Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

The Secret About Tithing You Should Know - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Secret About Tithing You Should Know (3043 Views)

Please Help Satisfy My Curiosity About Tithing.....(for Fervent Christians) / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Still Having Doubt About Tithing.....? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Before, people preach tithing as a law and that not doing it is a sin, but we are in the era of grace where we do things out of revelation and Love for God .
In the Beginning of the world, when God created the garden of eden, and the earth, He told Adam and eve not to eat the fruit of the tree in the centre of Garden, the moment they ate it, a curse followed- But that is not the revelation.
The revelation is that tithe is like the last breathe in every man. In Linguistics, we learnt that there is a constant air that must be in man's lung, which when taken away brings death ( That is why people say 'Last breathe').
In essence, Tithe is like the fruit in the garden of eden, and the air, it must not be touched for one to keep on enjoying blessing.
In sense that, when you pay tithe the gates of heaven are opened over your life that will make the devourer (If you read the book of Malachi 3:10-11, you will see that this devourer was 'he' not 'it': It is a spirit) not come to disturb one.
The devourer are spirit that are allowed to visit people when heaven's gate are not opened upon them.
Check into the life Some Rich pagans, Wealthy Atheist, Business owners, Multi-millionaires e.t.c you will discover that they give a certain percent to the poor which they use as medium of reaching their poor.
The rule is that whenever this devouring spirit sees that the gate is closed (due to our not paying tithe), it comes devouring men's wealth.
Catch your own revelation from here.
Where you can tithe
1. Church: Nothing must concern you if the pastor is squandering the money- it is between him and God.
2.Godly Ministries.

1 Like

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by SpcAgtOko: 5:31am On Aug 05, 2014
Interesting. .. tho I only tithe to my church. . Anything else is considered donation.

1 Like

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by StealthyMe(m): 7:31am On Aug 05, 2014
Divepen: Where you can tithe
1. Church: Nothing must concern you if the pastor is squandering the money- it is between him and God.
2.Godly Ministries.

Please,is it only in/to a church one can pay his/her tithe?
Are Men of God are also allowed to receive tithes personally ?
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by PastorKun(m): 7:31am On Aug 05, 2014
The kind of spins and lies some people come up with to justify this tithe fraud is really nauseating. angry

2 Likes

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 05, 2014
StealthyMe:

Please,is it only in/to a church one can pay his/her tithe?
Are Men of God are also allowed to receive tithes personally ?
As for men of God receiving it personally.Mecideschek was man of God and Abraham paid his' to him...

@ Pastorkun, it is just a truth I learnt that has been working sporadically for me.
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by StealthyMe(m): 9:48am On Aug 05, 2014
Divepen:
As for men of God receiving it personally.Mecideschek was man of God and Abraham paid his' to him...

Thanks...just wanted to confirm.
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by PastorKun(m): 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
Divepen:

@ Pastorkun, it is just a truth I learnt that has been working sporadically for me.

There is no iota of truth in all the hubris you put up there and tithing only works sporadically for tithe collectors and NOT tithers.

4 Likes

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
Divepen: Before, people preach tithing as a law and that not doing it is a sin, but we are in the era of grace where we do things out of revelation and Love for God .
In the Beginning of the world, when God created the garden of eden, and the earth, He told Adam and eve not to eat the fruit of the tree in the centre of Garden, the moment they ate it, a curse followed- But that is not the revelation.
The revelation is that tithe is like the last breathe in every man. In Linguistics, we learnt that there is a constant air that must be in man's lung, which when taken away brings death ( That is why people say 'Last breathe').
In essence, Tithe is like the fruit in the garden of eden, and the air, it must not be touched for one to keep on enjoying blessing.
In sense that, when you pay tithe the gates of heaven are opened over your life that will make the devourer (If you read the book of Malachi 3:10-11, you will see that this devourer was 'he' not 'it': It is a spirit) not come to disturb one.
The devourer are spirit that are allowed to visit people when heaven's gate are not opened upon them.
Check into the life Some Rich pagans, Wealthy Atheist, Business owners, Multi-millionaires e.t.c you will discover that they give a certain percent to the poor which they use as medium of reaching their poor.
The rule is that whenever this devouring spirit sees that the gate is closed (due to our not paying tithe), it comes devouring men's wealth.
Catch your own revelation from here.
Where you can tithe
2.Godly Ministries.

This is the most nonsensical, rubbish, crooked, madeup, 419 scam ever to be presented in the name of tithe.

So when we pay our tithe from hard earned money , the jobless pastor will be counting my hard earned money and spending at will .

Ole , thief, armed robber, pen robber, scammer etc etc.

angry

7 Likes

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Goshen360(m): 3:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
Divepen:

Before, people preach tithing as a law and that not doing it is a sin, but we are in the era of grace where we do things out of revelation and Love for God .

