Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,044 members, 7,859,743 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:53 PM

2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process - Education (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process (156024 Views)

2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / How To Check The 2013/2014 UTME Jamb Result Online Using A Mobile Phone / JAMB-UTME Restructures For 2013/2014 UTME Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by sazy(m): 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
I will b fillin my jamb form 2morow nd my 1st choice is uniben for mech engineering nd unilorin for 2nd choice for industrial mathz. Pls is it ok ouse
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 06, 2013
jaryeh: My advice to all, choose any school you like and prepare hard, pray hard and believe you can make it. No school is easy to enter in Nigeria, even in the whole world. It takes hardwork and God's grace to gain admission.

Just make sure you have the o'level requirement for the particular course you want to study in a particular school ,and know the required utme subject.

I must let you know that there is no school in Nigeria that does not accept second choice candidates;if and only if such a candidate has performed excellently well. But owing to my experience, UNILAG is the only school i think choosing them as second choice will be unwise,this is just because the school always has the highest number of candidate seeking admission every year.

Goodluck
lol..my friend came third in lasu postutme last year...don't b surprised as i tell u he was nt given admission..*he chose medicine*
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by deltadegre: 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2013
tonyblaze7: Pls Have got Eng B3, Phy B3, Chem B3, F/m C6, Math C6, Geo C5, Bio C6, Agric C6, Econs C5....what Engineering Course would dis go with in UI or UNILAG, pls reply!!
i would advice you go for unilag guys gone at those days when people respect the name of schools now what is needed is your competence in what ever you are doing and where ever you are. Your SSCE can give you any engineering of you choice but make the best choice of school
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by deltadegre: 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
sazy: I will b fillin my jamb form 2morow nd my 1st choice is uniben for mech engineering nd unilorin for 2nd choice for industrial mathz. Pls is it ok ouse
dont be in a hurry, first what state are you from i would advice you fill a lower school as second choice keep these big names out of you mind most of these schools are just living in old glories
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by yemmy1: 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
deltadegre:
yemmy i would disagree with you on this because i knw one of my friend in uniben he wrote jamb and post jamb again in 2011 and filled OAU he scored above the cut off for pharmacy but wasn't admitted also last year i mean 2012 jamb a friend of mine also scored above the cut off mark for international studies but when the first list was out she wasn't admitted. all i want to say is admission is more than just to beat the cut off u need God and other assistance if u can get it. though your own admission may be free maybe you were just lucky but that same luck may not apply to another person. come to think of it your state of origin plays a very important role in getting admission into any Nigerian university

Guy, I tell you categorically that it is either those friends of yours are deceiving you, or you are personally deceiving yourself. They hit OAU Merit cutoff and they were not admitted? Oga na lie joor!

One of my room mate(an Architecture Student) hit the Merit point and his name was not shortlisted. He quickly came to the Faculty Office and his name fizzle out with immediate 'alacrity'!. Tell those your friends that they are the one who didnt need the admission. Abi they were waiting for OAU to supply them with admission letter through DHL?

My own name is not from the Merit List. My name came out on the VC list. So get it right. Dont miscontrue it that you didnt need God o. You need God very much. But if God help you hit the Merit cutoff, and you still dey dull, then na you no want admission.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by yemmy1: 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
boss,dis thing is english,we'r still saying d same thing.i am nt saying there is no merit,all i am saying is dat it is nt 100% merit....or can u tell me dat all d students in ur department met the merit cutoff when u were admitted...ABSOLUTELY NO!!!!

Try to get it. There are Merit list, Supplimentary List, VC list and Shortfall.The first one which is the Merit List is meant for ANYBODY who hit the cutoff mark.
The Supplimentary list is meant for those that didnt hit the cutoff but maybe with 'leg', high mark, slot etc. VC list are the list through which names of those 'who know who' come out with. I mean 'longest leg'!
Those that didnt come for their admission, or they were screen out, Shortfall will include the names which replace those people. So no dulling!
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by sazy(m): 2:29am On Jan 07, 2013
@deltadegre am frm Edo state. nd will like 2 knw skull dat re ok 4 2nd choice nd dat offer industrial mathz.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by deltadegre: 7:53am On Jan 07, 2013
yemmy1:

Guy, I tell you categorically that it is either those friends of yours are deceiving you, or you are personally deceiving yourself. They hit OAU Merit cutoff and they were not admitted? Oga na lie joor!

