Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group (20080 Views)

Eleven Dies As Truck Rams Into Ondo Market / "President Jonathan Is Chairman Of Boko Haram" - Maiduguri Truck Drivers To BBC / Female LAWMA Truck Drivers : Iyawo Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Godogwu: 11:40pm On Nov 03, 2012
bbpreye.:
What is Dangote?
your dumb as f u c k
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Godogwu: 11:41pm On Nov 03, 2012
SlyIg: hunger can motivate one at times sha.
stupid f u c k do you know how much they are paying them
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Godogwu: 11:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
Mr. Globe:
[size=16pt]Can we all accept that Niggeria is a failed country. Giant of Africa my foot[/size]
we can all accept that your father is a he goat
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 03, 2012
kayjegs:

PhDs overseas driving cab? I dont think so. But for Masters, can be very possible.

You don't know what you're talking about. New York City alone must have at least 2000 cab drivers with Phds. I've met many of them myself!
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by kayjegs: 11:45pm On Nov 03, 2012
ROSSIKE:

You're a failed, brain-dead GOAT.

Do you know how many hundreds (or thousands) of Phds who drive taxis in America?

Do you know how many graduates and masters degree holders who work as waiters, chefs, and security guards in Europe?

Loud-mouthed Dummy!!!!!

What kind of PhD in America drives a cab? If you talk of just graduates or maybe Masters, you may be right. But for a PhD holder to be driving Cab in the US especially under this particular circumstance, it is not possible. Except if he just wants to do it.

1 Like

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by deleo16(m): 11:45pm On Nov 03, 2012
the main purpose of education is to solve problems after secondary university or master degree but we nigerians instead to solve problem with it we chase after money first i agree with AYODELE123 failed minds let me also add to this wrong mindset or old skl mindset of the youths 6-3-3-4 education then-job - marriage it stop there " "instead of creating wealth by becoming a problem solver (graduate or no graduate) or entreprenurship we chase certificate up and down just to find a good job in oil company bad mindset and this is programmed at the minds of some people even before they got admission to D university only few is thinking of owning a company,creating weath, while others is job
p.s i am not saying job is bad oo my point here is think big you cant work for long in a company think of owning one
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by kayjegs: 11:46pm On Nov 03, 2012
ROSSIKE:

You don't know what you're talking about. New York City alone must have at least 2000 cab drivers with Phds. I've met many of them myself!

Was it as a result of no job?
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by lafuria1(m): 11:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
Rastamann: It is a matter of choice. With a Ph.D one will get a lecturing job at least in a tertiary institution in Nigeria but the salary may be a dis-incentive.
exactly, there is no way u have a phd in naija and u wont get a lecturing job, bsc holders are even assistant lecturers. for someone to spend 6 years in nigeria studying a phd and then applies for a truck driving job is shocking. where the hell did he get the resources to undergo the phd. yes no big deal abt bsc and MSCs but phd, please. those phd holders need to be flogged except they got the phd so easily from those vietnam universities

1 Like

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by LFJ: 12:00am On Nov 04, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Do you know how many hundreds (or thousands) of Phds who drive taxis in America?

Do you know how many graduates and masters degree holders who work as waiters, chefs, and security guards in Europe?

Loud-mouthed Dummy!!!!!

Fake news! Phds are driving taxis in America, I hear you. This story may be suitable to those who relied on you for their news.

2 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by LFJ: 12:03am On Nov 04, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Hun! I agree with you, may be Phd from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by ballabriggs: 12:04am On Nov 04, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Loud-mouthed Dummy!!!!!

You know why you are a big f00l? It is because you know not but you think you know a lot.

You have just stupidly indirectly said underemployment is not a problem. Beyond what you copy and paste, you have no knowledge of the crap you talk about.

What does it mean to make an economy working? It is taking it towards full employment level. What does full employment level mean? It means putting all your human and material resources to work.

