Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group (20079 Views)

Eleven Dies As Truck Rams Into Ondo Market / "President Jonathan Is Chairman Of Boko Haram" - Maiduguri Truck Drivers To BBC / Female LAWMA Truck Drivers : Iyawo Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 04, 2012
REASONS WHY PHD IS A WASTE OF TIME >>>>>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX70sfKawXE
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by olapluto(m): 1:26am On Nov 04, 2012
Either Dangote is a LIAR or the PhD holders applied for another position within the company. It defeats the meaning of PhD to be driving trucks. A phD should mean you're a demi-god in your field. A properly done phD will make you an authority of sort. You CANNOT lack job. Except in Nigeria, people get PhD by marking undergraduate student works and butt-licking professors around.
A properly done PhD will have taken at least 3 years of hard work and research. You conclude with a 70,000 ish word write-up on your work. Anyone who has done so much extensive work and then decides to go back to the brain draining truck driving shame of Dangote shouldnt be taken serious.
Dangote truck driving scheme is a big dent on Nigeria and it is exposing the sorry state of our nation.
Dangote can do a Truck Driving apprenticeship program. He can recruit secondary school leavers and train them to be good truck drivers. He only went to BSc and MBA level because Nigeria is flooded with all sorts of BSc holders who are not up to standard. It is a big shame.

2 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by olapluto(m): 1:36am On Nov 04, 2012
obadiah777: REASONS WHY PHD IS A WASTE OF TIME >>>>>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX70sfKawXE
He wears suit, he talks nonsense (typical). He doesnt even understand what a PhD is. As someone in science and at the very cutting edge, I tell you that the world cannot advance without PhDs. It is only a narrow minded thinker that sees PhD as only needed in academia. PhD is about innovation. If Dangote's PhD holders actually carried out a proper research with a meaningful conclusion, then they have a source of livelihood for a long time. What did they do their PhD in? Do they have publications? Why havent they carried their research further? Why decide to go and kill their braincells behind the wheel on the Nigerian highway?
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by LFJ: 1:37am On Nov 04, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Absolute rubbish. PhDs from America, Turkey, Iran, Ghana, Nigeria, India and so on. The level of ignorance on this site stinks. If you don't know the facts, don't type.

You know who is displaying ignorance. I guess you are one of the people with fake Phd that is using it to drive taxi in US. Go home to tell this to those who patronize or relied on you for their news.

1 Like

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by LFJ: 1:43am On Nov 04, 2012
tpia1:

phds from nigeria who are in nigeria, generally get jobs, to the best of my knowledge.

at least, then, dont know about now.

most phds even from elsewhere, who are in nigeria, also tend to get jobs within their fields, even if they're not millionaires.

My sister, I know that, even as worst as our system is, our Phd still get lecturing job. I am only responding to the fake information Mr ROSSIKE is given to us
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 1:50am On Nov 04, 2012
ola_pluto:
He wears suit, he talks nonsense (typical). He doesnt even understand what a PhD is. As someone in science and at the very cutting edge, I tell you that the world cannot advance without PhDs. It is only a narrow minded thinker that sees PhD as only needed in academia. PhD is about innovation. If Dangote's PhD holders actually carried out a proper research with a meaningful conclusion, then they have a source of livelihood for a long time. What did they do their PhD in? Do they have publications? Why havent they carried their research further? Why decide to go and kill their braincells behind the wheel on the Nigerian highway?
phd is a waste of time. all the innovators in this world are college dropouts. most phd holders are block-heads. thats why they hid in academia for so long. too scared to tackle the real world

inovations are inherent in people. a teenage boy just made an app that is going to make him millions of pounds, the bill gates of this world saw academia as a waste of time. you africans need to get over this hardon you have for useless degrees

2 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by ektbear: 1:51am On Nov 04, 2012
I guess this is the danger of getting advanced degrees and not being able to access the additional opportunities they are supposed to give you.