One of my room mate(an Architecture Student) hit the Merit point and his name was not shortlisted. He quickly came to the Faculty Office and his name fizzle out with immediate 'alacrity'!. Tell those your friends that they are the one who didnt need the admission. Abi they were waiting for OAU to supply them with admission letter through DHL?

My own name is not from the Merit List. My name came out on the VC list. So get it right. Dont miscontrue it that you didnt need God o. You need God very much. But if God help you hit the Merit cutoff, and you still dey dull, then na you no want admission.
thank GOD you talked about your room mate what of if he didnt knw were to go or who to meet or perhaps he doesnt stay around OAU. my guy what well ae saying is true talking about merit means you name comes out as soon as you have beaten the cutt off mark there should be no stress of meeting people. we are saying the same thing but for those people i told you of am very sure especially for the one of international studies
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 07, 2013
yemmy1:

Try to get it. There are Merit list, Supplimentary List, VC list and Shortfall.The first one which is the Merit List is meant for ANYBODY who hit the cutoff mark.
The Supplimentary list is meant for those that didnt hit the cutoff but maybe with 'leg', high mark, slot etc. VC list are the list through which names of those 'who know who' come out with. I mean 'longest leg'!
Those that didnt come for their admission, or they were screen out, Shortfall will include the names which replace those people. So no dulling!
and wu told u i don't knw all dis..all dis is story..d main point is admission is nt 100% merit...if it was to b 100% merit,there wl only b one list which is d merit list,so if 50 students are needed 4 a course,the top 50 in post utme ahould b picked....d point that some pple enter wif long leg shows that admission is nt 100%merit...nt even in oau....when we r talking of schools dat deal wif merit,we talk abt skuls like u.i...
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by yemstrad(f): 8:50am On Jan 07, 2013
Pls can anyone advice on the following:

1. Banks that sells JAMB form around Iju / Agege

2. Any JAMB registration centre around Iju / Agege

Thanks
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by fatsonm: 9:21am On Jan 07, 2013
@Dr hesjay pls answer diz questn, i want to study pharmacy in u.i n these ar my o'level result maths b3,engc4 bioc6 chemc6 phyc4 the rest are b3's. Pls can i apply?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2013
Hello guys please I want to know when the filling of the jamb form will close thanks
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by deltadegre: 9:44am On Jan 07, 2013
Ebele150: Hello guys please I want to know when the filling of the jamb form will close thanks
my dear the earlier the better dont wait until its almost over do it when you can
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by deltadegre: 9:47am On Jan 07, 2013
sazy: @deltadegre am frm Edo state. nd will like 2 knw skull dat re ok 4 2nd choice nd dat offer industrial mathz.
sazy let me give you my contact so we can talk maybe i can gather two or more info abt you to enable me give the best advice 08130927174
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by claragirl(f): 10:13am On Jan 07, 2013
Plz i need help does unilag offer business education and economic education and wat ar their requirement o level and jamb
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by yemmy1: 10:26am On Jan 07, 2013
deltadegre:
thank GOD you talked about your room mate what of if he didnt knw were to go or who to meet or perhaps he doesnt stay around OAU. my guy what well ae saying is true talking about merit means you name comes out as soon as you have beaten the cutt off mark there should be no stress of meeting people. we are saying the same thing but for those people i told you of am very sure especially for the one of international studies

Since those people over there(OAU) are prone to error, why cant they go to the Faculty? You dont need to know anybody before you can resolve that. Those your friends dull that is why.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by yemmy1: 10:35am On Jan 07, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
and wu told u i don't knw all dis..all dis is story..d main point is admission is nt 100% merit...if it was to b 100% merit,there wl only b one list which is d merit list,so if 50 students are needed 4 a course,the top 50 in post utme ahould b picked....d point that some pple enter wif long leg shows that admission is nt 100%merit...nt even in oau....when we r talking of schools dat deal wif merit,we talk abt skuls like u.i...

I dont care whether you know it or not, am posting that for the benefit of those who are writing UTME and choosing OAU. Oga, your argument is out of point! If you got the Merit cutoff you will be given admission and if you dont then you will have to run around. As simple as that! Who told you everybody admitted in UI are based on Merit? If you have any grudge because OAU has not given you admission one time or the other, then you dont have to scare others who are ready to face the challenges.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by aragbs4real05: 10:57am On Jan 07, 2013
buzyguy: yh,evn dou u cn combine waec nd neco in aaua...mind u accountn is tough in aaua,y nt bankn nd financ.
thanks for u advice bro..dis is my 3rd utme I av little xperience,andi must tell u accountin is my dream course.in my previous jamb av choosin skul like oau,unilag.. this tyme around I think I av little pressure on me!
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Harry4cas(m): 11:08am On Jan 07, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
I Want To Study I.T (Information Technology) in Futo Or Computer Science In Uniben thats is To Say;
1st Choice - Uniben
2nd Choice - Futo
i havent registered for jamb, will do before Mid Febuary But My Problem Is This:

Which Subjects Do i Need in Jamb Since Am Not Compitent in Chemistry so i want to know the best subject i can use in replacing chemistry excluding Biology?? I use to put Maths,English,Physics And Chemistry But Now I wanna Change chemistry.

