Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,415 members, 7,850,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:11 PM

Unconventional Job Interviews You Have Experienced - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unconventional Job Interviews You Have Experienced (597 Views)

Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews / What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews / Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unconventional Job Interviews You Have Experienced by nenergy(m): 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2012
Hello good people, i am working on a project and need inputs from this great forum. I have heard of job interviews in which candidates were judged with unconventional methods. E.g At a job interview in Lagos,candidates were deliberately delayed then taken to a dining hall for lunch and were asked to serve themselves unsupervised. Many candidates exhibited gluttony while others observed table manners. Unknown to them the HRM and panel of interviewers were watching via CCTV. Many people lost the job. Please what other unconventional interview styles have you experienced or heard? Thanks.
Re: Unconventional Job Interviews You Have Experienced by 234GT(m): 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
My funniest interview experience was at Wolex Polytechnic, Abeokuta, in June 2010. They told me my pay would be 4k per month. I would also have the duty of marketing the poly and bringing in students. I would get 250 naira for every student I bring to the school. And the interviewer was eating roasted corn while asking me questions. My only task during the interview was holding back laughter.
Re: Unconventional Job Interviews You Have Experienced by nenergy(m): 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
HahahahaHaha. Thanks for your input smiley
Re: Unconventional Job Interviews You Have Experienced by Mustay(m): 7:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
nenergy: e.g At a job interview in Lagos,candidates were deliberately delayed then taken to a dining hall for lunch and were asked to serve themselves unsupervised. Many candidates exhibited gluttony while others observed table manners.

Lol!

Big Brother is watching you. Boys dey hung - using NL familiar words, some of those candidates must have seen something better than garri!

I've not had such but there's one whereby the interviewer(s) laugh and you're unsure of whether to join in the (obviously not funny) joke undecided
Re: Unconventional Job Interviews You Have Experienced by nenergy(m): 6:12am On Nov 08, 2012
Mustay:

Lol!

Big Brother is watching you. Boys dey hung - using NL familiar words, some of those candidates must have seen something better than garri!

I've not had such but there's one whereby the interviewer(s) laugh and you're unsure of whether to join in the (obviously not funny) joke undecided
Nawa o,holding back laughter can be hard o.lol

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of Having A Mentor / How To Achieve Your Goals In Life...................... / Urgent Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.