Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Femininity Vs Feminism - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Femininity Vs Feminism (6452 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / How To Boost A Man's Ego Through Femininity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Chacal: 4:48pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ michelin89,

grin grin grin grin grin grin
It seems u have a warped view of what "weaker" means in this context. It is not necessarily attached to the physical. What about being weak spiritually, emotionally and mentally.
In any rescue operation, women and children are the first to get help because they are regarded as being weak. This is where my problem lies with the feminist thingy. When disaster strikes, women are the first to voice out that they are the weaker sex but when u flip the script over, they want equal rights. You cannot eat your cake and have it.

In Japan, men answer their women's last name . . .Interesting!!!!! Unfortunately, i am an African so that theory barely holds water.
In India, women pay bride price . . . . .for someone that claims to be intelligent, this is the most pathetic statement i have ever seen on this forum.
FYI, women don't pay bride-price, they pay the dowry. Men pay the bride-price. This is practised everywhere in the world.
You need to brush up more on family issues.  You need to understand the difference between the bride price and the dowry.

Bring it on and skip the personal attacks. Women are smarter than Men? Yea right.
Albert Einstein/John Newton/Alfred Nobel were women.
What a load of applesauce/trumpery. grin
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Iman3(m): 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2008
D-reloaded:

4Play, what exactly is in that link. What is the article about as I can't access it on my computer at work, apparently it's been banned due to nudity? Oniranu boy. grin

How can I put up a link with nudity? grin Here is an excerpt:

TEENAGER Tasha Maltby is never likely to run away from boyfriend Dani Graves – he keeps her on a lead when they go out.
For the barking-mad fact is that the pretty 19-year-old likes to live as the PET of her Gothic-dressing “master”.

The pair’s odd appearance makes them look like rejects from a Pulp Fiction audition – and as The Sun revealed yesterday, their behaviour has so disturbed a bus driver he refuses to let them on.

Dani, 25, not only takes Tasha for walks on a lead, he rubs her tummy when she’s good and generally ensures she is house-trained.

He even has a set of Tasha’s Pet Rules which she has signed and must follow every day.

She says: “I am Dani’s pet and it is all I have ever wanted to be. I’ve always been animal-like and I’ve wanted to be a pet since I don’t know when, but I never quite understood it.

This is the best part:
I don’t like making decisions so I let Dani do that for me.

“Then he plays with me and strokes my tummy if I’ve done what he asked. I don’t have to do anything for myself except get snacks and wash. I eat and sleep a lot and get a lot of love and attention, just like a regular pet.”

She doesn’t have to wear a lead when she goes out by herself but needs Dani’s permission to leave their flat in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Dreloaded(f): 4:54pm On Jan 31, 2008
I cant say I am surprised 4Play

I've seen and heard worse.
There's a man known in Queens whose wife bought some kind of contraption that keeps his penis in some kind of cage. He's not allowed to pee or touch himself until they are both home, when she goes out, back into the "machine" he goess and he seems to enjoy it too.

It's hilarious.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2008
*sighs*
and i thot they were leaving

@RLoaded

My problem is just with people in general who argue like you.

i wasnt even arguing with anyone
would you go back to the beginning of this thread and see the whole thing play out
i posted a write up jejely, you people came to attack instead of debating things

only Michelin did that
i only assumed she was a christian and thats where i was wrong
she didnt personally attack me and we r still very cool

Now your talking about about me playing the victim here?

you set your self up as a villian and anyone would see that
im not a victim of anything and will never be!

as to me being naive and overbearing
im sorry i once again assumed that people do learn things
as the days go by and get better.
as for you who were born with intelligence levels so high!
leave us who wish to learn things alone!

@Michelin

So whats the solution
thats all i ask
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2008
Chacal:

@ michelin89,

grin grin grin grin grin grin
It seems u have a warped view of what "weaker" means in this context. It is not necessarily attached to the physical. What about being weak spiritually, emotionally and mentally.
In any rescue operation, women and children are the first to get help because they are regarded as being weak. This is where my problem lies with the feminist thingy. When disaster strikes, women are the first to voice out that they are the weaker sex but when u flip the script over, they want equal rights. You cannot eat your cake and have it.

In Japan, men answer their women's last name . . .Interesting!!!!! Unfortunately, i am an African so that theory barely holds water.
In India, women pay bride price . . . . .for someone that claims to be intelligent, this is the most pathetic statement i have ever seen on this forum.
FYI, women don't pay bride-price, they pay the dowry. Men pay the bride-price. This is practised everywhere in the world.
You need to brush up more on family issues. You need to understand the difference between the bride price and the dowry.

Bring it on and skip the personal attacks. Women are smarter than Men? Yea right.
Albert Einstein/John Newton/Alfred Nobel were women.
What a load of applesauce/trumpery. grin

Chacal you are a sexist and there is no need discussing with you. Even withouth being a xtian you are already biased because you have grown up to believe women are weaker in all aspects.

