Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

What Did Jesus Sacrifice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Jesus Sacrifice? (1070 Views)

Understanding Jesus’ Sacrifice / Jesus Sacrifice Was To Who Exactly / The Necessity Of Jesus' Sacrifice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by 401kk: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
Not his life, since he's alive.
Not his body, since he, as the Bible says, ascended bodily into Heaven.

So his time? An eternal being loses a couple of days? That's like me blinking my eye when I don't need to, thus "sacrificing" my vision for a fraction of a second. Is it right to call that a sacrifice, probably not.

So his comfort maybe? Again, is it right to call a few very uncomfortable hours a sacrifice for an eternal being? On human time that's like poking yourself with a toothpick. Even if it hurts a lot it's over before you know it. When one lives forever, more than a million billion trillion years, half a day of torture is a infinitesimally small amount of time. (But all this is a moot point since Jesus sure was fine and dandy on Sunday morning so it obviously wasn't that bad for him anyways).

Man. I am just confused as to what Jesus actually sacrificed. Can anyone help me out?
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by member16: 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
Help me ask them o!
Watching from the side lines.
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 04, 2012
1) I thought it was an execution.
Indeed it was an execution and people who condemned him had the power to free him also...but did not. The sacrifice lies here in the fact that Jesus could at any time bail (as he is also God almighty) from all the suffering he went through.

2) He came back to life after wards, so it was like he never really died.
For better comprehension purpose please allow me to make a parallel with Appendicitis that you could encounter in your lifetime.
You can continue to live like usual after you operate the appendix but that doesn't mean that you didn't suffer before it.

3) He rose to Heaven, not Hell.
Jesus went to Hell after his death. To bring all sinners of all time who wished to follow him to heaven with him. So to liberate them!
Is it because you go to heaven that you don't sacrifice yourself? i don't get the logic here. If I try to follow it you are saying that for a sacrifice to be true you have to go to Hell?

WHERE IS THE SACRIFICE
The Sacrifice is in the fact that he could avoid it and did it anyway for us. So he chose to suffer for us.
Sacrifice : To give away something valuable to get at least a possibility to gain something else of value (such as self-respect, trust, love, freedom, prosperity), or to avoid an even greater loss (dixit wikitionary)

WHAT DID JESUS GIVE UP
He did give you all of his love (wich is a LOT since it's infinite)
He didn't fled before the suffering of the crucifixion for you and our sins.

I hope that helped you understand. Feel free to add some precision if not.

2 Likes

Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by true2(m): 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
Your question is one all Christians should ask. It is a very intelligent question. God says to reason out the scriptures. It is obvious that is what you are doing, reasoning out the scriptures.
Please allow reason to expand on your question. Jesus said, “I have come to die.” Why? As you stated, three days is not much of a death. There has to be more, something over looked.
We know he was a perfect man. He was without the sin mankind inherited from Adam.
The inherited sin is the expansion of your question. For now let us stay with the first part of your question…what was the sacrifice?

As a perfect man without Adams sin, Jesus could have brought forth perfect children without Adams sin. Jesus could have spawned a new human race without Adams sin. In truth, Jesus had in his seed, a perfect un-born human race.
It was this un-born human race that was sacrificed, for our present race. It had to exists in a living perfect body, and die.
That is the reason Jesus was only dead for a short time.
Please read; Genesis 3:14, and 15. This is what the complete Bible is about, The issue,and rebellion of one third of the angels against God Yahweh.

Please do not take what I have written as truth, but go to God, and ask him to give you a clear understanding…he will.

When you understand what God teaches on the death of Jesus, then reason, and prove out, “what was the sin Adam and the women did,
and why Adam named the women Eve after she gave birth to Cain.

When you come to understand this second part of your question, Gods complete written word becomes clear…and indeed, the truth will set you free.
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
true?:
Your question is one all Christians should ask. It is a very intelligent question. God says to reason out the scriptures. It is obvious that is what you are doing, reasoning out the scriptures.
Please allow reason to expand on your question. Jesus said, “I have come to die.” Why? As you stated, three days is not much of a death. There has to be more, something over looked.
We know he was a perfect man. He was without the sin mankind inherited from Adam.
The inherited sin is the expansion of your question. For now let us stay with the first part of your question…what was the sacrifice?

As a perfect man without Adams sin, Jesus could have brought forth perfect children without Adams sin. Jesus could have spawned a new human race without Adams sin. In truth, Jesus had in his seed, a perfect un-born human race.
It was this un-born human race that was sacrificed, for our present race. It had to exists in a living perfect body, and die.
That is the reason Jesus was only dead for a short time.
Please read; Genesis 3:14, and 15. This is what the complete Bible is about, The issue,and rebellion of one third of the angels against God Yahweh.

Please do not take what I have written as truth, but go to God, and ask him to give you a clear understanding…he will.

When you understand what God teaches on the death of Jesus, then reason, and prove out, “what was the sin Adam and the women did,
and why Adam named the women Eve after she gave birth to Cain.

