Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? (10309 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Pastor Abraham Yakubu's Testimony Of Heaven And Hell In English / A Vision Of Heaven And Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Godogwu: 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
Red-Light:

we are both in hell son

Nahh my life is bliss smiley
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by salt1: 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2012
From ur creation account (which u humorously muddled up) I know you are conversant with the Bible.
The God of the Bible is looking for you and you SEEM TO BE LOOKING FOR HIM.
May you find Him.

It is amazing how many people claim not to believe in God until they jam a crisis: sickness or imminent death. Ordinary turbulence in the air, and I have heard even Moslems calling Jesus and Jehovah. Don't wait for when you will be desperate before recognising Him
Hell and heaven are real. God will judge you by the actions of your 70/80 years on earth. Your life here is a seed that is sown. It will germinate and bring forth fruits.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
salt 1: From ur creation account (which u humorously muddled up) I know you are conversant with the Bible.
The God of the Bible is looking for you and you SEEM TO BE LOOKING FOR HIM.
May you find Him.

It is amazing how many people claim not to believe in God until they jam a crisis: sickness or imminent death. Ordinary turbulence in the air, and I have heard even Moslems calling Jesus and Jehovah. Don't wait for when you will be desperate before recognising Him
Hell and heaven are real. God will judge you by the actions of your 70/80 years on earth. Your life here is a seed that is sown. It will germinate and bring forth fruits.
I like you. You sound really honest and cool. BUT 4k ur beliefs.. With this attitude, you'd be a good Muslim or Buddhist or even atheist.
But you see, I want to see a better Nigeria.. and these two foreign religions stand in the way.. people need to be more knowledgeable.. I do not aim to change anyone's beliefs, just put on your brains you claim God gave you and let's make Nigeria a better place. If you believe that heaven and hell matters more, sorry dude.. I'm not with you.. wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by salt1: 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
musKeeto:
I like you. You sound really honest and cool. BUT 4k ur beliefs.. With this attitude, you'd be a good Muslim or Buddhist or even atheist.
But you see, I want to see a better Nigeria.. and these two foreign religions stand in the way.. people need to be more knowledgeable.. I do not aim to change anyone's beliefs, just put on your brains you claim God gave you and let's make Nigeria a better place. If you believe that heaven and hell matters more, sorry dude.. I'm not with you.. wink

Like you, too.
I want a better Nigeria, too. And believe me, I am doing my little bit to make it better. I am SALT: a sweetener and a preserver of sound moral values.
But morality goes with accountability to a higher being.
We can't make our country better by being ungodly and irreverent.
My 2 kobo
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by caesaraba(m): 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
[quote author=salt 1][color=#000099]The heavy traffic on this thread has confirmed to me the truth: you all believe in heaven and hell, else why visit here? You can bluff, jest, scorn and deny. You can even look for others to corroborate your stand. But the truth is: you believe!
There is a great creator whom you are accountable to. The earlier you make yourself ready for the right place, the better for you. There are no [b]unblievers
in hell.

Dude, slow down. We are here cos the OP says "Do You Believe in Heaven and Hell?"........can you see now? It doesn't say do you believe hell is red or black. Guess point taken.

Secondly, the fact that I don't believe in contemporary religion's interpretation of Hell (which I'm more concerned with), does not mean I don't believe in the Creator (of course I'm a Deist). I don't just subscribe to a heaven that already has 440,000 people to enter (all from the tribes of Isreal only) and criteria which are heavily unrealistic to fulfill (even 99.9% of doing good still gets you into hell). Neither do I subscribe to a Hell which is so all consuming and entry requirements means just being a human being (with our many flaws). Yet many people have gone to this all-consuming fire to interview people such as ex-popes, bishops, marylyn monroe, left-eye, tupac, Mary the mother of Jesus, etc etc and have come back with different tales. Some say there's fire, others say there's no fire yet but it's very hot..(very conducive for an interview I guess).

I know you are reading this and saying "Oh! This soul is lost and damned"...."off to Hell he goes."

But I'd like to think that the Creator whom I revere does not have that kind of intention for mankind (all of mankind infact). We should be able to use our brains and think despite belonging to various religions. Remember it was the same religion that said the earth was flat and that there were no other planets except us.....only to be proved wrong by Galileo and then in a desperate attempt to silence him, forced him and other scientists into hiding which led to the formation of a group of scientists determined to pursue knowledge and adopted the name "Illuminati" which we so are easily mis-informed about today. Religion is about control.......and man will always resist all attempts to control his free-will.....always...(remember Adam?)..