Only an idiot would argue with you.

Good day!
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2008
Finally some peace and quiet

Thats what we need in this world!

not women fighting men
men fighting women
women fighting women
men fighting men

everyone not happy with how God created em to be

Dear Father give us peace!!
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Chacal: 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ Gamine,

Whatz up with your signature?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I wont marry a feminist.
A woman must know she will never be equal to a man in terms of strength and the power of authority that God has given to a man.
A man must also know he will never be equal to a woman in terms of emotional strength and the power of influence God has placed in your hands.
With this on people's mind, the world will be a much better place to live in.

However, human beings are not satisfied with the way they are created.
Men are vying to be a woman. Women wanna do sex change operations and become men.
Some men wanna be feral and lower themselves to animals . . . . .
Mark ma words, Very soon,people will start marrying animals/objects all in the name of women rights.
It's ridiculous.

@ michelin89,

What a cheap way of running away in defeat. shocked shocked shocked
I am not a sexist. I'm a REALIST.
Blimey, i dont support extreme male supremacy. I cannot stand male rapists, sex offenders or sexual deviants but there's also a boundary.
The man is the HEAD . . . .A woman is the neck. Both parties need each other like food and water.
A man does the math . . .The woman does the science.
End of discussion.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ Gamine

These are the steps:

1. We as parents shall change the way we educate our children. No male child shall be treated differently.
2. We as parents shall give examples of our abilities and strenght. None of them shall step back for one.
3. We as parents shall encourage our children to develp thier abilities and passion even if they are regarded as not adapt to their sexes.
etc

Everything starts at home and proper education is the key.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ Chacal

I am not running and I'm just preventing myself from being infected by your stupidity. smiley

@ Gamine

I have said all I had to say. I am out.

bye!
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by joshjosh(m): 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2008
@michelin89

did i hear you were 18yrs young? how come we are becoming parents? and parents with loads of brains too
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2008
@Michelin
I believe parents these days who are enlightened are doing just what you listed
Thanks again for contributing wisely smiley

@Chacal
Gimme an answer before i beat the crap outta you! grin
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Chacal: 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ michelin89

The only person oozing of stupidity here is you.
Didn't u goof that women pay bride-price in India? I wonder who the bride is if the bride is paying the BRIDE-PRICE!!!!!!!!!
Blimey . . .I have read so many foolish comments on this forum but yours has to rank #1 on the "I'M A NINNY" list.

@ Gamine,

Beat the crap out of me?
Characteristics of a feminist . . . . .
What else should i expect? Do the house chores?
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 6:55pm On Jan 31, 2008
lol

ohmy days

the hyenas are chasing me now!

Chacal you must take care of the babies
because i must go out and win the bread!
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2008
Chacal:

@ michelin89

The only person oozing of stupidity here is you.
Didn't u goof that women pay bride-price in India? I wonder who the bride is if the bride is paying the BRIDE-PRICE!!!!!!!!!
Blimey . . .I have read so many foolish comments on this forum but yours has to rank #1 on the "I'M A NINNY" list.

I can't believe you are still here crying. cry cry Cry baby! tongue
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 31, 2008
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 10:59pm On Jan 31, 2008
Trae

it sure is
i must admit

i m guilty of always allowing my naughty side pop up
Lord help my inadequacies!
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 1:42am On Feb 01, 2008
Being feminine is a pain in the ass to both men and women. You are a liability, an impostor and an opportunist. You are a pretender and deserve no form of respect and that's what is happening today

@michelin89
For your information, feminity does not mean you are weak.
If I should go by the meaning of feminity and not preconceived notions, being feminine is a gender represention to every woman as masculinity is attributed to every man. So going by your definition of being feminine you michelin89 as a woman are a pain in the ass to both men and women. You are a liability, an impostor and an opportunist. You are a pretender and deserve no form of respect.

How many men really respect ladies who are lady-like? How many respect their dignity and their personas? I'll tell you: Very few.

Yet again you attribute being lady-like to being stupid. What you defined here is a low esteemed, uneducated woman. Being lady like does not mean a woman cannot be vociferous on issues of egalitarianism. Being feminine does not mean she cannot stand up for herself, she cannot have a career and she cannot achieve anything in life.

I believe in feminism but when it turns into abject aggressiveness and extremism just to relay a point then Stillwater would also relay her stand on such.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by efuah(f): 12:50pm On Feb 01, 2008
i zon arrive. . . what's going on here?
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Chacal: 1:11pm On Feb 01, 2008
stillwater:

@michelin89
For your information, feminity does not mean you are weak.
If I should go by the meaning of feminity and not preconceived notions, being feminine is a gender represention to every woman as masculinity is attributed to every man. So going by your definition of being feminine you michelin89 as a woman are a pain in the ass to both men and women. You are a liability, an impostor and an opportunist. You are a pretender and deserve no form of respect.

