Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders (9727 Views)

Boko Haram Abducts Teenage Girls In Borno, Kill Seven / MASSOB Group's Leaders Abducts Catholic Priest As Hostage / Merger Group Leaders After Us – Rival APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by aishatua1: 5:30am On Nov 02, 2012
[b]MASSOB abducts splinter group leaders.

By Tony Edike
ENUGU—Barrister Benjamin Onwuka, leader of Biafra Zionist Movement, , whose group had announced its plan to re-declare the Republic of Biafra in Enugu on Monday, November 5, 2012, was, yesterday, allegedly abducted by members of the Ralph Uwazulike-led Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB.

Also whisked away from their residences to an unknown destination were the BZM National Chairman, Samuel Edeson, Nweke Nweke, National Secretary and Chukwuma Orienta, a member of the group from Onitsha.

However, MASSOB has said the BZM leaders where not abducted, but invited for questioning over their November 5 plans.

Meanwhile, BZM’s Director of Mobilisation, Cornelius Anyanwu, who disclosed this in a chat with newsmen, yesterday, said the fierce-looking men believed to have been sent by Chief Uwazulike, stormed the residences of the four BZM leaders yesterday morning, forced them into their cars and drove them to an unknown place.

He said one of the BZM leaders called on phone to alert them that they were being driven to Uwazulike’s Okwe home in Imo State, explaining that the abduction of the group’s leaders was part of Uwazulike and his MASSOB’s plot to abort the planned re-declaration of Biafra on Monday, which, he said, had generated a lot of interest among Ndigbo, both in Nigeria and in Diaspora.

He said: “We have concluded all necessary arrangements for successful inauguration of Biafra Republic on November 5.

“The mobilisation of our supporters, including all Igbos had been intensified before this sabotage by the MASSOB leader, who has since abandoned the Biafran agitation and resorted to working with the Nigerian government to subdue Biafra.”

According to him, the BZM had scheduled a meeting in Enugu, yesterday morning ahead of Monday’s event, before the abduction.

MASSOB’s spokesman, Mr. Uchenna Madu, confirmed that the BZM leaders were under their custody but explained that members of the Uwazulike-led MASSOB in Enugu State only “summoned” them for questioning regarding their plan for November 5.

He said: “Our men did not abduct the BZM leaders. Rather, we invited them to a meeting to find out why they want to re-declare Biafra after it had been declared many years ago.

“We want to reason with them about what they planned for Monday. We are in support of Biafra but what they (BZM) are doing amounts to making caricature of the Biafran struggle.

“It must stop because the security operatives are disturbing our members thinking that MASSOB is behind the move.”

[/b]Madu denied allegations by BZM members that the Federal Government was using Uwazulike against their campaign for the actualisation of Biafra, saying there was no pact between the government and the MASSOB leader.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/massob-abducts-splinter-group-leaders/
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 02, 2012
loooooooooooooool. if massob toy soldiers fit kidnap una oga
naija army go annihilate una.
bia-fool by pig-bos cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by Ezennaemeka1(m): 7:15am On Nov 02, 2012
I knew long time ago that Uwazurike was only struggling for biafra because of the monetry aspect.
But this Zionist movements should be very careful at least not to erupt war.

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by Osiris211: 7:25am On Nov 02, 2012
Long live the federal republic of biafrogs!

7 Likes

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by RedLight1: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2012
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by RedLight1: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2012
Eze nnaemeka: I knew long time ago that Uwazurike was only struggling for biafra because of the monetry aspect.
are u now afraid of another war?
I thot nigeria is another war zone that all its citizens are struggling to survive
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 02, 2012
Until there is unity among Igbos,there will never be a Biafra...my countrymen are full of saboteurs
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by adventisty: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2012
November 5Th?
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by Built2last: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2012
were they abducted or summoned? what do we believe now. Either ways, who gave MASSOB the right?
people should think before they act for heaven's sake.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by NegroNtns(m): 9:20am On Nov 02, 2012
Who are these people trying to fool? Thats a choreographed abduction to explain away why the Nov 5th will not hold.

4 Likes

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by texazzpete(m): 9:22am On Nov 02, 2012
aishatua1: [b]MASSOB abducts splinter group leaders.

By Tony Edike
ENUGU—Barrister Benjamin Onwuka, leader of Biafra Zionist Movement, , whose group had announced its plan to re-declare the Republic of Biafra in Enugu on Monday, November 5, 2012, was, yesterday, allegedly abducted by members of the Ralph Uwazulike-led Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB.

Also whisked away from their residences to an unknown destination were the BZM National Chairman, Samuel Edeson, Nweke Nweke, National Secretary and Chukwuma Orienta, a member of the group from Onitsha.

However, MASSOB has said the BZM leaders where not abducted, but invited for questioning over their November 5 plans.

