Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,132 members, 7,821,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters (13602 Views)

Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / St Paul's College President Denies Speaking To SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by dioman: 8:42am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

My friend, Akwa Ibom State is rich enough to buy a private jet for her Governor, Stop this ranting.

r u 4m akwa ibom? akwa ibomite r suffering in d mist of plenty...
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Itoroetti(m): 8:43am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

My friend, Akwa Ibom State is rich enough to buy a private jet for her Governor, Stop this ranting.

stop bin ignorant my dear.do u knw d poverty rate in dat state?he is showng u development in uyo.mind u,uyo is just a local govt out of 31 local govt.why nt visit Local govt like etim ekpo,esit eket,onna,ukanafun,abak,nsit atai,etc.go there and u wil knw if truly akwa ibom is develop.tanx

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by jaybee(f): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

PLEASE MENTION ONE STATE IN NIGERIA THAT IS NOT RICH ENOUGH TO BUY A PRIVATE JET FOR HER GOVERNOR.

IT IS JUST A MATTER OF PRIORITY. EITHER WELL PLACED OR MISPLACED.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by SOHKAHTOA: 8:55am On Nov 02, 2012
naijaspeak: [b]Do not be surprised to see Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta state placing orders for his own private jet if he had not already done so. James Ibori his brother and former governor also had his until it was seized

For Governor Akpabio, he is fond of sacking his deputy all the time. Deputy Governor find it very difficult working with him as a boss. He just set the ball rolling to impeach his deputy governor who had to take the most respectful way to find a balance by claiming resignation.

Can you see how our south south governor are digging their dirty hands into our financial purse to take our money.

As you all can see our economic woes are not completely caused by the northern leadership who has ruled Nigeria for over 40 years of our Independence as a sovereign state but by our own Southern leaders who believe in stealing huge amount of our petro-dollars.

This is something an American president or a British prime minister will never try.

Why can't our dying aviation sector be restored back to it former glory.

why can't our dying educational sector be restored back.

What about our health care institution.

All our leaders are now fond of trying the alternative route which is abroad to get what they need such as London ( UK ) Germany, France, USA etc
[/b]
You can summarize your long epistle in three sentences.. Sacking his deputy shouldn't be your headache bro. He didn't convert the jet to his personnnal property and the man is still a performer. I have no problem with flamboyance if you are delivering.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by phemieojelabi: 8:55am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

[size=13pt]@ tyms i wonda ao much u re paid 2 drop comment on NL bt if u re d true SON of dis SOIL u will find it hard commendin them ur "WOEFUL LEADERS" with all dia wasteful spending on SKY-BIRDS leaving behind BASIC INFRASTRUCTURES & AMENITIES that fellow Nigerians re lacking.1tin is sure Office will definitely resign them,as they find it hard workin with 1deputy @ stretch of tenure [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by 5much(m): 9:00am On Nov 02, 2012
NA COMPETITION NOW TO BUY PRIVATE JET?
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Paentera(m): 9:02am On Nov 02, 2012
If the queen with all the money in her name flies commercial - I believe the action of these governors is just pure evil! If Fashola dare get a jet, I swear, we will bounce him from Lagos state.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Vogue50: 9:03am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

Governor Akpabio Takes Possession of $45 Million "Private" Jet

The government of Akwa Ibom State has confirmed that Godswill Akpabio like his Rivers State counterpart, Governor Rotimi Amaechi, also owns a brand new jet.

Akpabio took possession of the $45 million jet in July 2012.

Responding to SaharaReporters inquiries, Akwa Ibom Commissioner for Information, Aniekan Ummanah, confirmed that Mr. Akpabio bought the Gulfstream jet manufactured in 2011, but insisted that that it is Akwa Ibom State property.

As already published by SaharaReporters, Governor Amaechi’s gleaming new toy is a Bombardier Global 5000 (N565RS), which he acquired for his exclusive use.

Governor Akpabio’s state of the art jet, which carries FAA registration number N224BH, was interestingly purchased by the same Bank of Utah Trust account used by the Rivers state government. The deal was handled by a trust attorney at the bank and delivered to Mr. Akpabio.

Records show that Governor Akpabio, whose deputy resigned yesterday, has travelled abroad in the jet regularly, especially to and within the United States, since the acquisition.

SOURCE: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/governor-akpabio-takes-possession-45-million-private-jet
I don't see any problem with that considering his achievements so far in his state.
He made the purchase on behalf of the state and not for personal use. It could have been so selfish if it was purchased in his name.
Nevertheless , I still doubt Sahara reporters , they disseminate false informations ; misleading majority to believe in a lie !
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire your point of views will make half of NL in loggerheads with you esp. when it has money involved.

