Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? (1926 Views)

Please Help Satisfy My Curiosity About Tithing.....(for Fervent Christians) / The Secret About Tithing You Should Know / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by samsy5460(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
In Malachi 3:10, God commands us: “‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,' says the LORD Almighty, 'and see
if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.’” Are you faithfully obeying God by paying your full tithe? If yes, begin to praise God in faith for the abundant provision he is bringing to you. If not, ask God to forgive you. Repent today, and commit to pay your full tithe today at church.
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by obyrich(m): 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
Cite one example in the new testament where Tithe was paid by early christians. Christ being our high priest in the order of Melchezedech did not collect tithe. He never mentioned it. He observed the sabbath day. Yet the so called pastors today emphasize tithing. Paul was a tent maker. He NEVER collected tithe. Mention one of christ disciples that collected or paid tithe. Please repent of your greed and false teaching.
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by obalola7: 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
obyrich: Cite one example in the new testament where Tithe was paid by early christians. Christ being our high priest in the order of Melchezedech did not collect tithe. He never mentioned it. He observed the sabbath day. Yet the so called pastors today emphasize tithing. Paul was a tent maker. He NEVER collected tithe. Mention one of christ disciples that collected or paid tithe. Please repent of your greed and false teaching.

Act 4:34-37

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Consequence of cheating God with your Tithes

Act 5: 1-10

5 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by nuella2(f): 7:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
God never stopped anyone from tithing in the bible.
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by samsy5460(m): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
Need I say more...@Obyrich, with a mindset like that, looks like you are Not ready for God's blessing. ad your bible & try to understand what you read.
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
obalola7:

Act 4:34-37

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Consequence of cheating God with your Tithes

Act 5: 1-10

5 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

So this is your idea of tithing ? Your level of ignorance is stupefying? It is obvious you do not even know what tithing is all about.
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
Can you please tell mi what you understand by the verse below

Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power?

There is no extent people will not go to justify this scam
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
samsy5460: Need I say more...@Obyrich, with a mindset like that, looks like you are Not ready for God's blessing. ad your bible & try to understand what you read.

So which tither is among the first ten richest people in the world? Even here in nigeria do men like dangote e.t.c pay tithes.God cannot be bribed,his blessings are free and not paid for
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by obalola7: 12:52am On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44:

So this is your idea of tithing ? Your level of ignorance is stupefying? It is obvious you do not even know what tithing is all about.

You i will neither condemn or reprimand you because to your level of reasoning is to your level of expression. Its sometime hard to tell a small boy that stand by the sea shore that the sky and water do not meet at the point his eyes can see. So the more you look the less you see.
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by obalola7: 12:58am On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44:

So which tither is among the first ten richest people in the world? Even here in nigeria do men like dangote e.t.c pay tithes.God cannot be bribed,his blessings are free and not paid for

You miss the point, while this people may not directly go to the church to tithes, majority of their money goes to humanitarian help. In other word its like tithing.. have you head about Warren Buffett giving several billions dollars to Bill and Melinda Gate foundation and also that the foundation patrons were Bill Gate and his wife : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/19/warren-buffett-giving-pledge-new-members_n_1896882.html

So get it straight that tithes its like an investment that brings one of the best and quickest return. I dont care where you tithes it or how you do it, all i know is that it works for the richest and thats why they are rich.. grow up

1 Like

Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Nobody: 5:14am On Nov 07, 2012
obalola7:

You i will neither condemn or reprimand you because to your level of reasoning is to your level of expression. Its sometime hard to tell a small boy that stand by the sea shore that the sky and water do not meet at the point his eyes can see. So the more you look the less you see.

So my dear what is your definition of tithe? Does it also include freewill donations which might not really be up to 10%? Those people in acts FREELY gave up their possessions.They did not pay in percentages and definitely did not do it as a tithing requirements?
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 07, 2012
obalola7:

You miss the point, while this people may not directly go to the church to tithes, majority of their money goes to humanitarian help. In other word its like tithing.. have you head about Warren Buffett giving several billions dollars to Bill and Melinda Gate foundation and also that the foundation patrons were Bill Gate and his wife : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/19/warren-buffett-giving-pledge-new-members_n_1896882.html

So get it straight that tithes its like an investment that brings one of the best and quickest return. I dont care where you tithes it or how you do it, all i know is that it works for the richest and thats why they are rich.. grow up

obalola7:

The fact remains that bill and melinda gates do not pay tithes.Bill gates does. Not even believe in any God let alone paying tithes to him.Works of charity which are completely voluntary does not equate to tithes
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Joagbaje(m): 5:54am On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44:

The fact remains that bill and melinda gates do not pay tithes.Bill gates does. Not even believe in any God let alone paying tithes to him.Works of charity which are completely voluntary does not equate to tithes

Tithing is not about who turns out to be the richest. Tithing is about what belong to God. What about prayer or salvation, is the man who prays the riches am in the city? Does that mean prayer is wrong then or it has no benefit.
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Zikkyy(m): 8:00am On Nov 07, 2012
Joagbaje:
Tithing is about what belong to God.

