opportunities some Nigerians may have to know. Personally speaking I want to see what PDP and ACN states are doing so we can compare instead of relying on media's propaganda. First, I commend the effort of the Op, one countryman guy, you have afforded me the opportunity to have a knowledge of what govtt is upto in the area of capital projects and this platform has also given me a glimpse of what some states governors e.g plateau and Kwara are doing for their people. Before now, I wrote Plateau off as a performing state.
You just nailed it my brother, no body has a right to starve us of information or deny us our right to know. Not Seun, not Jarus or any othe moderator, we refuse to be told what to take or not take. I couldn't have put it better....Elueme, well done.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Stallion77(f): 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2012

[size=16pt]AYE[/size]
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Dollarman101: 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
no be today I noticed all these ojoro by Nairaland Mods. I'm surprised most of you guys are just waking up to that reality.
Any negative thread on Jonathan automatically assumes front seat at the front page. While any thread indicative of good news about Jonathan is relegated to the back seat.
It didtnt start today therefore I'm not shocked that the mods descended so low to remove a thread on Maku's good governance Tour.

I wonder how much Tinubu pays the Mods for all these. So unfair

1 Like

Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by Stallion77(f): 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
1000likes for your courage mandelaguy. mwah!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by FrankC3: 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
This very 'spambot' that is only good at banning 'Good Governance Tour' threads, me i no understand oh! How come spambot hates good news but loves bad news? Please, spambot is a program. It does what you configure it to do. Unban ALL threads of this tour because i am interested in them.
Re: Why Are They Hiding Threads On The National Good Governance Tour? by TheKingsQueen: 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2012
touch_me_hard: I hereby move a motion that Every thread on the National Good Governance Tour 2012 should remain on the Frontpage, until the tour is over. Those in support of my motion say "AYE"
Aye! Jarus and OAM4J sheti gbo?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

News Massive Agricultural Revolution Going On In Abia State.photos / Fg Sponsors Crude Oil Theft – Tambuwal / Tambuwal’s Kinsmen Call For His Resignation,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.