Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,440 members, 7,954,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support (9663 Views)

Wizkid And Wande Coal To Release Joint Album / Would You Advise Wande Coal To Remain In Mo'hits? / Wande Coal To Release New Singles Soon + D’banj Pens Down Deal For 2011 Koko Con (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by dguvnur(m): 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
Wande Coal will in a couple of months unveil his own record label called BLACK DIAMOND. The label is already registered and has 2 artistes on it with their singles to be released in 2013. The record label, which is being managed by Wande’s manager Abbey Nana, has been Wande’s dream dream since his days at Mo’Hits before moving on with Don Jazzy as an established artiste under Mavin Records.

Sources close to Wande disclosed to Music Gist that he was inspired to float his own label about 2 years ago when he started having problems with D’banj over the release of his 2nd album. He made efforts to leave Mo’Hits Records but was held back by Don Jazzy who promised to straighten his career for him no matter what.

That Wande is floating his own label might give people reasons to speculate a fight between Don Jazzy and Wande since he is signed onto his label Mavin but we can authoritatively tell you that they are on good terms and have an understanding about Wande’s move. Don Jazzy ,we learnt ,has given Wande the grace and support to float his label and also promised to support him.

source - City Peple Magazine

LINK

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Caseless: 11:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
Hmmmm...don jazzy seems to be in turmoil....why are his lead vocals always doing something that sends the msg that they are about to leave him? Let's wait and see! Make him no jst let wande coal go ooo....as tuface get hypertek while he was with kennis , we all know what later happened...this wande' case is is similar kind of.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by montelik(m): 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
A little too soon for Wande Coal. IMHO. Lets see how your sophomore album does first.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
If May D can launch a record label with no album, then all is possible for Wande Coal lol.

2 Likes

Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
I guess the Nigerian Music Industry is redefining how music business is done but in a chaotic way. I think there needs to be a regulatory framework to guide the criteria and awards on who should flag a label or the industry might just bubble and burst. The awards are watery, then every street corner has a studio without proper engineering, the song lack lyrical prowess and the every talents goes into label management while Pirates have a field day. Its obviously absurd. Wande Cole isnt mature mentally to own a label. Its not all about desire its about maturity of desire.

3 Likes

Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by acidtalk: 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
Everybody wants to be a BOSS. Nothing wrong in it but certainly you need to learn some acts.

Wande Coal first need to learn the art of being compose, confident, exposed, articulate and matured intellectually.

I think until Wande Coal learns all the above, he can't go far as a CEO of a Record Label.

Nigeria has roughly 2,000 artiste and more than 80% of that number all own record labels yet they are still signed under someone else's label doesn't that tell us something?

They don bastardize this Entertainment Industry sha.

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
TYPICAL NIGERIAN FOLLOW- FOLLOW. EVERY BODY WANT LAUNCH RECORD . BACK YARD RECORD, KUNU & AKARA RECORD
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by ebamma(m): 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
What a joke,even established and more famous stars like lady gaga, 50cents,Drake and even Rihanna dont have their own record labels,but in nigeria after a one hit album you see a musician owning a label,even I too go follow get Garri label i have seun osewa's support

2 Likes

Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Bamsdayo(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
ogugua88: If May D can launch a record label with no album, then all is possible for Wande Coal lol.
gosh you!!!
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by iamswizz(m): 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
who's Wande coal?>??
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
ebamma: What a joke,even established and more famous stars like lady gaga, 50cents,Drake and even Rihanna dont have their own record labels,but in nigeria after a one hit album you see a musician owning a label,even I too go follow get Garri label i have seun osewa's support

LOL ABEG BROS HIT ME UP MAKE WE ESTABLISH OUR GARRI & KULI-KULI RECORD. grin
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
montelik: A little too soon for Wande Coal. IMHO. Lets see how your sophomore album does first.

