Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,872 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had (14391 Views)

Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? / President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Is The Most Democratic President Ever In Nige / First Real Civilian Democratic President Of Nigeria (new School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by DukeNija(m): 9:41am On Nov 02, 2012
All South-Western states are in the hands of the Opposition Parties.
The Rule of Law is to a Large extent Obeyed.
Inasmuchas I do not support this Govt, I think its been Very democratic in its Dealings.
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by fijiano202(m): 9:41am On Nov 02, 2012
GBYB: honestly I have nothing against GEJ but plz stop saying he listens. Did he listen to our subsidy plea. What does he even listen to? may be I don't just get what u re saying.

best president is late musa yar adua,if Gej could archive half of what he did,nigeria would be alot beta

3 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 02, 2012
sub_zero: My friend, Sharap! U asked 4 ppls opinion. So y countering theirs? angryMy friend, Sharap! U asked 4 ppls opinion. So y countering theirs?
am not countering their opinion am only trying 2 say y i didnt choose wat they choose,am here so that someone can prove me wrong and change my views,and some ppl are doing that.u can give ur ur own opinion also wink

1 Like

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 02, 2012
GEJ
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by hakanai(m): 9:46am On Nov 02, 2012
Ikengawo: so far GEJ. I also think he has faced the most challenges since Gowon so he gets extra credit (Boko Haram, floods, subsidy, PHNC privatization)
He's also been the least powerful of our presidents. Ministries and departments like the CBN are more independent, the Senate is more independent as it as ever been, he's not a big wig in his party and opposition is the strongest it's ever been, so dealing with the problems are harder for him.

^^^^ Don't also forget that during campaigns we were all told having a name Goodluck is divine and would bring us fortunes!!!! how come the most disasters happen during his time,excluding BH and others that are man made.This is to show you its more than a name and more to do with God and nature! You can be called anti-flood and still have floods.So the silly ads,people kept doing and making him seem divine and God favored maybe totally wrong.What people should do is pray that God guides and sets him on the right path.So the best in him we enjoy.Not lie about Gods favour on him!! courtesy of thieves and corrupt persons on his train.Who are they to even speak for God?So much for GOODLUCK!!!!

My vote puts GEJ for now.Yar'adua would have being my choice but he didn't stay long
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 02, 2012
People still fail this simple question ? Its FRESH AIR ofcourse.
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Ficeo(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2012
I really prefare GEJ as d best so far. D challenges re too enormous...
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Bozz: 9:48am On Nov 02, 2012
Elueme: So far, it's Jonathan.. The must insulted, rediculed and still listens and bends towards the people. He has remained the most dynamic
True talk!
He looks more a pragmatist too. Kudos to him.
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Ficeo(m): 9:49am On Nov 02, 2012
I really prefare Mr. Due process. D man who believes in d rule of law. U know him? Musa Yar'adua. May His soul rest in peace, Amen.

4 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by PeeDaVinci: 9:49am On Nov 02, 2012
Ikengawo: so far GEJ. I also think he has faced the most challenges since Gowon so he gets extra credit (Boko Haram, floods, subsidy, PHNC privatization)
He's also been the least powerful of our presidents. Ministries and departments like the CBN are more independent, the Senate is more independent as it as ever been, he's not a big wig in his party and opposition is the strongest it's ever been, so dealing with the problems are harder for him.

your statement/criteria for giving it to gej is obviously wrong. talking about challenges, gej has not seen half of what obj saw. how many times did obj have to deal with fuel subsidy removal, who started phcn privatization, maybe you are forgetting about the sharia crises, and the niger delta militants obj had to deal with, try to remember how many times have the senate began proceedings to impeach obj (as opposed to the mere threat they are giving gej), ooops, you are also forgetting the opposition he had to deal with in the armed forces too, not forgetting the many natural and man made disasters he also dealt with. but despite these challenges, obj still made remarkable progress in many areas. i must say here that obj's govt was not fully democratic though, more of a para-military democratic govt.
bottomline, every president that will govern a country like nigeria will face all these challenges you listed, and they re not exclusive to gej, however, obj handled all those challenges better, and was able to make some remarkable progress despite these. so, i will give it to obj

4 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by juman(m): 9:52am On Nov 02, 2012
President Jonathan.