I shouldn't be replying to tithe issues anymore but on a second thought, you people who preach tithe for Christians are not giving up after many truth being shown from scriptures. So, we will not give up too. What is Grace if I may ask? How do you understand Grace vs law. If you do, you won't conclude how you concluded on this article because tithing as a Grace by your conclusion violates the Grace of God - under Grace, you get from God what you don't deserve.
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
Well...You've all said you can...
I have gotten my revelation and you have gotten yours.
Let us continue our christain race.

2 Likes

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Goshen360(m): 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
Divepen: Well...You've all said you can...
I have gotten my revelation and you have gotten yours.
Let us continue our christain race.

Which "revelation"?....the one outside or added to what's already revealed?
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
Goshen360:

Which "revelation"?....the one outside or added to what's already revealed?
what is the law and what is grace?
I did not say this people will go to hell...
I only gave one of the secrets to wealth...
If you want believe, if you do dont want leave it...
But thatz what I beleive.
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Goshen360(m): 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
Divepen:
what is the law and what is grace?
I did not say this people will go to hell...
I only gave one of the secrets to wealth...
If you want believe, if you do dont want leave it...
But thatz what I beleive.

When you believe right, you will live right(eous). You can believe wrongly thinking you believe right. There's no secrets to wealth and if there is, definitely and certainly not by tithing. Hard word and God's blessings is what makes a successful living. We're encouraged to work with our hands, helping others and not tithing to God to rain down wealth on you. There're muslims who are wealthier than some or most Christians, what tithe made them wealthy?

3 Likes

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
PastorKun:

There is no iota of truth in all the hubris you put up there and tithing only works sporadically for tithe collectors and NOT tithers.
I said it work for me ,a tithe payer, who is not a tithe collector
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
frosbel:

This is the most nonsensical, rubbish, crooked, madeup, 419 scam ever to be presented in the name of tithe.

So when we pay our tithe from hard earned money , the jobless pastor will be counting my hard earned money and spending at will .

Ole , thief, armed robber, pen robber, scammer etc etc.

angry
are you s christain?
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
Goshen360:

When you believe right, you will live right(eous). You can believe wrongly thinking you believe right. There's no secrets to wealth and if there is, definitely and certainly not by tithing. Hard word and God's blessings is what makes a successful living. We're encouraged to work with our hands, helping others and not tithing to God to rain down wealth on you. There're muslims who are wealthier than some or most Christians, what tithe made them wealthy?
thaz what you believe... Then go on with it...
Share it but don't enforce it: Thatz true christainity, I only shared my secret, at first I almost tot you needed clarity but I can see all you need is to be an enforcer of your idea
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by PastorKun(m): 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
Divepen:
I said it work for me ,a tithe payer, who is not a tithe collector

A lot of tithers like deluding themselves and claim tithing works for them but the reality is that you are not better off than non tithers.
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by charlsecy(m): 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
Divepen:
Where you can tithe
2.Godly Ministries.

Please explain these passages for me.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29 [NIV]

At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Deuteronomy 12:5-7 [NIV]

But you are to seek the place the Lord your God will choose from among all your tribes to put his Name there for his dwelling. To that place you must go; there bring your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, what you have vowed to give and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks. There, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the Lord your God has blessed you.

2 Likes

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
Wow!!!
You've all gotten a revelation of how tithe should be paid walk in it...
But in case someone else except from this 'my ogas @ the top', find his own revelation in what I've written above, walk in it.

1 Like

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
PastorKun:

A lot of tithers like deluding themselves and claim tithing works for them but the reality is that you are not better off than non tithers.
ok...thank u sir

2 Likes

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by charlsecy(m): 9:51am On Aug 06, 2014
@Divepen
Please don't ignore my question. Please!
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by PastorKun(m): 9:56am On Aug 06, 2014
charlsecy: @Divepen

He can never answer that question, tithe merchants avoid those verses like ebola virus grin

3 Likes

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 06, 2014
charlsecy: @Divepen
That is the Law...
There are principles.
I'm not sure if I will answer you or all other persons.
Grace is the ability to follow the principle of the law with the knowledge of blessings. When you walk in the knowledge that when I work a little God will bless me then you will work.
Pastors do not work. The Bible later made us understand these tithes are for them, firstfruit also.
If everyone decide to stop paying tax, I hope our pastors will not look for Jobs, just like the days of Nehemiah.
PastorKun... Dairis God..
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by PastorKun(m): 10:16am On Aug 06, 2014
Divepen:
That is the Law...
There are principles.
Grace is the ability to follow the principle of the law with the knowledge of blessings. When you walk in the knowledge that when I work a little God will bless me then you will work.
Pastors do not work. The Bible later made us understand these tithes are for them, firstfruit also.
If everyone decide to stop paying tax, I hope our pastors will not look for Jobs, just like the days of Nehemiah.

