Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,495 members, 7,854,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:03 AM

Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters (26571 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Amaechi For Minister Of Niger Delta - Egift / Picture Of Mansion Built By A Robbery Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Litmus: 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2012
naja2: i fear for Nigerian! they love their theiving leadrs, they pray fot them, they make excuses for them, they now explain their stealing, Every Nation deserves the kind of leaders they get. Nothing can be truer, Nigerian will rather go unclad to protect yheir theiving leaders and even curse the whistle blower. I am shocked at the kind of mindset our leaders ve.

So do you have evidence the Minister came by this house as a result of stealing or was he charged and found guilty at the Aluu High Court

2 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by vascey(m): 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
CONJI: I know with his salary alone , he can put up something of this nature any where in the world. Let us stop back biting in this country, it did us no good. Please!

Next time use "modify"
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nickydrake(m): 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2012
Shocking, shocking responses on this thread. It doesn't seem like anyone who commented on the first page actually read the article that accompanied the photo.

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by onyeego(m): 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2012
Where is the Mansion
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by billyG(m): 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
WHY UNA DEY SPOIL MY MIND 4 NAIRALAND NA?
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by mallorca(m): 10:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
this not mansion,just a nomal house
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Litmus: 10:37pm On Nov 03, 2012
Nickydrake: Shocking, shocking responses on this thread. It doesn't seem like anyone who commented on the first page actually read the article that accompanied the photo.

You're right, didn't read the root article but on the other hand the way the post was started was misleading.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Cultured(m): 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2012
chucky234: It is a crime if one becomes successful in life accumulating/looting public funds,idio:t.

Slowpoke ! You will die wretched if you don't change your mindset. What evidence do you have to prove that he looted public funds ? An accused person remain innocent until proven guilty by competent court of law . I guess it's because you're illogical, that's why you failed to realized that majority of the people occupying ministerial positions are either successful businessmen or top career professionals, who had reached the peak in their respective vocations , before taking up ministerial appointments , so any of them owing a house of such any where should not automatically be adjudged as corrupt, save proven otherwise by competent court of law.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2012
But this house doesnt cost a fortune...Any rich Nigerian could build that house.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 03, 2012
samkoro: Nonsense and cheap black mail by Sahara reporters that has lost credibility because of its hatred for anything south south and south east.Sahara reporters go further to entrench the tribalistic attitude of the yoruba.Tell me,what is the big deal about a 10million naira house that could be built by a hard working taxi driver.Are u insinuating that th ministry should be scraped because the minister has a 10million naira house he got legitimately or before he even became a minister?

Sahara reporters are too stupi.d. I don't read their news any longer.
You call that a 10million Naira house? This has shown that you have not attempted to build a house in your life

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by b03liberty(m): 11:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
ck296: this house is very far from what a mansion looks like
exactly,,,it looks like those huts in your village

2 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: Both obama and mitt spent billions of dollars on election........when the country still has huge deficit...but once sahara see house it becomes photo news...

Imbeci*le, was it money meant for the development of Americans that was spent or was the money spent by Obama for elections spent to buy mansions and rolexes? I swear you foo*ls deserve the suffering GEJ and co continuously dish to u fu*ckas!

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by chucky234(m): 11:30pm On Nov 03, 2012
Cultured:

Slowpoke ! You will die wretched if you don't change your mindset. What evidence do you have to prove that he looted public funds ? An accused person remain innocent until proven guilty by competent court of law . I guess it's because you're illogical, that's why you failed to realized that majority of the people occupying ministerial positions are either successful businessmen or top career professionals, who has reached the peak of their callings before taking up ministerial appointments , so owing a house of such any were should not automatically be adjudged as corrupt, save proven otherwise by competent court of law.
Who is this beetle-headed,you must be out of your mind to quote me with your dumb post. What was his calling if I may ask? Since your parents failed to culture you on how to address elders I'll not hesitate to do just that,too bad you still struggle to comprehend a written text at your pathetic age.
Next time you go out of your way to quote me you will have your wretched self to blame,besotted duckling.

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Cultured(m): 11:37pm On Nov 03, 2012
chucky234: Who is this beetle-headed,you must be out of your mind to quote me with your dumb post. What was his calling if I may ask? Since your parents failed to culture you on how to address elders I'll not hesitate to do just that,too bad you still struggle to comprehend a written text at your pathetic age.
Next time you go out of your way to quote me you will have your wretched self to blame,besotted duckling.

May God punish you and your entire linage . Were you not the one that first quoted me ? For your information we are not in the same class . Dimwit!

