Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

What Men Wear - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Men Wear (5064 Views)

Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Short Trousers / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Men Wear by sino(m): 9:33am On Nov 08, 2012
deols:

You dont have to give the shirt away o. Only red is mentioned in the hadith. And the gay thing doesnt apply in Nigeria. What too much television can do to d mind #mybad.
Lol, well, maybe i'll keep it till my mind is clear

Mind detoxication, activated grin
Re: What Men Wear by sino(m): 9:37am On Nov 08, 2012
olawalebabs: I heard something which I can't substantiate now, Is Suit an Arab wear before the west "hijack" it from them?
Nah, i think its the monkey jacket lol

But seriously i doubt it.
Re: What Men Wear by Mustay(m): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2012
sino:

Dont let my granpa see this o, to him, a muslim must wear a turban and it must be several yards long lol.

I think it stemed from trying to imitate the prophet(saw) since we were told he had a turban, automatically it is part of a muslims attire, not trying to differentiate culture from religion...the arabs wore the turban before Islam na.

My ish has to do with how people here tend to ascribe dressing in a particular style synonymous to what they see of other scholars as some kinda OFFICIAL MUSLIM attire.
Re: What Men Wear by tbaba1234: 10:04am On Nov 08, 2012
Great thread!!
Re: What Men Wear by tintingz(m): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
deols:
U are right bout d turban thing. I thnk it is just a borrowed culture which many later attached meanings to. If u studied in d west u'd most probabky have a part of their culture leave with you. I thnk d same happened with the earlier Muslims in Nigeria. They imbibed some arab culture which are not necessarily parts of Islam.

That whiz kid part ehn grin
Reminds me of how the way you dress says a lot about you.
asfar i cover the part of my body that should not be exposed i dont see anything wrong in my dressing. . .what if Allah(swt) raised Mohammed(sa) among the scoltish(scoltland) people that means every muslim men must wear skirts?? buh Allah raised him an arab cheesy . . .
Re: What Men Wear by olawalebabs(m): 1:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
sino:
Nah, i think its the monkey jacket lol

But seriously i doubt it.
Thanks for the response, when I heard am not sure, that is why I have to throw it to the floor
Re: What Men Wear by deols(f): 11:06am On Nov 09, 2012
tintingz: asfar i cover the part of my body that should not be exposed i dont see anything wrong in my dressing. . .what if Allah(swt) raised Mohammed(sa) among the scoltish(scoltland) people that means every muslim men must wear skirts?? buh Allah raised him an arab cheesy . . .

You know I had to google whiz kid to have a better understanding of what you dress like. Not too bad but some aint too good.

Am sure u know when slim fit is too slim and you would make the right decision.

True.if the prophet was yoruba,he'd prolly where buba nd sokoto and maybe if at this era,wear jeans.

1 Like

Re: What Men Wear by sino(m): 11:58am On Nov 09, 2012
Mustay:

My ish has to do with how people here tend to ascribe dressing in a particular style synonymous to what they see of other scholars as some kinda OFFICIAL MUSLIM attire.

yeah, some will even look down on you as if you are less of a muslim cos you dress against their perceived OFFICIAL MUSLIM attire. I have heard a brother tell another wearing a shirt that he is wearing the cloths of the yehuud, automatically he is imitating them(according to the hadith of the Prophet(saw).

1 Like

Re: What Men Wear by tintingz(m): 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
deols:

You know I had to google whiz kid to have a better understanding of what you dress like. Not too bad but some aint too good.

Am sure u know when slim fit is too slim and you would make the right decision.

True.if the prophet was yoruba,he'd prolly where buba nd sokoto and maybe if at this era,wear jeans.
i dont wear tight jeans nor transparent shirts. . .i wear what fit me and not over size wear.
Abeg judge me if this ones are too tight(tight jeans)
Re: What Men Wear by Mustay(m): 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
^^^ Pls upload the pic again. e no show

You know it's tight when your legs can't 'breathe'

&

You know it's tight when you are not free - it won't allow you to jog/run well for example.
Re: What Men Wear by tintingz(m): 2:38pm On Nov 09, 2012
^^done. . .thats the kinda jeans i wear
Re: What Men Wear by Mustay(m): 7:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
Na wa o! So guys too dey follow join for this color blocking rioting. Methinks the second one is okay from what I can see of it. The first one iyaf block my eye tongue

About wearing what one would wear outside, often times, artisans (especially mechanics) wear their workshop clothes to the mosque :-/
One imam had challenged them during Jum'ah that they can't wear such to see the governor but find it convenient not to be able to change clothes for salat.
Re: What Men Wear by sino(m): 11:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
tintingz: ^^done. . .thats the kinda jeans i wear

Pencil jeans? They look feminine to me, like pencil skirt...i think they were originally made for ladies...
Having your own tailor sew it, especially cotton materials, looks better than buying the ready-made ones(jeans).

