Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process - Education (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process (155831 Views)

2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / How To Check The 2013/2014 UTME Jamb Result Online Using A Mobile Phone / JAMB-UTME Restructures For 2013/2014 UTME Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by buzyguy: 9:08am On Feb 17, 2013
I alwyz lov ur contrbutnz weneva i chck tru,wishn u all a hapy sunday nd wondafl wk.apy readn!
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2013
pls is lagos realy filled up am yet to buy my form o
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Daviewonder(m): 9:58am On Feb 17, 2013
Yeah as its same criteria with political science....[/quote]
den wat is d ryt subject combo 4 political science
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by mayorall(m): 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
Daviewonder: Yeah as its same criteria with political science....
den wat is d ryt subject combo 4 political science

Eng,maths,govt and econs....
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Abuklaw(m): 1:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
What is d current registration stat 4 ui n unilorin any link 2 get d stat
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 1:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
Raphael101: Pls can I use these subject combination for Political Science in Oau;Eng,Lit-in -Eng,C.rk,Govt.tanx.
wat abt maths and economics, u dnt nid literature and crk...
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 1:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
registratn stat like wat? Rephrase ur words dnt get u
Abuklaw: What is d current registration stat 4 ui n unilorin any link 2 get d stat
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by mikeynice(m): 2:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
in God we trust
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Daviewonder(m): 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
Pls wait o,iz maths compulsory 4 political science
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by mayorall(m): 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
Daviewonder: Pls wait o,iz maths compulsory 4 political science

Depend on schools....
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 9:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
did i ever said such a tin u eida put maths or econs, bt sum skuls gv more hand to maths
mikeynice: @ finestboi. Wat do u mean by u dnt need literature 4 pol.sci in jamb...... My jamb subject combi 4 pol.science is econs, lit, govt, eng. "unilorin".
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Yungzed(m): 12:26am On Feb 18, 2013
Daviewonder: Pls wait o,iz maths compulsory 4 political science
[color=#000099][/color] pls can someone put me tru....my subject combination for jamb is english,economics,government,and commerce....and my first choice is abu my second choice is funai....what ar my chances....am available on 2go my username's yungzed
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 10:24am On Feb 18, 2013
Yungzed: [color=#000099][/color] pls can someone put me tru....my subject combination for jamb is english,economics,government,and commerce....and my first choice is abu my second choice is funai....what ar my chances....am available on 2go my username's yungzed
wat course, coz putng commerce and econs is nt ryt.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Bjkhaleed(m): 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
Mr. Fynestboi i dey feel ur work very very much, more power to ur elbow and i pray 4 success in ur academics ijn. U really try in helping aspirant into gainin admission of which u urself his also abt 2 gain admission into skul, God will do it 4 u nd we u've help thru ur xperience b4,because u're a humble n humane person, 2 b candid, jah bless. Kip on, ur reward n success is 4rm God nt human.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
Amen ooooo/millions times
Bjkhaleed: Mr. Fynestboi i dey feel ur work very very much, more power to ur elbow and i pray 4 success in ur academics ijn. U really try in helping aspirant into gainin admission of which u urself his also abt 2 gain admission into skul, God will do it 4 u nd we u've help thru ur xperience b4,because u're a humble n humane person, 2 b candid, jah bless. Kip on, ur reward n success is 4rm God nt human.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Yungzed(m): 6:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
Fynestboi: wat course, coz putng commerce and econs is nt ryt.
my course is political science....and my combinations ar english,economics,goverment,and commerce....is it correct.....and is there any student of abu or funai here....if there is i nid ur help pls
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by JuicyGee(f): 6:42pm On Feb 18, 2013
Is it true, uni-cal dnt do law? did anyone apply 4 law in uni-cal dis 2013/2014 jamb
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by GetOvaMe: 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
pls guys is it true dat there will be no more computer based exam in dis yr's utme?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
Yungzed: my course is political science....and my combinations ar english,economics,goverment,and commerce....is it correct.....and is there any student of abu or funai here....if there is i nid ur help pls
haba political science and u put commerce, to me its wrng combo, if it had been ui u choose, bt dependng on d skul u chose... U re ...
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
Get_Ova_Me: pls guys is it true dat there will be no more computer based exam in dis yr's utme?
concerning dat cbt they ve nt cum to conclusn, as at 13th february read dis