For an economy that has its resources underutilized where PhD holders are truck drivers, there is a deep problem in that economy. It is an economy that is not working. So you can keep f00ling your dull brain that there is no problem
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by ldpele(m): 12:07am On Nov 04, 2012
acidosis™:
and here we have a man that wants to leave his N350, 000 monthly salary for a Masters degree..

www.nairaland.com/1088807/he-wants-leave-well-paid

With stories like this below what do you expect?

Six years after school, no job
www.nairaland.com/1092478/six-years-after-school-no

...and here we have some sets of corpers displaying their ignorance:

www.nairaland.com/1092033/state-university-graduates-vs-federal
cnt stop laughn
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 04, 2012
LFJ:

Absolute rubbish. PhDs from America, Turkey, Iran, Ghana, Nigeria, India and so on. The level of ignorance on this site stinks. If you don't know the facts, don't type.
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by tpia1: 12:12am On Nov 04, 2012
LFJ:

phds from nigeria who are in nigeria, generally get jobs, to the best of my knowledge.

at least, then, dont know about now.

most phds even from elsewhere, who are in nigeria, also tend to get jobs within their fields, even if they're not millionaires.
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by kayjegs: 12:15am On Nov 04, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Absolute rubbish. PhDs from America, Turkey, Iran, Ghana, Nigeria, India and so on. The level of ignorance on this site stinks. If you don't know the facts, don't type.

Sincerely, I am curious to know what could have caused a PhD holder in America to drive cabs. Is it as a result of lack of job? Maybe he just enjoys driving the cab? Is he driving it for someone? Is it his own? I need clarification as you don't seem to answer my question earlier on. (I am referring to a PhD holder who had his PhD in an American University or the UK).

2 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by ldpele(m): 12:16am On Nov 04, 2012
Prof Corruption: How can the country move forward if the likes of Dame Patience are being appointed permanent secretary? You can be sure that ministry is dead already.
We can't create jobs if we continue to recycle nonentities in power. We can't reform NNPC, the so called cash cow, if we continue to appoint people who are supposed to be probing same company into critical sectors of NNPC even while the probe is in progress. GEJ inherited a mess of a country, no doubt, but he has bastardized the country beyond expectations. He is part of the problems the nation is trying to solve.
u dnt sound diif frm same crop of pple ua jst describin,wen u key in2 evry issue wit d sole aim of politicisn it
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by deshclones(m): 12:19am On Nov 04, 2012
ROSSIKE:

STFU you dummy...spewing thrash from all sides of the mouth...do you know what a Phd is? Do you know what it entails to get one?the number of research one has to undergo?o boy quit showcasing your stupidity here..Phd is not some stuff you buy over d counter..any Phd holder (minus honorary ones) in any discipline even if its yoruba is made for life nd can never be jobless..worse case he/she will get a lecturing job in some mushroom school,write some books nd make cool moni..not apply for dangote truck driver job..infact dangote should publish the names of the Phd and MBA applicants..they need to be shot for being so myopic and bereft of genuine money generating ideas.

1 Like

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by ballabriggs: 12:20am On Nov 04, 2012
ROSSIKE:

2000? How did you arrive at this ridiculous conclusion?

Did the cab drivers show you their certificates?

You are not only ignorant you are also a liar. You have been unveiled on this forum, you are disgusting. *spits on him*

1 Like

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 04, 2012
ballabriggs:

Did the cab drivers show you their certificates?

You are not only ignorant you are also a liar.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 04, 2012
ballabriggs:

You know why you are a big f00l? It is because you know not but you think you know a lot.

You have just stupidly indirectly said underemployment is not a problem.

Underemployment is a sign of a ''failed sate'', correct? Dunce!!! The color of your shi.t (pink) is the sign of your ''failed'' oesophagus.

What does it mean to make an economy working? It is taking it towards full employment level. What does full employment level mean? It means putting all your human and material resources to work.

See Einstein wannabe talking garbage. So without full employment you're a failed state? That means 99.9% of nations on earth are ''failed''.

For an economy that has its resources underutilized where PhD holders are truck drivers, there is a deep problem in that economy. It is an economy that is not working.