MAYBE: Economics or Geography Ijust need your suggestions pls!
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by aragbs4real05: 11:15am On Jan 07, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
mr hesjay forget dat one!why do people like u try to raise unnecessary argument?d fact that oau didn't give admission doesn't mean they are not 100% reliable!!listen to me,if u hit merit mark oau will give u admission.u can qote me wrong! if they don't, walk into their senate buildin, and complain.. afteral u are merited for a slot..guy don't dull ur self o! we are all nigerianzz.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
fatsonm: @Dr hesjay pls answer diz questn, i want to study pharmacy in u.i n these ar my o'level result maths b3,engc4 bioc6 chemc6 phyc4 the rest are b3's. Pls can i apply?
d o'level is low for pharmacy tho'....buh no one knws what u.i wl turn to dis year
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by yemmy1: 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
aragbs4real05: mr hesjay forget dat one!why do people like u try to raise unnecessary argument?d fact that oau didn't give admission doesn't mean they are not 100% reliable!!listen to me,if u hit merit mark oau will give u admission.u can qote me wrong! if they don't, walk into their senate buildin, and complain.. afteral u are merited for a slot..guy don't dull ur self o! we are all nigerianzz.

guy, thank you jare. What I notice from some people is that if a school didnt give them admission due to one thing or the other, they will started saying bad things about the school. I also know of a person who said UNILORIN is not a good school. Why? Because he applied 4 times and was not admitted.

I repeat again, if you hit the Merit cutoff mark of OAU and your name didnt come out, then your name na SUEGBE!

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
yemmy1:

I dont care whether you know it or not, am posting that for the benefit of those who are writing UTME and choosing OAU. Oga, your argument is out of point! If you got the Merit cutoff you will be given admission and if you dont then you will have to run around. As simple as that! Who told you everybody admitted in UI are based on Merit? If you have any grudge because OAU has not given you admission one time or the other, then you dont have to scare others who are ready to face the challenges.
bros,u r taking dis thing too far,all i am saying is it is nt 100% merit.....and lemme tell u sumfin,my dad broda is a lecturer in college of health sciences in oau and i knw how it is done...oau admits 100students 4 mbbs;and na only abt 35 come out on merit list...abt 15 4rm predegree..d remaining 50 na strong leg things...is dat 100% merit,..when a seniour of mine wu did nt choose dentistry in jamb was given dentistry last year,is dat 100% merit...??..i

u.i admits btw 130-140 students yearly...out of which abt 120-125 come out on merit list......
U.i. Dentistry takes in 30 students out of which 26 came out on merit dis year..dat is a skul,not like oau where d masses suffer,where dey admit 25 4 dentistry and only 11 come out on merit.....
And to correct ur thought,i dont have any problem wif dem...for ur info,my name came out on their merit list dis year...
D point is dat am nt saying their is no merit list,every skul has merit list buh nt all skuls observe d true colour of merit admission..
PEACE!!!
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
Lolxxx.....

I cant stop laughing!
Wu told u dey didnt give me admission and datz y i am saying all this...
Every one knws if u meet d merit cutoff,u r gud to go,buh do u even knw how d merit is calculated??merit dat only covers 11 out of 25,is dat merit??.
U said u r in 300level,u talk like a secondary skul kid...am xowie tho'
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
I dnt knw of other faculties in oau,buh i can BOLDLY come out and tell u dat 80% of d pple in college of health science,oau never met cutoff mark,dey r children of profs and other docs in d college..a place where dey said medicine was 295 in 2011 and ma close frnd entad wif 247 as aggregate
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by aragbs4real05: 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
yemmy1:

guy, thank you jare. What I notice from some people is that if a school didnt give them admission due to one thing or the other, they will started saying bad things about the school. I also know of a person who said UNILORIN is not a good school. Why? Because he applied 4 times and was not admitted.