THE SUN NEWSPAPER
The decision of the House of Representatives to reject the plan by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to use Computer-Based Test (CBT) method for some of the candidates taking the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) this year is timely and well thought out. The legislators’ suspension of the CBT for the 2013 UTME and their invitation to JAMB Registrar, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde,and Education Minister, Prof. Ruqquayattu Rufai, to come and explain the reason for introducing the method this year, against the former plan to introduce it in 2015, are in order.
The decision of JAMB to contract the examination to private firms also drew queries from the legislators, who expressed concern on the rush for the CBT at a time that majority of the prospective candidates for the examination are not yet computer literate. We support the intervention of the House suspending the use of Computer-Based Test method for this year’s entrance examination into tertiary institutions in the country. The wisdom of the legislators’ decision is apparent, considering the fact that out of the one million and one hundred candidates that had registered for the examination as at January 26, 2013, only 4,000 selected the CBT option, in spite of the provision by JAMB for 150,000 candidates to use the computer mode.
The vast majority of the over one million candidates selected the Pen on Paper (PPT)option, confirming that the CBT is clearly unpopular. To worsen matters, the JAMB Registrar, while confirming that only 4,000 candidates selected the Computer-Based Test method for the examination, said some candidates who selected the Pen on Paper method may be forced to adopt the CBT option because the PPT centres would soon be filled up. This is contrary to his earlier statement that the CBT will be optional for all candidates in 2013 and 2014, before it becomes mandatory in 2015. This plan to force candidates that are not ready for the computer-based tests to take them is wrong. There is no reason to rush into the CBT method when thecandidates are not prepared for it. It is not the duty of JAMB to force the e-testing method on candidates.
The examination body shouldadopt the method that can be used most effectively by the vast majority of the candidates. Even if the electronic testing method must be used from 2015, as earlier planned, it should be preceded by mock CBT tests in schools across the nation. There should also be pilot tests of the method in selected communities in all regions of the country to ensure that both the candidates and the examination body understand what the methodentails, and can cope with its requirements. It is wrong to force candidates to take such an important examination using a methodthat they are not familiar with. Any attempt to force this method down the throats of candidates must be preceded by proper training of the candidates on the method in all schools, especially the public schools in remote parts of the country.
Apart from the problem of many candidates’ unfamiliarity with this testing method owing to their computer illiteracy, the poor power supply in the country is another challenge.Can JAMB, in all sincerity, say that electricity will be available to power computers in every nook and cranny of the country, including the far-flung and riverine areas, on the day of the examination? If the computers are battery-operated, is there any assurance that their batteries would be fully charged for the duration of the examination? While not arguing the importance of moving along with the developed world in the use of computer-based assessments, Nigeria ought to exercise caution with regard to adoption of nationwide e-examinations.
This is because such examinations must be held simultaneously in every part of the country. The system does not leave room for any candidate to retake the examination if something goes wrong with the computer assigned to him/her. Moreover, pervasive computer illiteracy in the nation’s remote rural areas, where some candidates may never even have seen a computer before, may scuttle this rush to e-testing. The House of Representatives is also right to query the decision of JAMB to contract the examination to private companies. Ojerinde seems confident that the private CBT centres accredited for the examination have efficient power supply.
Assuming that these institutions really do have reliable electricity supply, how many of the over a million candidates spread throughout 774 local government areas in the country can they accommodate? Although the CBT method is good in that it will reduce the cost of the UTME, ensure quicker release of results and possibly improve integrity of the examination, adoption of the method should not be rushed. Let JAMB design a foolproof method to surmount glaring logistical loopholes that could mar this testing module before dumping the existing Pen on Paper method.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
Get_Ova_Me: pls guys is it true dat there will be no more computer based exam in dis yr's utme?
concerning dat cbt they ve nt cum to conclusn, as at 13th february read dis