Despite the fact that his government is performing poorly.
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 02, 2012
I wonder y ppl are saying boko haram is disturbing him, in my views he is disturbing himself.

5 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by thelastPope(m): 9:54am On Nov 02, 2012
fijiano202:
best president is late musa yar adua,if Gej could archive half of what he did,nigeria would be alot beta

Can you list what he did because I can't see much of what he did. We all concluded he did next to nothing but gave him some slack because of his health issues. Yaradua's 3 years where 3 years of stand still in Nigeria. Nothing happened.
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by 5much(m): 9:54am On Nov 02, 2012
d best we ar yet to see.
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by ABUGEORGE(m): 9:57am On Nov 02, 2012
The best democratic president nigeria has ever had is yar adua despite d man left early. Yar adua is d hearer and d doar. Jonathan piss me off,

1 Like

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by juman(m): 9:59am On Nov 02, 2012
Free and fair election we have this time of President Jonathan is unquantifiable.
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2012
1supremo: 1. He is the only president who reduced the price of fuel- others do otherwise (They promise to initiate palliative measures after effecting the price hike but do nothing).

2. He knew when dialogue could resolve an issue. MEND should understand my stance.

3. He knew whom you shouldn't treat with kid's gloves in order to fulfil the presidential vow of securing the lives and property of the citizenry. Ask Boko Haram.

I'm sure he would have beaten anyone else hands down if he had stayed long enough.

YAR ADUA is the man.

You are the bestest of the bests...

3 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Clairette(f): 10:02am On Nov 02, 2012
"The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born"
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by mumumugu(m): 10:02am On Nov 02, 2012
He remove fuel subsidy.we protestd. He put it bak

he permitd #5,000 note, we objectd. He halted

he ask his political oponent RIBADU to head an investigation

he is d most insultd on facbuk and twiter

GUDLUCK = DEMOCRACY
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 02, 2012
Callotti: When we have a 'democracy'. . . then we can discuss 'democratic presidents' abi? wink
yes
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Orikinla(m): 10:10am On Nov 02, 2012
[size=28pt]ALHAJI SHEHU SHAGARI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shehu_Shagari. WE LOVED HIM AND WAS DOING FINE UNTIL THE DEMONS IN UNIFORM TOPPLED HIM DUE TO THEIR POLITICAL IMMATURITY.[/size]
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by onyewec3: 10:10am On Nov 02, 2012
GBYB: honestly I have nothing against GEJ but plz stop saying he listens. Did he listen to our subsidy plea. What does he even listen to? may be I don't just get what u re saying.

Mr man wetin u dey talk sef....which subsidy plea again?are u blind to see that subsidy shuld go.are u not aware of how much have been stolen already via subsidy yet u want GEJ to listen to ur plea so ur thieving cohort can steal govt fund ba?
Yar adua created PPPRA to checkmate oil pricing and yet same subsidiary allow trillions to be stolen! Yar adua parley(james ibori) is languishing in UK prison for money laundering.GEJ is the most democratic president Nigeria eva had....if Yar adua was democratic y didn't he resign wen he knws d election that brought him to power was fraud?
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Orikinla(m): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2012
juman: President Jonathan.

Despite the fact that his government is performing poorly.
[size=28pt]
PRESIDENT OF THE MOST CORRUPT CIVILIAN ADMINISTRATION SINCE 1960 TO DATE.
HIS ADMINISTRATION HAS GIVEN CORRUPTION A PERMANENT ACCOMMODATION IN GOVERNMENT.

There have been more fuel subsidy scams under his watch.
There have been an increase in crude oil thefts under his watch.
There have been more misappropriations of pensions under his watch.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by thelastPope(m): 10:14am On Nov 02, 2012
Hayjaycity:

You are the bestest of the bests...

