Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) (65479 Views)

How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) / 6 Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos With The Highest Number Fatal Accidents / 15 Most Dangerous Roads Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by opeyemiieblog(m): 4:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
Some of the most dangerous roads to travel in Nigeria are as following :

1). Abuja-Lokoja-Okene-Kabba: If you have travelled from anywhere in the Southwest of Nigeria to Abuja through the Lokoja-Okene road in Kogi State, then you will understand that this is a road of death. Not only is this road bad, it is a haven of armed robbers. Thousands of passengers travelling the Lokoja-Okene road to Abuja or to Ondo State have been waylaid by armed bandits and dispossessed of their goods. The same can be said of the Ilorin-Kabba-Lokoja road and the Lokoja-Obajana-Kabba road among others along that same axis.

2). Lagos-Sagamu-Ore-Benin road: An analyst noted that “If there is any road in the country that has portrayed successive governments in the country in bad light as failed governments in the last two decades, it is the Lagos- Sagamu –Ore –Benin road.” This road is not only bad and terrible for motorists, it is also a den of robbers where unfortunate passengers have been robbed and raped if their vehicles break down along the road. Travelling through the road is like travelling through the valley of the shadow of death.

3). Lagos-Ibadan
expressway: Constructed in 1974, the 120-kilometre highway is the only major road linking Lagos to Ibadan and other states within and beyond the Southwest of the Nigeria. The FRSC reported that in 2012 that 775 people died in 2,075 accidents along this road. The main dangers along this major expressway linking other states to Lagos is that of unmotorable road and frequent accidents, largely caused by oil tankers and overspeeding vehicles on the expressway filled with potholes.

4) Okigwe-Umuahia road: The ever-busy Enugu Port Harcourt expressway has always been a death trap for commuters. While road contractors hired to repair and maintain the road had abandoned it due to funds not being released by the government, the roads have fallen into terrible disrepair and become a death-trap for motorists and passengers alike.

5) Otukpo-Otukpa road in Makurdi: It is true that Otukpo and Otukpa roads are both within Makurdi in Benue State, this is a major road where craters, gulley erosion, potholes, and even dare-devil robbers rule the road. From Otukpa to Otukpo, the ancestral home of Idoma kingdom; you’d be forced to dance along with your vehicle to no rhythm for close to four hours in the journey, which ought not to last for about one or 2 hours. A columnist wrote that “For regular travelers, the thought of venturing on Otukpa- Otukpo road is the beginning of a journey into uncertainties, eternity or the easiest way of booking appointment with fate and grave, nay a way of bring money for nearby coffin makers.”

6) Enugu-Awka-Onitsha road: The deplorable state of the highway linking Enugu, Awka, and Onitsha has forced hundreds of motorists to abandon the road and reroute via the old road from Udi to Awka. Several people have died in traffic accidents occurring on this
road, and it continues to be a serious headache to passengers and motorists alike.

7) Kaduna-Abuja road: The Kaduna highway links many states in the north of the country to Abuja but boasts of over 400 potholes. In fact, the state of the road bears no image of a channel that links major states in the north to the Federal Capital Territory. An 18- seater Hummer bus was once involved in a ghastly motor accident that caused the loss of 14 lives along this road – they were all burnt to death beyond recognition. The vehicle had been coming from Kano State to Abuja.

report from http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/03/7-most-dangerous-roads-to-travel-in.html?m=0

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by opeyemiieblog(m): 4:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
1). Abuja-Lokoja-Okene-Kabba:
2). Lagos-Sagamu-Ore-Benin road:
3). Lagos-Ibadan expressway:
4) Okigwe-Umuahia road:

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by opeyemiieblog(m): 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
more @ lalasticlala

5) Otukpo-Otukpa road in Makurdi:

6) Enugu-Awka-Onitsha road:

7) Kaduna-Abuja road:

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by maxti: 4:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hmmm.

Such a rich country

9 Likes

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Jackeeh(m): 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
Some times I wonder if this country is cursed!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Adaowerri111: 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
What!!! Are these roads in nigeria?? And these men keep replying osibanjo

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Junior66(m): 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
Try Gombe-Adamawa and you will gladly revise your list.

54 Likes

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by spidey77: 4:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
Have u seen ikom - Calabar....Calabar- ITU...u will knw DAT dose roads u called are perfect

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by sportfeva(m): 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
The problem of this country deep. If you want to produce road construction material, you can't. There is no ease for investment and manufacturing.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by timilehing(m): 8:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ondo/Ore road, Oyo/ogbomosho road. Come see curves of life!

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by englishmart(m): 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
rubbish this is why I love air transport system. Where the idiots wey wan hang for up rob us?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by olaleye3230: 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
Please My Brother i need your advice i have 600k for a business plan in outskirt of Lagos am looking around osun state and Ekiti state but some of my friends advice me to travel out of the country Please What do i do and what good businesses can you guys suggests for me...

3 Likes

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Sunnycliff(m): 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
This is terrible. But there are still some very good roads too! Nit everything in this nation is comatose
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by openmine(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
tanks 4 d info cool cool
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by macino1(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
This can only happen in a country where the leaders careless about development. After all they travel by Air. And those who are suppose to ask them are ignorantly defending them because of tribe and religion. It is a shame: according to a friend of my.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by officialgeorge(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
dis is an eyesore...cant remeber wen last i traveled interstate by road

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by timilehing(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
olaleye3230:
Please My Brother i need your advice i have 600k for a business plan in outskirt of Lagos am looking around osun state and Ekiti state but some of my friends advice me to travel out of the country Please What do i do and what good businesses can you guys suggests for me...
Play Nairabet. Put all your money on Arsenal to win League grin grin

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by bolt000(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
its so baffling seeing that we still dont value lives in Nigeria angry
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Sochimaobim(m): 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ph - Owerri river. Sorry, road!

9 Likes

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by ziky2010(m): 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
Oyo-Ogbomosho road.So many curves

15 Likes

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by mascot87(m): 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
Of all these bad road, Enugu-Awka-Onitsha road is the King. That road can make one commit suicide. Can u imagine yourself driving on a bad road for more than 2hrs. I twale that road

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by notoriousbabe: 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
That's why I have not boughted my cars

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by misspicy(f): 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
Bode Saadu - jebba road,kwara state.....jeeez,that road is a death trap angry

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
How current is this report and the photos?

7 Likes

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by GodMode: 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
K

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by goodpath: 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
what about Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa road?

25 Likes

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Jobabori(m): 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
Junior66:
Try Gombe-Adamawa and you will gladly revise your list.
The Gombe axis is ok now but Adamawa axis up to Numan is deplorable.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by saintkel(m): 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
lalasticlala
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by kayzeesoft(m): 8:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
You forgot to mentioned jebba. Very very worst.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Bern1992(m): 8:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
Thank God, I dont even have road in my state not to talk of a bad one angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cotonou, Benin Republic / Photos Of Ikeja Train Accident Victims Being Treated On The Floor / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.