Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

A thread for corpers posted to Osun - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Osun (27967 Views)

Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / A thread for corpers posted to Kano / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A thread for corpers posted to Osun by legalwealth(m): 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
To locate NYSC camp ground in Osun State,take transport to Osogbo which is the State capital.

And from there in Osogbo at these bus stops: Olaiya and Old garage or Okefia garage,
you can easily find bus that will drop you at EDE NYSC Camp.

If you have any other question,you are free to post them here.
For more genuine and unbiased info,feel free to reach me on 0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6.

I wish you all travelling mercies and succesfull camping/primary assignment.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by brownlord: 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
Wishing all camping in Osun safe trip waiting to meet u all
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
Wish you same....
@op, thanks for the directions..

Lets go there!!!!!!!!?

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by richling77(m): 11:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
There are over 4 channels of tap water to fetch from at thε ede camp. As regards food at maami I can bet you will be well fed with good meals. When you are out of camp and you need good treat not to feel like you are away from home you can visit restaurants like ngozika, yettymama. For lovers of alcohol: abe igi anu, delightsome hotel, leisure spring etc. Dream centre is one of thε best churches for youth in osogbo, nccf is fun for lovers of thε bible. Just to mention a few here.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by Nobody: 2:00am On Nov 06, 2012
Just to modify d direction given, u don't need 2 get 2 osogbo if u r comin in from lag/IB/abeokuta, instead just inform the bus driver its NYSC camp Ede u are goin 2, u should be dropped @ a place where d camp is just a bike away. Hv fun guys

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by legalwealth(m): 4:33am On Nov 06, 2012
ogunsanya: Just to modify d direction given, u don't need 2 get 2 osogbo if u r comin in from lag/IB/abeokuta, instead just inform the bus driver its NYSC camp Ede u are goin 2, u should be dropped @ a place where d camp is just a bike away. Hv fun guys

That is good but remember that most people coming are coming from East and the northern part as most of them don't know that old school route but that smooth route will be better off.
Direct from Express entering through Gbogan into Osogbo though that are a lot of other routes aside from the one you mentioned.

Thanks anyway...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by Jolijay(m): 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
I dey osun. To hear osun camp gist, follow this blog. Straight from OBS http://nyscdiary.mywapblog.com/
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by jamebex(m): 2:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
I have just been posted to osun, how do i get to camp from kogi.
Any one out there coming with me to osun? Identify.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by brownlord: 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
jamebex: I have just been posted to osun, how do i get to camp from kogi.
Any one out there coming with me to osun? Identify.

I don't think you have new corper here, just make enquiry as to find our way to Osun state, osogbo from there you can locate ede camp, if you need more info, feel free to ask, wish you the best bro
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by jamebex(m): 9:22pm On Mar 01, 2013
brownlord:

I don't think you have new corper here, just make enquiry as to find our way to Osun state, osogbo from there you can locate ede camp, if you need more info, feel free to ask, wish you the best bro
k bro are you also posted to Osun or is it only me? Hmm God am in your Hand ooo this state that am the only one
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by roblance: 6:39am On Mar 02, 2013
Team osun.....let's go there
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by brownlord: 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
jamebex: k bro are you also posted to Osun or is it only me? Hmm God am in your Hand ooo this state that am the only one

Already servin in osun, 2012/c
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by roblance: 2:19pm On Mar 02, 2013
@jambex drop your details make we hook up in camp
@brownlord how things dy go for that end, which town you dy
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by adewasco2k(m): 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2013
The best NYSC camp in Nigeria, i served in Osun State to, yea, Direction: if you are coming from Lagos, Ibadan or from Kogi State/Abuja area you will just alert the driver immediately you get to Ife or Ilesha that you will stop at Gbogan, from Gbogan you will take a car directly to the camp just close by.

wish you all a splendid one year....and yea,, dont forget to get along with Nigeria Christian Corpers Fellowship (NCCF) while on camp and during your service year...its a life changing experience and its more fun.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 02, 2013
I've jst bin posted to Osun oo! Dis thin tire me o. Pls anyone know how to naviagte to dat Edeh camp from Awka_anambra state. Or any1 else goin tru my route pls holla!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by brownlord: 6:32pm On Mar 02, 2013
roblance: @jambex drop your details make we hook up in camp

Bro, thins dey fine by Gods grace, i dey ifelodun, its abt 15 mins to osogbo
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by brownlord: 6:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
DanoskyZ: I've jst bin posted to Osun oo! Dis thin tire me o. Pls anyone know how to naviagte to dat Edeh camp from Awka_anambra state. Or any1 else goin tru my route pls holla!

