Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. (3991 Views)

Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador / Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ajayioluwatobi(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2012
I just stumbled upon this online article about the origin of the yoruba's which reads :

oduduwa is regarded as the father of all the yoruba legend has it that he was one of the sons of lamurudu. He was said to have migrated from the EAST and settled in ILE IFE(the present osun state) in About 100A.D.

HOW TRUE IS THIS.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by EkoAtlantic2(f): 10:30am On Nov 05, 2012
But we yoruba ladies ain't hairy on our chest like our sis from the East grin cheesy grin

How come?! angry

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ikeyman00(m): 10:54am On Nov 05, 2012
^^^^ at least thats aint as bad as walking around with ur monkey face coupled with some hallowen tiger mark on top of ur make-down

so which one would u rather have?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ochukoccna: 11:09am On Nov 05, 2012
Believe that, you'd believe the ALUU 4 are now resurrected. kiss kiss
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by Akanbiedu(m): 11:14am On Nov 05, 2012
Eko Atlantic*:
But we yoruba ladies ain't hairy on our chest like our sis from the East grin cheesy grin

How come?! angry

That's not the EAST being referred to. Igbolover.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by soma042(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2012
you mean a cat as my broder. No no no. This joke must end here
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by EkoAtlantic2(f): 11:25am On Nov 05, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^^ at least thats aint as bad as walking around with ur monkey face coupled with some hallowen tiger mark on top of ur make-down

Bros you don take am p. grin cheesy grin

Let me give you this uncertain illustration,
The cat marks grin are done by the ancient barbaric mind of the old men cheesy . It's man made, you can decide not to do this to your kids.

But as for hairy chest ladies grin ol boy, that one has been in the Igbo generation ever since creation.
It's natural cheesy
The best you can do is to by a clipper for your daughter or you take her to a barber shop frequently.
It's in your blood, and it'll be passed from generation to generation.

My 2cent? wink

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by Ngodigha1(m): 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
ajayioluwatobi: I just stumbled upon this online article about the origin of the yoruba's which reads :

oduduwa is regarded as the father of all the yoruba legend has it that he was one of the sons of lamurudu. He was said to have migrated from the EAST and settled in ILE IFE(the present osun state) in About 100A.D.

HOW TRUE IS THIS.
Oduduwa came from the sky, see pic.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ektbear: 12:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
East of our present location, yes.

The exact timeline of Oduduwa migrating from wherever he came from though isn't too clear...you say 100AD, I've heard ~1100AD from other sources.

Also, I don't think he really "founded" Yoruba people. He presumably met people there rather than finding a virgin, unpeopled land.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by Twy: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
You first have to define what is termed East. The region they were talking about was more likely a little bit northeasterly than present Yoruba sector. Most likely, he came from a conquering group from the middle belt-Sudan, and there was a split between is group and the Igala who are close to the Yoruba linguistically. So most likely Northern or Eastern Igala land.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by RickyRoss1(m): 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
Eko Atlantic*:

How come?! angry

I have seen women with hairy chest from Calabar, Yoruba, Igbo, Europe etc.

Can you honestly tell us why yorrobber people still dey shit for nylon bags? Is this as a result of generational course or simply because the yorrobers are the fattest and dirtiest tribe in Nigeria? WE NEED ANSWERS URGENTLY

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ajayioluwatobi(m): 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
Eko Atlantic*:

How come?! angry
.kai my sister lol.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ajayioluwatobi(m): 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^^ at least thats aint as bad as walking around with ur monkey face coupled with some hallowen tiger mark on top of ur make-down

. Kk. Take it easy. Wat of the long mark line on right side of the face on ibos
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ajayioluwatobi(m): 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
soma042: you mean a cat as my broder. No no no. This joke must end here
. Dat is not fair
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ikeyman00(m): 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
@@@

Kk. Take it easy. Wat of the long mark line on right side of the face on ibos

ok!
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ajayioluwatobi(m): 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
Twy: You first have to define what is termed East. The region they were talking about was more likely a little bit northeasterly than present Yoruba sector. Most likely, he came from a conquering group from the middle belt-Sudan, and there was a split between is group and the Igala who are close to the Yoruba linguistically. So most likely Northern or Eastern Igala land.
hmm, thanks more grace to ur elbow.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ajayioluwatobi(m): 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
ekt_bear: East of our present location, yes.

The exact timeline of Oduduwa migrating from wherever he came from though isn't too clear...you say 100AD, I've heard ~1100AD from other sources.

Also, I don't think he really "founded" Yoruba people. He presumably met people there rather than finding a virgin, unpeopled land.
hmm nice reply, which people did oduduwa met there
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ajayioluwatobi(m): 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Oduduwa came from the sky, see pic.
Lmao, be serious please.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by TonySpike: 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
Hey guys, I just came across this wonderful research on the Yoruba race. It is an interesting and well-researched paper that puts a final blow to all those doubting the middle-eastern origin of the Yoruba peoples. It can be accessed on this link: http://dierklange.com/pdf/LOST_TRIBES_OF_ISRAEL.pdf
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
every single west african ethnic group originated in the east.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by Abagworo(m): 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
ekt_bear: East of our present location, yes.