People will view you as overqualified for ordinary positions.
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by olapluto(m): 1:57am On Nov 04, 2012
obadiah777: phd is a waste of time. all the innovators in this world are college dropouts. most phd holders are block-heads. thats why they hid in academia for so long. too scared to tackle the real world
You're the kind of person I listen to in a barber's shop and wont respond to. How intelligent is that bolded part? The mobile phone that rings and you press the green button is the cumulative work of researchers. The touch screen is not the idea of a college drop-out. Can a dropout formulate anti-cancer drugs? can a college dropout design artificial intelligence machines? Unfortunately we hear the hollywood story of some dropouts who have idea, but get developed by PhD holders.

5 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 2:04am On Nov 04, 2012
ola_pluto:
You're the kind of person I listen to in a barber's shop and wont respond to. How intelligent is that bolded part? The mobile phone that rings and you press the green button is the cumulative work of researchers. The touch screen is not the idea of a college drop-out. Can a dropout formulate anti-cancer drugs? can a college dropout design artificial intelligence machines? Unfortunately we hear the hollywood story of some dropouts who have idea, but get developed by PhD holders.
the proof is in the pudding. all phd holders are nerdy losers. the real innovators dont need college, talk less of donkey years in college to shine. take that how you may. the truth is the truth. the world is the evidence.

anti-cancer drugs ? there is no cure for the damn thing. so much for your phd losers

all the artificial intelligence machines are designed in china by high school kids

you know what your problem is ? while the rest of the world have wisened up to the fact that vocation studies is the way to go, you africans still clutch desperately to your phds but not as a means to innovate but as a social status symbol. thats the only reason you get it

2 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by mactonnyso: 2:15am On Nov 04, 2012
does phd alone put food on your table?

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 04, 2012
college dropouts

steve jobs APPLE
bill gates MICROSOFT
mark zuckerberg FACEBOOK
lawrence ellison ORACLE
micheal dell DELL COMPUTERS
ted turner COMMUNICATIONS
ralph lauren FASHION
John d rockefeller PHILANTROPIST

do they come any bigger than these ?

phd is for losers who cant think for themselves. FACT

3 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 2:26am On Nov 04, 2012
obadiah777: college dropouts

steve jobs APPLE
bill gates MICROSOFT
mark zuckerberg FACEBOOK
lawrence ellison ORACLE
micheal dell DELL COMPUTERS
ted turner COMMUNICATIONS
ralph lauren FASHION
hohn d rockefeller PHILANTROPIST

do they come any bigger than these ?

phd is for losers who cant think for themselves. FACT

Why are all these "drop outs" not employing "drop outs" in their respective companies? Why do they go to Ivy Leagues to recruit the best of the best?

2 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 2:27am On Nov 04, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Why are all these "drop outs" not employing "drop outs" in their respective companies? Why do they go to Ivy Leagues to recruit the best of the best?
THEY GO TO IVY LEAGUE NOT TO RECRUIT PHDS. THEY GO THERE TO RECRUIT AND POACH YOUNG BRIGHT MINDS LIKE THEMSELVES. NOBODY RECRUITS OR POACHES PHDS.

4 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by moonraker(m): 2:34am On Nov 04, 2012
obadiah777: nothing to do with your country. the phd holder is the problem. he cant apply his knowledge to create business ? wtf ? africans sef. no critical thinking. na just to read and regurgitate and then look for job

Pls dont embarrass yourself on this public platform..

the creation of business your talking about here requires capital.

What if the capital involved isnt available?? Besides, having a masters

MBA or phd in nigeria doesnt mean shit 80% of the time if you do not have

a long leg!!!
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 04, 2012
obadiah777: THEY GO TO IVY LEAGUE NOT TO RECRUIT PHDS. THEY GO THERE TO RECRUIT AND POACH YOUNG BRIGHT MINDS LIKE THEMSELVES. NOBODY RECRUITS OR POACHES PHDS.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claims? How do you then explain PhD holders working in these companies? How did they get in?