Yet again you attribute being lady-like to being stupid. What you defined here is a low esteemed, uneducated woman. Being lady like does not mean a woman cannot be vociferous on issues of egalitarianism. Being feminine does not mean she cannot stand up for herself, she cannot have a career and she cannot achieve anything in life.

I believe in feminism but when it turns into abject aggressiveness and extremism just to relay a point then Stillwater would also relay her stand on such.

Touché.

The world will be a much better place if we have more women like u.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2008
Yeah!

Stillwater smiley

Now you are talking!! grin
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ Stll water

I don't believe in that femininity and masculinity crap simply because those are not defnitions of what the genders really are but of how they are supposed to be.

And by the way until someone clearly says who (I don't want to hear god again) who defined those xteristics I still remain of the idea that they are pure stereotypes and mostly negative too.

My two cents.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 01, 2008
@michelin89

michelin89:

@ Stll water

I don't believe in that femininity and masculinity crap simply because those are not defnitions of what the genders really are but of how they are supposed to be.

Maybe you should ask the Queen of England to brief you on the word feminity. Either you believe in the femininity and masculinity crap or not, you attributed feminity to stupidity and I stood up to that because it is a debased presumption and accusation. From your posts you did not preach "equality" but rather domination, degradation of being feminine and sexism we are so ready to accuse men of.
All these what a man can do a woman can do better should not be the basis of a woman's stance, a woman should understand that she achieves greatness not to prove she's better than a man but rather she has to understand she is alive for a purpose and she deserves self fulfilment.

And by the way until someone clearly says who (I don't want to hear god again) who defined those xteristics I still remain of the idea that they are pure stereotypes and mostly negative too.

My two cents.

Why are you waiting for someone to find out for you who defined those characteristics? Don't you have legs and hands? Pure stereotypes indeed, how many women are physically stronger than a man even younger than they are? A thirty something year old woman reported on Oprah she was raped by a common fifteen year old boy.
Maybe you need to ask the following questions, why are men taller and physically stronger? Men have a heavier bone mass, you can't deny that fact.

Since you deny the christian version, then I would approach you scientifically by proposing my own theory.
Theory- There's a relationship between physical strength and superiority.
Hypothesis- If you are stronger than the other person, then you are more likely to be superior.
Example- Going by the theory of survival of the fittest which is displayed between animals, the first man and woman would have fought to determine who is stronger and someone must have won. The woman did not win. live with it.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 6:05pm On Feb 01, 2008
Since you deny the christian version, then I would approach you scientifically by proposing my own theory.
Theory- There's a relationship between physical strength and superiority.
Hypothesis- If you are stronger than the other person, then you are more likely to be superior.
Example- Going by the theory of survival of the fittest which is displayed between animals, the first man and woman would have fought to determine who is stronger and someone must have won. The woman did not win. live with it.

Correct!
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2008
I like the way Gamine is saying "You are right" "Correct" cheesy. She is contributing a lot.

@ Stillwater
I have said all I had to say and have no intention of keeping on saying what has already been said. You know how I feel about these stereotypes and as I have said exceptions break the rule.

Bye!
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2008
lol

ive said all i have to say

im just confirming the truth to her posts

haba!
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Dreloaded(f): 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2008
What can she contribute other than Bible versions, if you take time to notice michelin, the only posts she made that didbnt concern verses were those of her quoting other people's opinions and simply agreeing

All these what a man can do a woman can do better should not be the basis of a woman's stance, a woman should understand that she achieves greatness not to prove she's better than a man but rather she has to understand she is alive for a purpose and she deserves self fulfilment.

I agree with this however most feminist believe "What a man can do, a woman can do JUST as good" in MOST instances. Like 4Play explained if any of you actually bothered to read his comment, there ARE however extremists who want to do EVERYTHING a man does which many of us are aware isnt exactly possible. By claiming that they(feminist and the extreme femi-nazis) are all alike just shows ignorance.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2008
Whats wrong with the Bible? shocked
Whats wrong with agreeing with people shocked

But omo gurl RLoaded
u is funny!

Today i cant stop laughing!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The pack may return now o! shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Dreloaded(f): 9:50pm On Feb 01, 2008
Laughter is after all the best medicine. Have fun. cheesy
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2008
lol

oh my days

today has been tooooooooooooo funny

i will sleep well

and dream of the future where everyone is comfortable in their own skins! literally tongue
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Chacal: 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ Gamine,

You are still on this femininity schitzo?
It seems u just dont give up.

Gamine:

The pack may return now o! shocked

What pack are u talking about?
Pack of Hyenas or the pack of lobotomised apes? tongue tongue
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 11:27pm On Feb 01, 2008
Me, i can't give up on Womanhood grin grin grin grin grin

its who i am

its who your wife is! tongue

The pack, hyenas surely! grin grin grin grin
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by holythug(m): 7:36am On Feb 02, 2008
makin urself sound like a female activist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Ikoyi Registry Experience / Christian Couple Spread The Word Via Wife Swapping / Pregnancy And Labour Pains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.