Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? (4756 Views)

Am I Really Married Or Sharing A Room With A Man? / Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover / His Wife To Be Is Already Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by Cosmass(f): 8:31am On Nov 08, 2012
In the course of your relationship, through the ups and downs, did you still go ahead and marry the person? Did God show you a sign?

My bf of one year and I had an argument and for us to get back together, he said he needs a sign from God. I even wanted to help him by just breaking up with him and he said no, he just needs a sign from God.

I'm somewhat confused because I really don't know how God will show a sign, he said he will just know.

For those about to already married, could you share some of your stories and did you really get a sign from God?
Re: To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 08, 2012
The common sense and direction God gave me in the Bible showed me the signs. God does not choose a spouse,. he has given us directions of what to watch out for in the Bible, both for husband and wife, a man who loves and is willing to sacrifice his life, who is not rude or baostful, who keeps no record of wrong doing, who doesnt hurt, who is ready to bare and endure, a woman who is submissive and who is not lazy, whose hands are blessed, whose worth in life is not measured in hair and fake eye lashes but in character.
These are the signs God has given us, He has important business like floods, hurricanes, wars, starving children to take care of, let your boyfriend decide what he wants and stop shifting the blame to God. He wants you to hang on endlessly without being responsible for that decision, the day he decides he wants you, he wants you to be there waiting endlessly in prayer, the day he decides to throw you away he will attribute it to God and take no blame.
Use your tongue to count your teeth.

3 Likes

Re: To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by Digital(f): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2012
It a very good thing to get direction from God on whom to marry, b4 i got married their was a good xtain broda that was coming around then, but i never had peace for one day thruout the time we suppose to pray to God abt it and wit that i knew it was not meant to be.

Then after that 2 guys came along and we never got it well all thru. but in my mind i kept thinking another guy will come around and which i kept praying with that and he came around and he is a good guy and fears the Lord, i had perfect peace in my heart and we went ahead and marry

U dont need 1 year to see sign and i dont even know if God show anyone any sign. But for mi i had enof peace in my heart to convinced me

1 Like

Re: To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by 9lifes(m): 11:32am On Nov 08, 2012
Adam did not wait for God to give him a sign before he identified eve as his wife.There is a reason why God gave us the ability to take decisions and think with our minds.No matter how close you claim to be to God,He can not walk with some one that has no expectation,vision or desire for something,and contrary to popular preaches,God does not throw or force things on people.Be careful of people that always push things to God,men should learn to take responsibilities for there actions and decisions (Proverb 16:1-3).

Leave church things aside for now, come out from that religious circle for just a minute-Now look at him with a neutral eye(hard) and ask yourself these questions

1-Will he help me fulfill my dreams/goals in life

2-Is he the kind of man i want to marry

3-Will he be a good role model to my kids

4-Is he the type that take responsibility for his actions easily

5-Does he respect you as a woman

6-Is he the kind of guy that will defend you even from his family when necessary

7- Do you trust him

If most of your answers including the last are yes,try to talk things out with him,but be careful so you don't wait for too long.

my 2 cents!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by Cosmass(f): 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
9lifes: Adam did not wait for God to give him a sign before he identified eve as his wife.There is a reason why God gave us the ability to take decisions and think with our minds.No matter how close you claim to be to God,He can not walk with some one that has no expectation,vision or desire for something,and contrary to popular preaches,God does not throw or force things on people.Be careful of people that always push things to God,men should learn to take responsibilities for there actions and decisions (Proverb 16:1-3).

Leave church things aside for now, come out from that religious circle for just a minute-Now look at him with a neutral eye(hard) and ask yourself these questions

1-Will he help me fulfill my dreams/goals in life

2-Is he the kind of man i want to marry

3-Will he be a good role model to my kids

4-Is he the type that take responsibility for his actions easily

5-Does he respect you as a woman

6-Is he the kind of guy that will defend you even from his family when necessary

7- Do you trust him

If most of your answers including the last are yes,try to talk things out with him,but be careful so you don't wait for too long.

my 2 cents!