THE SUN NEWSPAPER
The decision of the House of Representatives to reject the plan by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to use Computer-Based Test (CBT) method for some of the candidates taking the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) this year is timely and well thought out. The legislators’ suspension of the CBT for the 2013 UTME and their invitation to JAMB Registrar, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde,and Education Minister, Prof. Ruqquayattu Rufai, to come and explain the reason for introducing the method this year, against the former plan to introduce it in 2015, are in order.
The decision of JAMB to contract the examination to private firms also drew queries from the legislators, who expressed concern on the rush for the CBT at a time that majority of the prospective candidates for the examination are not yet computer literate. We support the intervention of the House suspending the use of Computer-Based Test method for this year’s entrance examination into tertiary institutions in the country. The wisdom of the legislators’ decision is apparent, considering the fact that out of the one million and one hundred candidates that had registered for the examination as at January 26, 2013, only 4,000 selected the CBT option, in spite of the provision by JAMB for 150,000 candidates to use the computer mode.
The vast majority of the over one million candidates selected the Pen on Paper (PPT)option, confirming that the CBT is clearly unpopular. To worsen matters, the JAMB Registrar, while confirming that only 4,000 candidates selected the Computer-Based Test method for the examination, said some candidates who selected the Pen on Paper method may be forced to adopt the CBT option because the PPT centres would soon be filled up. This is contrary to his earlier statement that the CBT will be optional for all candidates in 2013 and 2014, before it becomes mandatory in 2015. This plan to force candidates that are not ready for the computer-based tests to take them is wrong. There is no reason to rush into the CBT method when thecandidates are not prepared for it. It is not the duty of JAMB to force the e-testing method on candidates.
The examination body shouldadopt the method that can be used most effectively by the vast majority of the candidates. Even if the electronic testing method must be used from 2015, as earlier planned, it should be preceded by mock CBT tests in schools across the nation. There should also be pilot tests of the method in selected communities in all regions of the country to ensure that both the candidates and the examination body understand what the methodentails, and can cope with its requirements. It is wrong to force candidates to take such an important examination using a methodthat they are not familiar with. Any attempt to force this method down the throats of candidates must be preceded by proper training of the candidates on the method in all schools, especially the public schools in remote parts of the country.
Apart from the problem of many candidates’ unfamiliarity with this testing method owing to their computer illiteracy, the poor power supply in the country is another challenge.Can JAMB, in all sincerity, say that electricity will be available to power computers in every nook and cranny of the country, including the far-flung and riverine areas, on the day of the examination? If the computers are battery-operated, is there any assurance that their batteries would be fully charged for the duration of the examination? While not arguing the importance of moving along with the developed world in the use of computer-based assessments, Nigeria ought to exercise caution with regard to adoption of nationwide e-examinations.
This is because such examinations must be held simultaneously in every part of the country. The system does not leave room for any candidate to retake the examination if something goes wrong with the computer assigned to him/her. Moreover, pervasive computer illiteracy in the nation’s remote rural areas, where some candidates may never even have seen a computer before, may scuttle this rush to e-testing. The House of Representatives is also right to query the decision of JAMB to contract the examination to private companies. Ojerinde seems confident that the private CBT centres accredited for the examination have efficient power supply.
Assuming that these institutions really do have reliable electricity supply, how many of the over a million candidates spread throughout 774 local government areas in the country can they accommodate? Although the CBT method is good in that it will reduce the cost of the UTME, ensure quicker release of results and possibly improve integrity of the examination, adoption of the method should not be rushed. Let JAMB design a foolproof method to surmount glaring logistical loopholes that could mar this testing module before dumping the existing Pen on Paper method.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
JuicyGee: Is it true, uni-cal dnt do law? did anyone apply 4 law in uni-cal dis 2013/2014 jamb
deir s law in unical courses, bt try and go to were u want to do ur reg, if they offer law u wuld it listed if nt u wnt, bt if u check deir courses law is deir.... Bt it posible 4 them nt to offer law, bt nt dat certain..
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Callynx700(m): 12:11am On Feb 19, 2013
Kelvinprinzyy: pls is lagos realy filled up am yet to buy my form o
yea...both lag n abk is filled up
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Raphael101(m): 7:52am On Feb 19, 2013
Lagos,Ogun,Oyo,Ondo were all filled up.remain 4-centre to be fill up in Osun as a whole.Be notified.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Feezdculestboy(m): 1:24pm On Feb 19, 2013
Osun has already filled too
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
how do i check states that are yet to be filled up?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
JuicyGee: Is it true, uni-cal dnt do law? did anyone apply 4 law in uni-cal dis 2013/2014 jamb

they do practise Law, i know of a friend of mine that put unical-Law as her first choice. Anyways she is not on nairaland.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Yungzed: [color=#000099][/color] pls can someone put me tru....my subject combination for jamb is english,economics,government,and commerce....and my first choice is abu my second choice is funai....what ar my chances....am available on 2go my username's yungzed
guy how far, i put funai too
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Yungzed(m): 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
R2bees: guy how far, i put funai too
R2bees....add me on 2go lets gist.....my username's yungzed....i put in for funai and abu
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by mayorall(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
maxwello.yg:

they do practise Law, i know of a friend of mine that put unical-Law as her first choice. Anyways she is not on nairaland.

Its possible they offered it no more...uniosun is not offering medicine again yet people can still register it on jamb site and they dnt offer estate management at all but itz on jamb site in which candidates can choose it...The best is to ask from someone at the school....
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by LogoJ(m): 7:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
Any body going for surveying and geo informatics?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (72) (Reply)

Quantitative Reasoning Primary 5 / 2011/2012 Unilorin Admissions / The Latest On ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.