Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,956 members, 7,863,390 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:55 PM

Is A Web Development Company Better Than A Freelancer ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is A Web Development Company Better Than A Freelancer ? (508 Views)

13 Reasons Why Affiliate Marketing Is Better Than Google Adsense / Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians / How To Start A Web Hosting/Development Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is A Web Development Company Better Than A Freelancer ? by greenmouse(m): 10:07am On Nov 02, 2012
Website design projects are one of the most in demand outsourced tasks for a company. Developing an online presence through a website is one key step to expanding the company's market. Hiring the right entity for the job is a challenge some companies often neglect.
Web development often falls to only two types of IT entities: an individual developer or freelancer and a web development company. Some companies, especially those with established businesses prefer to work with companies like themselves. Smaller companies, however, are already satisfied with hiring a freelancer.

Strengths and Weaknesses of a Freelancer
Companies and individuals often hire freelancers mainly because payment for their service is cheaper compared to a company. Some freelancer's output can even rival those made by web design companies in terms of the website's functionality, layout, and user-friendliness.
However, there are also risks involved with hiring freelancers. Based on experience, some freelancers are unable to deliver the outputs and results they promised with their employer. Several reasons with this behaviour may be cause by lack of experience despite their positive claims, a decreased interest on the project and the pressure of deadlines.
With one person working on the project expect that it would take longer for the website to be finished.

My Point
Let me stop here, I will like us to argue this logically, note am not particularly against any of this two...
lets share our experience here....
Re: Is A Web Development Company Better Than A Freelancer ? by sisqology(m): 6:37am On Nov 07, 2012
greenmouse: Website design projects are one of the most in demand outsourced tasks for a company. Developing an online presence through a website is one key step to expanding the company's market. Hiring the right entity for the job is a challenge some companies often neglect.
Web development often falls to only two types of IT entities: an individual developer or freelancer and a web development company. Some companies, especially those with established businesses prefer to work with companies like themselves. Smaller companies, however, are already satisfied with hiring a freelancer.

Strengths and Weaknesses of a Freelancer
Companies and individuals often hire freelancers mainly because payment for their service is cheaper compared to a company. Some freelancer's output can even rival those made by web design companies in terms of the website's functionality, layout, and user-friendliness.
However, there are also risks involved with hiring freelancers. Based on experience, some freelancers are unable to deliver the outputs and results they promised with their employer. Several reasons with this behaviour may be cause by lack of experience despite their positive claims, a decreased interest on the project and the pressure of deadlines.
With one person working on the project expect that it would take longer for the website to be finished.

My Point
Let me stop here, I will like us to argue this logically, note am not particularly against any of this two...
lets share our experience here....

And they didn't reply
Re: Is A Web Development Company Better Than A Freelancer ? by greenmouse(m): 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2012
sisqology:

And they didn't reply

lolz, @sisqology, never mind na, lolz,

(1) (Reply)

I Have Create A Nice Social Network In Nigeria And It The Best / I WANT TO LEARN WEBSITE DESIGN. / How To Get Backlinks From Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.