And how does this thrash address the questions raised by charlsecy
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by charlsecy(m): 10:23am On Aug 06, 2014
@Divepen
Based on your last response, I feel compelled to re-ask the question so you know the particular question[s] to provide answer[s] to.

You said your tithes must go to your pastor or ministry, so I consider it relevant that you should explain theses verses to me.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29 [NIV]

At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Deuteronomy 12:5-7 [NIV]

But you are to seek the place the Lord your God will choose from among all your tribes to put his Name there for his dwelling. To that place you must go; there bring your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, what you have vowed to give and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks. There, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the Lord your God has blessed you.

Divepen: Pastors do not work. The Bible later made us understand these tithes are for them, firstfruit also.
Can you give me a Biblical example to that effect.

1 Like

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by nora544: 10:25am On Aug 06, 2014
Divepen:
That is the Law...
There are principles.

Now the fake teaching come out, that is why pastors from this new churches are so riche because all the tithing belong to then, please show me where in the bible you read this!
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=charlsecy][/quote]Nora, Pastor Kun...
If you care to read..and please..This is the last reply I will give you people today concerning tithe...I told you, follow what you believe..Teach it but don't enforce it.
Numbers 18:24
But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.

Nehemiah 10:37|
Andthatwe should bring the firstfruits of our dough, and our offerings, and the fruit of all manner of trees, of wine and of oil, unto the priests, to the chambers of the house of our God; and the tithes of our ground unto the Levites, that the same Levites might have the tithes in all the cities of our tillage

Malachi 3:10...
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, thatthere shallnotbe roomenoughto receive it.
1 Corinthians 16:2- Upon the first [day] of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as [God] hath prospered him...
2 Corinthians 9:7 - Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, [so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver
Acts 20:35- I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
1 Timothy 5:17-18- Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
10 And herein I give [my] advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago.
11 Now therefore perform the doing [of it]; that as [there was] a readiness to will, so [there may be] a performance also out of that which ye have.
12 For if there be first a willing mind, [it is] accepted according to that a man hath, [and] not according to that he hath not.
13 For [I mean] not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:
14 But by an equality, [that] now at this time your abundance [may be a supply] for their want, that their abundance also may be [a supply] for your want: that there may be equality:
15 As it is written, He that [had gathered] much had nothing over; and he that [had gathered] little had no lack.
16 But thanks [be] to God, which put the same earnest care into the heart of Titus for you.
17 For indeed he accepted the exhortation; but being more forward, of his own accord he went unto you.
18 And we have sent with him the brother, whose praise [is] in the gospel throughout all the churches;
19 And not [that] only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and [declaration of] your ready mind:
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 06, 2014
^^^

Stop preaching this LIE and start peaching the kingdom of GOD.

People are already suffering and struggling to meet the needs of their families and relatives and here you are encouraging they give up their meagre wages .

Be careful before God's judgement falls suddenly.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 06, 2014
frosbel: ^^^

Stop preaching this LIE and start peaching the kingdom of GOD.

People are already suffering and struggling to meet the needs of their families and relatives and here you are encouraging they give up their meagre wages .

Be careful before God's judgement falls suddenly.

Thanks.
Jesus said Give and it shall be giving you, good measure pressed down and shaking together for in the same measure ye mete..Withal it shall be measured unto you
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 06, 2014
Divepen:
Jesus said Give and it shall be giving you, good measure pressed down and shaking together for in the same measure ye mete..Withal it shall be measured unto you

but give to who ? Give to Pastor or give to the needy ?

1 Like

Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2014
frosbel:

but give to who ? Give to Pastor or give to the needy ?
God owns the church...
Christains are the church...Where we meet is fellowship ground..
Where two or more are Gathered in Jesus name he is there...
Human love physical head as seen in the days Isreal asked For a king from samuel, so the pastor is the human head.
Re: The Secret About Tithing You Should Know by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 06, 2014
^^^^

I disagree.

This is the rule for headship of the body of Christ.

Individual level

"But there is one thing I want you to know: The head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God." - 1 Corinthians 11:3

- Head of Christ is GOD
- Christ is the head of MAN
- Man is head of the wife

Corporate level.

" as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior." - Ephesians 5:23

"And do not be called masters either, because you have one Master, the Messiah. " - Matthew 23:10

No MAN or MOG or Pastor is the head of either the church as a whole or even the smallest unit which is the family.

They can be the head of their denominations or kingdoms, but this has nothing to with Christ.

Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko-haram Are The True Muslims. / Pseudo Science Exposed Again! Wooly Mammoth Is Less Than 5000 Years Old. / Pastor Catches Wife Having Sex With Guest Pastor He Invited To His Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.