Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) (42207 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 03, 2012
sconsults: i have driven through that road in pakistan in 2007 from tato village through a bridge which i cant remember down into eastern pakistan and then through the srikanpa trail down to northern india where i distributed my merchandise .i did this because the road is closes in winter so no police or border patrol or anyone at all is present then.it is one of the most profitable journey you can make and also very dangerous although not as dangerous as the journey from afganistan through iran,azerbaijan to turkey off goverment road
Ouch!!!! Bros you dey try o!
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Ariyke: 11:23am On Nov 03, 2012
ooh! creepy
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 03, 2012
Omo! Dat pakistani road na expressway to the underworld!
At least, thank God for nigerian roads!
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by naptu2: 11:37am On Nov 03, 2012
Seerer: Mehn! Its scary, but there is a road like this ascending Ogbudu Cattle ranch, its called 'the Devil's elbow'. Just something close sha.

Obudu Cattle Ranch, Cross River State (venue of the Obudu Mountain Race).
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by purpinkx(m): 11:38am On Nov 03, 2012
Its not dangerous jawe ... If u have watch #fast and furious tokyo drift# thats what they use to learn drifting

1 Like

Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by LagosBoi2(m): 11:42am On Nov 03, 2012
mrs_acidtalk: ALL ROADS IN NIGERIA.

is benin ore road like that? is aba roads like these death zones? abegi joor. naija all d way
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 03, 2012
If you happen to be driving a manual vehicle on one of these roads.....Na die you dey!!!
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Lanreclassic(m): 11:46am On Nov 03, 2012
Those roads are death zone.....I don run oooo
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by johnstar(m): 11:51am On Nov 03, 2012
Dis is scary..... Mtcheeew shocked shocked instead I go treck 4 d road, dan make I ride car here undecided undecided undecided
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by denitro(m): 11:53am On Nov 03, 2012

1 Like

Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by montelik(m): 11:59am On Nov 03, 2012

Yungas Road, Bolivia
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Iaz93: 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2012
Even though I ride through the road of the shadow of death, I shall fear no FEAR. That Paskistani Road na DIE. . .
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by lafile(m): 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
Wow! The closest example I know here in Nigeria is the road that leads from Abeokuta to Imeko. Death Trap.

1 Like

Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Tochiilo(m): 12:04pm On Nov 03, 2012
Not in my life will I try those road.
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2012
give me reason why i should drive here .... shocked

Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Lamasta(m): 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
Where Benin-Ore road this list is incomplete Lmao
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by montelik(m): 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2012
bandiejay: give me reason why i should drive here .... shocked

I hope it was the guy in the rain coat that was driving the blue truck.
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 03, 2012
There is need for echo of 'Safe Journey' before any one proceeds on any journey on those roads. Some places are supposed to uninhabitable. It shows how tiny humans are in comparison to the cosmos. I dare say that there are nude human species in some valleys that are yet to be discovered.
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Abbey2sam(m): 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
Don't misunderstand the op, he's talking about dangerous roads and not bad roads,these roads listed above are in perfect and good condition but they are dare devil.
I can't imagine my self driving on any of the road listed above, just too scary.

Aba road can enter the list when we talk about bad roads

1 Like

Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by EfemenaXY: 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2012
The Alaskan road is the most beautiful - but really scary with the sea of ice on both sides.

But it does look like the road to heaven sha cheesy
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by nas00(m): 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2012
Believe me, Nigeria has got a road that falls into this eerie category.

The long, tortuous, and very steep ascent into Mambilla Plateau from Gashaka in Taraba State will absolutely take your breath away. Infact, first timers are strictly advised to hire a driver familiar with the terrain at Gashaka before embarking on the ascent, because once any vehicle falls into the bottomless gorges, not a single body can be retrieved. Na auto burial be that!

..And for the records, Mambilla plateau is the highest point above sea level in nigeria.
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2012
nas 00: Believe me, Nigeria has got a road that falls into this eerie category.

The long, tortuous, and very steep ascent into Mambilla Plateau from Gashaka in Taraba State will absolutely take your breath away. Infact, first timers are strictly advised to hire a driver familiar with the terrain at Gashaka before embarking on the ascent, because once any vehicle falls into the bottomless gorges, not a single body can be retrieved. Na auto burial be that!

..And for the records, Mambilla plateau is the highest point above sea level in nigeria.

Pictures, please. if you do not mind.

1 Like

Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by dljbd1(m): 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
mehn...i con dy fall in love wt our roads instead
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Remii(m): 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2012
naptu2:

Obudu Cattle Ranch, Cross River State (venue of the Obudu Mountain Race).

i arrived obudu ranch at night, i wonder how scary it would have been if it was during the day. the driver was checking and confirming the brakes before we started up and i was like wow! do i really want to do this with whole family in the same car? grin grin grin funny enough kids loved the turn around as you go up or down.
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by nas00(m): 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2012
morufoye:

Pictures, please. if you do not mind.

I feel you bro. I took a number of pictures when I went on a tour of Mambilla last year. Sadly, lost them all to a recent hard disk crash sad

Scouring the internet but haven't found pictures of the steeps.
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by ignis: 12:48pm On Nov 03, 2012
This shows that the FG is really doing a nice job on the nigerian road.
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2012
as our roads bad reach yet dem no dey for this list? I think say na we dey carry first for this kin ratings now?
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by magmegas: 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2012
NO ABA ROADS, THEN THE LIST IS NOT COMPLETE. I CAN NAVIGATE EACH OF THOSE ROADS WITH MY EYES CLOSED BUT NOT ABA ROADS.
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by olaezebala: 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2012
Remii:

i arrived obudu ranch at night, i wonder how scary it would have been if it was during the day. the driver was checking and confirming the brakes before we started up and i was like wow! do i really want to do this with whole family in the same car? grin grin grin funny enough kids loved the turn around as you go up or down.
my first day in ranch was during my NYSC in Obudu. Na that day I know say God na Baba. We took a bike from Obudu lg secrtariate straight to ranch. When we got there, cable car wasn't working so the bike man voluntared to carry us up ranch. Very close to that "devil's elbow", there comes a car that seems not to care about other road user. That silly driver nearlly nocked us off the clif o. Na there the journey on okada stopped o. The rest of the journey got to be trecked. No be small thing
Re: World's Most Dangerous Roads (photos) by Adanyebe(m): 1:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
NA MUST SAY THEM GO DO ROAD THEIR? MTCHEEEEEEEWW!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dead Pilot, Peter Bello, Memorial Service (Photos) / Man Found Dead On Ikeja Railway, Body Cut Into Pieces (Graphic Photo!!) / Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.