2 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by chucky234(m): 11:46pm On Nov 03, 2012
Cultured:

May God punish you and your entire linage . Were you not the one that first quoted me ? For your information we are not in the same class . Dimwit!
And what is your class? A drowning goon talking about class on a faceless forum,you are not more than a hopeless duckling flapping its wings in a dirk filled stream.
You are right after all,we are not in same class because you belong with the bush tribe in Kenya.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Cultured(m): 11:54pm On Nov 03, 2012
chucky234: And what is your class? A drowning goon talking about class on a faceless forum,you are not more than a hopeless duckling flapping its wings in a dirk filled stream.
You are right after all,we are not in same class because you belong with the bush tribe in Kenya.

I don't like to join issues with inconsequential entity like you , maybe , your father , if responsible enough should come in your stead .
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by erniok(m): 12:07am On Nov 04, 2012
orelove4liff: continue weepin my broda..u'll weep 4 life u bloody critic
Foolish sycopant,keep on mortgaging the future of your kids for a pot of porridge.

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 04, 2012
If a minister can not afford that little house with his/her salary, then its not appealing to be a minister.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by chucky234(m): 12:21am On Nov 04, 2012
Cultured:

I don't like to join issues with inconsequential entity like you , maybe , your father , if responsible enough should come in your stead .
You have to defeat my 3yr old daughter first which I doubt,then come forward to receives 30 strokes for failing to defeat a 3yr old.
Chronic retard formed from expired spermatozoa birthed through expired pusshy
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by erniok(m): 12:29am On Nov 04, 2012
Billyonaire: If a minister can not afford that little house with his/her salary, then its not appealing to be a minister.
hope you are aware that a nigerian minister earns approx. N32m per annum and a plot of land goes for N80-100m within that area he built his house and from the look of things, that house is on nothing les than 2 plots. Now do the maths.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 04, 2012
Sahara reporters will not be happy until every govt official lives in one of these:

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by naijaspeak(m): 2:03am On Nov 04, 2012
[b]We certainly need a "Nigerian spring" in this country. This is to enable us sweep away this generations of bad leaders we have here in Nigeria. We certainly need to build Nigeria all over again as corruption has downgraded Nigeria bringing massive poverty and social frustrations. It recently took place in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen resulting in the downfall of their leaders. The Syrians are currently forcing President Bashir Al Asad to leave power. The funny thing about the arab spring is that the issues that brought about the revolution is not that their leaders are highly corrupt or their citizens are suffering poverty the type Nigerians are currently facing. Their complaint is that their leaders have ruled for so long and that they want a change in their lives. Their desire was just political change in leadership. But here in Nigeria, our problem is that we have leaders who are not prepared to ruled with the fear of God. They so much believe in stealing and all kinds of corruption.

In Nigeria, about 98 percent of our leaders are damn corrupt all swimming in dirty corruptions with choice properties not only in Nigeria but in big cities like Dubai, London, New York and South Africa. This is just to mention only a few.

Their days are most certainly numbered as a revolutions is getting close.

Time is coming when the youth of this country will start a revolution that will end all this bitter years of our history.

As for the Minister of the Niger Delta, Mr Godsday Orubebe he can not deny the fact that he is corrupt. The properties he acquired are just loot from the funds allocated to his ministry to develop the Niger delta. I think the most honourable thing for Mr Orubebe to do is to resign in the wake of this accusation which have been levelled against him if he believe he is serving the people and not himself.

Many Ijaws and other natives from other parts of the country are suffering as a result of their flood ravage community. But Mr Orubebe, did little or nothing about their sufferings.

Worst and most embarrasing is the fact that President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan choose to pretend that he is not aware of the corruption leveled against his ministers and personal aids.

If President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is serious about development he should merge some of this ministries and parastatal as they are just money drainer. Nigeria should also do away with this culture of setting up two minister for one job. Why should we have minister for education and minister for state for education? Minister for health and minister of state for health. I think one minister can do all this jobs. It is just an avenue to waste money.

Take for example, what is the purpose of creating the office call chief of staff. All our governor have chief of staff and President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan also have chief of staff in the person of Mr Mike Ogiadomhe. This is all avenue for wastefulness and embezzlement.

Just recently the IMF advised Nigeria to stopping wasting the money we get from oil and gas. I think this information from the IMF came rather too later. The advise should have been given about 20 years back. We have indeed been wasting our money since independence.

By being wasteful also means we create a cheap avenue for corrupt officers of Nigeria to steal our money. The IMF know the right word to describe the Nigerian government which is "corruption " but they do not want to engage Nigerian leaders and politician in a show of words that is why they use the word "wasting of money.

Please know that the world bank and IMF know that our political class are all swimming in corruptions. Know that Minister Godsday Orubebe is just stealing the funds of his Ministry to enable him acquire ill-gotten wealth for himself, family, friends and associates.