The Nigerian economy is the 4th or 5th fastest growing in the world. Current GDP stands at $300 billion per year, projected to rise to $4.5 TRILLION per year by 2050 at current GDP growth rates. That doesn't sound like an economy that's ''not working''. It IS working. The question is: ARE YOU?

If the PHds and Masters holders can develop their entrepreneurial skills, what stops THEM from partaking of this growth? Do you know how many non-degree holders make over $100,000 per year in Nigeria? What stops a PHd holder from pooling resources with his peers to set up a small institute somewhere and impart their knowledge? As a Phd holder you OUGHT to be able to create some form of living from your intellectual resources, ESPECIALLY in a place like Nigeria where demand is at an all-time high for all kinds of services. It's not about sitting around and blaming govt.

2 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by kayjegs: 12:28am On Nov 04, 2012
deshclones:

STFU you dummy...spewing thrash from all sides of the mouth...do you know what a Phd is? Do you know what it entails to get one?the number of research one has to undergo?o boy quit showcasing your stupidity here..Phd is not some stuff you buy over d counter..any Phd holder (minus honorary ones) in any discipline even if its yoruba is made for life nd can never be jobless..worse case he/she will get a lecturing job in some mushroom school,write some books nd make cool moni..not apply for dangote truck driver job..infact dangote should publish the names of the Phd and MBA applicants..they need to be shot for being so myopic and bereft of genuine money generating ideas.

In Nigeria, PhD holders could be jobless. You are wrong by saying that as a PhD holder, the person is made for life. For your information, there are many PhD holders in Nigeria looking for job. I know what I am saying. But in America, I dont think a PhD holder will be looking for this kind of job or driving cabs because there is no job.
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by tpia1: 12:29am On Nov 04, 2012
deshclones:

STFU you dummy...spewing thrash from all sides of the mouth...do you know what a Phd is? Do you know what it entails to get one?the number of research one has to undergo?o boy quit showcasing your stupidity here..Phd is not some stuff you buy over d counter..any Phd holder (minus honorary ones) in any discipline even if its yoruba is made for life nd can never be jobless..worse case he/she will get a lecturing job in some mushroom school,write some books nd make cool moni..not apply for dangote truck driver job..

ballabriggs:

its common knowledge there are many phds who drive cabs abroad.

not typical in nigeria, but cant say the same for overseas.

and why getting so bothered over this fact?

while the numbers are debatable, its nothing new.
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by tpia1: 12:31am On Nov 04, 2012
kayjegs:

In Nigeria, PhD holders could be jobless.

relatively rare.

a phd holder might not be rich, but they'll have a job.

You are wrong by saying that as a PhD holder, the person is made for life. For your information, there are many PhD holders in Nigeria looking for job. I know what I am saying.

must be a new thing, because its not even easy to get a phd in nigeria.

dont know if things have changed however.

But in America, I dont think a PhD holder will be looking for this kind of job or driving cabs because there is no job.

happens all the time- why are you arguing?

2 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by ballabriggs: 12:40am On Nov 04, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Underemployment is a sign of as ''failed sate'', correct? Dunce!!! The color of your shi.t (pink) is the sign of your failed oesophagus. Olodo.

See Einstein wannabe high school dropout talking garbage. So without full employment you're a failed state? That means 99.9% of nations on earth are ''failed''. Ignoramus!!

The Nigerian economy is the 4th or 5th fastest growing in the world. Current GDP stands at $300 billion per year, projected to rise to $4.5 TRILLION per year by 2050 at current GDP growth rates.

If the PHds and Masters holders can develop their entrepreneurial skills, what stops THEM from partaking of this growth? Do you know how many non-degree holders make over $100,000 per year in Nigeria? What stops a PHd holder from pooling resources with his peers to set up a small institute somewhere and impart their knowledge? As a Phd holder you OUGHT to be able to create a living from your intellectual resources, ESPECIALLY in a place like Nigeria where demand is at an all-time high for all sorts of services.

Copy and paste lol!!! Did I say at full employment? I said "towards full employment". Note the word with your tiny brain again, "towards full employment level". No nation achieves full employment level but to what extent do you put your human and material resources to work is the issue. Where you have millions of young people unemployed and many more underemployed, it is a big problem. It shows that economy is not working.