Joagabje, abeg stop this rough play jor angry what do you mean tithing is about what belong to God? where is it written that 10% of your salary belong to God? please stop spreading false gospel angry
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by obalola7: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44:

So my dear what is your definition of tithe? Does it also include freewill donations which might not really be up to 10%? Those people in acts FREELY gave up their possessions.They did not pay in percentages and definitely did not do it as a tithing requirements?

What do you pay in church? Tithes and Offering what does that mean to you?
That's is definitely more than 10%
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by obalola7: 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44:

Tithes should be voluntary except when its to be taking from people like you.
who put Gun at your head at church because you did not pay tithes?
mind you there are many rich people who do not give to charity except when force to pay ok.
This happens whenever they breach the law, for instance when google and facebook breach their privacy terms with their users, the U.S force the, to pay millions of dollars to privacy organization and not to the
people that bring class action against them- so they are force to pay to charity
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
obalola7:

Tithes should be voluntary except when its to be taking from people like you.
who put Gun at your head at church because you did not pay tithes?
mind you there are many rich people who do not give to charity except when force to pay ok.
This happens whenever they breach the law, for instance when google and facebook breach their privacy terms with their users, the U.S force the, to pay millions of dollars to privacy organization and not to the
people that bring class action against them- so they are force to pay to charity

I thought you said one can't be rich without paying tithes!! So how come there are now many rich people who are forced to give to charity? Are you now contradicting yourself?
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
Anti tithe Mosquito, when wld u learn.
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by obalola7: 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44:

I thought you said one can't be rich without paying tithes!! So how come there are now many rich people who are forced to give to charity? Are you now contradicting yourself?

I dont know where you get the impression of highlighted statement from, however you said you "Thought"
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by PastorKun(m): 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2012
samsy5460: In Malachi 3:10, God commands us: “‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,' says the LORD Almighty, 'and see
if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.’” Are you faithfully obeying God by paying your full tithe? If yes, begin to praise God in faith for the abundant provision he is bringing to you. If not, ask God to forgive you. Repent today, and commit to pay your full tithe today at church.

Can you give us a scriptural definition of tithes and quote scriptures to back your definition?
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by truthislight: 11:34pm On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44:

cool
chukwudi44:

Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Can you give us a scriptural definition of tithes and quote scriptures to back your definition?

Mr Kun, What scriptural definition are u begging for again. Tithe is one tenth of what u have, simple.
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by PastorKun(m): 7:46am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo:

Mr Kun, What scriptural definition are u begging for again. Tithe is one tenth of what u have, simple.

Quote scriptures were God defined tithes as a tenth of what you have. If you can't, just know that you have just commited the grievious sin of adding to the word of God by the statment you made above.
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Zikkyy(m): 7:54am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo:
Tithe is one tenth of what u have, simple.

Who told you tithe is one tenth of what you have? Your pastor? or your personal definition? i am sure this info is not from the bible.

1 Like

Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 08, 2012
Deuteronomy 14:22 New Living Translation (©2007) "You must set aside a tithe of your crops--one-tenth of all the crops you harvest each year.

Leviticus 27:30 "'A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD.

Numbers 18:21 "I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the Tent of Meeting.

Deuteronomy 12:6 there bring your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, what you have vowed to give and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks.

This should be enough.
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Zikkyy(m): 9:16am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo:
Leviticus 27:30 "'A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD.

Numbers 18:21 "I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the Tent of Meeting.

Deuteronomy 12:6 there bring your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, what you have vowed to give and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks.

This is not telling us that "tithe is one tenth of what you have", so i don't think they are relevant.

teeo:
Deuteronomy 14:22 New Living Translation (©2007) "You must set aside a tithe of your crops--one-tenth of all the crops you harvest each year.

