Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,155 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu (4802 Views)

Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by ijigbamigb(m): 8:12am On Nov 05, 2012
ACN accuses FG of deliberately sabotaging Ribadu task force

Tweet

November 5, 2012 | 1:04 am

News

LAGOS — The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has accused the Federal Government of deliberately sabotaging the Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force, headed by Mr. Nuhu Ribadu, following  the controversy that marred the presentation of the task force’s report last Friday.

In a statement in Lagos, yesterday, by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the decision to appoint two members of the committee, Mr. Steve Oronsaye and Mr. Bernard Otti, to positions in the NNPC while the task force was still working on its assignment was a deliberate booby trap.

It said if the Federal Government did not have any ulterior motive, it would have waited for the task force to complete its assignment before naming Oronsaye into the board of the NNPC and Otti as the Director of Finance of the same body.

It said: “Alternatively, both men should have resigned their membership of the committee the moment they were given the plum jobs to avoid the apparent conflict of interest. The fact that they stayed on, only to disparage the report of the task force so openly and ferociously at the end, is the clearest indication yet that they were meant to play that exact role of spoilers.”

The party said the temerity with which the duo  sought to denigrate the report of the task force in the presence of the President of the Federal Republic showed that they must have been acting a well-prepared script.

The party noted: “All that these two men needed to have done, if indeed they did not agree with the report of the task force, was to write a minority report and present such to the President, instead of engaging in theatrics as they did at the presentation, right in front of the whole world.

“Unfortunately, the President’s efforts to downplay the whole disagreement and give the dissenters a soft landing did more to accentuate the damage done to the report by the two men. The President’s statement, that becoming board members of NNPC does not disqualify them from being members of the task force, is an indication of his innermost thoughts on this issue.”

ACN, however, said it was not surprised at how things turned out with the task force, having previously warned, in a statement it issued on February 8, 2012, that naming credible people like Mr. Nuhu Ribadu to head the task force might just be part of government’s ploy to poach credible personalities from the opposition so it can decimate it (opposition) and also tarnish the well-earned credibility of such personalities.

It said: “Among our observations in that press statement, we had said: ‘There is also the possibility that booby-traps will be deliberately set for such credible personalities to guarantee their failure in their stated assignment, after which they will be ridiculed and dumped like an ordinary chump. We hate to say our fears have been justified.”

It reiterated its earlier statement that the Federal Government was not interested in any genuine effort to clean up the corruption and mess in the oil sector, and that is merely engaging in window dressing by setting up committees upon committees, whose outcomes would eventually add to the growing list of reports that are now gathering dust at the presidency.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/acn-accuses-fg-of-deliberately-sabotaging-ribadu-task-force/
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by Clerverly: 8:15am On Nov 05, 2012
We all saw it coming.... lipsrsealed
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:19am On Nov 05, 2012
Ribadu knows better,I think the juicy offer is too good to ignore.

Everybody knows nothing good will ever comes out from PDP led government.

A case study is a senator that is appointed into Presidential committee on northern security and same senator is among the sponsor of the deadly sect.

Steve Oranoye is part of fuel task force and also among the executives of NNPC,how do you expect fairness and transparency?

Task force member become director of finance.....only in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by k2039: 8:24am On Nov 05, 2012
The Federal Government was not interested in any genuine effort to clean up the corruption and mess in the oil sector, and that is merely engaging in window dressing by setting up committees upon committees, whose outcomes would eventually add to the growing list of reports that are now gathering dust at the presidency.
That's the summary of the whole matter.

I WEPT

3 Likes

Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by Gbawe: 8:42am On Nov 05, 2012
Clerverly: We all saw it coming.... lipsrsealed

Indeed. I have to say though that Ribadu comes out of this with his reputation enhanced. The 'leakage' of the report to Reuters was a masterclass. If that had not happened, the original report would have been 'doctored' so much it would appear to totally exonerate the FG and give it a clean bill of health. The result would then be that Ribadu would appear to have done an 'Abati' i.e a character with a sound reputation transformed into a mouthpiece of corruption. This was always the intention of GEJ and his corrupt minions. They wanted someone with a great reputation, regarding corruption, to use and/or corrupt.