If I can't think outside the box, then I can't do religion.

I keep asking, are all my ancestors who followed the teachings of Alekwu and practiced Inalegwu (the Golden Rule) all in Hell fire now just because they weren't around to accept the teachings of the white man who came to find slaves and conquer new territory, bible in one hand, gun in the other?

Thank you.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by salt1: 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
@caesaraba, you asked many good questions but just a few points of correction. The figure you called 444,000 is actually 144,000 of Jews sealed at a particular time only. Not the numberless multitude that will MAKE heaven.
Concerning Galileo's theory, it wasn't the Bible that said the earth was the centre of the solar system or that there were no other planets but the religionists of the time. You will agree with me that knowledge is increasing.
Concerning your dead ancestors, God said He will judge them according to their conscience. That is God's silent monitor and judge.
I don't know if this helps you.
Just a word of caution: something isn't right or wrong because we think so. Even in the courts of law, we don't have the luxury of choosing what we can or cannot do.
\What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. Our actions determine where we go eventually
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Frostyzone(m): 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
Has it ever occur to those people that kept asking these dumb questions that maybe, just maybe earth might not be the only inhabited planet in the universe.
That maybe somewhere million light years away, another inhabited planet exist with living organisms of other shapes and sizes thinking they are the only living beings in the universe as well, and asking the same dumb questions as yours.
Think about this.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by nwaire: 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
Red-Light:

lol i sometimes prefer islam paradise... with 77 virgins and pool of beer

nothing to do than just wake up... drink beer, smoke weed and fhuck available virgin

and u dont need to be super holy like the christians to go their... just strap bomb to ur waist, go to the nearest crowd or church, blow them and urself up
kapish u are in paradise enjoying ur pool of beer and hot virgins grin grin
guy u wan make me piss for my body abi E no go work for u o. *continues laughing* aahhahahahh....lol...
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by caesaraba(m): 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
@Salt, thank you. Typographical error (the 144000).

As for my ancestors, God said they would be judged according to their conscience. What about the Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, African Traditional Worshippers, The Jews (whose Messiah is yet to come) and the many other variant sects of the afore-mentioned religions? What about the Wiccans, Esoterics, etc.....the Christian God sentences them to what? Or judges them by conscience too? I don't understand....what becomes of their own God's? Or is there a universal God? That's why you see me using the term 'The Creator' cos I think He is Universal and not restricted to any religion.
Sorry, I might not be a religious freak, but I am a very devout Deist. After 6 years studying theology and finding out the things I now about 'my religion' now, I should have become an atheist like many others, but I'm still a Deist. I don't just subscribe to religion by scare tactics. Period.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by RedLight1: 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2012
Godogwu:

Nahh my life is bliss smiley
yeah my life is more blissful than yours
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by pendulasis: 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2012
heaven and hell is the only thing keeping Christians together but the day scientist will prove it not to exist with facts that is the day religion will size to exist
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by RedLight1: 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
pendulasis: heaven and hell is the only thing keeping Christians together but the day scientist will prove it not to exist with facts that is the day religion will size to exist

science cannot proof everything, neither can religion .. both have flaws ... just that religion flaws are much more than that of science .... science is more accurate than religion
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by salt1: 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2012
caesaraba: @Salt, thank you. Typographical error (the 144000).

As for my ancestors, God said they would be judged according to their conscience. What about the Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, African Traditional Worshippers, The Jews (whose Messiah is yet to come) and the many other variant sects of the afore-mentioned religions? What about the Wiccans, Esoterics, etc.....the Christian God sentences them to what? Or judges them by conscience too? I don't understand....what becomes of their own God's? Or is there a universal God? That's why you see me using the term 'The Creator' cos I think He is Universal and not restricted to any religion.
Sorry, I might not be a religious freak, but I am a very devout Deist. After 6 years studying theology and finding out the things I now about 'my religion' now, I should have become an atheist like many others, but I'm still a Deist. I don't just subscribe to religion by scare tactics. Period.
There is one universal God. And the concept of good and evil is universal, too.
There is no place where it is good to lie, steal, commit adultery etc. People are accountable for the truth they know. Their consciences tell them the truth and they will be judged by this truth that they know.

