Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,797 members, 7,831,579 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters (26552 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Amaechi For Minister Of Niger Delta - Egift / Picture Of Mansion Built By A Robbery Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Jarus(m): 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2012
Paul John: Good looking house.
But I wonder what's unusual in a minister building a house undecided

The house doesn't even poses the perfect quality of a standard mansion. Bring you cool cash and I'll design what a mansion is for you. wink

What we call a mansion in this part of the world is what a common draft man can design/construct sketch/draw. angry
Located in that part of Abuja, this house can't cost less than N100m. What was he doing before he became a Minister? What is his source of income? Therein lies the issue.

2 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by greaterlove(m): 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
i opened this tread expecting to see one huge mansion like that of ?? only to see this, and the location is not even in asokoro or maitaima, or even utako, but mabushi. haba Dino you really fall my hand, but come to think of it, i heard dino has a mansion in asokoro where a plot of land alone is N300m which is almost three times what you will spend to buy a land in mabushi and build a structure like this, so how did he get that kind of money? kettle calling pot black.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by greaterlove(m): 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2012
Jarus:
Located in that part of Abuja, this house can't cost less than N100m. What was he doing before he became a Minister? What is his source of income? Therein lies the issue.
that house is about N50m.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by takedat(m): 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
Its a shame the way some people are celebrating corruption. This house was said to be a gift from setraco for helping them secure a contract. So much for bribery.

2 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Gabrielsylar(m): 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
erniok:
my friend keep quiet. it is guys like you that make this country the way she is. go and read about the watergate scandal and get some education.

see dis kpata wein concern watergate with dis one...who told u watergate was a finacial scandal...........?i didnt come here to debate american politics with u ooooo
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by kinharold(m): 8:56pm On Nov 03, 2012
Instead of all this faffing about, why not approve a decent oil derivation % for oil producing states (say like 50%), and empower NDDC better to concentrate on world-class projects that benefit the entire region, rather than the present situation where they get involved in local gov't level projects like clinics, boreholes, classroom blocks, hostels, etc;
My dear, I dont know if live anywhere in the Niger Delta. This is exactly what we see here everywhere. Almighty NDDC and co engaging in construction of convent, drainage for lanes borehole etc instead of capital intensive projects that can befit the region in the long run.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by crisycent: 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
To all those hating on the minister, GUY GO BOIL MESS!!!! If police/efcc really one do their work for 9ja half of the population go dey jail.

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by ck296(f): 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2012
this house is very far from what a mansion looks like
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by erniok(m): 9:07pm On Nov 03, 2012
Gabriel_sylar:

see dis kpata wein concern watergate with dis one...who told u watergate was a finacial scandal...........?i didnt come here to debate american politics with u ooooo

stop celebrating mediocrity about the watergate scandal or where do you think the phrase" follow the money" came from and if this one is not about money, pray tell me what the fuss is all about.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Chongaiman: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2012
Back in our uni days, same Dino was impeached as our departmental association's president. Part of the allegations then included misappropriation of the association's funds. What happened to the saying that, "He without sin should cast the first stone?"
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2012
Normal House and not bad. Like 50M plus land.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
Chongaiman: Back in our uni days, same Dino was impeached as our departmental association's president. Part of the allegations then included misappropriation of the association's funds. What happened to the saying that, "He without sin should cast the first stone?"
In other words, bone the minister's lifestyle abi? And then we wonder why our leaders loot with impunity.

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Chongaiman: 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
^^^
Nope, just wondering what the intent behind the action was.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by efe2000: 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2012
even my mansion better pass this one...mtchew
LocalChamp: Anti-Corruption Activist Provides Photos Of Mansion Built For Minister Orubebe In Abuja

Posted: November 2, 2012 - 14:13

Posted by siteadmin

By SaharaReporters, New York
An anti- corruption watchdog group, Anti-Corruption Network, led by former house member Dino Melaye today provided photos of a residence it claimed was built for Nigeria's minister of the Niger Delta ministry, Elder Godsday orubebe in the Mabushi area of Abuja.

Mr. Dino stated that a construction company Setraco built and delivered the new mansion to Mr. Orubebe in less than six months after the company benefitted from contracts to build part of the East-West highway in the Delta region.

The photos taken by the group shows a mansion located on Minister's Hill area, Mabushi Abuja. Dino told Saharareporters that the offices of the group was burgled by unknown person after it revealed that Mr. Orubebe was involved in other scams totalling N29 billion in ficticious contracts.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/anti-corruption-activist-provides-photos-mansion-built-minister-orubebe-abuja
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by EfemenaXY: 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2012
Beautiful house and background setting though smiley
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Litmus: 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2012
Vintage Nigerian Kids clapping game song starts with, 'jealousy, nyerere, tanzania o'

Nigerians detests jealousy, the responses are heartening. Jealousy is near the top of the list of Humanities most insidious traits
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by orelove4liff: 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2012
erniok: it is obvious from the comments here that we have lost all morals as a people. weep my beloved country.
continue weepin my broda..u'll weep 4 life u bloody critic
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by chucky234(m): 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
Cultured: What's the big deal here . The last time I checked it's not a crime for someone to be successful in life .
It is a crime if one becomes successful in life accumulating/looting public funds,idio:t.