Take vehicle going to lagos and u can stop at ore, thats in ondo state, from there take a bus going to ife or osogbo, u get vehicle going to ede, also someone said u can get from Onitsha, but it may be slow, also u can follow tru edo, stop in benin city, tell the vehicle u wont to stop at uselu motor park, u get straight bus or taxi to ede camp, all the best
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
brownlord:

Take vehicle going to lagos and u can stop at ore, thats in ondo state, from there take a bus going to ife or osogbo, u get vehicle going to ede, also someone said u can get from Onitsha, but it may be slow, also u can follow tru edo, stop in benin city, tell the vehicle u wont to stop at uselu motor park, u get straight bus or taxi to ede camp, all the best
Tnx man, I appreciate.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by jamebex(m): 9:44pm On Mar 02, 2013
roblance: @jambex drop your details make we hook up in camp
k Sir, am James, a Biochemistry Graduate from Kogi State University.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by Orpelin: 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2013
Hi everybody. abt to start loading>>>>

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by jamebex(m): 10:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
Orpelin: Hi everybody. abt to start loading>>>>
Welcome on board. Are you still in loading mode?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
Please what n what documents are we supposed to carry?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by adewasco2k(m): 10:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
16 Photocopies of Statement of Result (Original and Photocopies)
16 Photocopies of School ID Card (Original and Photocopies)
16-24 copies of passport photo (take as many as possible)
Original & 16 Photocopies of Call-up Letter (This will be taken and not returned to you)
10 plain sheets of paper
A Pen
Stapler with your own pins (will save you a lot of begging)
Glue and Tipex (they say everything @ d camp is 4 sale, u want to save as much as possible)

NOTE: Make a lot of Photocopies before going to Camp. A copy can be as much as N20 at the Orientation Camp.
Please remember to also take the original documents, some camps will send you home if u don't have originals.

+
A Cardigan

4 Round-necked white T-Shirts Throughout your stay at the orientation camp, you will only be allowed to wear your white top and shorts; you might not like the ones that will be handed to you at camp so you can get those fitted brands as long as they are white, With these duly pointed out, no need to pack a lot of clothes to the Camp. You should only take a few in case you need to go to Mosque on a Friday or Church on a Sunday.

2-3 extra pairs of white Shorts (All white)

A Pair Of Plain White Sneakers (NYSC will give u 1 but you'd be lucky if they fit plus it spoils quickly know Naija & low quality things)

2 pairs of white socks

A pair of slippers (These camps are very dirty according to my source, The bathrooms are filthy! The bedrooms are dirty! The corridors are icky! Just have something on your feet at all times)

DETTOL (very essential, BRING or BUY. It's just to disinfect your bath water)

Towel (BRING from home. At least you know it's clean. Anything you buy from Mami Market may or may not be secondhand.)

Bed-Sheets, Pillow Cases, and A Pillow. (BRING from home. Again, the peace of knowing what you're sleeping on is clean. Mattresses will be provided by NYSC. It is best to "double up" with the mattresses, as they are about 1 to 2 inches thick

Handkerchief (BRING from home. There will be BUCKETS of sweating. Do yourself a favor)

Sleep clothes (BRING from home. *note that it is ridiculously hot at night, so a large t-shirt or long tank top and little shorts will suffice)

Underwear (Guard it jealously, I was told people steal panties SMH)

Detergent (BUY from market. Again, this reduces the amount of load you're bringing into camp. Remember how I said camp offers no frills? You have to wash your clothes, underwear, and bed things. However, if you're lucky the mami market will have vendors offering laundry services! The only caveats are: you run the risk of your stuff getting lost)