Meanwhile, BZM’s Director of Mobilisation, Cornelius Anyanwu, who disclosed this in a chat with newsmen, yesterday, said the fierce-looking men believed to have been sent by Chief Uwazulike, stormed the residences of the four BZM leaders yesterday morning, forced them into their cars and drove them to an unknown place.

He said one of the BZM leaders called on phone to alert them that they were being driven to Uwazulike’s Okwe home in Imo State, explaining that the abduction of the group’s leaders was part of Uwazulike and his MASSOB’s plot to abort the planned re-declaration of Biafra on Monday, which, he said, had generated a lot of interest among Ndigbo, both in Nigeria and in Diaspora.

He said: “We have concluded all necessary arrangements for successful inauguration of Biafra Republic on November 5.

“The mobilisation of our supporters, including all Igbos had been intensified before this sabotage by the MASSOB leader, who has since abandoned the Biafran agitation and resorted to working with the Nigerian government to subdue Biafra.”

According to him, the BZM had scheduled a meeting in Enugu, yesterday morning ahead of Monday’s event, before the abduction.

MASSOB’s spokesman, Mr. Uchenna Madu, confirmed that the BZM leaders were under their custody but explained that members of the Uwazulike-led MASSOB in Enugu State only “summoned” them for questioning regarding their plan for November 5.

He said: “Our men did not abduct the BZM leaders. Rather, we invited them to a meeting to find out why they want to re-declare Biafra after it had been declared many years ago.

“We want to reason with them about what they planned for Monday. We are in support of Biafra but what they (BZM) are doing amounts to making caricature of the Biafran struggle.

“It must stop because the security operatives are disturbing our members thinking that MASSOB is behind the move.”

[/b]Madu denied allegations by BZM members that the Federal Government was using Uwazulike against their campaign for the actualisation of Biafra, saying there was no pact between the government and the MASSOB leader.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/massob-abducts-splinter-group-leaders/

Simple solution. Arrest Uwazuruike for kidnapping.

'fierce looking men forcing others into a vehicle and driving them away' is not an 'invitation', it's KIDNAPPING, pure and simple.

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by aryzgreat: 9:23am On Nov 02, 2012
NEXT? only 5 comments but its on front page. NL! NL! NL! how many times did i call u? leave ndigbo alone!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 02, 2012
November 5th!! LET'S GO THERE! cool

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by hakanai(m): 9:32am On Nov 02, 2012
texazzpete:

'fierce looking men forcing others into a vehicle and driving them away' is not an 'invitation', it's KIDNAPPING, pure and simple.

^^^^^^^Couldn't agree more!!!! Do they have the right to do such.Force someone to a meeting?I though only government under certain rules can do that!
Anyways bzm and massob na politics/war for the soul of the SE and Igbos! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by hakanai(m): 9:34am On Nov 02, 2012
aryzgreat: NEXT? only 5 comments but its on front page. NL! NL! NL! how many times did i call u? leave ndigbo alone!

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by buffny: 9:34am On Nov 02, 2012
i already said it , these igbos are villagers to the core . they are freaking jokers and just a laffing stock.

buhahahhahaa.

massob dey kidnap bzm. imagine if they get their biafra . nah kidnappers paradise him go be.

9 Likes

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by takedat(m): 9:37am On Nov 02, 2012

“The mobilisation of our supporters, including all Igbos had been intensified before this sabotage by the MASSOB leader, who has since abandoned the Biafran agitation and resorted to working with the Nigerian government to subdue Biafra.”(quote)

Na wao, this people don dey give excuse. MASSOB sabotaging BZM, MASSOB betraying the Biafrans by working with the Government to subdue biafra.
I was already planning on rendering assistance to some biafrans to go back to the east. Its a shame that cowardice runs in their blood, the only brave ones are e-warriors.

5 Likes

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by salam001(m): 9:38am On Nov 02, 2012
Hmm,this page go soon reach 20,when agberos come back from morning duty, see ya!

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by ifyalways(f): 9:38am On Nov 02, 2012
texazzpete:

co signed.

Chief Negro,be nice. Lolz
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by aryzgreat: 9:39am On Nov 02, 2012
buffny: i already said it , these igbos are villagers to the core . they are freaking jokers and just a laffing stock.

buhahahhahaa.

massob dey kidnap bzm. imagine if they get their biafra . nah kidnappers paradise him go be.

ur fafa na kidnafa! stufit aboki. who be villager? u wey dey follow cow from january to december inside bush without baffing ba? Ndama cow!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by aryzgreat: 9:41am On Nov 02, 2012
take dat:

“The mobilisation of our supporters, including all Igbos had been intensified before this sabotage by the MASSOB leader, who has since abandoned the Biafran agitation and resorted to working with the Nigerian government to subdue Biafra.”(quote)

Na wao, this people don dey give excuse. MASSOB sabotaging BZM, MASSOB betraying the Biafrans by working with the Government to subdue biafra.
I was already planning on rendering assistance to some biafrans to go back to the east. Its a shame that cowardice runs in their blood, the only brave ones are e-warriors.

until ur Yoruba coward ppl challenge the status quo, they still remain the greatest coward in naija!