Ribadu appears a good student of history who has learnt well from the past to the extent he has now 419ned the masters of 419. Whatever happens, he has done OK when many , including myself, thought he would walk away badly damaged and 'soiled' like the Abatis of the world.

11 Likes

Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by Akanbiedu(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. I have to say though that Ribadu comes out of this with his reputation enhanced. The 'leakage' of the report to Reuters was a masterclass. If that had not happened, the original report would have been 'doctored' so much it would appear to totally exonerate the FG and give it a clean bill of health. The result would then be that Ribadu would appear to have done an 'Abati' i.e a character with a sound reputation transformed into a mouthpiece of corruption. This was always the intention of GEJ and his corrupt minions. They wanted someone with a great reputation, regarding corruption, to use and/or corrupt.

Ribadu appears a good student of history who has learnt well from the past to the extent he has now 419ned the masters of 419
. Whatever happens, he has done OK when many , including myself, thought he would walk away badly damaged and 'soiled' like the Abatis of the world.

Bolded got me laughing.

Ribadu has been part of the system for a while, he should be able to manouver.
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by Callotti: 9:38am On Nov 05, 2012
That is politics.
Did ACN not do the same with Ribadu?

2 Likes

Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2012
Gbawe:

Ribadu appears a good student of history who has learnt well from the past to the extent he has now 419ned the masters of 419. Whatever happens, he has done OK when many , including myself, thought he would walk away badly damaged and 'soiled' like the Abatis of the world.

You get it bro
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by mascot87(m): 9:45am On Nov 05, 2012
Party Dilapidating People
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 05, 2012
k2039:
That's the summary of the whole matter.

I WEPT

Just fu*king stop these silly pics for once! Haba! Have you finished your homework?
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by ochukoccna: 9:48am On Nov 05, 2012
It reiterated its earlier statement that the Federal Government was not interested in any genuine effort to clean up the corruption and mess in the oil sector, and that is merely engaging in window dressing by setting up committees upon committees, whose outcomes would eventually add to the growing list of reports that are now gathering dust at the presidency.
ACN got it right regarding the intent of the PDP,Ebele and their probes this time[like many other times] tongue tongue
Expect the 40 man lappy squad cavalry to come charging into this thread any time soon to defend their bossesembarassed embarassed
Always defending the indefensible angry angry
Also expect the 40lap squad to attack personalities and not address issues kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by freebreezeyz(m): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2012
but it is very disturbing to me now that the flaws and tactics(evil at that) of govt is now done so glaringly and without caution to the whole world nowadays! imagine the show of shame dis so called 'respected oronsaye' displayed!!!! crysmh for Nigeria! Kudos to Ribadu
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by fijiano202(m): 9:51am On Nov 05, 2012
wonders shall never end in nigeria,how can 2 members of the task force investigating the petroleum sector also be in in board of NNPC...may GOD help nigeria
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:04am On Nov 05, 2012
THERE IS NO DOUBT THIS PDP GOVT IS INSINCERE. RIBADU SHOULD RESIGN FROM THE COMMITTEE WITHOUT DELAY. LONG LIVE NIGERIA.
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by scopusng(m): 10:11am On Nov 05, 2012
Chei, I talk am b4 say e go bi like dis.Mtcheeeeew.
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by Willy7(m): 10:16am On Nov 05, 2012
I think Ribadu knew d stakes ahead and d motive of d FG as stated by ACN b4 going in,im only impressed that he didnt lose focus while dining at d king's table.Thumbs up to him.Though not a saint but he has been consistent in his campaign against corruption.God bless us all
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by OkwaIfugo(m): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2012
Ribadu has done his own. then let FG complete theirs.
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by takedat(m): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2012
ochukoccna:
ACN got it right regarding the intent of the PDP,Ebele and their probes this time[like many other times] tongue tongue
Expect the 40 man lappy squad cavalry to come charging into this thread any time soon to defend their bossesembarassed embarassed
Always defending the indefensible angry angry
Also expect the 40lap squad to attack personalities and not address issues kiss kiss

