Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives (10364 Views)

Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? / Do Husbands Feel Guilty After Making Love To Their Wives / Why Do Husbands Get Bored Of Their Wives Soon After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by mumumugu(m): 12:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
My mum always complains that my dad neva acknowledge his mistake. Even when its obvious, he tries to justify why he acted the way he did.

He sometimes says statement like, I THOUGHT...., I EXPECTD U TOO...., YOU SHOULD HAVE .......etc

he neva says SORRY. This annoyd my mum so much dat she woke us one night about 15 years ago and made us promise to apologise immediately we are acusd of any misdeed b4 defendin ourself.

I have since grown up wit dis and i must say, SORRY helps in maintainin a relationship .
I noticed my dad isnt alone in dis,many men are. .SORRY is a big word for us to say.why is dis so?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
i think saying sorry is pointless UNLESS YOU MEAN IT, and to mean it you have to believe that you did something wrong....... so i think your mother was WRONG in teaching you to say sorry whenever you are accused of something, and you should instead ONLY say sorry when you believe you have done something wrong.

now, if your partner tells you that something that YOU believe is right, makes her feel bad (or whatever) then tell her that you are sorry about HOW SHE FEELS, but not about what you did, while explaining to her why you think it is right to do what you did.

16 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by k2039: 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
The answer to your question is simple.

If the mistake is so glaring and the man has refused to apologize, that's simply because he is ARROGANT

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by ayee001: 9:50am On Nov 08, 2012
It's about the easiest thing for me to say - I'M SORRY BABE.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by yuzedo: 9:50am On Nov 08, 2012
MRbrownJAY sir, can you adopt me?? I'm your biggest fan! sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by megxo(m): 9:51am On Nov 08, 2012
cos she's D wife n he's d HUBBY.............. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 08, 2012
Instead of asking us, you ought to have asked the one person you know who does it- your dad. Now go get an answer from him and give us all a feedback! Waiting...

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by stynoski: 9:54am On Nov 08, 2012
With men, it has to do with pride. The more the pride a man has, the more difficult it is for him to apologize, to whomever (but especially to his wife). It takes a man with lots of love for his wife and maturity to apologize to her. However, when you marry someone you know, you should know when the person is apologetic - even when the person does not say it!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by maninmood(m): 9:55am On Nov 08, 2012
Insecurity. Complex.

What is wrong in apologizing to my wife if I mess up?
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by ogb5(m): 10:00am On Nov 08, 2012
mumumugu: My mum always complains that my dad neva acknowledge his mistake. Even when its obvious, he tries to justify why he acted the way he did.

He sometimes says statement like, I THOUGHT...., I EXPECTD U TOO...., YOU SHOULD HAVE .......etc

he neva says SORRY. This annoyd my mum so much dat she woke us one night about 15 years ago and made us promise to apologise immediately we are acusd of any misdeed b4 defendin ourself.

I have since grown up wit dis and i must say, SORRY helps in maintainin a relationship .
I noticed my dad isnt alone in dis,many men are. .SORRY is a big word for us to say.why is dis so?

your mum brainwashed you.

why should you apologise without defending yourself. only apologise if you are wrong and apologising will make the relationship better.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by crusufixo(m): 10:01am On Nov 08, 2012
Its just the Ego of us men. But then, I do believe it wont hurt to admit once in a while that he is wrong and say sorry. In essence I would say that we (Men)should not over do it. If we tend to say we are sorry all the time, women ( no matter how nice they are ) would at some point ( Consciously or unconsciously ) take us for granted. And trust me, once your woman takes you for granted, you are most definitely loosing your authority as the head of the house. But then , like i said earlier, we should not over do it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 08, 2012
If you're in the habit of always saying sorry (even when you're wrong), then you ultimately have no value.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by eduson55(m): 10:05am On Nov 08, 2012
[size=28pt]Because they have not come to realize what marriage is all about[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by NAJALYN: 10:06am On Nov 08, 2012
Its an ego problem. Most men have it.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by lolaluv1(f): 10:06am On Nov 08, 2012
My ex was good at saying sorry. Excellent even.

Problem was after every occasion of me accepting 'sorry', he went on to misbehave on a larger scale. Then would go on to beg me on a larger scale.

Omo, I gats quit when I see say the issue don dey become vicious cycle of 'hurts and sorrys'!
grin

What I'm trying to say in essence is, if you're gonna be saying sorry? Please, mean it! By not doing the same thing over and over.

Being able to say sorry when you have erred and mean it, is a soothing balm that heals wounds in a relationship.
Not saying a heartfelt sorry for misdeeds, breeds resentment in your woman!

My parents on the other hand don't have this problem of apologising to each other after a misunderstanding.
grin.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by NAJALYN: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2012
Its an ego problem. Most men have it.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Lordave: 10:08am On Nov 08, 2012
I just asked my parents and they said that they do not find it difficult apologising to each other after any misunderstanding. @op ur dad needs a deliverance service.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Michymi: 10:08am On Nov 08, 2012
ogb5:

your mum brainwashed you.

why should you apologise without defending yourself. only apologise if you are wrong and apologising will make the relationship better.

Oga, please read well, she never said apologise without defending yourself but before defending yourself. Go drink coffee to wake up

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by buhak: 10:08am On Nov 08, 2012
is part of africa culture
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Kslib(m): 10:13am On Nov 08, 2012
buhak: is part of africa culture
Which african culture be dat.. Maybe na from your papa/mama side,but certainly not an african culture...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Kassidy90(m): 10:15am On Nov 08, 2012
Dats wat I called XY gene ego....bt like someone u can only say sorry when its obvious dat u ar wrong nt whn u ar right n d other party is hurt by dat
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by ogayor: 10:16am On Nov 08, 2012
my own opinion:
Because woman find it easy to find fault, husbands don't want to ply same easy road to apologise. i laugh

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by bumtos(m): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2012
saying sorry determined who has fault . If Husband has fault he should be able to say sorry to his wife and if wife, she should do thesame. But to allow peace to raign in their home, they should lean how to say sorry to each other.
NB:- Sorry brings peace to the family/home.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by adejama: 10:18am On Nov 08, 2012
Well me fink it all has to do with arrongancy in men, nevertheless, I cnt appologise for something I knw am nt guilty abt, it doesn't make sense to do so!
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:19am On Nov 08, 2012
because after the apology the man must sign a cheque........

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Nuzo1(m): 10:21am On Nov 08, 2012
Aside from ego, it borders more on the wickedness of the heart. I can't imagine wronging someone and keeping mute after realizing that.
Best way to get this kinds of people to change is never hesitate to apologize whenever you feel you have hurt them, but if they in turn refuses to apologize when they hurt you...even when its obvious. RUN for your dear life.

He or she is a devil incarnate! shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by sundaybam(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2012
Not all men find it hard 2 say sorry. Sometimes men are not Faulty but ladies will be but still want to hear that sorry. In that case I can never say sorry. Say am arrogant. I don't care.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Ndoz(m): 10:27am On Nov 08, 2012
Watchin
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by blackbeau1(f): 10:28am On Nov 08, 2012
Because men feel they are superior than the females and so believe that they have nopthing to apologize for
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by blackbeau1(f): 10:31am On Nov 08, 2012
And I forgot to add the second reason.-because women or most ladies allow them to get away with it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Achieverbaba: 10:36am On Nov 08, 2012
simple... male ego

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here Again / Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation / Starting A Baby On Solid Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.