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Classicalman(m): 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2012
LocalChamp: Anti-Corruption Activist Provides Photos Of Mansion Built For Minister Orubebe In Abuja

Posted: November 2, 2012 - 14:13

Posted by siteadmin

By SaharaReporters, New York
An anti- corruption watchdog group, Anti-Corruption Network, led by former house member Dino Melaye today provided photos of a residence it claimed was built for Nigeria's minister of the Niger Delta ministry, Elder Godsday orubebe in the Mabushi area of Abuja.

Mr. Dino stated that a construction company Setraco built and delivered the new mansion to Mr. Orubebe in less than six months after the company benefitted from contracts to build part of the East-West highway in the Delta region.

The photos taken by the group shows a mansion located on Minister's Hill area, Mabushi Abuja. Dino told Saharareporters that the offices of the group was burgled by unknown person after it revealed that Mr. Orubebe was involved in other scams totalling N29 billion in ficticious contracts.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/anti-corruption-activist-provides-photos-mansion-built-minister-orubebe-abuja
Dino Melaye is facking with the mafia. Dem go kill am o! Anybody wey love am make im go warn am now.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by orelove4liff: 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2012
take dat: Its a shame the way some people are celebrating corruption. This house was said to be a gift by setraco for helping them secure a contract. So much for
bribery.

tender ur evidence!

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by chucky234(m): 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: Both obama and mitt spent billions of dollars on election........when the country still has huge deficit...but once sahara see house it becomes photo news...
Did Obama spend public funds on election? Clueless goon.

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by chucky234(m): 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2012
Classicalman: Dino Melaye is facking with the mafia. Dem go kill am o! Anybody wey love am make im go warn am now.
Must you quote the entire post?
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Elueme: 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2012
Does it mean that the house is too big or expensive for the minister ? Most public officer's have buildings that are more sophisticated than this.
Meanwhile , Sahara reporters portray Lies and deciet ; I don't believe this information because of its source.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by crackhouse(m): 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
and who be that guy wey dey waka for that road, na im cousin?

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by AMvanquish: 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
erniok: it is obvious from the comments here that we have lost all morals as a people. weep my beloved country.

on point

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by crackhouse(m): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2012
greaterlove:
that house is about N50m.
what about the interior?
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by AMINSCO(m): 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2012
My mansion is beta than dis.I c dis as a BQ
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by naja2: 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2012
ibedun: I am sure most of you have never built a house in your life. What you are seeing is a full fledge mansion by any standard.

The comments here is part of the reasons our polithiefs are stealing us to death
i fear for Nigerian! they love their theiving leadrs, they pray fot them, they make excuses for them, they now explain their stealing, Every Nation deserves the kind of leaders they get. Nothing can be truer, Nigerian will rather go unclad to protect yheir theiving leaders and even curse the whistle blower. I am shocked at the kind of mindset our leaders ve.

3 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Gigafx1: 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2012
undecided undecidedwats so special about dis house? An average business man can afford dis house in warri undecided undecided
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by chucky234(m): 9:50pm On Nov 03, 2012
This house might look ordinary outside but worth much more inside,I have seen a similar house worth billions but look ordinary outside.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2012
obadiah777: THAT DONT LOOK IMPRESSIVE. I AM SURE HE CAN AFFORD TO BUILD THAT ON HIS SALARY. NOT SAYING HE IS NOT A THIEF BUT THATS A REGULAR HOUSE
I think you should first of all find out the salary of a minister, you will be surprised. No minister in Nigeria can build such house if he depends on his/her salary alone. Any minister who owns this during or immediately after office has other sources of income (know that corruption is a source of income)

2 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by samkoro: 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2012
Nonsense and cheap black mail by Sahara reporters that has lost credibility because of its hatred for anything south south and south east.Sahara reporters go further to entrench the tribalistic attitude of the yoruba.Tell me,what is the big deal about a 10million naira house that could be built by a hard working taxi driver.Are u insinuating that th ministry should be scraped because the minister has a 10million naira house he got legitimately or before he even became a minister?

Sahara reporters are too stupi.d. I don't read their news any longer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015 Poll: Why I Conceded Defeat – Jonathan / Reuben Abati Asks Tinubu’s Sons To Stop Hanging Around Aso Rock / 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.