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by Revealedtv(m): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2012
I need a definition for kidnapping
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by DeLaRue: 9:50am On Nov 02, 2012
It's my cousin's wedding this Saturday somewhere in the East - Nnewi or somewhere like that.

But I will be making a call within the next few minutes, to apologise that I can't make it.

I just can't.

Virtually, every other member of the family have made one excuse or the other, but when you ask them privately, it all boils down to the fear of kidnapping. Whether that fear is justified or not, that is the perception. And news of one individual ordering the 'kidnap' of others can only reinforce those fears.

It's a shame really, as he's such a close cousin. Luckily, the girl's parents live in Ibadan, so there will be a white wedding in Ibadan in two weeks. By God's grace, we will all troop down for that.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by drnoel: 9:50am On Nov 02, 2012
Eze nnaemeka: I knew long time ago that Uwazurike was only struggling for biafra because of the monetry aspect.
its all 4 the money. Has Boko rubbish not recently called for dialogue. Have they not abandoned their plans to make Nigeria an islamic state. I mean, they had luck that it was GEJ and not OBJ. If there not nothing OBJ would have done, am sure he would have annihilated that silly group. Its simply all about the money.
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by chakula: 9:51am On Nov 02, 2012
I can see no unity among the igbo community!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 02, 2012
Onwuka and his colleagues at BZM are all id.oits,do they realise what they are doing?
Do they realise the dangers they are exposing millions of innocent igbos to?.

After all these antics,he,ll board the plane and move back to the uk abi?
There are millions of igbos who dont know him or what his group stands for,
These guys are bunch of crowns and should stop embarrassing us.

I was having this feeling for the past one week that something terrible would happen to him,
Either MASSOB would kill him and make it look like it was done by Nigeria SSS or the latter would carry that out and blame it on MASSOB.

I dont support the actions of MASSOB but im angry and ashamed of BZM,knowing what they are up to in a few days time,they more than anyone else should beef up their personal securities.

If they are not safe,they should not toy with the security of millions of igbos.
BTW,where are the likes of Ekwueme,Anyaoku,Soludo etc in all these?These respected individuals should not keep mute while their houses are on fire,they should voice out their opinions,either support these groups or call those fools to order.

MMADU ADI ANO NA UNO,EWU ANWUO NA OGBIRI.

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by takedat(m): 9:55am On Nov 02, 2012
aryzgreat:

until ur Yoruba coward ppl challenge the status quo, they still remain the greatest coward in naija!
Sharrap. No wonder others don't regard Ibos highly. MASSOB fighting BZM, MASSOB and BZM threatening seccession by mouth when actions could have done the talking for them. F*cking Dregs of Humanity

5 Likes

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by salam001(m): 9:55am On Nov 02, 2012
DeLaRue: It's my cousin's wedding this Saturday somewhere in the East - Nnewi or somewhere like that.

But I will be making a call within the next few minutes, to apologise that I can't make it.

I just can't.

Virtually, every other member of the family have made one excuse or the other, but when you ask them privately, it all boils down to the fear of kidnapping. Whether that fear is justified or not, that is the perception. And news of one individual ordering the 'kidnap' of others can only reinforce those fears.

It's a shame really, as he's such a close cousin. Luckily, the girl's parents live in Ibadan, so there will be a white wedding in Ibadan in two weeks. By God's grace, we will all troop down for that.
lol,who would waste time to go and kidnap you and ur family,lol,na coins una head go comot,mumu,nnewi ko okija ni,thats the only igbo place you've ever heard of,mtchew

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by advocate666: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2012
smh
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:08am On Nov 02, 2012
take dat: Sharrap. No wonder others don't regard Ibos highly. MASSOB fighting BZM, MASSOB and BZM threatening succession by mouth when actions could have done the talking for them. F*cking Dregs of Humanity

^^^Care to throw more light on the bolded? smiley
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by chrisolive: 10:14am On Nov 02, 2012
Osiris.211:
Long live the federal republic of biafrogs!
Idiot!
Re: MASSOB Abducts BZM Group Leaders by takedat(m): 10:15am On Nov 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Care to throw more light on the bolded? smiley
1) Starting their own militia/ take up arms against Nigerian Government.
2) Asking all Ibo's in other parts of Nigeria to return to Biafra(East).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests / Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah Felicitates With Adams Oshiomhole As He Turns 71 / Free Kanu As Parting Gift, Ohanaeze Begs Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.