Expect the Spin doctors (Okupe and Abati) to berate ACN on this. They will claim ACN is politicising the issue.
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by fm7070: 10:24am On Nov 05, 2012
If FGN doesn't involve the right man, same ACN will be making noise.
Now, the put the person they believe will do a good job, even when he belonged to an opposition party and ACN is saying this nonsense.
I think GEJ government is trying to be as transparent as they could be on this petroleum probe issue.
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by k2039: 10:36am On Nov 05, 2012
Tusky44:

Just fu*king stop these silly pics for once! Haba! Have you finished your homework?

No homework,I'm on holiday
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by phemieojelabi: 10:47am On Nov 05, 2012
Honestly! It shows dia is no single transparency in this GEJ administration.if publicly Oransaye could ultered those statement 2 d No 1 citizen face n proper action could nt be taken.Then i wonda Y his administration wan2 rubbish lyk of Ribadu after a solid credible report has been submitted."God will deliver us" Bt we need to do it "RIGHT" by choosing the right pple in POWER.
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by Puntae: 10:51am On Nov 05, 2012
Laughing in French! What a lame allegation,even the most illiterate person can fault this statement. Ribadu having such credibility and a stainless integrity (maybe), is not a man who can be compromised nor his intelligence played on. That the FG wanted to use Ribadu is indeed a myopic fallacy concorted by the Shenanigans who seem to be losing grip of political affairs and
lacking in organized knowledge... For the FG to have appointed Ribadu for such a delicate job knowing well his uncompromise avatar, it goes to show how credible and pure they want such event to be...

2 Likes

Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 05, 2012
fm7070: If FGN doesn't involve the right man, same ACN will be making noise.
Now, the put the person they believe will do a good job, even when he belonged to an opposition party and ACN is saying this nonsense.
I think GEJ government is trying to be as transparent as they could be on this petroleum probe issue.

See logic! Care to explain the bolded
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by mrrock: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2012
Just like the Otedola VS Farouk federal scam. This is another scam masterpiece!.
It's now clear our leaders don't believe in this country.
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by garrigangster: 11:10am On Nov 05, 2012
phemieojelabi: Honestly! It shows dia is no single transparency in this GEJ administration.if publicly Oransaye could ultered those statement 2 d No 1 citizen face n proper action could nt be taken.Then i wonda Y his administration wan2 rubbish lyk of Ribadu after a solid credible report has been submitted."God will deliver us" Bt we need to do it "RIGHT" by choosing the right pple in POWER.
DEMDEM the Retardeen, is that you in disguise?

1 Like

Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by sesanrota(m): 11:25am On Nov 05, 2012

This part got me wondering if the president has a room stock pileed of different committee reports and reports of committees checking previous reports

Goooooosh, what a country
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by sheriffman(m): 11:43am On Nov 05, 2012
Ribadu has always been a smart ass ever since he was in EFCC i remember he was also reesponsible for leaking his investigations on Ibori and others to Scotland Yard.Now dis guy knows how the system works and if he didnt do this the govt will cover up everything after his report must ve been doctored to give the govt a clean bill.He must ve known dat d PDP pple ve no good plans for himdo not ve be and
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by honeric01(m): 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
Thank God i am still sleeping, people should wake me up in 2015. cool
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by Gbawe: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
ALMUSTAQIM: THERE IS NO DOUBT THIS PDP GOVT IS INSINCERE. RIBADU SHOULD RESIGN FROM THE COMMITTEE WITHOUT DELAY. LONG LIVE NIGERIA.