1 Like

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 2:40am On Nov 04, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Do you have any evidence to back up your claims? How do you then explain PhD holders working in these companies? How did they get in?
BRAH ? IN SILICONE VALLEY NOBODY RECRUITS PHDS. PHDS HAVE A SET MIND. THEY ARE NOT MALLEABLE AND DUCTILE. THEY ARE WHAT IS CALLED FUDDY DUDDY. PHDS ARE ABSOLUTELY USELESS IN INNOVATIVE CUTTING EDGE DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENTS. ALL THEY ARE GOOD FOR IS ACADEMIA. CHECK THIS OUT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_dropout_billionaires

ANYONE WHO WASTES THAT MUCH TIME IN COLLEGE NEVER HAD A DESIRE OR DRIVE OR BURNING IDEA THAT THEY WANTED TO SHOWCASE TO THE WORLD

1 Like

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by NegroNtns(m): 2:45am On Nov 04, 2012
Somebody said obtaining phd is a waste of time. Who is that? Identify yourself......raise your hand so i can spit in your face. yeye.
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 2:45am On Nov 04, 2012
obadiah777: BRAH ? IN SILICONE VALLEY NOBODY RECRUITS PHDS. PHDS HAVE A SET MIND. THEY ARE NOT MALLEABLE AND DUCTILE. THEY ARE WHAT IS CALLED FUDDY DUDDY. PHDS ARE ABSOLUTELY USELESS IN INNOVATIVE CUTTING EDGE DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENTS. ALL THEY ARE GOOD FOR IS ACADEMIA. CHECK THIS OUT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_dropout_billionaires

ANYONE WHO WASTES THAT MUCH TIME IN COLLEGE NEVER HAD A DESIRE OR DRIVE OR BURNING IDEA THAT THEY WANTED TO SHOWCASE TO THE WORLD

Obadaih, I am not interested in beer parlour gossip. I am not interested in how many drop outs who are making it. I want you to just supply evidence to back up this statement: phd is for losers who cant think for themselves. FACT If you don't have evidence, be bold to say so, if you do, what are you waiting for? Supply it.
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 2:47am On Nov 04, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Somebody said obtaining phd is a waste of time. Who is that? Identify yourself......raise your hand so i can spit in your face. yeye.

IF YOUR FUTURE IS ACADEMIA, IT IS NOT A WASTE OF TIME. ANYTHING ELSE ? IT IS ISNT IT ?
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 2:48am On Nov 04, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Obadaih, I am not interested in beer parlour gossip. I am not interested in how many drop outs who are making it. I want you to just supply evidence to back up this statement: phd is for losers who cant think for themselves. FACT If you don't have evidence, be bold to say so, if you do, what are you waiting for? Supply it.
THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING. ALL THESE PHDS APPLYING TO DRIVE DANGOTES TRUCK grin grin grin grin THATS ALL THE EVIDENCE YOU NEED BRAH
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by olapluto(m): 2:54am On Nov 04, 2012
obadiah777: the proof is in the pudding. all phd holders are nerdy losers. the real innovators dont need college, talk less of donkey years in college to shine. take that how you may. the truth is the truth. the world is the evidence.

anti-cancer drugs ? there is no cure for the damn thing. so much for your phd losers

all the artificial intelligence machines are designed in china by high school kids

