Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters (13593 Views)

Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / St Paul's College President Denies Speaking To SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2012

Governor Akpabio Takes Possession of $45 Million "Private" Jet

The government of Akwa Ibom State has confirmed that Godswill Akpabio like his Rivers State counterpart, Governor Rotimi Amaechi, also owns a brand new jet.

Akpabio took possession of the $45 million jet in July 2012.

Responding to SaharaReporters inquiries, Akwa Ibom Commissioner for Information, Aniekan Ummanah, confirmed that Mr. Akpabio bought the Gulfstream jet manufactured in 2011, but insisted that that it is Akwa Ibom State property.

As already published by SaharaReporters, Governor Amaechi’s gleaming new toy is a Bombardier Global 5000 (N565RS), which he acquired for his exclusive use.

Governor Akpabio’s state of the art jet, which carries FAA registration number N224BH, was interestingly purchased by the same Bank of Utah Trust account used by the Rivers state government. The deal was handled by a trust attorney at the bank and delivered to Mr. Akpabio.

Records show that Governor Akpabio, whose deputy resigned yesterday, has travelled abroad in the jet regularly, especially to and within the United States, since the acquisition.

SOURCE: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/governor-akpabio-takes-possession-45-million-private-jet
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
Crazy azz leaders buying private jets while Nigerians are suffering and smiling *Smh*

Na wa oh! I tire oh!

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Abagworo(m): 9:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
Two richest States in Nigeria.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by redsun(m): 9:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
grin angry

Jet throttling monkeys.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
The more they buy private jets with taxpayers money,the more they crash in it one by one! Nonsense!

12 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by gbogboti: 12:36am On Nov 02, 2012
berem: The more they buy private jets with taxpayers money,the more they crash in it one by one! Nonsense!
Iseeeeeeehhhhhhh.....
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by gbogboti: 12:38am On Nov 02, 2012
Honestly, we too nice for this country. Revolution looming. Enough of all these nonsense...

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 02, 2012
I need to get one like this.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 02, 2012
I cant wait to lay my hands on one of these Sky Toys!
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by sugar001(f): 12:48am On Nov 02, 2012
Buying jets is obviously reigning. God please bless me too.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by yohannazack(m): 12:55am On Nov 02, 2012
They hav abandones our rodas and they av decided to be travlin by air. No problem, let all govonos, ministers, commisioners, heads of agencies etc shuld take to buyin planes so dat cars wuld be cheap fo us.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by naijaspeak(m): 12:55am On Nov 02, 2012
[b]Do not be surprised to see Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta state placing orders for his own private jet if he had not already done so. James Ibori his brother and former governor also had his until it was seized

For Governor Akpabio, he is fond of sacking his deputy all the time. Deputy Governor find it very difficult working with him as a boss. He just set the ball rolling to impeach his deputy governor who had to take the most respectful way to find a balance by claiming resignation.

Can you see how our south south governor are digging their dirty hands into our financial purse to take our money.

As you all can see our economic woes are not completely caused by the northern leadership who has ruled Nigeria for over 40 years of our Independence as a sovereign state but by our own Southern leaders who believe in stealing huge amount of our petro-dollars.

This is something an American president or a British prime minister will never try.

Why can't our dying aviation sector be restored back to it former glory.

why can't our dying educational sector be restored back.

What about our health care institution.

All our leaders are now fond of trying the alternative route which is abroad to get what they need such as London ( UK ) Germany, France, USA etc
[/b]

10 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 02, 2012
I need one of those toys...

Naija oil money... cool
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 02, 2012
naijaspeak: [b]Do not be surprised to see Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta state placing orders for his own private jet if he had not already done so. James Ibori his brother and former governor also had his until it was seized

For Governor Akpabio, he is fond of sacking his deputy all the time. Deputy Governor find it very difficult working with him as a boss. He just set the ball rolling to impeach his deputy governor who had to take the most respectful way to find a balance by claiming resignation.

Can you see how our south south governor are digging their dirty hands into our financial purse to take our money.

As you all can see our economic woes are not completely caused by the northern leadership who has ruled Nigeria for over 40 years of our Independence as a sovereign state but by our own Southern leaders who believe in stealing huge amount of our petro-dollars.

This is something an American president or a British prime minister will never try.

Why can't our dying aviation sector be restored back to it former glory.

why can't our dying educational sector be restored back.

What about our health care institution.

All our leaders are now fond of trying the alternative route which is abroad to get what they need such as London ( UK ) Germany, France, USA etc
[/b]

My friend, Akwa Ibom State is rich enough to buy a private jet for her Governor, Stop this ranting.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by 50calibre(m): 1:03am On Nov 02, 2012
The way these politicians keep embezzling millions of dollars while poverty is ravishing majority of the Nigerian population is unbelievable

The country is indeed unsalvageable
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by ghettodreamz(m): 1:04am On Nov 02, 2012
When has buying of jet became a norm for the leaders of our nation? If I may ask, where do they get all these money from, for goodness sake?

When will all these looters stop being unfair to the masses and the whole nation at large? This is democratic craziness on their parts and my heart bleeds so much for the future of a a nation called NIGERIA. Is this how they planned to reform the 'un-reformable' ? The flocks are growing scraggy while the herdsmen are growing thick at the expense of the suffering masses of our beloved nation.

The question I'm asking now is, will anything good EVER come out of Nigeria with this on-going trend?

Will anything good ever come out of Jonathan's administration?

Let us not forget that, God is watching and each one of us shall be held accountable for his own life on that blessed day.

E de pain me gan...*Smh*

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by searay(m): 1:17am On Nov 02, 2012
The news stated that the jet is a property of the state gov't.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 02, 2012
My governor is an alpha male...