@bolded. That's the part I like.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by tpia1: 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
east of ife, not east of nigeria.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by TonySpike: 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
In a related development, I read somewhere that ILE IFE is a pseudonym translating to NINEFEH or NINEVEH, the ancient Babylonian city. Could this be true?
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by tpia1: 9:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
^ are you nigerian?
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
Tony Spike: In a related development, I read somewhere that ILE IFE is a pseudonym translating to NINEFEH or NINEVEH, the ancient Babylonian city. Could this be true?

no you are barking. ninefeh is a pseyodonym translating to Ile Ife. all lifeforms including God originated in Nigeria. even the universe was created here. so just shut up you stinkin nineveh.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by TonySpike: 3:51am On Nov 06, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

no you are barking. ninefeh is a pseyodonym translating to Ile Ife. all lifeforms including God originated in Nigeria. even the universe was created here. so just shut up you stinkin nineveh.

Do you have to be this rude to make your point? I'm disappointed in you and to think that I've been following your posts with enthusiasm.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ODUANEGRO: 6:51am On Nov 06, 2012
Tony Spike: In a related development, I read somewhere that ILE IFE is a pseudonym translating to NINEFEH or NINEVEH, the ancient Babylonian city. Could this be true?

In fact i originated that theory and yes its is true until proven otherwise.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by TonySpike: 7:51am On Nov 06, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO:

In fact i originated that theory and yes its is true until proven otherwise.

Thanks. Dudu negro, I presume? I suppose you've read that publication by Dierk Lange? It makes an interesting read...
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by TonySpike: 7:57am On Nov 06, 2012
tpia1: ^ are you nigerian?

I am no more Nigerian than you are, sir. If you follow my posts, they will confirm that I'm a Nigerian. I'm only just annoyed, sir, at the way some people attack intellectual research without giving a possible alternative or parallel? This is one of the reasons Nigeria will never progress. When a possibility is researched, why don't we have a look at it as an independent mind and come to a rational conclusion?
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ektbear: 9:21am On Nov 06, 2012
ajayioluwatobi: hmm nice reply, which people did oduduwa met there

I'm not too sure...I guess some of these history books will fill in the details; tpia would no doubt know a lot more than I. I've read some of this stuff before but am quite skeptical about how accurate any of it is.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by ODUANEGRO: 10:28am On Nov 06, 2012
Tony Spike:

Thanks. Dudu negro, I presume? I suppose you've read that publication by Dierk Lange? It makes an interesting read...

The one and only Chief Negro, yes! grin

Yes, I read him. It upsets me that our people find european writers more credible than our own oral history.....even though the european got the story from local source. I dont get it.... sad

Eridu, Nineveh, Itapa, the "m-r" root, Baal, Isise, Orisa, Sargon.....and so on and so forth, there are just too many correlated cultural meanings between the two civilizations that it is reckless to dismiss them as nothing more than an ordinary cincidence.

Read the creation myth of Babylonia and compare with that in Yoruba oral history and you will see a mirror image of one conscioisness that you will not find exist between Yoruba and anyone else.

In the m-r root word you will discover that Edumare, Marduk and Lamarudu all contain the. M-R root, or MARE. So what is MARE? Instead of reading dierk we need to be asking our own people and improving our awareness.
Re: Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. by TonySpike: 10:43am On Nov 06, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO:

The one and only Chief Negro, yes! grin

Yes, I read him. It upsets me that our people find european writers more credible than our own oral history.....even though the european got the story from local source. I dont get it.... sad

Eridu, Nineveh, Itapa, the "m-r" root, Baal, Isise, Orisa, Sargon.....and so on and so forth, there are just too many correlated cultural meanings between the two civilizations that it is reckless to dismiss them as nothing more than an ordinary cincidence.

Read the creation myth of Babylonia and compare with that in Yoruba oral history and you will see a mirror image of one conscioisness that you will not find exist between Yoruba and anyone else.

In the m-r root word you will discover that Edumare, Marduk and Lamarudu all contain the. M-R root, or MARE. So what is MARE? Instead of reading dierk we need to be asking our own people and improving our awareness.

I just finished reading a book on the rise and decline of the Sumerian and Babylonian civilisation by Paul Kriwaczek. Reading Dierk's analogies made me understood the Yoruba oral histories from a better perspective. The amazing part of Dierk's work was the comparison of the great Oyo royal kingship chronology with that of the ancient Isreal, Babylon and Assyrian. The similarities are too glaring to ignore, and that PAGAN9JA dude is shouting me down unnecessarily without reading the publication. The most important thing I've learnt is that the customs and traditions of the Yoruba peoples remained unchanged, hidden from the world for centuries, perhaps without been polluted. This, in itself, is a feat. May I ask, it appears to me that the town Ila-Orangun, holds a very important key to unearthing some hidden histories. The name itself looks very ancient...what do you think?

Already, we have from your research: Eredo - Eridu and Ile Ife - Nineveh

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Idju Owhurie Festival Warri (agbassa Juju) / This Is The Lagos (yoruba) Wedding That Broke The Internet / African/black Women Battle With Alopecia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.