you know what your problem is ? while the rest of the world have wisened up to the fact that vocation studies is the way to go, you africans still clutch desperately to your phds but not as a means to innovate but as a social status symbol. thats the only reason you get it
You're just throwing inaccuracies all over the place. Yes there are Anti Cancer drugs. Yes there are over 100 PhDs currently going on in various aspects of improving cancer treatment. Yes Phds currently going on in AI.
The world simply CANNOT move forward without PhDs. Israel vs Iran is really not BiBi vs Ahmedinijad. It is Israel's PhD vs Iran PhD. When you get to the interphase of world development, where things really happen, you will only see PhD there. How did computers drop in size from the one a room extra large mini memory gadget to a palm size I can walk around with? Answer: PhD.
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 3:01am On Nov 04, 2012
ola_pluto:
You're just throwing inaccuracies all over the place. Yes there are Anti Cancer drugs. Yes there are over 100 PhDs currently going on in various aspects of improving cancer treatment. Yes Phds currently going on in AI.
The world simply CANNOT move forward without PhDs. Israel vs Iran is really not BiBi vs Ahmedinijad. It is Israel's PhD vs Iran PhD. When you get to the interphase of world development, where things really happen, you will only see PhD there. How did computers drop in size from the one a room extra large mini memory gadget to a palm size I can walk around with? Answer: PhD.
BULLCRAP. DID YOU SEE THE LIST OF COMPUTER INNOVATORS ? APPLE DELL MISCROSOFT ? ALL COLLEGE DROPOUTS. LISTEN, ITS ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT PHD IS REGARDED. IN MOST JOBS IN AMERICA OR BRITAIN THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE OVER-QUALIFIED. NOBODY WANTS PHDS BUT ACADEMIA. ITS ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT IT IS SEEN AS A STATUS SYMBOL. ALL OVER THE CIVILIZED WORLD YOU GET NO RESPECT WITH A PHD. 90 PERCENT OF JOBS IN THE WEST REQUIRE YOUNG BRIGHT MINDS OR EXPERIENCE. AS A PHD IN THE WEST YOUR OPTIONS IS NEXT TO ZERO. ITS AN AFRICAN EGO THING. IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD ? YOU ARE LOOKED AS AS A LOSER PROFESSOR TYPE
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 3:03am On Nov 04, 2012
obadiah777: THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING. ALL THESE PHDS APPLYING TO DRIVE DANGOTES TRUCK grin grin grin grin

Desist from making statements that you cannot back up with cogent reasons. For one drop out that is making it, do you know how many that are struggling to survive in life? Do you know some jobs are reserved exclusively for PhD in some companies?

If you show more promise, I can raise the level of this debate to discuss why Japan in the late 80s/early 90 deliberately designed programmes to stimulate interests of her citizens in doctoral studies. I can show why the West is concerned that amount of PhD being granted in China is growing each year.
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 3:09am On Nov 04, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Desist from making statements that you cannot back up with cogent reasons. For one drop out that is making it, do you know how many that are struggling to survive in life? Do you know some jobs are reserved exclusively for PhD in some companies?

If you show more promise, I can raise the level of this debate to discuss why Japan in the late 80s/early 90 deliberately designed programmes to stimulate interests of her citizens in doctoral studies. I can show why the West is concerned that amount of PhD being granted in China is growing each year.

