Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. (1953 Views)

The Six Catholic Seminarians Lying In State. Rip (Photo) / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
At the cathedral in Venice,
Florida,
Dr. Rice says that the pastor
dropped a Host without
knowing
it, as he was administering
Communion to one of the
servers.
It fell out of the ciborium
without
his noticing it. "So when Anita
and I went up to receive
Communion, I leaned over to
the
priest and said, 'Father, you
dropped Jesus on the floor.' He
got this blank look on his face,
just stunned, and I said, 'May I
have the privilege of rescuing
Our
Lord from the floor?' and he
said,
'Yes, of course.'
"And so I went up to the
sanctuary area, leaned over,
and
picked Jesus up off the floor,

then
went back down around the
front
of the altar and bowed before
the
altar and consumed the
Eucharist.
I went back to my seat and sat
down and then knelt forward.

The bolded part caught my attention. And i was bamboozled when some Catholics said there is nothing wrong with the statement.

I want to know if the statement is generally acceptable to Catholics or that the few that supported it are just ignorant.

The focus is on.
1 Dropping Jesus on the floor

2 Rescuing our lord from the floor

3 Picking Jesus off the floor.

Is this right?
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by ikananwa(m): 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
U have done the best!
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
I think the title of this thread should be changed to "is the eucharist really the body and blood of Jesus"
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
ikananwa: U have done the best!

let us be the ones to correct our selves than leave it for outsides to do so.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Anyigala(m): 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
chukwudi44: I think the title of this thread should be changed to "is the eucharist really the body and blood of Jesus"

seconded. You cannot get the true meaning of what Dr Rice meant if you don't no what Catholics believe Eucharist to be. Actually, what all Christians believe Eucharist to be for about 1500 years.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by ijawkid(m): 9:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
Anyigala:

seconded. You cannot get the true meaning of what Dr Rice meant if you don't no what Catholics believe Eucharist to be. Actually, what all Christians believe Eucharist to be for about 1500 years.

Oya what is the eucharist??
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
chukwudi44: I think the title of this thread should be changed to "is the eucharist really the body and blood of Jesus"

The title is not an issue but the bolded statement is.

This is a very bad misnomer. How can one say he wants to pick Jesus from the floor. And also to rescue our Lord from the floor. What if it the wine(His blood) which you forgot is separate, is what mistakingly poured on the floor, will he say let me clean Jesus from the floor?

Don't you think there should be a better way to saying that?

Infact there is no need to talk much. The man, the Rcc father, italo, ubenedictus, you, plus including those that support this statement should ask our lord for forgiveness. Period.

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
Boomark:

The title is not an issue but the bolded statement is.

This is a very bad misnomer. How can one say he wants to pick Jesus from the floor. And also to rescue our Lord from the floor. What if it the wine(His blood) which you forgot is separate, is what mistakingly poured on the floor, will he say let me clean Jesus from the floor?

Don't you think there should be a better way to saying that?

Infact there is no need to talk much. The man, the Rcc father, italo, ubenedictus, you, plus including those that support this statement should ask our lord for forgiveness. Period.

The fact remains that the main bone of contention here is" is the eucharist the body and blood of Jesus" kapish
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
You should be the one apologising to Jesus for denying the presence of christ in the eucharist
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by member18: 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
chukwudi44: You should be the one apologising to Jesus for denying the presence of christ in the eucharist
How do we really know that Jesus is in the eucharist?
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
! :

How do we really know that Jesus is in the eucharist?

What he will say is it is a mystery.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 3:35am On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44:

The fact remains that the main bone of contention here is" is the eucharist the body and blood of Jesus" kapish

Ijawkid asked you and anyigala to tell us what a eucharist is. You fail to answer.

A catholic priest affirmed to this statement:
you dropped Jesus on the floor. Let me pick Jesus from the floor.
This the bone of contention.

Jesus being equal to the wafer is not good my brother.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by member18: 3:50am On Nov 07, 2012
This one na simple question. IS JESUS THE EUCHARIST OR JESUS IS NOT? NO CATHOLIC CAN BEAT THEIR HAND ON THEIR CHEST AND TELL ME?
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Nobody: 5:22am On Nov 07, 2012
! :
This one na simple question. IS JESUS THE EUCHARIST OR JESUS IS NOT? NO CATHOLIC CAN BEAT THEIR HAND ON THEIR CHEST AND TELL ME?

So you think people should forgo their sleep because you asked a question on nl? Does it occur to you that most of us will go to work in the morning.life does not revolve around nl alone.

Yes of course Jesus is pysically present in the eucharist.we know this because he said so in the scriptures and has constantly manifested himself in several eucharistic miracles over the years
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 7:12am On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44:

So you think people should forgo their sleep because you asked a question on nl? Does it occur to you that most of us will go to work in the morning.life does not revolve around nl alone.

Yes of course Jesus is pysically present in the eucharist.we know this because he said so in the scriptures and has constantly manifested himself in several eucharistic miracles over the years

Were you forced to wake up and answer?

His question is simple. Is Jesus the eucharist? Anything can perform miracle these end time period.

Besides we don't know what a eucharist is. You don't just make any things and call it Jesus. Just as you guys carve a cross with whose image i don't know placed on it, calling it Jesus. This is insult of the highest order.

Your Popes and co have made a very big mistakes in history. That is what going outside the scripture to borrow practices can cause. Pride will not allow them to change.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by member18: 7:34am On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44:

Okay, that is all i wanted to hear. Which one is forgo sleep? Most of us work now, and some of us are on leave at the moment. Thanks for you response.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by italo: 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
Dear Boomark,

Don't blame Catholics.