UNCTADSTAT tells me Nigeria's real GDP growth rate is estimated at 7.40%. The same UNCTADSTAT tells me Iraq's real GDP growth rate is estimated at 9.90%. Does that mean all is well with the Iraqi economy? Development goes beyond GDP growth rate.

And this brings me to the final point from your dull brain. Who says people are not trying hard to create jobs for themselves in Nigeria? Who says people are not providing social services for themselves? However, development is not and will never be an uncoordinated process. It is a combination of programmes and projects carefully coordinated and managed by leaders that leads to development. So PhD holder can go on and set-up a mushroom University or tuition center, it does not change the fact that there is a problem with the system.

3 Likes

Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by kayjegs: 12:41am On Nov 04, 2012
tpia1:

relatively rare.

a phd holder might not be rich, but they'll have a job.

In Nigeria, it has changed. Not all PhDs get jobs even with the springing up of private universities everyday. At least in Germany where I am now, I can say there is no PhD holder driving cabs. I repeat there are no PhD holders driving cabs in Germany except if he just feels like. "Abroad" is very relative. I am talking of developed Nations such as Germany, US. If it is as a result of the Economic meltdown in the US, it is understandable but sincerely, I know what it takes to have a PhD in the US. Getting a PhD in North America (Canada and the US) is somewhat difficult and for you to have that and drive cabs because there is no job, then that is extremely serious. This is because before you even plan to take a PhD course in the US, you must have some plans and most likely you are even working. Not like in Nigeria where the next thing after NYSC is MSc and then PhD because there is no job.

must be a new thing, because its not even easy to get a phd in nigeria.

dont know if things have changed however.

happens all the time- why are you arguing?
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by ballabriggs: 12:44am On Nov 04, 2012
tpia1:

its common knowledge there are many phds who drive cabs abroad.

not typical in nigeria, but cant say the same for overseas.

and why getting so bothered over this fact?

while the numbers are debatable, its nothing new.

How did he arrive at his ridiculous 2000 figure ehn? You are his lawyer please tell me. I have lived in England for 8 years now, I have never in my life met one. Worse case is you see them on little Admin jobs.
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Hadone(m): 12:47am On Nov 04, 2012
playah P: Seems like I'm the only only one that noticed it is no longer "2000 drivers" that are needed.... Its now "100 drivers".... Haba... That's a difference of 1900.... Why did they annouce 2000 drivers wanted if they only gonna take 100?

GENTLEMAN WE'RE INDEED SORRY FOR THE INCONVINIENCES, OKEY? YOU CAN STILL RE-APPLY DURING OUR NEXT RECRUITMENT EXCERCISE.
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
(Joke...)
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by basher(m): 1:04am On Nov 04, 2012
ayodele123: I agree that the graduates who applied are all failed minds, not that Nigeria is a failed country.
An MBA holder ought to set up his own business at the worst, not to apply to be a truck driver.
It is more honorable to set up a liquid soap production business with N10k than the trucking job they are applying for.
They went to school and graduated with the orientation that they must work for someone. That is the common problem in Nigeria.
A PHD applying for a trucking job? Shame on them all,failures!

When I read comments like this, I understand y Nigeria is so messed up. Who designated one job more honourable than another? Rubbish!!
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by ganjah: 1:08am On Nov 04, 2012
Story that tickles d bom-bom. White lies joor, fellas wake up from ur slumber
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 04, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_M-ef_SMZo <<< unemployed phd in america
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 04, 2012
Re: PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 04, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eNPAH46oI8 <<<< UNEMPLOYED PHD AND HOMELESS.

THE POINT HERE IS THAT ROSSIKE IS RIGHT. THEY ARE IN AMERICA TOO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: We Will Catch Governors Owing Salaries If They Come Abroad / Court Orders INEC To Issue Ben Uwajumogu (APC Imo North) A Certificate Of Return / Soldiers Neutralize Concentration Of Boko Haram Terrorists At Borno Forests.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.