A Novel (very essential esp. if u read a lot, or if u get bored easily like me) u can also bring board/Electronic games if u like (Chess/Scrabble/PsP/Gameboy)

Money (About 10 to 15,000 Naira should see you through the camp period modestly. but if you have to drink and hang out at The Mammy market a lot, then you can take more money depending on how much you can finish, be wise though! Sha budget N1000 per day)

Toiletries/Sanitary Pad (If you are posted to the Up-North like Yobe and Maidugiri, pls do not spray perfumes/anything scented, or the flies won't stop hugging you. For the ladies, u will be wearing white all through when it’s time for your menstruation, beware of stains. )
Bucket, soap dish (buy at the camp site, don't stress yourself taking one to the place, they always sell in the camp)

Waist bag (Try to buy this before you get to the camp, very very essential, U've got to put all ur money in it and tie it round ur waist, cos some people won’t come to camp with money and will steal)

Torchlight and Batteries (BRING or BUY. Seeing as there's hardly ever any electricity, and you might want to read at night, having the flashlight helps.

Music (Ipod, MP3, Phone, , just take your music, )

ATM card (u may need 2 run out and get dough)

Painkillers, Malaria Medicine, Allergy Medicine, etc. (BRING from home. You do not want to make the mistake of getting ill in camp. The camp clinic is a BIG JOKE!)

Padlock (BRING or BUY. Well, you might not need it if u have a hard suitcase - no padlocks required. And anyways, thieves apparently can tear people's bags with scissors or knives to get to their things)

Sun Glasses/Face Cap: (It can get really sunny, especially in the north, but I'll advice all to take sun glasses since you'll be standing on the parade ground for long hours. unless it's rainy season)

MOSQUITO NET (My friend said the camp is Mosquito's headquarters)

If you have a camera you can take it along because you will want to snap a lot of scenes. If you have a Blackberry phone, that’s good for you because you can easily and share on social networks. If you don’t have any of those, you will have to pay some guys on camp who do that as business to follow you around and snap you wherever you go. They might charge up to N2000 for the duration of the camping. They should give you all your photos and videos in CDs at the end of Camping.

You will be fed three times a day in camp but I must not lie to you, the food there is nothing to write home about. If you are someone like me who loves to eat good food, make provisions for your own food. You should get some fast foods along, some breakfast cereals and beverages. You should also hold extra cash to eat at the Mami market. You will get good foods there

THINGS U DON’T NEED
Don’t take materials like pressing iron, knife, fork, tin cutter to the camp. They will be seized and returned to you only on the last day of camping. I was told this is a security measure.

Food Flask (if you'll eat camp food, I only stood in line for camp food once, and almost got a slap from d lady serving cos I didn't understand the food, so Mammy Market was my savior, and might be yours too, in the end my food flask was gathering dust under my bed)

Don't pack loads of unnecessary stuff. As for day clothes (mufti) pack one or two cos you'll only be allowed to go on mufti on Sundays and you have 3 Sundays, so why pack all your clothes? On the 1st day of registration, try to see that after you do your registration where u declare your call-up letter, you endeavor to register for accommodation as early as possible, if not you'll not have a place to sleep on ur 1st night in camp, and that's not funny.

The forms that will be handed to you and attach your passport are very easy to fill. Fill them correctly. After your registration, you will be issued with your State Code Number. This will be like your PIN throughout your Service Year.

After you have been given your State Code, you should proceed straight to collect your mattress and your NYSC Kit. During my own time, I went straight to my hostel (you will be directed), put my mattress in place before going for my kit. Go for your kit on time so that you can get your size.

The Camp Commandant (the soldier in charge) and the other soldiers may tell you that if you participate in parade, play volleyball, and do all they want you to do, you will end up being posted to a favorable place for you Primary Assignment - LIES! Soldiers ain't got that power at all, maybe the Camp director and some NYSC officials can help, but not all of them have the powers they claim.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by Orpelin: 11:18pm On Mar 02, 2013
I guess batch A dont usu need cardigan for obvious reason!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by roblance: 8:07am On Mar 03, 2013
Thanks adewasco for that wonderful post......but seems cardigan is off. Heat yapa
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by richling77(m): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
adewasco2k: 16 Photocopies of Statement of Result (Original and Photocopies)
Original & 16 Photocopies of Call-up Letter (This will be taken and not returned to you)
10 plain sheets of paper
A Pen
Glue and Tipex (they say everything @ d camp is 4 sale, u want to save as much as possible)

NOTE: Make a lot of Photocopies before going to Camp. A copy can be as much as N20 at the Orientation Camp.
Please remember to also take the original documents, some camps will send you home if u don't have originals.