Yaradua did not stop or solve BH. Yaradua escalated BH when he carried out extra judicial killing of their leader. That is what we are suffering today. His mistake. He wanted to do the same for ND militants with JTF but it didn't work and the oil production depreciated till Nigeria was producing 700. 000 barrels, down from 2million. For over one year, he refused to heed the report of the joint task force to give the militants amnesty. It wasn't until the oil production was almost coming to a halt that he asked for the report and implemented it. It still took GEJ going to the creek with Aleimaseigha against security advise to discuss wirh the militanrs to accept amnesty. The said amnesty monies were not released until GEJ became president. We give him the credit because it was initiated during his tenure, not because it was his idea or because he was fully in support. Yaradua did not support the amnesty idea until Nigerian oil production almost came to a halt. That's the fact!
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by thelastPope(m): 10:21am On Nov 02, 2012
Orikinla:
[size=14pt]
HIS ADMINISTRATION HAS GIVEN CORRUPTION A PERMANENT ACCOMMODATION IN GOVERNMENT.

There hasn't been more theft or scams. There has been exposure. It is a credit to him, not a failure. There were more scams during OBJ, IBB and even Abacha regimes but you never found out because they were covered up big time. The $16billion OBJ issue alone dwarfs everything that has happened under GEJ but interestingly, it was not discovered during OBJ's time. That's the difference

3 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by orelove4liff: 10:23am On Nov 02, 2012
Jonathan is d best.despite all odds,he's stil transformin.i wanted to choose obasanjo but i remembered dat we didnt practice democrazy durin his regime but milicrazy

1 Like

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by orelove4liff: 10:29am On Nov 02, 2012
Orikinla:
[size=28pt]

jonathan exposed corruption dat d previous admistratns cova.use ur brain.dont abuse jonathan because he let u pple knw wot corruptn is.
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 02, 2012
thelastPope:

Yaradua did not stop or solve BH. Yaradua escalated BH when he carried out extra judicial killing of their leader.

We all know that terrorists don't need reasons to install anarchy in their environments. Who doesn't know that the extra-judicial killing of Yusuf was not sanctioned by the presidency? His death was simply a result of the numerous carnages he had perpetrated. He was probably killed by people he had hurt earlier. The idea that the escalation of BH activities is the result of Yusuf's death is not admissible if you consider that TERRORISTS DON'T NEED A REASON TO KILL- they just do it. Could u please tell me why they were attacking and killing people while Yusuf was alive?

2 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Leobreezy(m): 10:35am On Nov 02, 2012
To be honest, and without any prejudiced sentiments, Yar Adua was the best. Too bad good people never last.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 02, 2012
None for now... angry
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by nagoma(m): 10:40am On Nov 02, 2012
Damex333: This is am interactive thread,all ur opinion are all welcome. In my opinion i think obasanjo regime was far better than any other we av bin seeing, his time he understand his people so well.

Obasanjo had the best ever chance of developing and moving nigeria forward and avoiding all the mistakes of the past. He was evil and messed everything up he forced a dying man on us . No body will ever have such a chance and cooperation and national and international support as OBJ had . He had the qualification, the training and the experiece .He also had sufficient resources. He was a failure , he failed nigeria and now he is clowning about it all. Shame on him!!
Re: The Best Democratic President Nigeria Has Ever Had by ABsI1: 10:42am On Nov 02, 2012
1supremo: 1. He is the only president who reduced the price of fuel- others do otherwise (They promise to initiate palliative measures after effecting the price hike but do nothing).

2. He knew when dialogue could resolve an issue. MEND should understand my stance.

3. He knew whom you shouldn't treat with kid's gloves in order to fulfil the presidential vow of securing the lives and property of the citizenry. Ask Boko Haram.

4. He is so transparent that he declared his assets on assuming office (He could have also said ''I don't give a damn,'' but he didn't)

I'm sure he would have beaten anyone else hands down if he had stayed long enough.

YAR ADUA is the man.
Godbless you. May God Almighty's mercies continue to abide upon your soul Alh Umaru Yar'adua-Amin. Continue to rest in peace. Obasanjo may God punish you for all our sufferings-the most useless president ever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode Receives Certificate Of Return / Governor Wants Different Minimum Wages For States / Kwara Muslim Youths Protest Against The Renewal Of License Cigarettes Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.