Did somebody say scientists will prove that heaven and hell don't exist? Goodluck to them!
The scientists should rather recreate a world in which there is no sickness, suffering or dying. If they can remove death, then man may not bother with thoughts of what will happen after he stops breathing. Until then, thoughts of the hereafter will keep troubling man and in looking for answers, He will find the true God.
Right now, people can choose (when alive and well) to believe the theories that suit them. Theories they may discard when confronted by catastrophe or impending death
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Trailblazer1(m): 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
You have all bare your mind on this issue. But before you become too wise in your own conceat. take note ( psalms 53:1 ' THE FOOLISH MAN HAS SAID IN HIS HEART THAT THERE IS NO GOD) ( 1 TIM 6:16 ' WHO ONLY HATH IMMORTALITY, DWELLING IN THE LIGHT WHERE NO MAN CAN APPROACH) Pls mr freethinker or rational think decipher the above statement and reply. I JUST HOPE U BLIVE HUMAN BEINGS HAVE A SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY. BUT ANIMALS DO NOT POSSES ALL THAT. EVERY MYSTERY SCIENCE HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO EXPLAIN JUST POINTS TO THE FACT THAT ' THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN THAT REIGNS OVER THE AFFAIRS OF MEN. Mr atheist hope science explaind how human evolved from apes but not all apes partaked in the evolution to become humans. INDEED GOD HAS USED THE FOOLISH THINGS OF THIS WORLD TO CONFOUND THE WISE ( ISAIAH 44:27 ' I MAKE FOOLS OF FORTUNE TELLERS, I FRUSTRATE THE PREDICTION OF ASTROLOGERS, THE WORDS OF THE WISE I REFUTE AND SHOW THAT THEIR WISDOM IS FOOLISHNESS') I succinct to say HEAVEN(GOD'S ABODE) IS REAL
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Amondayweh: 8:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
Is a pity that most of dnt knw d meann of hell. Do u knw dat jesus go 2 hell? 4 more discusn on diz add me on 2go (hamatory) email monday.ojanu@gmail.com.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Trailblazer1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
Frostyzone: Has it ever occur to those people that kept asking these dumb questions that maybe, just maybe earth might not be the only inhabited planet in the universe.
That maybe somewhere million light years away, another inhabited planet exist with living organisms of other shapes and sizes thinking they are the only living beings in the universe as well, and asking the same dumb questions as yours.
Think about this.
My dear mr astrologer or scientist i undastand ur plight and the level of ur knowledge has becomed a problem. i pray u neva become overwhelmed with the vissisitudes of life, becos den u wil undastand that THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN WHO RULES OVER THE AFFAIRS OF MEN.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
Okija_juju: I do believe in Heaven & Hell..

Both are here on earth.. I saw a man old enough to be my dad, kneel down on the floor to thank me for paying him 400 Naira more than the price of his commodity.. Thats hell..

I have seen people living in extreme and abject poverty, thats hell..

I saw a friend run his Camry into a barrier and laughed it away.. Got a new car in 2 weeks.. Thats heaven..

When I die, I'm dead.. No heaven, no hell.. Just game over..
[/b]

Too bad for you.. I have collected enough EXTRA-Lives and POWER-UPs on so many Levels. Heaven is childs-play.. I AM A GOD angry
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
To answer the question....

[size=14pt]FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE; HELL NO[/size] grin
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by vanstanzy(m): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
Heaven is real and Hell is real too. I believe in both, and do take the word of the Atheists, Satanists and lest i forget, the Jehovas witness about heaven and hell as LARGELY UNREAL. Just follow the Holy Bible, it has the entire truth in it.
The fool sayeth in his heart, there is no God.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by THEVOICE3: 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2012
see as people serious for heaven and hell mater if na like that ona serious for Nigeria mater the country for don good
why be say awa politicians no de fear hell like every body else abi e no de their bible i just de wonder
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by samkoro: 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
King harzyz: NO ISLAM NO PARADISE//////////////////

But your Islam said all moslem will go to hell fire first and spend some millions of years before Allah decides who he will bring out from hell on the Islamic ressurection day by looking at the mark of worship (zebiba). Except those that died while doing Jihad.The bible says that no one goes to hell and comes out.

But Jehovah promised a direct entry to paradise for those who believe in his son Jesus Christ.