Blame Jesus.

He was the one who took BREAD, and after blessing it, said "THIS IS MY BODY!"

So how is it our fault that we believe him and you don't?

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 7:54pm On Nov 07, 2012
italo: Dear Boomark,

Don't blame Catholics.

Blame Jesus.

He was the one who took BREAD, and after blessing it, said "THIS IS MY BODY!"

So how is it our fault that we believe him and you don't?

Brother, you got it right there. He said "THIS IS MY BODY" not "THIS IS JESUS."

Jesus Christ is your messiah, your saviour, greater than you to infinity. You can't rescue or pick him in any way or form.

Catholics are to be blamed for showing no respect to our Lord. Who is at the right hand of the Father saving and rescuing them from the works of satan. Who they now boldly say they can pick from the floor.

SMH in pity.

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by italo: 8:05am On Nov 09, 2012
Okay, you are trying to teach me that Jesus' body is not Jesus. Perhaps you think it is Moses.

Jesus said "I am the bread of life"

I will believe him, not you.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
italo: Okay, you are trying to teach me that Jesus' body is not Jesus. Perhaps you think it is Moses.

Jesus said "I am the bread of life"

I will believe him, not you.

let me SMH first.

So you will also not know what it to say "you are the salt of the world?"

will you go and buy iodized salt and name it italo? Idol worship is affect catholics understanding of the scripture.

All of you should asked our lord for forgiveness and never belittle Him again,

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by xynerise: 9:53pm On Nov 09, 2012
Boomark:

. He said "THIS IS MY BODY" not "THIS IS JESUS."

who owns the body? Seriously, I hate blind argument.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 6:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
xynerise:
who owns the body? Seriously, I hate blind argument.

Jesus owns the body.

So is the bread Jesus or his body? Before you answer also remember the wine.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by ijawkid(m): 6:45pm On Nov 10, 2012
Boomark:

let me SMH first.

So you will also not know what it to say "you are the salt of the world?"

will you go and buy iodized salt and name it italo? Idol worship is affect catholics understanding of the scripture.

All of you should asked our lord for forgiveness and never belittle Him again,

Perfect example you put up there....

We are all iodized salt since we are salt of the world....

Or since we and Jesus are called ""light of the world"" that means we are all flourescent tubes or lanterns.......

Italo and co. Just wanna be cannibals....

2 Likes

Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
ijawkid:

Perfect example you put up there....

We are all iodized salt since we are salt of the world....

Or since we and Jesus are called ""light of the world"" that means we are all flourescent tubes or lanterns.......

Italo and co. Just wanna be cannibals....

I hope they wount name the sun after themselves saying, "this is me(sun), i am the light of the world."

All these, they are just doing for the sake of the Pope.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
So Jesus's body is no longer Jesus abi ? I laugh in spanish
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by italo: 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2012
Their mates are making money doing stand-up comedy shows all over the place, they are here cracking jokes for free.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2012
After the blessing,
1 Did the bread become Jesus or his body?
2 Did the wine become Jesus or his blood?

If you can't answer these questions, ask your priest or Pope if you can get to him.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by vickyO(f): 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
Mehn, most of this catholic peeps are ignorant. My body isn't me, its just a part of my make up. So is Christ's body, its is a part of Him not Him. Com'on, open the compartment of understanding in your brain(s). @ question they are meant to say let me pick up the statute of jesus not jesus gan gan..
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
vickyO: Mehn, most of this catholic peeps are ignorant. My body isn't me, its just a part of my make up. So is Christ's body, its is a part of Him not Him. Com'on, open the compartment of understanding in your brain(s). @ question they are meant to say let me pick up the statute of jesus not jesus gan gan..

My dear, they don't have any compartment to open. That is why they mock themselves not Christ.

But due to the man(Pope) that makes himself their salvation, they disobey Christ willingly.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by italo: 12:18am On Nov 14, 2012
vickyO: Mehn, most of this catholic peeps are ignorant. My body isn't me, its just a part of my make up. So is Christ's body, its is a part of Him not Him. Com'on, open the compartment of understanding in your brain(s). @ question they are meant to say let me pick up the statute of jesus not jesus gan gan..

Question 1: when Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to the tomb, who were they looking for, 'the body of Jesus' or 'Jesus'?

2: what was laid in the tomb, was it 'the body of Jesus' or 'Jesus'?

3: what rose from the tomb, was it 'the body of Jesus' or 'Jesus'?
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by Boomark(m): 6:18am On Nov 14, 2012
italo:

Question 1: when Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to the tomb, who were they looking for, 'the body of Jesus' or 'Jesus'?

2: what was laid in the tomb, was it 'the body of Jesus' or 'Jesus'?

3: what rose from the tomb, was it 'the body of Jesus' or 'Jesus'?

''Use of English.'' try and get the book. Your questions are good questions. But in english, there are things can't apply to both body or blood and the whole of the person. Eg:

Italina(your wife), Itiy(your daughter)

1. When you married her, did you marry her body or Italina?

2. When she safely gave birth to Itiy and lost some blood, did she loose her blood or italina?

3. When you want to pick Itiy from school(not with your hand o), did you pick her body or Itiy?

4. When Itiy drinks/smokes garri, is it her body that drinks it or Itiy?

This will help you a little or greatly.
Re: A Catholic Statement Downgrading Jesus. by italo: 7:09am On Nov 14, 2012
@ Boomark, I didn't expect you to answer my question. But please allow the person I asked to answer it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The True Meaning Of "Supernatural"? / Abiku {born To Die Prematurely} ~ Read To Discover If You Are An Abiku / Fine Tuning Of The Universe, Prove Of A Designer Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.