BRAH ? I HAVE LIVED IN THE WEST MOST OF MY LIFE. AMERICA AND BRITAIN TO BE SPECIFIC. I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE. PHD IS ONLY REGARDED IN AFRICA BY AFRICANS. IN THE WEST, MOST JOBS YOU HAVE TO PRETEND THAT YOU DONT HAVE IT CUZ THEY FEEL LIKE YOU ARE SET IN YOUR WAYS. ONLY ACADEMIA WELCOMES PHDS. BOTTOMLINE ? ONLY GET PHD IF YOUR FUTURE IS ACADEMIA OR IF YOU HANG WITH NIGERIANS WHO ARE STILL CAUGHT UP IN RESPECTING PEOPLE WITH PHD. ME MYSELF ? IF YOU TELL ME YOU HAVE A PHD I WILL TELL YOU TO GO WIPE YOUR AZZ WITH THAT PHD CERTIFICATE grin grin grin HAVING SAID THAT I AM NOT YOUR REGULAR NIGERIAN. I AM NOT IMPRESSED BY CERTIFICATES OR WEALTH. I AM IMPRESSED BY THE AURA PEOPLE HAVE. THE WAY YOU CARRY YOURSELF, YOUR SPEECH, YOUR DICTION, THE WAY YOU CONDUCT YOURSELF, YOUR AURA, YOUR NON-CONFORMITY---THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT IMPRESS ME
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by OilCabal: 3:14am On Nov 04, 2012
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by olapluto(m): 3:20am On Nov 04, 2012
obadiah777: BRAH ? I HAVE LIVED IN THE WEST MOST OF MY LIFE. AMERICA AND BRITAIN TO BE SPECIFIC. I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE. PHD IS ONLY REGARDED IN AFRICA BY AFRICANS. IN THE WEST, MOST JOBS YOU HAVE TO PRETEND THAT YOU DONT HAVE IT CUZ THEY FEEL LIKE YOU ARE SET IN YOUR WAYS. ONLY ACADEMIA WELCOMES PHDS. BOTTOMLINE ? ONLY GET PHD IF YOUR FUTURE IS ACADEMIA OR IF YOU HANG WITH NIGERIANS WHO ARE STILL CAUGHT UP IN RESPECTING PEOPLE WITH PHD. ME MYSELF ? IF YOU TELL ME YOU HAVE A PHD I WILL TELL YOU TO GO WIPE YOUR AZZ WITH THAT PHD CERTIFICATE grin grin grin HAVING SAID THAT I AM NOT YOUR REGULAR NIGERIAN. I AM NOT IMPRESSED BY CERTIFICATES OR WEALTH. I AM IMPRESSED BY THE AURA PEOPLE HAVE. THE WAY YOU CARRY YOURSELF, YOUR SPEECH, YOUR DICTION, THE WAY YOU CONDUCT YOURSELF, YOUR AURA, YOUR NON-CONFORMITY---THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT IMPRESS ME
OK I have lived and worked in Britain and I disagree with you sir! I have worked in R&grin and I can assure you they have a lot of PhD holders working for them. I worked in a team of 6, with 4 of us having PhD and post doc experience of over 3-10 years. I doubt if the company can move forward if PhD holders dont hold so much role. I can safely tell you that over 60% of people working in that R&grin are PhD holders. about 20% of the remaining are experienced researchers with at least MSc. The remaining few are fresh grads undergoing training. Forget the hollywood stories of bill gates, steve job et al. Their companies are nothing without the researchers working day and night to improve them. Imagine if iPhone was still its model of 4 years ago? Researches are still on going to improve it. Obadiah, you need to stick to the facts on ground. If you do not know the facts, its better to go sleep.
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by malele(m): 3:23am On Nov 04, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

While i agree with you on that statement, i refuse to attribute the report here as an indicator of failure.

Academic qualification is not a measure of manhood. It is necessary and important to have good education and professional expertise but far more important is the need to continue to dignify one's manhood. A gainful employment and income is nedded to achieve ghat.

We copy everyghing from US and Europe dont we? In both countries college graduates drive trucks. In a capitalist society poverty does not recognise college degree. Nigeria has chosen to live by American styled democracy, its time we accept American styled capitalist expectations. Its all about productivity and factors of generating revenue and profit.....nobody should give a hoot about a degree holder hauling cement or cattle across the country roads.

There is problem in this country ,A PHD and masters holder applied as a truck driver in a country and u don't see anything wrong with it.

1 Like

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 3:24am On Nov 04, 2012
ola_pluto:
OK I have lived and worked in Britain and I disagree with you sir! I have worked in R&grin and I can assure you they have a lot of PhD holders working for them. I worked in a team of 6, with 4 of us having PhD and post doc experience of over 3-10 years. I doubt if the company can move forward if PhD holders dont hold so much role. I can safely tell you that over 60% of people working in that R&grin are PhD holders. about 20% of the remaining are experienced researchers with at least MSc. The remaining few are fresh grads undergoing training. Forget the hollywood stories of bill gates, steve job et al. Their companies are nothing without the researchers working day and night to improve them. Imagine if iPhone was still its model of 4 years ago? Researches are still on going to improve it. Obadiah, you need to stick to the facts on ground. If you do not know the facts, its better to go sleep.
KEEP ON LIVING IN DENIAL BRAH. YOU KNOW DAMN WELL YOU DONT WORK IN NO COMPANY WITH PHDS IN BRITAIN. THATS LIES. BRITAIN IS A COUNTRY THAT IS NOTORIOUSLY BUILT ON EXPERIENCE. EVEN HAVING A MSC IN BRITAIN IS OVER QUALIFIED IN 90 PERCENT OF THE JOBS IN THE COUNTRY. YOU BETTER COME CORRECT AND STOP LYING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER BRAH grin grin
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by olapluto(m): 3:29am On Nov 04, 2012
obadiah777: KEEP ON LIVING IN DENIAL BRAH. YOU KNOW DAMN WELL YOU DONT WORK IN NO COMPANY WITH PHDS IN BRITAIN. THATS LIES. BRITAIN IS A COUNTRY THAT IS NOTORIOUSLY BUILT ON EXPERIENCE. EVEN HAVING A MSC IN BRITAIN IS OVER QUALIFIED IN 90 PERCENT OF THE JOBS IN THE COUNTRY. YOU BETTER COME CORRECT AND STOP LYING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER BRAH grin grin
I rest my case with you! Go to any company with active R& D and see for yourself. Your opinion is yours all day.

