Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,801 members, 7,813,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

The Ugly Truth - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ugly Truth (1142 Views)

The Ugly Truth; If You Cheat On Someone, You Dont Love That Person. / See The Ugly Truth I Told My Teacher When I Was In Primary School / The Ugly Truth About Men,women Take Note. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ugly Truth by paulworld(m): 11:32am On Nov 03, 2012
Searching for love is probably one of the greatest mistakes anyone would ever endeavour, because most times we create a perfect picture of a god in our head. For the ladies, a tall, slim, eight-packs, broad-chest, smart, respectful, well-accomplished and well-bred christmatic, charming guy would do; and for the guys, a slim, fair, flat tummy, hour glass looking, well bred, coy damsel would do. This is only a reflection of the characters read in novels, or you find that man in the cinemas. Finding love is in fact a deception we all need to deal with.
You probably got attracted to someone and you think it's love, you cherish every moment you spend with a person and you think its love, you haven't even begun your endless search yet,
The truth they say is uugly, you don't find love, you make love. Don't get me wrong, you may find the person, you may be attracted to or awestricken at the first sight but you won't find the love, love is a bond of perfection.
"All men just want to sleep around", real truth, that is because they are attracted or turned on by what they see, that is the way they are created but not every man would sleep around , you should know that finding love either, a man who wouldn't sleep with you may as well break your heart even with a sledge hammer.
"All ladies are full of deception, in fact they mean yes when they say no". Hey Guy, don't push your luck, although i believe strongly that it doesn't cost much to make a lady say yes , but it does cost much to make her mean yes. The fact that a lady accept to go out with you does mean that she's in love with you or that you both share the same intentions, aspirations or goals about the relationship at the beginning. It may take a process. However. when a lady says "yes". don't take it to mean that her love guaranteed, you may be surprised at how much your heart is about to be broken.
Once a person introduce you as a partner as the case may be, most times it means; this is the person with whom i hope my relationship works out, and not this is the person with whom i am working my relationship out. Make sure you both define it before you take a ride to fantasy land.
Human begins are generally hopeful but with a negative mindset: I hope my relationship works out but what if we are not meant for each other, I hope i pass my exams, what if I can't cover the syllabus, I hope to build a house, but what if it won't get finished... the "hopeful" list is endless but marred with negativity. It is funny to find out that the solution or the ingredient to make your hope reality is in the "what ifs"! if you hope your relationship will work out with a person then work it out, if you know you must pass, prepare to finish the syllabus to be on the safe side, if you know you must build a house then count the cost before you start. This is not to make little potency of faith, but isn't faith without work dead?
Don't try to work a wrong relationship out, if the foundation is destroyed, your effort might be just little or even useless. Have a good reason for which you are going into a relationship so that when everything goes wrong, which is sometimes inevitable, you would still have a good reason for remaining in the relationship.
Although no man is indispensable, make sure your reason for staying in the relationship is cogent enough that it will almost be impossible to find that reason with anyone else. It must be reason enough that reason will find reasons to justify the reason; it must stand the test of time.
However, if you have tried your best to make your relationship work and it seems it keeps crashing down, take a little ponder at the foundation, were you in it for the right reasons, surely not just emotional needs, are your reasons cogent enough? If they are, find a reasonable person to talk with, someone in a meaningful relationship could be the best bet. If you are sure it's not going to work out, call it quits, don't keep on hanging on a stalk wasting your time or your partner's, you are for sure going to fall, you will only endure by a miracle, and not everyone gets a miracle!
Where your ideal picture does not match your partner, bolt! Yes, I say bolt. Don't compromise; you should not have started in the first place. else all you will find yourself doing is manipulating the other person to suit the taste of your perfect picture or become like your perfect being that never existed. Noteworthy, there is no such thing as a perfect person, but someone must match "some essentials" of the perfect one for you. Take your time to learn and know the one, he's worth waiting for.
The picture thing is a major issue in such discourse as this. painting a picture of the ideal person could be as helpful, as it is dangerous. As noted earlier, humans tend to paint appealing picture that never exist. Unlike the wishful thought of a child to fly likke superman, your ideal picture should not be base on just physical look or gait, you must take time to find out what will complement you as a person. For example, if you are in school studing law and you have painted a picture of yourself becoming a Senior Advocate or Justice, that is an ideal picture you can work on because it complements you, being a potential lawyer. But it would be foolish when you are stuying medicine and you picture yourself as a judge without the intention of going to the law school. The same principle applies in relationships, you really should know yourself first.
Therefore, the ideal picture should not be stardard gathered from the five senses, but the one garnered from the knowledgr of your personlality, what will work for you, good or bad. A sound understanding of temperaments willbe helpful here

2 Likes

Re: The Ugly Truth by Mynd44: 11:36am On Nov 03, 2012
Hmmm. You are on to something here OP
Re: The Ugly Truth by Seerer(f): 11:43am On Nov 03, 2012
Patiently waiting.
Re: The Ugly Truth by KINGwax(m): 11:53am On Nov 03, 2012
This your truth don use make up o. E no too ugly na
Re: The Ugly Truth by 190theclown: 11:56am On Nov 03, 2012
Seerer: Patiently waiting.

LO!! and behold 190 your dream man is finally here cheesy cheesy
Re: The Ugly Truth by amyg(f): 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2012
*yawns*now we know,make we change planet abi?
Re: The Ugly Truth by mumumugu(m): 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
I am nt comfotable wit d way u use the word ALL. ALL MEN ALL WOMEN

IN life there are exception to every rule.try using MOST instead
Re: The Ugly Truth by Mynd44: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2012
mumumugu: I am nt comfotable wit d way u use the word ALL. ALL MEN ALL WOMEN

IN life there are exception to every rule.try using MOST instead
true
Re: The Ugly Truth by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
***yaaaaaawwwwns***
ANALYSIS: No central point in this sermon, just all over the place. A woeful end to the sermon, as though an unfinished thought begging to be expressed.
VERDICT: Reading this was a waste of my time.
Sorry, OP. This is the real "ugly truth," for there is NOTHING ugly in the contestable "truth" you've just blabbed up there.
Now, off I go in search of sensible reads...
Re: The Ugly Truth by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2012
In a country of liars, half truth is the truth. . .

You try sha for dis ya well articulated rubbish. . .
Re: The Ugly Truth by Mynd44: 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2012
I feel like derailing this thread
Re: The Ugly Truth by Agybabe(f): 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
Thanks @poster I will put that in mind.
Re: The Ugly Truth by berylLOL(f): 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2012
I wonda y people can't just summarize..

1 Like

Re: The Ugly Truth by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 04, 2012
Hmm... smiley
Re: The Ugly Truth by malaria(f): 8:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
Ctr+ c, Ctr + v

(1) (Reply)

Interview On My Wedding Day / Who Is The Most Important Person In Ur Life / Chinese Lesbian Couple Tries To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.