Personally, i no fit wear am at all!
Re: What Men Wear by sino(m): 11:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
Mustay: Na wa o! So guys too dey follow join for this color blocking rioting. Methinks the second one is okay from what I can see of it. The first one iyaf block my eye tongue

About wearing what one would wear outside, often times, artisans (especially mechanics) wear their workshop clothes to the mosque :-/
One imam had challenged them during Jum'ah that they can't wear such to see the governor but find it convenient not to be able to change clothes for salat.

Yeah mechanics and meat sellers are the major culprit here, well, i guess its not their fault, most of them are not adequately educated about Islam and cleanliness.

Be neat, be smart, if you like, you can be trendy but not like the color riot guy o! grin that's an example of "were yo ni kona" lol
Re: What Men Wear by tintingz(m): 4:14am On Nov 10, 2012
^^LOL!. . .this jeans are not faminine cuz it aint tight. . .they are worn since 80s even my dadd an alhaji don wear am in those days, even tighter ones when he was still doing boys with his afro hair grin . . .i dont know how this ones look feminine, if i show you tight ones nko werrin that one go be??
@mustay, i dont realy wear colour riout i only want to show you the jeans. . .tho i love the colour thing, no be only female colours are made for grin
Re: What Men Wear by Mustay(m): 5:44am On Nov 10, 2012
^^^ Don't let us catch you wearing red like 'reading thingz'. :-)

Wonder why some mosques don't take it upon themselves to enlighten 'users' of the mosques. If it's mentioned or so in these mosques, these artisans who may have not read or sought knowledge (lame excuse) would have stopped this - this reminds me of the hadith that talked about the actions of the ignorant and that of those seeking knowledge.

This cap thing ehn -

Fiqh us-Sunnah (Purification and Prayer) by As- Sayyid Sabiq

Re: What Men Wear by tintingz(m): 6:45am On Nov 10, 2012
did the prophet(saw) appointed colour of material we should wear to the mosque??
Re: What Men Wear by tbaba1234: 6:57am On Nov 10, 2012
Tight jean- bad!!

No Tight Jeans

grin grin grin

On a serious note, tight jeans like the ones you showed are not advisable. It exposes the Awra, Men are supposed to have their navels to their knees covered, wearing tight Jeans defeats the purpose of covering it.

So just like a woman should not wear tight- fitting clothes when covering her awra, the same applies for men too...
Re: What Men Wear by tintingz(m): 7:12am On Nov 10, 2012
tbaba1234: Tight jean- bad!!

No Tight Jeans

grin grin grin

On a serious note, tight jeans like the ones you showed are not advisable. It exposes the Awra, Men are supposed to have their navels to their knees covered, wearing tight Jeans defeats the purpose of covering it.

So just like a woman should not wear tight- fitting clothes when covering her awra, the same applies for men too...
maybe i should start wearing baggy jeans then. . . Lol grin

1 Like

Re: What Men Wear by tbaba1234: 7:17am On Nov 10, 2012
Just wear loose jeans, not one that hugs your skin
Re: What Men Wear by sino(m): 7:23am On Nov 10, 2012
tintingz: did the prophet(saw) appointed colour of material we should wear to the mosque??

All are permissible except for Red, the hadith is in the OP.
*modified* i think i need glasses lol
deols:
7. Praying in saffron dyed clothes (Saffron colour is red or bright orange-red)- guru maharaji style cheesy red-red is so gay grin
[/color]
'Abdullaah ibn 'Umar (radhiAllahu 'anhumaa) said that the Messenger of Allah (sallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) saw him dressed with two saffron coloured garments. So he said, "This is the dress of the disbelievers, so do not clothe yourself with it." [Muslim, Musnad Ahmad]

In one narration he (sallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said to him, "Did your mother order you to wear it?" I said, "Shall I wash them both?" He said, "Rather burn them both!"

Yet another narration says, "So I did that."