Your friend lied. Not a bite from mosquito for once and thε whole camp is well fumigated.

+
A Cardigan

4 Round-necked white T-Shirts Throughout your stay at the orientation camp, you will only be allowed to wear your white top and shorts; you might not like the ones that will be handed to you at camp so you can get those fitted brands as long as they are white, With these duly pointed out, no need to pack a lot of clothes to the Camp. You should only take a few in case you need to go to Mosque on a Friday or Church on a Sunday.

A Pair Of Plain White Sneakers (NYSC will give u 1 but you'd be lucky if they fit plus it spoils quickly know Naija & low quality things)

2 pairs of white socks

A pair of slippers (These camps are very dirty according to my source, The bathrooms are filthy! The bedrooms are dirty! The corridors are icky! Just have something on your feet at all times)

Towel (BRING from home. At least you know it's clean. Anything you buy from Mami Market may or may not be secondhand.)

Bed-Sheets, Pillow Cases, and A Pillow. (BRING from home. Again, the peace of knowing what you're sleeping on is clean. Mattresses will be provided by NYSC. It is best to "double up" with the mattresses, as they are about 1 to 2 inches thick

Handkerchief (BRING from home. There will be BUCKETS of sweating. Do yourself a favor)

Sleep clothes (BRING from home. *note that it is ridiculously hot at night, so a large t-shirt or long tank top and little shorts will suffice)

Detergent (BUY from market. Again, this reduces the amount of load you're bringing into camp. Remember how I said camp offers no frills? You have to wash your clothes, underwear, and bed things. However, if you're lucky the mami market will have vendors offering laundry services! The only caveats are: you run the risk of your stuff getting lost)

A Novel (very essential esp. if u read a lot, or if u get bored easily like me) u can also bring board/Electronic games if u like (Chess/Scrabble/PsP/Gameboy)

Money (About 10 to 15,000 Naira should see you through the camp period modestly. but if you have to drink and hang out at The Mammy market a lot, then you can take more money depending on how much you can finish, be wise though! Sha budget N1000 per day)

Toiletries/Sanitary Pad (If you are posted to the Up-North like Yobe and Maidugiri, pls do not spray perfumes/anything scented, or the flies won't stop hugging you. For the ladies, u will be wearing white all through when it’s time for your menstruation, beware of stains. )
Bucket, soap dish (buy at the camp site, don't stress yourself taking one to the place, they always sell in the camp)

Waist bag (Try to buy this before you get to the camp, very very essential, U've got to put all ur money in it and tie it round ur waist, cos some people won’t come to camp with money and will steal)

Torchlight and Batteries (BRING or BUY. Seeing as there's hardly ever any electricity, and you might want to read at night, having the flashlight helps.

Painkillers, Malaria Medicine, Allergy Medicine, etc. (BRING from home. You do not want to make the mistake of getting ill in camp. The camp clinic is a BIG JOKE!)

Padlock (BRING or BUY. Well, you might not need it if u have a hard suitcase - no padlocks required. And anyways, thieves apparently can tear people's bags with scissors or knives to get to their things)

Sun Glasses/Face Cap: (It can get really sunny, especially in the north, but I'll advice all to take sun glasses since you'll be standing on the parade ground for long hours. unless it's rainy season)

If you have a camera you can take it along because you will want to snap a lot of scenes. If you have a Blackberry phone, that’s good for you because you can easily and share on social networks. If you don’t have any of those, you will have to pay some guys on camp who do that as business to follow you around and snap you wherever you go. They might charge up to N2000 for the duration of the camping. They should give you all your photos and videos in CDs at the end of Camping.