The man has done his job. Indeed he has even stated that it is up to the FG from here on. I personally remain 100% convinced nothing will happen. Nigerians love to fool themselves - especially those who view everything through their ethnic goggles and thus prefer to remain blind to the many insincere actions of their kinsmen. It is those sort of folks who bury their heads in the sand and deliberately fail to acknowledge the serious infractions that reveals the lack of sincerity on the path of a very corrupt Government.

Why is it that two of the committee members, i.e Oransaye and Otti, got drafted into the NNPC after becoming members of the Ribadu committee? Who is to tell me that Allison-Madueke, and by extension GEJ, is not involved in that incredibly crazy and unethical action to compromise the Ribadu committee? People, where is such nonsense done in the world? This is why fellow Africans now laugh at us. Our leaders are openly practicing 419 and some of us are making excuses for them.

Also, why is it Oransaye who must be most vocal, and playing spoiler, when he was an 'absentee' while the committee worked and clearly a compromised and partisan 'tool'? Was the report not languishing on Allison-Madueke's desk till the version leaked to Reuters forced their corrupt hands? I just wonder what hold Allison-Madueke has over the President that makes him ever willing to appear ultra-corrupt and approving of disgraceful antics.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/why-i-refused-to-tell-lies-in-our-committees-report-ribadu/

But in an update on his Facebook Page Sunday evening, Mr. Ribadu said he resisted all attempts to be compromised because he had taken a position to always be on the side of the Nigerian people.

He said as far as he is concerned a good name is better than monumental wealth.

“I have made my choice to stand with the Nigerian people, to place national interest before any other knowing that a good name is better than silver and gold,” the former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission told his followers.

Mr. Ribadu, in his reaction, expressed disappointment at attempts to discredit the report, saying Mr. Oronsaye and Mr. Otti hardly participated in the deliberations of the committee, as they were busy lobbying to be given plum jobs at the NNPC.

“Mr President, I wasn’t expecting this development, so please do excuse me if I may say a few things,” he said. “This Task Force was set up in February. We started work effectively in March. Most of the members that you have seen here abandoned what they were doing and came here and we worked every single day. We gave everything to it.

“For about three months, Chief Oronsanye never participated one day in the deliberations of this committee. Not even a single day, never. The first time we saw Chief was when at the end of the work when we were talking about recoveries from companies that he jumped in. All the members are here, they can bear me witness. He never participated in this work.

“While others, who were appointed from outside the industry to look at it critically and give you an honest opinion, and ensure the independence of that committee, Chief Oronsanye got himself appointed into the Board of the NNPC.

“The other gentleman, Otti, who spoke became the director of Finance, NNPC,
and they decided to, more or less, bully everybody and take over.

“And they wanted us to write for them. Committee members refused. By the time they were appointed (into NNPC) the most honourable thing they could have done could have been to resign from the committee. They refused to resign. Chief (Oronsanye) has not been in this country for a while. He flew in this morning to come and do this before Mr. President. And I think the President deserves more respect than you have done now.”

Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by phemieojelabi: 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
garri_gangster:
DEMDEM the Retardeen, is that you in disguise?
[size=13pt]We knw pple lyk u on NL,who luv dis "COMMITTEE on COMMITTEE" 2 b set-up on issue so as 2 sweep case unda d regular place.I just hope u re well "FED" cos i knw u cant be well "PAID"[/size]
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by KINGwax(m): 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
Wetin concern them. And besides, the man is on a contractual work and nobody promises him a post after the report. He was asked to do the job and get his fucck out. Any other thing is a privilege. So, the term 'dump' is only a word coined to poke unreasonable and imaginable fire
Re: ACN: FG Wanted To Use Ribadu by taharqa: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Ask Nigerians To Vote For Atiku? / See PDP Governor Looting State House Picture Attached / Nigerians Under Attack Because They Are Heads Of ECO Currency Revolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.