In another narration it says how he was seen by the Prophet (sallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) in a garment stained with saffron dye so he was told, "What is this garment that is upon you?!" So he understood by that its dislike and went home and found them heating up the stove to cook meat and threw the garment into it. Then he went to the Prophet (sallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) the next day and he said, "What have you done with your garment?" So when he had told him, he said, "Why didn't you clothe some of your family with it? There is no harm in the ladies using it." [Musnad Ahmad, Abu Dawud, Ibn Maajah]

It is reported from Anas (radhiAllahu 'anhu) that the Prophet (sallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) forbade the man from wearing saffron (clothes). [Bukhaari]

'Ali (radhiAllahu 'anhu) said the Prophet (sallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) forbade from saffron dyed clothes. [Muslim, Nisai, Abu Dawud]

Ibn Qudaamah said, "Concerning praying in red garments, our companions have said it is makrooh for a man to clothe in it and pray in it." [Al-Mughni]

Ibn-ul-Qayyim discusses this in "Zaad-ul-Ma'ad" and says it is indeed very strongly disliked although still permissible. Allah granted refuge from it to the Prophet (sallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) when he wore a blood-red garment and now there is doubt as to the true meaning of red cloth.

At-Tabraani in "Al-Awsat" discusses the red garment of the Prophet (sallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) and says it is a mistake to think the garment was pure red and not mixed with anything else. This red garment was a Yemeni costume woven with red and yellow thread like all such Yemeni costumes. It is called red due to the red thread in it. As for pure red then this is strongly forbidden.
Re: What Men Wear by tintingz(m): 7:46am On Nov 10, 2012
the hadith said garment. . .and am sure no man wear garment in this age nor put on a red jalabiya. . .i dont even like red materials
Re: What Men Wear by tintingz(m): 7:50am On Nov 10, 2012
tbaba1234: Just wear loose jeans, not one that hugs your skin
ok sir
Re: What Men Wear by sino(m): 7:53am On Nov 10, 2012
^ a garment is an item of clothing or piece of clothing, its every cloth you can think of, not only the jalabia
Re: What Men Wear by tintingz(m): 7:59am On Nov 10, 2012
sino: ^ a garment is an item of clothing or piece of clothing, its every cloth you can think of, not only the jalabia
what if am working in a company that gives a red shirt as the colour of the company outfit like some banks do. . .that means i have to go home and change for prayer(salat) when have not close for the day?
Re: What Men Wear by sino(m): 8:30am On Nov 10, 2012
tintingz: what if am working in a company that gives a red shirt as the colour of the company outfit like some banks do. . .that means i have to go home and change for prayer(salat) when have not close for the day?

Well, you don't need to go home, you can pray like that or rather you can always come along with an extra shirt since its considered makrooh by some scholars.

From what i have read so far, red is forbidden for men just like silk and gold, one should try as much to abstain from them.

Allahu 'alam
Re: What Men Wear by busar(m): 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
jazaakillahu khayr,sis.I jst pray we brodas adhere 2 dis kind of dressing.
Re: What Men Wear by tintingz(m): 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
sino:

Well, you don't need to go home, you can pray like that or rather you can always come along with an extra shirt since its considered makrooh by some scholars.

From what i have read so far, red is forbidden for men just like silk and gold, one should try as much to abstain from them.

Allahu 'alam
owkay. . .thanx brother
Re: What Men Wear by deols(f): 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
Interesting Conversation.

Ehn and dat color riot thing. U wldnt know wat it did to me.
I simply stopped getting concerned about certain fashion rules. Why follow them when in some yrs to come what they term a taboo now would be in vogue.

Imagine someone wearing that some 10-15yrs ago. Pple would av laffed at him and when you wear it now,u'r cool. It sounds to me like a matter of being enslaved by the you-know-whos of d society. Some will get away wv anything,calling them fashion statements and you cannot because u'r a 'nobody'.

And I decide to be able to get away with them since I wldnt care about what the 'society' has to say especially when those things dont contradict my religious belief.

1 Like

Re: What Men Wear by tpia1: 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2012
cant make head or tail of the thread, but what about those "chakrah" type trousers- think they're unisex.

you know, the aladin type ones.

i think they're considered native.
Re: What Men Wear by tpia1: 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2012
@ deols

are you a fashion designer?

or interested in such.
Re: What Men Wear by deols(f): 9:53am On Nov 17, 2012
tpia1: @ deols

are you a fashion designer?

or interested in such.

am interested in cutting and sewing with scalpels and threads..how may that help this thread?

@tintings, somehow the name sounds like tightthings to me, no offense grin. I am sure you got the best replies already. The choice is urs now and with my fingers crossed, I believe u'll make the best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Was The Prophet - Salallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam - Received In Madeenah...? / If You Masturbate And Ejaculate While Fasting Then Your Fasting Is Invalid / Rulings For One Who Is Late For The Congregational Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.