Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,152 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use (13605 Views)

Dangote Refinery Test Invitation / Dangote To Help Graduates To Become Truck Owners / Outcome Of Dangote Drivers Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by toluxa1(m): 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2012
Even if Dangote decides to pay 1 million / trip to these drivers, hardened haters will still persist in hating and finding excuses to bring down his actions. Same attitude some people have towards the Government. Never seeing anything good in people. This is a serious problem some people have, which needs lots of prayer and fasting to overcome.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by naturalwaves: 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
dannywest:

Did you read the 3 snippets from twitter attached at all before commenting? Or you are using a phone too and can't zoom? "Qualified graduate"
Loveangel: Are you blind?read the twitter message from the Rotimi guy very well before cursing some one.MUMU head like you#longhiss#

virtuoso01:

Read the Twitter posts under the article and stop arguing.

He said so in very plain language there.

You all failed to read in between the lines and I'm so so dissapointed by your level of analysis. Please get the following points clearly viz;

1# It will be so so unprofessional of Dangote to disclose the intended salaries of the Drivers at such a gathering.

2# There was no place in the link where Dangote said he will pay the drivers 300K per trip. The closest thing he said to that was that, the drivers will get trip allowances aside their salaries. He also said the Trucks will become theirs after covering a haulage of 300k kilometres.

3# I know some persons will quickly refer me to the twitter snippet attatched to the story after the news. The question is, of what relevance is the snippet to the main news after a link was even provided? What is our business with the Rotimi Olawale guy?

4# The Rotimi Olawale guy with the twitter handle was only making a reported speech and it is so obvious to see that his comprehension has a serious problem. I am very sure that, he mistook the 300k kilometer distance haulage with 300k per trip. As you can see, in his second tweet, he said the drivers will own the truck after a while without even stating the minimum requirement to own one which is the 300k kilometres. This clearly shows that he thought Dangote was talking about money when he heard 300,000. He probably would have been expecting to hear a stipulated amount of years rather than kilometres if atall there was a condition. Maybe he didn't do Sciences in school or something lolz.I guess his ears were far away. All the trash he tweeted were not in the words of Dangote e.g he quoted Dangote by saying " If you drive a truck from Lagos to Kano a distance of 1100km, you'll be paid #300,000 for the haulage that's money". Dangote wouldn't have said the words "that's money" NEVER! And he wouldn't have used "if you" as if he was adrressing the drivers like they were present.
The owner of that handle is just too overzealous and calculative and looking for followers as well.

5# If Dangote pays 300k per trip to 1000 truck drivers each, how is he going to meet his $75 billion dollar worth target by 2017. This is common sense, People think! So, a Truck driver will make 300k * 4 = #1.2 million per month?undecided undecided IMPOSSICANT!!!!!!!!!! The pay might be good and encouraging but definately not as high as 300k per trip. Moreover, at an average salary of #1.2 million a month, being a Truck driver with Dangote will be one of the highest paying jobs in Nigeria. Hmmmmm. How many graduates in the Oil and gas firm and other sectors earn as much as that in a month? How many top ranking Professionals that have been working for years earn that in Nigeria in a month? Maybe Dangote wants to pay such a huge salary for Truck driving cos of the risks involved. If this is the case, then the question is, when did the life and safety of employees become so important to Nigerian Entrepreneurs? undecided undecided undecided . Anyone that believes this misinformed salary nonsense could believe anything.

6# The aim of every business man is to maximize profit and Dangote being the type of man that he is, highly prudent and financially resourceful will never never never hire graduates and pay highly ridiculous salaries for the sake of driving the trucks carefully when he can employ non graduates and pay way less than that amount.Even if the pay is 50K per trip, he will get more than enough non graduates that will even drive the Trucks with care. So, what's the point?

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by mkoabiola: 12:29am On Nov 03, 2012
Dangote is a bzness man,he knws wat is doing.
All is jus strategy.bt d time u drive all around nja to cover d all d km.na body go tell u.
Driving truck no b beans ooo.
Anyway best of luck to all executive drivers.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by Devonian(m): 5:10am On Nov 03, 2012
I seriously doubt if any PhD holders would apply to drive trucks. Even if her/his PhD is in Igbo Linguistic, s/he should be able to secure job(s) in one of the Nigerian Colleges of Education if s/he can't get a job in a Uni. It's also often the case that whenever PhD holders apply for jobs which potentially demean their doctorates, they remove all references to the PhD in their CVs. In other words, they don't disclose their PhD credentials which is what I expect these PhD holders to do.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by chinero121: 5:49am On Nov 03, 2012
My broda its a deal tied with slavery bonds..sheer reap off..300,000 kilometers is like going to and fro Lagos Abuja..300 times..LAGOS to abj..is about 1000 kilometers..KANO is more dan 1000 kilometers ..To go to kano u need atleast 1700 litres of AGO..times 160 dat gives you 272000 naira..drivers despatch let's say 15000 motor boy inclusive..ur total arrives at 287000...ur gain is just 13000...FOR a two day journey..wit so much stress..
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by atrix4g(m): 9:11am On Nov 03, 2012
Chai see ow d leaders of 2mao of dis country dey reason nd dey fite in top .... na wetin no dey make dis country wotwile b dat pple lik dis now will finish d slavery nd strt to narate stupid xperience well no b our faults ooo
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by JaaizTech: 10:16am On Nov 03, 2012
atrix4g: Chai see ow d leaders of 2mao of dis country dey reason nd dey fite in top .... na wetin no dey make dis country wotwile b dat pple lik dis now will finish d slavery nd strt to narate stupid xperience well no b our faults ooo

I see no slavery here, Dangote advertised a vacancy and those willing applied. Yes, I agree Truck driving is perhaps not a graduate's job, but the reality on the ground is that there are millions of jobless graduates looking for a means of survival; Dangote also has a need, He is perhaps tired of hiring irresponsible, unproductive, uneducated old men as drivers, hence He sort to take advantage of the "Graduate-Jobless Market". I do not expect him to pay drivers far more than the industry standard, hence the story of 300k earnings is far fetched. Anyways, those new graduate-drivers can now at least earn some bucks; they can always leave when they find a better job.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by lincDzinc(m): 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
Can I still apply
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by MaxMoney(m): 2:48pm On Nov 03, 2012
lincDzinc: Can I still apply

Yea, u can still apply... U dey this country at all?
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by UdekeJ(m): 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2012
1000 trucks will be released on our bad roads? I love the scheme,but wheneva u see any of those trucks pls run!
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by confieey(m): 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2012
It then means that the job don take style pass most suit and tie work especially entry level position for bank. Dangote will want to make that job very juicy for guys o!
Okija_juju:

In trucking, you are paid per trip..

I once told somebody that long haul truck drivers make a shitload of money..

1100km driving at 80km/hh thats a 13 hour drive.. plus 2 - 3 hrs for traffic and potholes.. 300,000 in 20hrs isnt bad.. 4 trips per week and thats a million Naira easy!!
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by Tunlaztown: 10:34pm On Nov 03, 2012
May God help us with d rate of unemployment in dis country
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by chinero121: 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
My brodas even truck drivers would tel you GOD would not allow dia children drive trucks....dats why dey send dem to skools..its degrading my broda..I rspect his opinion but with his billions he can create dignifying jobs..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Submit Application Letter In Hand Written Form Or Typed? / Graduate Trainees Recruitment At Grant Thornton Nigeria / When Will Immigration Conduct Their Recruitment Exams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.