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Revealedtv(m): 1:31am On Nov 02, 2012
grin

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Siga: 1:38am On Nov 02, 2012
I dont know why all these seems to be a surprise anymore....its a proven fact that these animals dont give a F about anyone but themselves and their immediate family....all these news agencies need to stop talking about it cos nothing go shele....all na shout and thats it....when all of them die....including one wey get 4 jets...make dem take the jets fly them to heaven or hell....or bury dem inside dem jets
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by ghettodreamz(m): 1:41am On Nov 02, 2012
searay: The news stated that the jet is a property of the state gov't.

God go SAMA am cool cool cool
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by misterh(m): 1:42am On Nov 02, 2012
If this news is true, itz sad. Is that what is next in the scheme of things? That amount of money would do sth significant, if pumped in the right direction. What else can we do apart from ranting on NL? We should be able to take actions that'll bring about the desired change!
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 02, 2012
misterh: If this news is true, itz sad. Is that what is next in the scheme of things? That amount of money would do sth significant, if pumped in the right direction. What else can we do apart from ranting on NL? We should be able to take actions that'll bring about the desired change!
What is really the problem ? Is it wrong for a state to own a Private Jet for the Governor's itineraries. I tracked that jet now and its enroute White Plains, NY to Cologne Bonn. Its in the sky right now. LOL
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by vislabraye(m): 2:33am On Nov 02, 2012
Na turn by turn. Amaechi don show the way. Next na Bayelsa and then Delta. No forget Cross Rivers too.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by kabba7(m): 2:51am On Nov 02, 2012
Some of those governors are bringing theirs ( private jets ) home however informations have it that more than 3/4 of the planes parked in one west african country airport (name witheld ) not too from here are owned by Nigerian public officers who will not be able to expplain the source of their wealth so they have to keep their air toys in that country's airport ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ pay to airport authority to keep watch. Hmm
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by naijaspeak(m): 2:55am On Nov 02, 2012
[b]In Delta state for example, the state governor, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan has announced plans to expand the Usubi airport which is located near Warri to an International standard. He actually want to turn the airport infrastructure to be like the one he wasted billions in Asaba without much return to the state. I want to ask this question is airport project now our priority?

This is after spending huge amount ( billions) to establish an airport at Asaba, Delta state. Now the Asaba airport after consuming huge amounts of the state money is not bringing much money to the state purse as there are no tourist or travellers using it.

It is just a white elephant project and a money drainer, not to talk of the huge amount of our money that was embezzled by the Uduaghan led administration in the course of developing the airport. Infact, in the course of assigning the projects, billions where quoted just to steal from the government purse. But I blame governor Uduaghan for all this. Why can't the government maintain one airport instead of embarking on two airport.

I want to let Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan, the Delta state governor, including his Rivers and Akwa Ibom counterpart to know that aircraft or airport is not our priority.

In Delta state, for example there are no new company set up by the government to create gainful employment. The only existing opportunity for employment is Okada (commercial motorcycling ) which the governor had just stopped now.

Let all these visionless governor go to all the oil producing communities to see things for themselves how people suffer in their land in the midst of plenty. Oil communities faces all kind of environmental hazards such as gas flaring, oil spillage, destruction of their farm land due to gas flaring, heat in their neighbourhood due to gas flaring, damage to their fishing water and drinking water due to the activities of oil prospecting company. Take a trip to Ogoni land in Rivers state, and some other communities in the oil producing regions of the niger delta and see how the people suffer year in and year out. Our politicians prefer to sit in their airconditioned office and be signing all sorts of contracts that will enable them steal the money coming from all these neglected oil producing communities.

In most oil producing community there are no pipe borne water, electricity, motorable road, hospital, good school for learning. But yet our governors and their associates are living in comfort spending all our oil money.

I just heard in the news how the minister of the Niger delta , Godsday Orubebe looted 6.6 billion naira, the money meant for his ministry. Mr Orubebe, the minister for the Niger delta is preparing to contest the governorship of delta state come 2015.

May God help Nigeria!
[/b]
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by floriana(m): 3:12am On Nov 02, 2012
I wish Danbaba Suntai, Nigeria's only licensed pilot governor and our pride in the sky soonest recova so that he can acquire another jet for the govt of Taraba state. May he recover quickly so that he can spearhead the construction of private jet parking facilities in the air. God bless our leaders. May their private jets, which are properties of the respective states not crash again. May they continue to fly all over the world until their 8 years tenure are over. And after that, may their go to the senate and keep flying.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by SlyIg(f): 3:56am On Nov 02, 2012
If the governor of the one of the richest oil producing states in Nigeria doesnt drive a jet,is it a governor from a poor state like Tarabar that should drive? Akwa Ibom worth a jet for it's government pls, so stop ranting here abeg.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by DonaldGenes(m): 4:23am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption: I need to get one like this.
Your user name confirms you are from the same ideological school of thought! Am not surprised

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by DonaldGenes(m): 4:24am On Nov 02, 2012
sugar 001: Buying jets is obviously reigning. God please bless me too.
God will
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by DonaldGenes(m): 4:31am On Nov 02, 2012
That's my state and what do you expect when we have too much money flowing into our account every month like 20 something billion bugs and yet you don't know what your priorities are! Though he has really done well in my state that I can say but buying this plane is a luxury we don't need cos there are lots of things still need to be done
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Wsdm: 4:50am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

My friend, Akwa Ibom State is rich enough to buy a private jet for her Governor, Stop this ranting.
.......... And are not rich enough to provide the basic necessities of life.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vindication For Barcanista: The Real Reason APC Hate Me (pix) / APC State Chairmen Extend Oyegun’s Tenure By 2 Years / Abiola’s GCFR Honour Well Deserved – Senator Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.