Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had (14395 Views)

Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? / President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Is The Most Democratic President Ever In Nige / First Real Civilian Democratic President Of Nigeria (new School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
This is am interactive thread,all ur opinion are all welcome. In my opinion i think obasanjo regime was far better than any other we av bin seeing, his time he understand his people so well.

6 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Bisichi(m): 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
YOU ASKED QUESTION & D SAMETIME ANSWERED. I personaly wl wait til you become a president, then i wl let you know the best.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Bisichi(m): 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
YOU ASKED QUESTION & D SAMETIME ANSWERED. I personaly wl wait til you become a president, then i wl let you know the best.
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by KENESAGA(m): 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
IF U TAKE OBJ'S GOVT AS D BEST DEMCRTIC RULE, IT MEANS U DON'T GET D DEFINITION OF DEMOCRACY. I'LL SAY IT'S GEJ GOVT COS HE LISTENS, D MOST TRANSPARENT SO FAR.

29 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Abagworo(m): 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
I never voted Jonathan because I believed Buhari would have ended corruption and handed over to a Jonathan-like leader that will start a new Nigeria. Jonathan is the best for now.

15 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
The best is yet to come.

4 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 02, 2012
Bisichi: YOU ASKED QUESTION & D SAMETIME ANSWERED. I personaly wl wait til you become a president, then i wl let you know the best.
am just askin 4 opinions,and i also av mine.

1 Like

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Ikengawo: 12:36am On Nov 02, 2012
so far GEJ. I also think he has faced the most challenges since Gowon so he gets extra credit (Boko Haram, floods, subsidy, PHNC privatization)
He's also been the least powerful of our presidents. Ministries and departments like the CBN are more independent, the Senate is more independent as it as ever been, he's not a big wig in his party and opposition is the strongest it's ever been, so dealing with the problems are harder for him.

26 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 02, 2012
GEJ doesnt knw wat we want,he is planning 4 years 2 come,which may not even in our generation,but most of wat he is giving us av bin there in OBJ regime.
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Ikengawo: 1:57am On Nov 02, 2012
If our previous leaders would have planned for the future we wouldn't be so messed up today?
I don't know why you would discourage having foresight.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 2:05am On Nov 02, 2012
Am not opposing foresight,am only trying to say that he sud also think about d present.
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Ikengawo: 2:11am On Nov 02, 2012
I think he has done a lot for the present
privatizing PHCN and increasing the power supply to record highs, foriegn reserves to record highs, bringing back functioning trains, the onitcha river port, and finance reforms are a few.

I think he's a good president, he's just not very inspirational and that's what nigerians need right now to move forward with their hearts and minds.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Callotti: 2:48am On Nov 02, 2012
When we have a 'democracy'. . . then we can discuss 'democratic presidents' abi? wink

13 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 02, 2012
Democracy?

For those who know what it means: this is the first time we are having the signs of democracy.
Were Nigeria to be a nation and not this fraud it is; Jonathan would have shined more as a true democratic leader.

I have severally repeated that Nigeria can not function to greatness, unless we restructure.
Let the six zones manage their resources and develop at their own pace. and it that is not possble, then let us go our separate ways. Enough of this rigmarole.

1 Like

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2012
1. He is the only president who reduced the price of fuel- others do otherwise (They promise to initiate palliative measures after effecting the price hike but do nothing).

2. He knew when dialogue could resolve an issue. MEND should understand my stance.

3. He knew whom you shouldn't treat with kid's gloves in order to fulfil the presidential vow of securing the lives and property of the citizenry. Ask Boko Haram.

4. He is so transparent that he declared his assets on assuming office (He could have also said ''I don't give a damn,'' but he didn't)

I'm sure he would have beaten anyone else hands down if he had stayed long enough.

YAR ADUA is the man.

