Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation (10352 Views)

'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death / Woman Photoshops Late Husband To Family Pictures To Celebrate His 40th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by ashiwaju2010(m): 8:46am On Jan 29
A 37-year-old widow, Mrs Chinenye Okonkwo of Umuodilogu Kindred Oraifite,in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State, has appealed to the Anambra State Government and human rights organisations to assist her in recovering her late husband’s property from his siblings.

Addressing newsmen on Saturday, 27th January 2024 at Oraifite, Mrs Okonkwo said her late husband's siblings encroached into their land, carried the blocks for their proposed building and sent her and her five childre on exile.

She said that the Umuodilogu village kindred and the widows' organisation under Sir Emeka Offor Foundation tried to settle the matter but to no avail.

'My Late husband, Linus Okonkwo showed me the boundary of his land before his death in 2017 at age of 45. He also molded blocks for a four bedroom flat.

'But his siblings, Boniface and CY Okonkwo are trouble makers.They
sent me away asking me to go remarry and they will consider my children when they are grown.

'They even threatened to kill me if they see me in the family compound. I'm currently living in a rented apartment with my kids. I'm struggling to pay both house rent and children's school fees.

'I'm appealing to the state government and well-meaning Nigerians to help me
recover my late husband’s property from his siblings.

For her part, the Leader of the widows' organisation, Mrs Ogechi Izuka, said they reported the matter to the International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA), Awka, and the culprits had been served papers.

'Unfortunately, our NGO, do not have the right to interfere in family affairs. There is a limit we can go. We can only resort to protest or demonstration if the matter is life threatening.

'We want both the government and members of the public to intervene to serve as deterrent to others who may be planning similar actions on other widows. We want this to be the last,' she said.

Earlier in a remark, the Chairman, Umuodilogu kindred, Mr Francis Okafor, said they frowned and strongly condemned actions of the widow's brother-in-law.

'We have been trying to amicably resolve the matter in-house, but it escalated when Boniface and his team resorted to violence, the first of its kind in our kindred.

'They even threatened to kill one of our kinsman for defending the widow,' he concluded.

Efforts made by the reporter as the time filling this report to reach the accused persons proved abortive .
https://punchng.com/anambra-widow-battling-forced-eviction-by-in-law-seeks-help/?amp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Mokason288(m): 8:47am On Jan 29
grin

2 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Xscape1993(m): 8:50am On Jan 29
Wickedness of men.

15 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by talented321: 9:24am On Jan 29
But i heard in that part of the country they don't value their women, that's why they always sell their women out..
Why will grown men will be looking after another man's property when he has a wife and children. If you ask me it is laziness..

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by merits(m): 9:29am On Jan 29
ashiwaju2010:

https://punchng.com/anambra-widow-battling-forced-eviction-by-in-law-seeks-help/?amp

May we live long for our family ooo,so that none of our children will be orphan and none of us would be widow or widower.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by israelmao(m): 9:30am On Jan 29
Some families are full of lazy drones who are always waiting for their rich brothers to die in order to lay undue claim to their property.A man who loves his children and wife should get a good lawyer prepare a will to secure his family from ravenous birds and not die intestate.

23 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by EreluRoz: 9:31am On Jan 29
Wicked

Women should learn not to be weak, if our mother Eve was weak she won't have succeeded in making Adam eat the forbidden fruit. You should know why you are a woman, learn to always take that advantage.

Ten thousand of inlaws like this can't do me shit

2 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Franking: 9:31am On Jan 29
Dey your lane and free the woman, biko.

2 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Bobloco: 9:31am On Jan 29
talented321:
But i heard in that part of the country they don't value their women, that's why they always sell their women out..
Why will grown men will be looking after another man's property when he has a wife and children. If you ask me it is laziness..

You heard wrong bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by GboyegaD(m): 9:31am On Jan 29
I wonder if people that try to take others wealth forget the end of their lives is death as well.

7 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Blackestjunior(m): 9:33am On Jan 29
Bleep

No gree for anybody
Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by pretydiva(f): 9:33am On Jan 29
It’s good to marry into a good family. I pray she gets justice

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Sholaco: 9:34am On Jan 29
This people self sad

2 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by greenermodels: 9:35am On Jan 29
God would see her through, that's why it's always important to marry into a good family.

9 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by dayleke: 9:35am On Jan 29
Ha!!

Sebi they have their own lands too, why are they disturbing the poor woman?

How do you even feel inheriting your sibling's property(ies) while his own family are there?

Na wah o. shocked
cry cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Frankofor10: 9:36am On Jan 29
This is very sad,one of the bad sides of African culture.
Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by BigBlackPreek(m): 9:37am On Jan 29
This is serious oh God help her oh
Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by solmusdesigns: 9:37am On Jan 29
Shameless people

Why not donate to charity what the dead man left

2 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by CHoccolaTE: 9:38am On Jan 29
I thought somebody said all widows usually get support from their husband's family that's why they make better single moms?
I believe it was on the thread below they said it.

https://www.nairaland.com/7969782/men-guys-plz-stop-encouraging
I
@ topic, she should go to social media and tag all the human rights activists she knows with a much evidence as possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by talented321: 9:38am On Jan 29
What about the big pride price and a woman been buried in the husband's community, is that one a lie too?
Bobloco:

You heard wrong bro

3 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Nostring: 9:38am On Jan 29
Wicked ppl

1 Like

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by MissKudoswrite(f): 9:39am On Jan 29
Our prayers is not for our closed ones to die early, to avoid suffering ni

3 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by SavageResponse(m): 9:41am On Jan 29
This is what happens if your husband has siblings who are leeches angry

6 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Hajokexyz: 9:41am On Jan 29
Nigerians Kwenu !!!
Let your fellow human being rest , as if the lose of her husband is not enough torture.
This is coming out of poverty, it is always good when one's siblings have money , they won't even bother about property first after your Death because they have their own money .

1 Like

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Christlike01: 9:41am On Jan 29
If after reading this and you still wonder why Igbo women run after Yoruba men e.g Mrs Betty Akeredolu,Mrs Adetokunbo (Giannis mother), Mrs Rhodes (Chinedu's(GRV) mother),etc,you need to check yourself into a nearby MFM church for a serious deliverance !

Can you imagine how those lazy,wicked men are maltreating and depriving that poor woman and her children of their inheritance!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Coldspice: 9:41am On Jan 29
Not surprised

Na them

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives / Here Again / For The Married Folks: What Happens When The Novelty Wears Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.