Born billionaires like us definitely see differently from the lot. The jet carries a Akwa Ibom state name on it!
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Emmy9ite(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2012
Mehn I love that Jet! I am going to have mine!
Governor Akpabio is a hardworking governor, just few weeks GEJ laid the foundation for an olympic stadium in the state. The jet is for the state, that means after his tenure, others can still make use of it. By the way it will reduce the cost of travelling and financing over 50 aides that go with em. Good move!
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by onatisi(m): 9:41am On Nov 02, 2012
Emmy9ite: Mehn I love that Jet! I am going to have mine!
Governor Akpabio is a hardworking governor, just few weeks GEJ laid the foundation for an olympic stadium in the state. The jet is for the state, that means after his tenure, others can still make use of it. By the way it will reduce the cost of travelling and financing over 50 aides that go with em. Good move!

hahhaha ,nigerians are always buying into the same old tricks of politicians ,i just dey laugh ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by PrinzcJ(m): 10:36am On Nov 02, 2012
This is crazy, we suffering and our leaders are fombling with money. Dam them
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Emmy9ite(m): 10:45am On Nov 02, 2012
onatisi:

hahhaha ,nigerians are always buying into the same old tricks of politicians ,i just dey laugh ooooooooooooooooo
Take a chill pill man. The guy is one of the best governors in Nigeria, he deserves a private jet for all his work!
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by otokx(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2012
onatisi:

Nigerians are very gullible, what a shame? This democracy is becoming another thing, so ashamed of my south south governors.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by ayinisong: 10:49am On Nov 02, 2012
Hahaha... na now una know. Really funny. A state with the highest allocation in the country no standard hospital, school and no industry and some people here are saying he deserves it afterall him don work? Nigerians just deserve the leaders they get period. The state university is like a primary school, hv u seen the school called Akwa Ibom State University. Is that the type of institution the state with the highest allocation can build?

I know some of u here live in Aba tongue that's why if una come Akwa Ibom e be like say una don go yankee. How many jobs has Akpabio created through in his government or in partnership with the private sector. Go to Itu, Paper Mill is not working, Peacock Paints in Etinan too, Sunshine batteries, International biscuits, Ceramic coy, etc are all lying unfunctional and the machines are decaying on daily basis. Do you know how many jobs that would have created? And one is here saying he deserves it. $45million will fix wat I just mentioned. I weep for blind pple the politicians will take 100 million and give you 50,000 and you scream how much he has done. cry

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by onatisi(m): 10:59am On Nov 02, 2012
Emmy9ite: Take a chill pill man. The guy is one of the best governors in Nigeria, he deserves a private jet for all his work!
another good joke ,hahaahaha

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by otokx(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2012
The mental condition of the average Nigerian is very bad.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by tonym1(m): 12:59pm On Nov 02, 2012
PLEASE STOP REPORTING ABOUT GOVERNORS BUYING PRIVATE JETS, ITS NOTHING NEW AND NOBODY IS DOING ANYTHING ABOUT.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by tinkinjo: 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
...so where is this jet? In New York?
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by tommywise: 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2012
why are u guys disturbing urselves. tell ur governor to buy one. Akwa ibom is rich.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by antontech(m): 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2012
Akpabio is working,he deserves a private jet.Am a witness to that
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by pssword: 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
Where are those people who were defending Akpabio's propriety with all their heart and soul. I cannot wait for the latest indefensible support for his wanton excess. More will come out by in time..
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 02, 2012
ayinisong: Hahaha... na now una know. Really funny. A state with the highest allocation in the country no standard hospital, school and no industry and some people here are saying he deserves it afterall him don work? Nigerians just deserve the leaders they get period. The state university is like a primary school, hv u seen the school called Akwa Ibom State University. Is that the type of institution the state with the highest allocation can build?

I know some of u here live in Aba tongue that's why if una come Akwa Ibom e be like say una don go yankee. How many jobs has Akpabio created through in his government or in partnership with the private sector. Go to Itu, Paper Mill is not working, Peacock Paints in Etinan too, Sunshine batteries, International biscuits, Ceramic coy, etc are all lying unfunctional and the machines are decaying on daily basis. Do you know how many jobs that would have created? And one is here saying he deserves it. $45million will fix wat I just mentioned. I weep for blind pple the politicians will take 100 million and give you 50,000 and you scream how much he has done. cry

I doubt u know what ure talking about. Pls go to bed! 0_o
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 02, 2012
Akwa ibom state can afford this, was bought with good reason. Yall should stfu and stop blabbing about something u don't understand 0_o ishies!
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by badesco(m): 6:00pm On Nov 02, 2012
It is no more news and a normal thing in Naija.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2012
blink182: I totally support the man getting himself a private jet. He's a hard worker and I believe in the principle of workshop, yes where you de work na there you de chop.

IDIOT!!!!
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
franchizy: All this long comments here are thrash. The Governor have performed well and the state is rich enough to buy a jet for her Governor. I urge the Governor to remain focused and never listen to critisms. Haters of d jet, pls go and hug transformers

And you forgot to tell us you are a houseboy somewhere in Lagos....IDIOT!

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by coolted(m): 9:23pm On Nov 02, 2012
let us all forget roads n cars and start buying jets to fly. I ve ordered for mine 3min ago
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by james1(m): 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
Is the jet his property and is he leaving office with it?if no,pls stop worrying yourselves sick.
The governors deserve a jet inasmuch as they are working as is expected of them.
My wonder is that a bombardier challenger(some of the most luxurious flying machines around)cost 40m usd,where do these governors buy theirs for 45m usd?
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by james1(m): 10:17pm On Nov 02, 2012
Let other governors not dare try their fancy hands at flying,let them not forget suntai's case.lol.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by james1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2012
...And the jet don't even look any thing close to the beauty of a challenger.na wa'o.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by james1(m): 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
When pastors are having jets,one even has three.
You guys critising him expect what?he should go queue at the ARIK air's counter?
The government can rent or buy,buying is obviously better cos the jet is always available.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Budget Padding: Dogara Talks Tough, Says EFCC, Others Can’t Probe Him / APC State Chairmen Extend Oyegun’s Tenure By 2 Years / Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.