Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

Are Expatriates Better Than Nigerians - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are Expatriates Better Than Nigerians (1041 Views)

MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. / Expatriates, Some Semi-skilled, Take Over Even Menial Jobs From Nigerians / Jobs For Expatriates&nigerians In Pivot Engineering Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Expatriates Better Than Nigerians by kemifemi: 4:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
My friend works in a telecoms servicing company. His boss, an expatriate and supposed professional messed up a job worth millions of naira.
The company lost the client that awarded d contract and he was sacked immediately.

Now my question is, do we have Nigerians who are better than these people? And why do companies prefer them to us. Most times their salaries are way over ours and companies are responsible for other costs they wouldn't even bear for Nigerians.

What's your take
Re: Are Expatriates Better Than Nigerians by kumbalo(m): 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
Nigerians are trained to work for Expatraits. The university curriculum has been left un reviewd for years and you think you can match up with people who had good training using state-of-the-art equipment. In technology we are way behind.
Re: Are Expatriates Better Than Nigerians by Cyberdiva: 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2012
Not all Nigerians are incompetent, likewise, not all expatriates are competent. However, in the vast majority of cases expats from places such as the UK and the USA are on another level when it comes to professionalism and work ethic. It's even the little things, such as being punctual. I know from experience that the work culture in the UK in professional spheres is of a much better standard in big corporations. Unless you have schooled or worked in the UK as a professional you will not be able to understand my point. So,I wont take up any more of your time. It's probably best to agree to disagree in advance. wink

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Seedvest@ikeja / About Livestock Feeds Plc / MOSPECK RECRUITMENT 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.