I repeat again, if you hit the Merit cutoff mark of OAU and your name didnt come out, then your name na SUEGBE!
don't mind mr hesjay joor.I was also an aspirant in 2011/2012 with an aggregate of 244 buh was not admitted.buh I didn't complain or discourage any1 not to choose oau cos I knew if I had hit the merit mark which was 61 and 56 for my catchment my name will av inevictably be on d merit list..abeg help me tell hesjay not to come here and discourage reasonable and ambitious people!!!afteral na naija we dey...if I hit any skool merit cut off and they decide not to give me admission I swear I will scater the whole senate building!especially if its federal university cos av never seen a reason why I will hit merit mark and not offered admiission!!when no b sey my papa na abacha PA.wise up and fight for ur right na naija we dey!
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by aragbs4real05: 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
yemmy1:

don't mind mr hesjay joor.I was also an aspirant in 2011/2012 with an aggregate of 244 buh was not admitted.buh I didn't complain or discourage any1 not to choose oau cos I knew if I had hit the merit mark which was 61 and 56 for my catchment my name will av inevictably be on d merit list..abeg help me tell hesjay not to come here and discourage reasonable and ambitious people!!!afteral na naija we dey...if I hit any skool merit cut off and they decide not to give me admission I swear I will scater the whole senate building!especially if its federal university cos av never seen a reason why I will hit merit mark and not offered admiission!!when no b sey my papa na abacha PA.wise up and fight for ur right na naija we dey!
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by fatsonm: 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
d o'level is low for pharmacy tho'....buh no one knws what u.i wl turn to dis year
so, can i fill awaitin result in d p utme and later summit d result ?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by yemmy1: 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Lolxxx.....

I cant stop laughing!
Wu told u dey didnt give me admission and datz y i am saying all this...
Every one knws if u meet d merit cutoff,u r gud to go,buh do u even knw how d merit is calculated??merit dat only covers 11 out of 25,is dat merit??.
U said u r in 300level,u talk like a secondary skul kid...am xowie tho'

Wow secondary school kid? Just the way you post like a Nursery school boy? Well, you are too naive to know. I said there is many list. Do I say there are only Merit list? Even if your Dad is a lecturer that does not mean you know what you are saying. Even if it is 1 person out of 100, the Truth remain IF YOU HIT THE CUTOFF point, you are admitted.

I dont need to argue with people like you whose thinking is below their beltline. Simple English you no understand, how you come take enter OAU? I pray Over sabi no go kill you.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by yemmy1: 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2013
aragbs4real05: don't mind mr hesjay joor.I was also an aspirant in 2011/2012 with an aggregate of 244 buh was not admitted.buh I didn't complain or discourage any1 not to choose oau cos I knew if I had hit the merit mark which was 61 and 56 for my catchment my name will av inevictably be on d merit list..abeg help me tell hesjay not to come here and discourage reasonable and ambitious people!!!afteral na naija we dey...if I hit any skool merit cut off and they decide not to give me admission I swear I will scater the whole senate building!especially if its federal university cos av never seen a reason why I will hit merit mark and not offered admiission!!when no b sey my papa na abacha PA.wise up and fight for ur right na naija we dey!

It seems this guy have a problem understanding simple grammar o. I never dispute the fact that there are 'long leg' of a thing. The problem start when someone asked that is OAU admission sure for any one who meet their cutoff mark? And the next thing he said was that admission is not 100% merit. Will it not be better for him to say that yes you will be admitted if you meet OAU cutoff instead of making unnecessary noise?

What he failed to understand it that the percentage of people to be admitted through Merit is given by the Federal government and it varies from one Federal University to another. If OAU admit 0.00001% of student on Merit, se you wan use police catch dem ni? Abeg dont discourage candidate with this your pessimistic and naive comment joor.

@Heskay(or what do you call yourself) Sebi na OAU you dey? I know people like you. Wa kekọ!
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by aragbs4real05: 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
I dnt knw of other faculties in oau,buh i can BOLDLY come out and tell u dat 80% of d pple in college of health science,oau never met cutoff mark,dey r children of profs and other docs in d college..a place where dey said medicine was 295 in 2011 and ma close frnd entad wif 247 as aggregate
@hesjay see I understnad ur point na naija we dey anything can happen, buh lemme tell u something u don't knw.If meet the merit cut off mark and u were not given admission,dat means u don't really need the admission!take it or leave it!cos U ave every right to complain and request for ur admission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (72) (Reply)

2011/2012 Unilorin Admissions / The Latest On ASUU Strike / WAEC Online Registration (waeconline.org.ng)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.