You will be fed three times a day in camp but I must not lie to you, the food there is nothing to write home about. If you are someone like me who loves to eat good food, make provisions for your own food. You should get some fast foods along, some breakfast cereals and beverages. You should also hold extra cash to eat at the Mami market. You will get good foods there

THINGS U DON’T NEED
Don’t take materials like pressing iron, knife, fork, tin cutter to the camp. They will be seized and returned to you only on the last day of camping. I was told this is a security measure.

Food Flask (if you'll eat camp food, I only stood in line for camp food once, and almost got a slap from d lady serving cos I didn't understand the food, so Mammy Market was my savior, and might be yours too, in the end my food flask was gathering dust under my bed)

Don't pack loads of unnecessary stuff. As for day clothes (mufti) pack one or two cos you'll only be allowed to go on mufti on Sundays and you have 3 Sundays, so why pack all your clothes? On the 1st day of registration, try to see that after you do your registration where u declare your call-up letter, you endeavor to register for accommodation as early as possible, if not you'll not have a place to sleep on ur 1st night in camp, and that's not funny.

The forms that will be handed to you and attach your passport are very easy to fill. Fill them correctly. After your registration, you will be issued with your State Code Number. This will be like your PIN throughout your Service Year.

After you have been given your State Code, you should proceed straight to collect your mattress and your NYSC Kit. During my own time, I went straight to my hostel (you will be directed), put my mattress in place before going for my kit. Go for your kit on time so that you can get your size.

The Camp Commandant (the soldier in charge) and the other soldiers may tell you that if you participate in parade, play volleyball, and do all they want you to do, you will end up being posted to a favorable place for you Primary Assignment - LIES! Soldiers ain't got that power at all, maybe the Camp director and some NYSC officials can help, but not all of them have the powers they claim.

Your friend lied about mosquitoes. Thε camp is well fumigated. I don't pray you fall sick but osun camp clinic is good, there's availability of ambulance in case of emergency and for pregnant female corp members that are due for delivery. If you have got problem with your payment after camp kindly let me know because I know thε chief accountant. Don't give out money to any official to rectify your payment problem please.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by mosh2035(m): 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
richling77:

Your friend lied about mosquitoes. Thε camp is well fumigated. I don't pray you fall sick but osun camp clinic is good, there's availability of ambulance in case of emergency and for pregnant female corp members that are due for delivery. If you have got problem with your payment after camp kindly let me know because I know thε chief accountant. Don't give out money to any official to rectify your payment problem please.

@Richling77, Thumbs up 4 ur great Information. Cheers
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by ola145: 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
few hours to Ede camp. I can't wait
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by brownlord: 12:00am On Mar 04, 2013
adewasco2k: 16 Photocopies of Statement of Result (Original and Photocopies)
10 plain sheets of paper
A Pen

+
A Cardigan

2 pairs of white socks

THINGS U DON’T NEED

Am typing from a phone and cant really say much, everythin about 16 copies of document is fake, u will be needing just 3 copy of each of ur document, photocopy is 10 naira not 20 bucks inside the camp, dont believe all the gabage u hear before u enter the camp, they all lies, u dont need mosquito net, the camp, all the stapler, glue and rubbish u dont need them, u use it freely inside the camp, wish u guys d very best and safe camping in ede
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 04, 2013
brownlord:

Am typing from a phone and cant really say much, everythin about 16 copies of document is fake, u will be needing just 3 copy of each of ur document, photocopy is 10 naira not 20 bucks inside the camp, dont believe all the gabage u hear before u enter the camp, they all lies, u dont need mosquito net, the camp, all the stapler, glue and rubbish u dont need them, u use it freely inside the camp, wish u guys d very best and safe camping in ede
God bless you guy for dis info o!!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Osun by adewasco2k(m): 1:18am On Mar 04, 2013
Im sorry if any of those information were misleading....i didnt type that...it was from a previous post on nairaland here https://www.nairaland.com/876405/going-nysc-read-here-survival

Im sorry i didnt read thru well. sure Osun camp is always fumigated , so no mosquitoes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Kinds Of Persons You Will Meet At NYSC Camp / Katsina Corpers Dancing At NYSC Mani Camp 2018 (Photos) / How I Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp For A Bank Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.