57 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 02, 2012
There is no democracy in Nigeria,therefore no democratic president has ever been in office... What we have is demoCRAZY,and the best democrazic president shud be GEJ

1 Like

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Abujafood: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2012
For Now it's Jonathan! All others have commas!

1 Like

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by RedLight1: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2012
I give it to yaradua for now..
Atleast 4 his ability to end violence b4 it gets out of hand.. And becoz he never increase masses suffering all in the name of fuel subsidy...
Though his time is short buh his legacy 4eva remain

15 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2012
Damex333: This is am interactive thread,all ur opinion are all welcome. In my opinion i think obasanjo regime was far better than any other we av bin seeing, his time he understand his people so well.

Yes! true talk! OBJ for life!! if nothing; atleast we have learned how to sleep with our daugther in-laws......Eg GBenga Obasanjos wife grin grin grin grin
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by GBYB: 9:23am On Nov 02, 2012
noblezone: Democracy?

For those who know what it means: this is the first time we are having the signs of democracy.
Were Nigeria to be a nation and not this fraud it is; Jonathan would have shined more as a true democratic leader.

I have severally repeated that Nigeria can not function to greatness, unless we restructure.
Let the six zones manage their resources and develop at their own pace. and it that is not possble, then let us go our separate ways. Enough of this rigmarole.
seperate ways? U must be a BH member.
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Elueme: 9:25am On Nov 02, 2012
So far, it's Jonathan.. The must insulted, rediculed and still listens and bends towards the people. He has remained the most dynamic

1 Like

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by nagoma(m): 9:29am On Nov 02, 2012
Elueme: So far, it's Jonathan.. The must insulted, rediculed and still listens and bends towards the people. He has remained the most dynamic

Listens and does nothing else. He is the President of listeners club.

14 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Valiantvaliant(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2012
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN

3 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by subzero2(m): 9:31am On Nov 02, 2012
Damex333: GEJ doesnt knw wat we want,he is planning 4 years 2 come,which may not even in our generation,but most of wat he is giving us av bin there in OBJ regime.
My friend, Sharap! U asked 4 ppls opinion. So y countering theirs? angry
Damex333: GEJ doesnt knw wat we want,he is planning 4 years 2 come,which may not even in our generation,but most of wat he is giving us av bin there in OBJ regime.
My friend, Sharap! U asked 4 ppls opinion. So y countering theirs?
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 02, 2012
The man after GEJ is best ever we had. I have my reasons. Just ask!
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by adonisyung(m): 9:33am On Nov 02, 2012
I give it to Gej.....I tink in time Ǝ wil ß d messiah!the only tin hindering him is boko harram and buhari
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by GBYB: 9:33am On Nov 02, 2012
Elueme: So far, it's Jonathan.. The must insulted, rediculed and still listens and bends towards the people. He has remained the most dynamic
honestly I have nothing against GEJ but plz stop saying he listens. Did he listen to our subsidy plea. What does he even listen to? may be I don't just get what u re saying.

9 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by drnoel: 9:35am On Nov 02, 2012
Are u sure Nigeria ever had a Democratic president cos they all act like republicans...
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by chucky234(m): 9:35am On Nov 02, 2012
Do we truly practice democracy?
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 02, 2012
chucky234: Do we truly have democracy?

Yes wooo! we have true Democracy! we all agreed to vote when money ciculate around us cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by cosmatika(m): 9:38am On Nov 02, 2012
I will only give it to GEJ if he'll construct Enugu-Aba-PH express way. For now I kip it to myself
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by lacosanostra: 9:39am On Nov 02, 2012
i knw this seems to be off-topic do nigerians want to remain as one, imagine calloti dat wants nig to remain as one agress we dont have any form of democry,apart from millitary rule, what hv we been practicing,as for me this administration more or less introduced democracy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbo Should Talk About Presidency After Buhari – Okorocha / Impeachment: Ambode, Lagos Lawmakers Disagree On 2019 Budget / Kwara Muslim Youths Protest Against The Renewal Of License Cigarettes Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.