I just read in mathew for the first time that immediately Jesus died the grave of many saints broke and they came out.Some people saw those ressurrected saints in the holy city and confirmed that Jesus is truely the son of God whose death was a great sacrifice that opened the door of paradise.It was effective immediately he died.

Every thing that happened to Jesus was prophesied.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by princekenny(m): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
I believe Heaven and hell is real but if u want to no more about it read d story about d rich man and lazarus in d book of Lk 16 start reading from 19. for u to go to Heaven is very simple, just say yes to Jesus and say no to satan.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by nathdim: 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
if there was only one religion which of the heaven is it d Christian heaven or d muslim janaa or dat of the Jews or d buddhist
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by samkoro: 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
Heaven and hell exist for real.This no joke. Besides faith,Scientific theories supports it.Negative and positive forces exist side by side for a balance. Every action that is not in accordance with the laws of the ruler of the universe must be balanced out through a system(of punishment) so that the universe(both spiritual and physical) will maintain its balance and regeneration.

Consciousness does not end on earth.

People that came bach to life after they were declared dead confirm heaven or hell.

Paintings of spirit world by ancient incas,mayas and several past civilization was not done out of immaginations but rather actual experiences through soul travel and other means.At least it confirms the existence of other levels of consciousness.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Mintayo(m): 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
Whether you believe or not,that is our problem,heaven is real and hell is real just as the earth is real-what you believe can not change that,these things are already in place b4 you were born!
Also,whether you believe it or not Jesus is alive and no one can enter heaven without Him!

You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free!
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Solozzo(m): 11:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
Red-Light:
heaven and hell is on the earth.... if u rich (u are in heaven)even bible said if u are rich u will inherit the earth, but if u are poor and broke, walahi na hell u dey... if u are a citizen of america or any european country (u are in heaven) if u are a citizen of any african country especially nigeria.. omo na hell fire u dey o

there is nothing like life after death or endless heaven or undending fire cos no one has being able to proof it..they are all fabricated lies to make m0rons looks more f0oolish

Agreed!!

Fabricated lies as weapons of mind control, brainwashing and intimidation. Our fate after death is no different from the animals and plants around us. That is the plain truth!
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Solozzo(m): 12:03am On Nov 06, 2012
Mintayo: Whether you believe or not,that is our problem,heaven is real and hell is real just as the earth is real-what you believe can not change that,these things are already in place b4 you were born!
Also,whether you believe it or not Jesus is alive and no one can enter heaven without Him!

You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free!

Did you know the truth about who wrote the books of the bible, the purpose, when and the masterminds behind the great deception? Go check it out for yourself, to emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Solozzo(m): 12:12am On Nov 06, 2012
samkoro: Heaven and hell exist for real.This no joke. Besides faith,Scientific theories supports it.Negative and positive forces exist side by side for a balance. Every action that is not in accordance with the laws of the ruler of the universe must be balanced out through a system(of punishment) so that the universe(both spiritual and physical) will maintain its balance and regeneration.

Consciousness does not end on earth.

People that came bach to life after they were declared dead confirm heaven or hell.

Paintings of spirit world by ancient incas,mayas and several past civilization was not done out of immaginations but rather actual experiences through soul travel and other means.At least it confirms the existence of other levels of consciousness.

The ideas of life after death arise out of man's grandiosity and failure to accept the truth that he is fundamentally not different from the animals around him. Coupled. With ignorance regarding experiences like dreams, grieving phenomenology and hallucinations as well as an elaborate superstitious belief system that favored a group of society's members, heaven and hell were created.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Godogwu: 1:15am On Nov 06, 2012
Red-Light:

yeah my life is more blissful than yours

noted

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by zo3184: 1:47am On Nov 06, 2012
Africans grow up there is no God, hell is Ajegunle and I don't even think heaven exist in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by kilokeys(m): 3:49am On Nov 06, 2012
A fool says in his heart, ' there is no God'..
Friends on Nairaland.. I wont take chances.. Is it nt better to believe in the afterlife? So that when u die and u find out it exists, u r safe... And even if u die and it doesnt exist, u wldnt know cos u r dead-dead.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by mshd5: 7:02am On Nov 06, 2012
Yes i believed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What are your three most important prayer points For 2022? / 5 Reasons You Should Be Thankful To God For Today / Polytheists Vs Trinity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.