22 “You must set aside a tithe of your crops—one-tenth of all the crops you harvest each year. 23 Bring this tithe to the designated place of worship—the place the Lord your God chooses for his name to be honored—and eat it there in his presence. This applies to your tithes of grain, new wine, olive oil, and the firstborn males of your flocks and herds. Doing this will teach you always to fear the Lord your God.

you can see that what qualifies as tithe is not what you have, but grain, new wine, olive oil e.t.c. if God defined his tithe as a tenth of crops, where is the definition of "tenth of what you have" coming from?

1 Like

Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 08, 2012
Zikkyy:

This is not telling us that "tithe is one tenth of what you have", so i don't think they are relevant.

22 “You must set aside a tithe of your crops—one-tenth of all the crops you harvest each year. 23 Bring this tithe to the designated place of worship—the place the Lord your God chooses for his name to be honored—and eat it there in his presence. This applies to your tithes of grain, new wine, olive oil, and the firstborn males of your flocks and herds. Doing this will teach you always to fear the Lord your God.

you can see that what qualifies as tithe is not what you have, but grain, new wine, olive oil e.t.c. if God defined his tithe as a tenth of crops, where is the definition of "tenth of what you have" coming from?

LMAO, haba be more realisitic. Because we are discussing tithe you are implying that your knowledge of history is low.

What else did the Isrealities undertake as an occupation. They were primarily farmers who had vine yards, grain fields, orchards and livestock. At the time this law was given by God, that was the major occupation of the Jews.

They had to pay tithe from those things stated above cos that was the only way they got annual income from. Pls try something else. You demanded scriptures i gave u scriptures so dont twist things. God loves u
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by PastorKun(m): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo:

LMAO, haba be more realisitic. Because we are discussing tithe you are implying that your knowledge of history is low.

What else did the Isrealities undertake as an occupation. They were primarily farmers who had vine yards, grain fields, orchards and livestock. At the time this law was given by God, that was the major occupation of the Jews.

They had to pay tithe from those things stated above cos that was the only way they got annual income from. Pls try something else. You demanded scriptures i gave u scriptures so dont twist things. God loves u

Why are you forcing your assumptions into the bible At that time there were various other professions such as fisher men, builders, soldiers, jewellry makers, black smith, servants, potters, hunters e.t.c all of whom earned income and were NEVER asked to tithe of their income. The assumption you made is the lie we were told then you justify monetary tithing from income that was used to defraud us. Thank God we know better today.

1 Like

Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 08, 2012
Tithing was instituted under the Old Covenant as a
way for God to communicate His blessing to His
people. The word tithe means "tenth or ten
percent." Proverbs 3:9 says, "Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine
increase." Tithes are to be given from the first fruits,
from the top— the gross, not the net. A person
who does not tithe is robbing God and is operating
under a curse (Malachi 3:8-9). The first fruits of our income is God's; it is not ours to use to pay bills. Tithing is different from seed-faith gifts and
offerings. The tithe is your 10 percent that God
commands us to give—gifts and offerings are
above and beyond it. Some people want to give "as
the Lord leads them" instead of tithing—but the
Spirit would never lead you against His Word. The Word says to tithe. Tithing is not only an Old Covenant command, but
also a New Testament blessing and privilege. Hebrews 7:8 says, "Here men that die receive tithes. But there he receiveth them, of whom it is
witnessed that he liveth."
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by PastorKun(m): 10:51am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo: Tithing was instituted under the Old Covenant as a
way for God to communicate His blessing to His
people.

So are we still under the old covenant
Bros i have raised several issues and shown you from scripture why tithes is not relevant to christians, you have failed to address a single one of them yet you keep posting more thrash to justify the scam. SMH
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

So are we still under the old covenant
Bros i have raised several issues and shown you from scripture why tithes is not relevant to christians, you have failed to address a single one of them yet you keep posting more thrash to justify the scam. SMH

So your take is that we should ignore all laws under the old covenant, pastor.

SMH twice
Re: Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? by PastorKun(m): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo:

So your take is that we should ignore all laws under the old covenant, pastor.

SMH twice

You call yourself a christian yet you don't know what is expected of you as a christian, what a shame. The damage these so called MOG are doing to the body of christ is appalling. I had ealier asked you to read Hebrews 7:5-19 were it was repeated that the laws with special emphasis on tithing had been brought to an end becos it was weak, useless and unprofitable i amd yet to see your response on that passage yet you are here ranting hubris again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth About Homos.exuality And Christianity / God Is A Mistake Converter. He Can Turn Any Mistake Into A Miracle. / Casting Money At Pastors' Feet In The Name Of Receiving Financial Blessings!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.