When you come to understand this second part of your question, Gods complete written word becomes clear…and indeed, the truth will set you free.

John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

I hope that answers your question.
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by 401kk: 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2012
J12: 1) I thought it was an execution.
Indeed it was an execution and people who condemned him had the power to free him also...but did not. The sacrifice lies here in the fact that Jesus could at any time bail (as he is also God almighty) from all the suffering he went through.

2) He came back to life after wards, so it was like he never really died.
For better comprehension purpose please allow me to make a parallel with Appendicitis that you could encounter in your lifetime.
You can continue to live like usual after you operate the appendix but that doesn't mean that you didn't suffer before it.

3) He rose to Heaven, not Hell.
Jesus went to Hell after his death. To bring all sinners of all time who wished to follow him to heaven with him. So to liberate them!
Is it because you go to heaven that you don't sacrifice yourself? i don't get the logic here. If I try to follow it you are saying that for a sacrifice to be true you have to go to Hell?

WHERE IS THE SACRIFICE
The Sacrifice is in the fact that he could avoid it and did it anyway for us. So he chose to suffer for us.
Sacrifice : To give away something valuable to get at least a possibility to gain something else of value (such as self-respect, trust, love, freedom, prosperity), or to avoid an even greater loss (dixit wikitionary)

WHAT DID JESUS GIVE UP
He did give you all of his love (wich is a LOT since it's infinite)
He didn't fled before the suffering of the crucifixion for you and our sins.

I hope that helped you understand. Feel free to add some precision if not.

Ok. Good explanation.
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by tintingz(m): 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
Jesus didnt die nor sacrifice for anybody sins the Adam sin stuff is a fairytale fallacy......why was he[Jesus] praying for God to pass the cup over him.....why was he shouting "Eloi Eloi why have you leave me" i dont see why someone who wants to die for another will say all this....BTW in old testament GOD said "no one can sacrifice for another" how come the new testament go gainst God words or did God change his mind in the bible??
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
Its hilarious to note that the people who tried to defend Jesus had to misquote the bible.

J12 said jesus went to hell: J12 pls where in the bible does it say that? Even ur fellow christian, frosbel can explain to that once u die u stay dead, until ur ressurection that is.

@True? said jesus sacrificed his seed. Lol.... So Jesu Christi was castrated when he died or what? Please do not twist the bible to suit your peculiar imagination. Even I as an atheist has never done that. Nothing of such was mentioned in the bible which u claim to have all answers.

Please christians stop twisting the bible. Its pretty lame and annoying.
Or do u want ur sky daddy to strike u with thunder for being blasphemous?
Oops! I forgot, he is ever merciful and u are ever sinful.
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
inurmind: Its hilarious to note that the people who tried to defend Jesus had to misquote the bible.

J12 said jesus went to hell: J12 pls where in the bible does it say that? Even ur fellow christian, frosbel can explain to that once u die u stay dead, until ur ressurection that is.

@True? said jesus sacrificed his seed. Lol.... So Jesu Christi was castrated when he died or what? Please do not twist the bible to suit your peculiar imagination. Even I as an atheist has never done that. Nothing of such was mentioned in the bible which u claim to have all answers.

1 Pet. 3:18-20

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah. . .
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
J12:

1 Pet. 3:18-20

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah. . .

As long as u don't mean immediately after he died, during the three days then I have no problem with u.
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
inurmind:

As long as u don't mean immediately after he died, during the three days then I have no problem with u.

You are obviously perplexed.
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
J12:

You are obviously perplexed.

Sure I am. Who wouldn't be after reading a book copied from different pagan religions.
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by true2(m): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
inurmind: Its hilarious to note that the people who tried to defend Jesus had to misquote the bible.

Sky daddy? You have no fear of God. As to the seed, when a man dies, his seed dies with him. If you do not believe in God, why are you posting on this thread?
I do not claim to have all the answers, but I have one reguarding you...you are in a world of trouble.
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
true?:

Sky daddy? You have no fear of God. As to the seed, when a man dies, his seed dies with him. If you do not believe in God, why are you posting on this thread?
I do not claim to have all the answers, but I have one reguarding you...you are in a world of trouble.

Because u die with something does not in anyway mean u sacrificed it.

And how is the word ''sky daddy'' offensive? Its not like I called him foolish master or bloody hypocrite.
Don't u look up to the sky when worshipping him?
Ain't he ur daddy?

And like I said before, do not twist the bible. U are the one disrespecting ur god by doing that.
Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by Callotti: 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
His stoooopidity for mankind's stooooopidity'
Equation balance!!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Sacrifice? by true2(m): 9:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
I find it amazing that some brains on this thread, can produce enough energy to move eight fingers that type such babble.
In your effort to impress members with you intelligence, you have only succeeded in showing your lack of education. Stop before you embarrass yourself more.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Cardinal Says Adam And Eve Didn’t Exist / Top 10 Benefits Of Atheism / The Hail Mary Of A Protestant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.