Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? (4137 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? / The Role Of Miracles, Signs And Wonders In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Teegreat(m): 6:48am On Nov 08, 2012
Many people go to church because of miracles, yet no visible sign of changes. What do you think about this. Please post your comment.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by pastormustwacc: 7:47am On Nov 08, 2012
They have refused to "seek the kindgdom of God first". This is a generation of evil, where christians no longer know their left from their right.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Teegreat(m): 8:50am On Nov 08, 2012
Signs and wonders are they the legal rights Christians or is it just an opportunity/privilege? Because people really have mixed reaction when it comes to miracle.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by CrazyMan(m): 9:04am On Nov 08, 2012
I think the reason is that the teachings by the leaders of the Church today have gone awry.

My proof is based on the fact that Christ went with the apostles everywhere during his days on earth, confirming their word. (through His power, which resulted in miracles of all kinds) The word they were preaching, were simply Christ's words and the message of Christ.

They preached Jesus, God confirmed they were telling the truth, and people were being healed and set free all over the place.

Today, most churches don't necessarily preach Jesus, Instead they lay more emphasis on tithe and offerings.

They build dozens of expensive universities and acquire private jets.

They live in luxury and show little concern to the flock God instructed them to lead.

They twist and quote the scriptures to their ignorant members and extort them the more.

They make all kinds of evil prophecies so their name can be heard...but instead, they end up bringing shame to God's name.

They are very hot tempered and can slap you publicly should you by any means provoke them.

And finally, they neglect the passage below...

Matthew 6:19-21.  Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2012
CrazyMan: I think the reason is that the teachings by the leaders of the Church today have gone awry.

My proof is based on the fact that Christ went with the apostles everywhere during his days on earth, confirming their word. (through His power, which resulted in miracles of all kinds) The word they were preaching, were simply Christ's words and the message of Christ.

They preached Jesus, God confirmed they were telling the truth, and people were being healed and set free all over the place.

Today, most churches don't necessarily preach Jesus, Instead they lay more emphasis on tithe and offerings.

They build dozens of expensive universities and acquire private jets.

They live in luxury and show little concern to the flock God instructed them to lead.

They twist and quote the scriptures to their ignorant members and extort them the more.

They make all kinds of evil prophecies so their name can be heard...but instead, they end up bringing shame to God's name.

They are very hot tempered and can slap you publicly should you by any means provoke them.

And finally, they neglect the passage below...

Matthew 6:19-21. Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
U just sit in ur house and Conjure up fake theories. How would you relate the question the OP asked to your above statement.

@OP, Miracles are reall, sickness is a state, sound health is a better state of life. Access to healing doesnt have to come from a man of God, every true believer has access to his blood which washes our sins and gives access to sound health.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by CrazyMan(m): 9:25am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo:
U just sit in ur house and Conjure up fake theories. How would you relate the question the OP asked to your above statement.
The first two lines of my post was a response to his question....the others were detailed explanations on the answer I gave.

Read my post properly before hitting the reply button.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 08, 2012
CrazyMan:
The first two lines of my post was a response to his question....the others were detailed explanations on the answer I gave.

Read my post properly before hitting the reply button.

Mr Crazy all u did was speak against the church of God. Somethings are better left unsaid

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Teegreat(m): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2012
If you are a true believer, signs will definitely follow you.
Mark16:17 it says" And these signs shall follow them that believe, in my name they shall cast out demons;they shall speak in tongues.
Another place jesus told Martha in John11:40
"Said I not unto thee, that If you would believe,thou should see the glory of God". That is Wonders! So if you truly believe in Jesus then you are for Signs and Wonders.
Do you Agree?
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by pastormustwacc: 9:43am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo:

Mr Crazy all u did was speak against the church of God. Somethings are better left unsaid
So is CrazyMan lying? What are better left unsaid?
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 08, 2012
pastormustwacc:
So is CrazyMan lying? What are better left unsaid?

Pastor must chop, i dont intend to derail this thread. We could meet in ur other thread and open the words that need to said.

At least we both agree on healing so lets leave it at that.

Faith is the base of every healing.

“Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye
desire, when ye pray,” Jesus said, “believe that ye
receive them, and ye shall have them” (Mark 11:24).

The fact is, you really haven’t prayed in faith if you
pray about something, but don’t take it. If you get
up from prayer saying, “I don’t have it. I’m still sick,
I still feel bad,” then you didn’t take it…and you
certainly don’t have it.

You simply cannot look at the circumstances to
determine whether or not you are healed. II Corinthians 4:18 explains that you must “look not at the things which are seen, but at the things
which are not seen: for the things which are seen
are temporal; but the things which are not seen are
eternal.”
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by CrazyMan(m): 9:51am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo: Mr Crazy all u did was speak against the church of God. Somethings are better left unsaid
So you'd rather keep quiet than rise up against men who rob and extort you publicly...

And for the records, I didn't speak against the church of God, rather I spoke on the decay and corruption which is presently going on in the church....and unless people like you awake from your slumber, and resist it, the body of christ would be reduced to nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by pastormustwacc: 9:58am On Nov 08, 2012
CrazyMan:
So you'd rather keep quiet than rise up against men who rob and extort you publicly...