Swear Down.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2012
iamswizz: who's Wande coal?>??
he is an elder brother to CHAR COAL

7 Likes

Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by dadicvila(m): 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2012
cheesy
ogugua88: If May D can launch a record label with no album, then all is possible for Wande Coal lol.
cry
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Chanchit: 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
Don Jazzy was also arnd Wande's age or less when he started his label with D'banj, so I think Wande could also start his own, if he feels he can, since any Don, mayd and tonto can float a record label.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Chanchit: 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
##
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by wandeay: 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2012
wande coal and wandeAy has something in common, "wande"
lol
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by bory09(m): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2012
Owning a music label nowadays is as easy has making a song. Nigerians will always be a Nigeria every star that has a little argument about music fund with their boss the next thing is that he will stoop to creating his own music Bleep call label. I am not against wande when it comes to muturity and experience wande is very able in respect of his long years with music professional.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
oh yea.. i got ma own label too.. no single no albums nor artists but hey. it is a record label wink good show ol chap
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by KINGwax(m): 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
ebamma: What a joke,even established and more famous stars like lady gaga, 50cents,Drake and even Rihanna dont have their own record labels,but in nigeria after a one hit album you see a musician owning a label,even I too go follow get Garri label i have seun osewa's support
hahaha! Idiott. Check ds trend...
Dr dre....eminem...50cent!
Tell me, which one doesn't break out to have his own label within a yr's frame? You're a joke! Infact, this trend started from america!
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by SimplySEA(m): 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
Wande can have his... I tink He'll do jus fine wit no Don trying to Banj him outta d spot light by planting a wrong Sid.....!

2 Likes

Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by baslone: 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2012
And now greenhorns are advising artiste that have made millions how to survive in the music industry shocked

2 Likes

Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Manutd19: 7:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
berem: he is an elder brother to CHAR COAL

you people won't kill someone. I don laugh tire.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by ballabriggs: 7:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
As long as he does not sign Justin Bieber to that label I am okay with it.

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by RedLight1: 7:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
This is how they killed the movie industry with many irrelevant movie productions... Once they become small celeb, the next thing they wana do is start their own movie production.. U will now see .. Ikechekuckwu and son film production, ajenlekoko ebami mu film production..the business creeped in Those who are just their not for love and passion for the industry but 4 d money..

Now same thing is begining to happen in the music industry, every corners in lagos with kiosk studios claiming record labels inside small room at face me i face i you house.. Akpan launching label today becoz he got small change and heard there is money in the industry..

I think its Time to set regulatory body that will control all these viruses killing our entertainment industry b4 it gets out of hand..
This aint becoz wande wana launch record label..its about returning sanity to d industry.. Gudluck to wande

2 Likes

Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by azimibraun: 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
When u come off d back of d person carrying u, only then wll u knw what it is like 2 be on ur own.. Mk dt orobo boy park well for Marvin Records o! For him own gooooooood. Wich yeye black diamond him wan float? Wia is d lacuna in d industry he wishes 2 fill eh? He shld gv just 2 locally and internationally acceptable reason for wanting to float a label.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
KINGwax: hahaha! Idiott. Check ds trend...
Dr dre....eminem...50cent!
Tell me, which one doesn't break out to have his own label within a yr's frame? You're a joke! Infact, this trend started from america!
eminem is still signed to aftermath. all his work were co produced or executive produced by Dr dre. The same with 50cent. Despite having g unit record can't release a song without Dr dre input.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
Na, you are wrong man. 50cent owns G-unit records and G-note. The former has been on ground since his second album(the Massacre), while the latter is more recent. Owning a record label is not a big deal. Artists in the US own theirs. E.g, akon is signed to Interscope, T-pain is signed to Akon's Konvict records, Travie McCoy(that sang "i wanna be a millionare" with Bruno mars) is signed under T-pain's Nappy boy records! These smaller record labels are now under Interscope records. This same relationship can be seen with Interscope records(with dr dre as one of its artist)....Aftermath records(owned by dr dre, with Eminem as a signed artist).....shady records(owned by eminem, with 50 as one of his artists)......G-unit records(owned by 50cent, with Lloyd banks etc as artiste). So there is nothing wrong with artiste's owning a label, its more money for them. Besides am sure Wande has enough experience in the music biz to run his own label.

5 Likes

Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by abbey37(m): 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
I feel most sorry for Don jazzy he and dbanj were a perfect couple and this guys that orchestrated there split are leaving him in no time.Dr Sid next inline to float his own label,I think Don jazzy made a huge mistake jeopodising his 8yr relationship wit dbanj for this bunch of ingrates
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
I hope u will sign me oh 2gether we can make de best record label lol
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by tellwsdom: 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
So far the song go sweet..wetin concern me.. undecidedundecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cossy Orjiakor To Launch Album In December / DOWNLOAD MP3: Star Boy – Soco Ft. Wizkid, Ceeza Milli, Spotless & Terri / Top Three Audio Comedy Albums Of The Moment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.