Minister Orubebe also wants to contest the Governorship election of Delta state come 2015. This is a person who have not even achieve any success in the Niger delta as minister. His constituency are not even happy with him as he has not been able to utilise the funds coming to his ministry for the much needed development of infrastructure in the Niger delta. But I blame former President Olusegun Obasanjo who so much believe that President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan can perform as a Vice President. But now we can see that he is a failure. The Minister of the Niger Delta, Mr Godsday Orubebe should realise that his days are numbered and that he can not go scot-free. Nemesis will certainly catch up with him if not now but much later

Does Minister Orubebe realise that power will not last forever. Does he realise that the ijaw land that he came from his a difficult terrain that require so much effort to develop. But he seems to engage himself in corruption instead of drawing up a masterplan for development of the niger delta.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by JoeBatters: 2:26am On Nov 04, 2012
Bleep SaharaReporters n their Bullshit.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by obailala(m): 2:29am On Nov 04, 2012
LocalChamp: Anti-Corruption Activist Provides Photos Of Mansion Built For Minister Orubebe In Abuja

Posted: November 2, 2012 - 14:13

Posted by siteadmin

By SaharaReporters, New York
An anti- corruption watchdog group, Anti-Corruption Network, led by former house member Dino Melaye today provided photos of a residence it claimed was built for Nigeria's minister of the Niger Delta ministry, Elder Godsday orubebe in the Mabushi area of Abuja.

Mr. Dino stated that a construction company Setraco built and delivered the new mansion to Mr. Orubebe in less than six months after the company benefitted from contracts to build part of the East-West highway in the Delta region.

The photos taken by the group shows a mansion located on Minister's Hill area, Mabushi Abuja. Dino told Saharareporters that the offices of the group was burgled by unknown person after it revealed that Mr. Orubebe was involved in other scams totalling N29 billion in ficticious contracts.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/anti-corruption-activist-provides-photos-mansion-built-minister-orubebe-abuja
Nigeria is really in deep shit with the kind of reasoning we have as a people. No wonder our leaders will continue to take us for fools. I wonder why hardly anyone has bothered to comment on the bolded part of the message or am I the only one seeing it.

[size=14pt]A serving minister receives a house GIFT from a known government contractor[/size]; I would have expected the argument on this thread to be whether this piece of information is true or false but instead what do we get
"...that house is too small/trashy to be called a mansion,"
"...the man's salary is enough to build a house like that"
"...Dino Melaye again!. . Dino used to be a crook, so he must be fighting for his pocket"
"...Dino should go and take responsibility of his numerous unborn children"
"...Sahara reporters will not be happy until every govt official lives in HUTS"
Someone also foolishly says "my own house is even bigger than this BQ" etc.

Maybe I haven't searched the thread properly but I'm not sure anyone has asked the necessary questions that should be asked or is it that nobody read the article that followed the picture?. How petty can we possibly be as a people? talking about PEOPLE when we should be talking about ISSUES.

Anyway, how can you possibly blame Pst. Bakare when he said "it takes fools to be ruled by idiots"

2 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by ireneidiva(f): 2:30am On Nov 04, 2012
[quote
author=CONJI]I know with his salary alone , he can put up something of
this nature any where in the world. Let us stop back biting in this
country, it did us no good. Please![/quote]
'it did us no good'. GOD!
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 4:30am On Nov 04, 2012
LocalChamp: Anti-Corruption Activist Provides Photos Of Mansion Built For Minister Orubebe In Abuja

Posted by siteadmin

An anti- corruption watchdog group, Anti-Corruption Network, led by former house member Dino Melaye today provided photos of a residence it claimed was built for Nigeria's minister of the Niger Delta ministry, Elder Godsday orubebe in the Mabushi area of Abuja.

Mr. Dino stated that a construction company Setraco built and delivered the new mansion to Mr. Orubebe in less than six months after the company benefitted from contracts to build part of the East-West highway in the Delta region.

The photos taken by the group shows a mansion located on Minister's Hill area, Mabushi Abuja. Dino told Saharareporters that the offices of the group was burgled by unknown person after it revealed that Mr. Orubebe was involved in other scams totalling N29 billion in ficticious contracts.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/anti-corruption-activist-provides-photos-mansion-built-minister-orubebe-abuja

Seriously? This is mansion? Wow then I live in a heavension
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 4:30am On Nov 04, 2012

Posted by siteadmin

Seriously? This is a mansion? Wow then I live in a heavension then.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by valdubem(m): 5:55am On Nov 04, 2012
greaterlove:
that house is about N50m.