And for the records, I didn't speak against the church of God, rather I spoke on the decay and corruption which is presently going on in the church....and unless people like you awake from your slumber, and resist it, the body of christ would be reduced to nothing.

In all this, i am in complete agreement with you. Speaking against illegal practices does not mean we speak against christians.

And this is the main problem with Nigerians why we cannot move forward. If i say that a pastor is lying (and the pastor is really lying), rather than people to look for evidence, they will condemn me immediately saying touch not my anointed. . .

And that is why many pastors have been able to easily sidetrack people from the real message. Anyway, i have decided to let the church be, it is the individual christians i am most concerned about.

CHRISTIANS DONT KNOW THEIR CHRISTIAN-RIGHTS!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 08, 2012
CrazyMan:

Now ur derailing. Post Hidden wink
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by CrazyMan(m): 10:24am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo: Now ur derailing. Post Hidden wink
I guess you now know I'm speaking the truth... wink
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 08, 2012
CrazyMan:
I guess you now know I'm speaking the truth... wink

lol, the fact that i dont want to talk about anything other than healing on this thread doesnt mean u are been honest.

Lets meet somewhere else pls.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Teegreat(m): 10:34am On Nov 08, 2012
The leaders of churches might have gotten it wrong somehow because they are human beings like us. Therefore we are not to condemn them but rather we should pray for them. Jesus prayed for Peter after realizing that the devil desires him(peter)Luke22;31-32. So please pray for them.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo:

lololol. More like childhood days.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Teegreat(m): 10:58am On Nov 08, 2012
Am inviting you to the Redeemed Christian Church of God for the annual Congress.
Theme: Signs and Wonders.
Date: 10-16 december, 2012
Venue: Redeemption camp, along Ibadan express way.
It is an avenue for you to learn about signs and wonders, how wonders can be done through u without running about looking for who to pray for you. In fact, God will do wonders through that programme.
Jesus is calling you, bro and sis, you need God's sign, you need wonders and miracles.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 08, 2012
Teegreat: Am inviting you to the Redeemed Christian Church of God for the annual Congress.
Theme: Signs and Wonders.
Date: 10-16 december, 2012
Venue: Redeemption camp, along Ibadan express way.
It is an avenue for you to learn about signs and wonders, how wonders can be done through u without running about looking for who to pray for you. In fact, God will do wonders through that programme.
Jesus is calling you, bro and sis, you need God's sign, you need wonders and miracles.
Is that the aim?
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by CrazyMan(m): 11:03am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo: lol, the fact that i dont want to talk about anything other than healing on this thread doesnt mean u are been honest.

Alright start a thread on another topic and I would be happy to join you...
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Teegreat(m): 11:09am On Nov 08, 2012
Nope, part of it@Reyginus
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2012
Reyginus: lololol. More like childhood days.

LOL @ yourself bro. Must i derail
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by slimming: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2012
Signs and wonders is part of Christianity, it is an heritage to those who believe to enjoy from the father.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo:

LOL @ yourself bro. Must i derail
You sound angry. Why?
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 08, 2012
Reyginus: You sound angry. Why?

Angry I have joy like a river flowing free. Noone can steal my joy, not even faceless pastors wink
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo:

Angry I have joy like a river flowing free. Noone can steal my joy, not even faceless pastors wink
You still sound so. Why?
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Afrocatalyst: 11:39am On Nov 08, 2012
I dont see anytin bad in it, even though I dont support fanatics. Seeking signs and wonders might as well mean expecting sometin good from God and there is nothing bad in great expectations, infact, psychologically, it is good for the human mind that strives for perfection.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Goshen360(m): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2012
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out demons; they shall speak with new tongues; Mark 16:17

These signs shall follow them that believe NOT them that believe follow these signs. Believers have a right and heritage in Christ Jesus. Know your rights as the heirs of the kingdom. Glory to God!
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by tayeola24yahoo: 11:51am On Nov 08, 2012
85 per cent of christain look for miracles cos of:1)povert dat derailed them,2)their faith not strong enough.we should not over emphasis dis cos almost all of us needs miracles even unbeliver needs miracles.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by texazzpete(m): 12:40pm On Nov 08, 2012
teeo:

So speaking against misguided Pastors is now 'speaking against the Church of God'?

The way you people show yourself, eh?
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by Teegreat(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
If you want Jesus to do wonders in your life accept him. By saying:
Lord Jesus come into my life, cleanse all my sins, make anew creature. Do a new thing in my life. Amen
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? by shdemidemi(m): 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
interesting..pls and pls never be deceived about miracles. there are no such things anymore.if u got headache get paracetamol or seriously ill, see your doctor. the mistake we make is that we assume d whole of d bible is written for us, so we try to connect into things that are not for us.our church leaders know some of these things but they dont want u to know cos of thr own personal greed,relevance e.t.c some part of the bible is written just for your information and history and some are written directly to u. no miracle was done without an apostle present and none will happen without an apostle of christ

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Since Jesus Had No Seed, No Man Inherited His Righteousness / Where Do We Go When We Die? / End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture, Prt 4, (pray Always To Escape)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.