Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support (9579 Views)

Wizkid And Wande Coal To Release Joint Album / Would You Advise Wande Coal To Remain In Mo'hits? / Wande Coal To Release New Singles Soon + D’banj Pens Down Deal For 2011 Koko Con (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by adoniza(m): 8:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
Oboi, record label don cheap o.....l.ol
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by ayduamah: 8:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
The guy need am,as dem don decide to promote d prince hwd blacky go do?
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by baslone: 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
ebamma: What a joke,even established and more famous stars like lady gaga, 50cents,Drake and even Rihanna dont have their own record labels,but in nigeria after a one hit album you see a musician owning a label,even I too go follow get Garri label i have seun osewa's support

Back in tha dayz

Dre owns aftermath. The game was signed to Aftermath.Em iz signed to aftermath and owns Shady. D-12 and Obie were signed τ̲̅ȍ Shady. 50 iz signed to shady/aftermath ãήϑ owns G-unit. Lloyd, Yayo ãήϑ Buck were signed too G-unit.

Itz all bizness
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
Billyonaire: I guess the Nigerian Music Industry is redefining how music business is done but in a chaotic way. I think there needs to be a regulatory framework to guide the criteria and awards on who should flag a label or the industry might just bubble and burst. The awards are watery, then every street corner has a studio without proper engineering, the song lack lyrical prowess and the every talents goes into label management while Pirates have a field day. Its obviously absurd. Wande Cole isnt mature mentally to own a label. Its not all about desire its about maturity of desire.

I totally disagree with a regulatory body controlling music. The reason why the music industry is growing very rapidly is because it is a free market. Let the quality of the music and the way people like them decides what stays and what goes.

The music industry is one industry that has only vacancy at the top. If you are not good you get kicked out. If your sound is weak, no one buys. It should stay that way.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
acidtalk: Everybody wants to be a BOSS. Nothing wrong in it but certainly you need to learn some acts.

Wande Coal first need to learn the art of being compose, confident, exposed, articulate and matured intellectually.

I think until Wande Coal learns all the above, he can't go far as a CEO of a Record Label.

Nigeria has roughly 2,000 artiste and more than 80% of that number all own record labels yet they are still signed under someone else's label doesn't that tell us something?

They don bastardize this Entertainment Industry sha.

It is also like that in America. Every upcoming artiste now have record labels. At the end it is the quality of the sound that determines the hit. That is why an artiste like Rick Ross can come into the game and rub shoulders with 50cent.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by chucky234(m): 12:26am On Nov 05, 2012
All dis Naija average artists dem sef,everyone of dem wan open small shop then call am record label.
Abegi make dem park comot for road jare.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by OrangeHokage(m): 1:00am On Nov 05, 2012
Its really painful when young Nigerians find it very hard to articulate or understand, whats wrong if someone decides to float his/her own record label, after all lil wayne has YM under CM, drake has OVO under YM, d'banj has DB records under Goodmusic/defjam africa, so what d bad tin if wande wants to float his own record label even as a marvin artist, as long as Don jazzy doesn't have a problem wif that, all of u̶̲̥̅̊ can like to make better meaning wif ur life....
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by daryoor(m): 3:06am On Nov 05, 2012
wande coal has been in the industry for about 7 yrs or more. I guess he should have enough experience to run a record label successfully. Even mikel-pass to terry and may d- p.square and alaye's driver both record labels.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by lagcity(m): 6:09am On Nov 05, 2012
Billyonaire: I guess the Nigerian Music Industry is redefining how music business is done but in a chaotic way. I think there needs to be a regulatory framework to guide the criteria and awards on who should flag a label or the industry might just bubble and burst. The awards are watery, then every street corner has a studio without proper engineering, the song lack lyrical prowess and the every talents goes into label management while Pirates have a field day. Its obviously absurd. Wande Cole isnt mature mentally to own a label. Its not all about desire its about maturity of desire.

Regulatory framework on who to flag a record label? You are not making any sense. Is a record label a hospital, bank or nuclear research facility that it should be regulated as such? It is people like you who kill entrepreneurship with overregulation when they get to government. In fact, I say any teenager experimenting with a drum machine in his garage should be able to float his own record label and incorporate it. Wande Cole isn't mentally mature to own a label? Who the fvck are you to make that judgement? Let the free market decide that!
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by naturalwaves: 6:43am On Nov 05, 2012
OrangeHokage: Its really painful when young Nigerians find it very hard to articulate or understand, whats wrong if someone decides to float his/her own record label, after all lil wayne has YM under CM, drake has OVO under YM, d'banj has DB records under Goodmusic/defjam africa, so what d bad tin if wande wants to float his own record label even as a marvin artist, as long as Don jazzy doesn't have a problem wif that, all of u̶̲̥̅̊ can like to make better meaning wif ur life....

Do you mean to say that, Wande Coal will float his record label and not be an Artiste under it? NOPE. I am very sure it is only a matter of time before he leaves Mavin and stick with his own label. There is more to the story...I think Don Jazzy and Wande have discussed and the latter was told or realised that there is a very high possibility of being in the lower Prefential cadre in the scheme of things. Remember that, Mavin Records just signed 2 new Artistes and they should receive a bulk of the attention from Don Jazzy at the moment. Tiwa is there, Dprince also and Dr Sid. I think Wande is a fast reasoner. He might just pay Don Jazzy for productions in his own label. Owning a Record label takes more than just recording songs. I just hope Wande can successfully handle one.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by tunnlex(m): 7:18am On Nov 05, 2012
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by femilek8(m): 8:10am On Nov 05, 2012
acidtalk: Nigeria has roughly 2,000 artiste and more than 80% of that number all own record labels yet they are still signed
Did u count Tonto Dikeh? Abeg, naija get more that 200,000 artistes.
Re: Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support by Revolva(m): 8:14am On Nov 05, 2012
Wande coal has done nothing wrong in gettin a label but I don't support it anyway - what do they gain? And who can he manage ? Ask me ? If every artist start this owning a label trend nigerian music is finished - because nobody will respect the bosses anymore -

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Female Rapper / New Video: Terry G – So High / Music: Wizkid - Sweet Potato {DOWNLOAD}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.