Shut up! No be only 50m, na 20k. Okpokiri
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by valdubem(m): 6:04am On Nov 04, 2012
koastar:
I think you should first of all find out the salary of a minister, you will be surprised. No minister in Nigeria can build such house if he depends on his/her salary alone. Any minister who owns this during or immediately after office has other sources of income (know that corruption is a source of income)

Orubebe was a successful bizman before becoming a minister, so quit all these ur petty talk
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by garrigangster: 6:28am On Nov 04, 2012
naijaspeak: [b]We certainly need a "Nigerian spring" in this country. This is to enable us sweep away this generations of bad leaders we have here in Nigeria. We certainly need to build Nigeria all over again as corruption has downgraded Nigeria bringing massive poverty and social frustrations. It recently took place in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen resulting in the downfall of their leaders. The Syrians are currently forcing President Bashir Al Asad to leave power. The funny thing about the arab spring is that the issues that brought about the revolution is not that their leaders are highly corrupt or their citizens are suffering poverty the type Nigerians are currently facing. Their complaint is that their leaders have ruled for so long and that they want a change in their lives. Their desire was just political change in leadership. But here in Nigeria, our problem is that we have leaders who are not prepared to ruled with the fear of God. They so much believe in stealing and all kinds of corruption.

In Nigeria, about 98 percent of our leaders are damn corrupt all swimming in dirty corruptions with choice properties not only in Nigeria but in big cities like Dubai, London, New York and South Africa. This is just to mention only a few.

Their days are most certainly numbered as a revolutions is getting close.

Time is coming when the youth of this country will start a revolution that will end all this bitter years of our history.

As for the Minister of the Niger Delta, Mr Godsday Orubebe he can not deny the fact that he is corrupt. The properties he acquired are just loot from the funds allocated to his ministry to develop the Niger delta. I think the most honourable thing for Mr Orubebe to do is to resign in the wake of this accusation which have been levelled against him if he believe he is serving the people and not himself.

Many Ijaws and other natives from other parts of the country are suffering as a result of their flood ravage community. But Mr Orubebe, did little or nothing about their sufferings.

Worst and most embarrasing is the fact that President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan choose to pretend that he is not aware of the corruption leveled against his ministers and personal aids.

If President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is serious about development he should merge some of this ministries and parastatal as they are just money drainer. Nigeria should also do away with this culture of setting up two minister for one job. Why should we have minister for education and minister for state for education? Minister for health and minister of state for health. I think one minister can do all this jobs. It is just an avenue to waste money.

Take for example, what is the purpose of creating the office call chief of staff. All our governor have chief of staff and President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan also have chief of staff in the person of Mr Mike Ogiadomhe. This is all avenue for wastefulness and embezzlement.

Just recently the IMF advised Nigeria to stopping wasting the money we get from oil and gas. I think this information from the IMF came rather too later. The advise should have been given about 20 years back. We have indeed been wasting our money since independence.

By being wasteful also means we create a cheap avenue for corrupt officers of Nigeria to steal our money. The IMF know the right word to describe the Nigerian government which is "corruption " but they do not want to engage Nigerian leaders and politician in a show of words that is why they use the word "wasting of money.

Please know that the world bank and IMF know that our political class are all swimming in corruptions. Know that Minister Godsday Orubebe is just stealing the funds of his Ministry to enable him acquire ill-gotten wealth for himself, family, friends and associates.

Minister Orubebe also wants to contest the Governorship election of Delta state come 2015. This is a person who have not even achieve any success in the Niger delta as minister. His constituency are not even happy with him as he has not been able to utilise the funds coming to his ministry for the much needed development of infrastructure in the Niger delta. But I blame former President Olusegun Obasanjo who so much believe that President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan can perform as a Vice President. But now we can see that he is a failure. The Minister of the Niger Delta, Mr Godsday Orubebe should realise that his days are numbered and that he can not go scot-free. Nemesis will certainly catch up with him if not now but much later

Does Minister Orubebe realise that power will not last forever. Does he realise that the ijaw land that he came from his a difficult terrain that require so much effort to develop. But he seems to engage himself in corruption instead of drawing up a masterplan for development of the niger delta.
[/b]
Epistle of John
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by philips70(m): 6:50am On Nov 04, 2012
Jarus:
Located in that part of Abuja, this house can't cost less than N100m. What was he doing before he became a Minister? What is his source of income? Therein lies the issue.

Your estate value senses need sharpening o. The land alone is worth more than that N100M you mentioned. And with majority of the comments here we are forever doomed in the corridors of these looters. SMH

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by philips70(m): 7:04am On Nov 04, 2012
val_dubem:

Orubebe was a successful bizman before becoming a minister, so quit all these ur petty talk

I hear you. Next time I get around the house he owned in PTI road Warri before he went into active politics I will snap it and post it here for all to see. Successful businessman indeed! Up till now the real road that leads to that house is not motor-able. I know what I am speaking, he was in my neighborhood before I moved. Even as corrupt as Italians look, ministers live in rented apartments with co-tenants. As long as we continue to feel our public servants deserve some kind of better living conditions than the ordinary people, solutions to our problems will remain a Utopian venture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose Sacks All Commissioners In Ekiti / 87-Year-Old Senator Cyrus Nunieh Defends His Wedding To Rosemary Ijeoma / Gov. Amaechi Observing Palm Sunday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.