1 Like

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 3:31am On Nov 04, 2012
ola_pluto:
I rest my case with you! Go to any company with active R& D and see for yourself. Your opinion is yours all day.
YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH. LIKE I ALWAYS SAY, WIPE YO AZZ WITH THAT PHD CERTIFICATE grin grin
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 04, 2012
obadiah777: BRAH ? I HAVE LIVED IN THE WEST MOST OF MY LIFE. AMERICA AND BRITAIN TO BE SPECIFIC. I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE. PHD IS ONLY REGARDED IN AFRICA BY AFRICANS. IN THE WEST, MOST JOBS YOU HAVE TO PRETEND THAT YOU DONT HAVE IT CUZ THEY FEEL LIKE YOU ARE SET IN YOUR WAYS. ONLY ACADEMIA WELCOMES PHDS. BOTTOMLINE ? ONLY GET PHD IF YOUR FUTURE IS ACADEMIA OR IF YOU HANG WITH NIGERIANS WHO ARE STILL CAUGHT UP IN RESPECTING PEOPLE WITH PHD. ME MYSELF ? IF YOU TELL ME YOU HAVE A PHD I WILL TELL YOU TO GO WIPE YOUR AZZ WITH THAT PHD CERTIFICATE grin grin grin HAVING SAID THAT I AM NOT YOUR REGULAR NIGERIAN. I AM NOT IMPRESSED BY CERTIFICATES OR WEALTH. I AM IMPRESSED BY THE AURA PEOPLE HAVE. THE WAY YOU CARRY YOURSELF, YOUR SPEECH, YOUR DICTION, THE WAY YOU CONDUCT YOURSELF, YOUR AURA, YOUR NON-CONFORMITY---THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT IMPRESS ME

grin grin grin Obadiah777, I am not interested in your personality, what you like or dislike. I am interested in you presenting a coherent argument borne out of a coherent thought process. Something that has a logical flow pattern. You made a statement you termed a fact: phd is for losers who cant think for themselves. FACT You have not been able to justify this statement. All you have been doing is supplying the list of billionaires that are drop outs. You don't even supply the statistical details so we can start encouraging children the world over to even shun schools since drop outs are more likely to make it.

I ask you again, how is it a fact that PhD is for losers who can't think for themselves?

As if that was not enough, you made another assertion without any proof: NOBODY RECRUITS OR POACHES PHDS. But you have not been able to explain why we have some PhD in many companies and why some companies reserved positions exclusively for PhD holders. All you are doing is regurgitating a list of drop outs on Wikipedia. Obadiah777, can you expalain why some companies reserved slots exclusively for PhDs?

What do you mean by this: "I HAVE LIVED IN THE WEST MOST OF MY LIFE. AMERICA AND BRITAIN TO BE SPECIFIC. I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE." ? Do you have a PhD? What experience are you referring to? If you have lived in England and US, what about folks who have lived in Germany, Holland, England, US, Canada but still do not share your views? That you have lived in the countries mentioned does not confer the garb of authenticity or flawlessness on your assertions.

Diction is a function of mastery of a particular language, it's not a function of how intelligent one is or not. For instance, someone might have a superb diction in Yoruba but terribly poor in English. It has nothing to do essentially with your being. If you are a native speaker of any language, you ll use the right word at the right time almost every time. The way one conducts oneself has no definition. For instance, a thief will likely like a thief or admire a fellow thief for being not a conformist to societal norms and standards. All these stuffs that are of paramount interests to you are neither here nor there. It depends on your definition of what is good, bad, acceptable or unacceptable.

Like I stated earlier, desist from making statements you have no means of substantiating or backing up with piece(s) of evidence. If you make a statement that seems to be false in a public forum, you ll most likely be asked to substantiate. SO provide proofs to back your claims.

3 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 3:46am On Nov 04, 2012
Prof Corruption:

grin grin grin Obadiah777, I am not interested in your personality, what you like or dislike. I am interested in you presenting a coherent argument borne out of a coherent thought process. Something that has a logical flow pattern. You made a statement you termed a fact: phd is for losers who cant think for themselves. FACT You have not been able to justify this statement. All you have been doing is supplying the list of billionaires that are drop outs. You don't even supply the statistical details so we can start encouraging children the world over to even shun schools since drop outs are more likely to make it.

I ask you again, how is it a fact that PhD is for losers who can't think for themselves?

As if that was not enough, you made another assertion without any proof: NOBODY RECRUITS OR POACHES PHDS. But you have not been able to explain why we have some PhD in many companies and why some companies reserved positions exclusively for PhD holders. All you are doing is regurgitating a list of drop outs on Wikipedia. Obadiah777, can you expalain why some companies reserved slots exclusively for PhDs?

What do you mean by this: "I HAVE LIVED IN THE WEST MOST OF MY LIFE. AMERICA AND BRITAIN TO BE SPECIFIC. I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE." ? Do you have a PhD? What experience are you referring to? If you have lived in England and US, what about folks who have lived in Germany, Holland, England, US, Canada but still do not share your views? That you have lived in the countries mentioned does not confer the garb of authenticity or flawlessness on your assertions.

Diction is a function of mastery of a particular language, it's not a function of how intelligent one is or not. For instance, someone might have a superb diction in Yoruba but terribly poor in English. It has nothing to do essentially with your being. If you are a native speaker of any language, you ll use the right word at the right time almost every time. The way one conducts oneself has no definition. For instance, a thief will likely like a thief or admire a fellow thief for being not a conformist to societal norms and standards. All these stuffs that are of paramount interests to you are neither here nor there. It depends on your definition of what is good, bad, acceptable or unacceptable.

Like I stated earlier, desist from making statements you have no means of substantiating or backing up with piece(s) of evidence. If you make a statement that seems to be false in a public forum, you ll most likely be asked to substantiate. SO provide proofs to back your claims.
BRAH ? I ALREADY BACKED UP MY STATEMENT BUT YOU JUST DONT AGREE WITH IT. I HAVE PROVIDED VIDEOS OF PHD HOLDERS IN AMERICA WHO ARE HOMELESS AND UNEMPLOYED AND THE SOCIETAL INCLINATIONS OF THE BRITISH TO ONLY WANT EXPERIENCED PEOPLE IN OVER 90 PERCENT OF THEIR JOBS AS OPPOSED TO ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE. THE EVIDENCE IS STARING YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE. PHD IS ONLY REGARDED IN NIGERIA AS FAR AS I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SEE FROM ALL MY TRAVELS. CANADA, AUSTRALIA AND BRITAIN IS ESPECIALLY NOTORIOUS FOR SHUNNING PHDS. AMERICA ? LOTS OF PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES SO YOU CAN GET IN. IT IS WHAT IT IS, PHDS IS LIKE THE DINOSAUR. A RELIC OF THE PAST.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity / Reno Omokri: Nothing Can Bring Sam Omatseye Down / Nnamdi Kanu: We Will Catch Governors Owing Salaries If They Come Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.