My answers to all of those above are yes. He stated he needed time and space and a sign from God. I asked him if it was because of the argument we had, he replied "yes". It has been 2 weeks plus since this happened and I just told him maybe o make things easier for him since it's like this, I suggested we just break up. He said time/space, that he is waiting from a sign from God. I asked him how and he said he would just know.
Re: To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by Cosmass(f): 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
debrief08: The common sense and direction God gave me in the Bible showed me the signs. God does not choose a spouse,. he has given us directions of what to watch out for in the Bible, both for husband and wife, a man who loves and is willing to sacrifice his life, who is not rude or baostful, who keeps no record of wrong doing, who doesnt hurt, who is ready to bare and endure, a woman who is submissive and who is not lazy, whose hands are blessed, whose worth in life is not measured in hair and fake eye lashes but in character.
These are the signs God has given us, He has important business like floods, hurricanes, wars, starving children to take care of, let your boyfriend decide what he wants and stop shifting the blame to God. He wants you to hang on endlessly without being responsible for that decision, the day he decides he wants you, he wants you to be there waiting endlessly in prayer, the day he decides to throw you away he will attribute it to God and take no blame.
Use your tongue to count your teeth.

That's why I'm so confused. He said we are not breaking up but he's waiting for a sign from God. Things were so good until the parents issue and the argument we had.

Digital: It a very good thing to get direction from God on whom to marry, b4 i got married their was a good xtain broda that was coming around then, but i never had peace for one day thruout the time we suppose to pray to God abt it and wit that i knew it was not meant to be.

Then after that 2 guys came along and we never got it well all thru. but in my mind i kept thinking another guy will come around and which i kept praying with that and he came around and he is a good guy and fears the Lord, i had perfect peace in my heart and we went ahead and marry

U dont need 1 year to see sign and i dont even know if God show anyone any sign. But for mi i had enof peace in my heart to convinced me

My thing is there have been peace of course we've had our ups and dpwns but nothing like cheating and all, maybe the trust was not that strong but we were happy and all.
Re: To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2012
What was the arguement about?
If you don't feel comfortable sharing its fine.
It will help us understand the gravity of the offence that he will have to wait for God himself to tell him to forgive you
Re: To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by baby124: 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
Its either he is mentally unstable or looking for an excuse. God gave us his voice in our hearts which is our conscience. Now, its that little voice that tells you right from wrong. The little voice in your heart, not your head because that is mental illness. We all know what is good or bad for us. Some of us choose to ignore and damn all the consequences. I mean, why will someone you want to spend the rest of your life with put you through so much suspense and uncertainty? Anyone looking for signs and wonders, is not mature or ready enough to make decisions on his own. What else in the future is he gonna rely on signs for?

1 Like

Re: To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
Cosmass: In the course of your relationship, through the ups and downs, did you still go ahead and marry the person? Did God show you a sign?

My bf of one year and I had an argument and for us to get back together, he said he needs a sign from God. I even wanted to help him by just breaking up with him and he said no, he just needs a sign from God.

I'm somewhat confused because I really don't know how God will show a sign, he said he will just know.

For those about to already married, could you share some of your stories and did you really get a sign from God?

Yes . . . I heard a voice from GOD himself saying . . . "marry him, he's the one" cool cool grin

Just kidding!
Re: To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by Harpesin(m): 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2012
When it come to choosing a right partner, forget the issue of sign, God does not show any sign, those who claimed that God show dem sign b4 they get married are those giving excuses today that holy spirit instructed dem to divorce their wife....My friend what you need is your real inner mind, check his approach, dressing, family, the kind of value he placed on you, when discussing does he allow you to suggest? if you suggest does he normally reason with you? does he normally open a discussion thread for both of you to talk about? ao caring is he? does he come around you even when you say no sex? does he care about ur dressing and the kind of friends to keep? do you guys go out together? is he proud of you? can he introduce you as wife to be everywhere? has he been to ur family to confirm he is d one in charge? has he taken u to his family (Mother in particular)? does his mum call u or whenever u call d mum she respond positively? did he give u free access to his mum? with all these you will know if he really want you or not.....anybody telling you he is waiting for God to show him sign will end up signing you off......

1 Like

Re: To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by 9lifes(m): 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
Cosmass:

My answers to all of those above are yes. He stated he needed time and space and a sign from God. I asked him if it was because of the argument we had, he replied "yes". It has been 2 weeks plus since this happened and I just told him maybe o make things easier for him since it's like this, I suggested we just break up. He said time/space, that he is waiting from a sign from God. I asked him how and he said he would just know.

Then what kind of love puts people through this kind of hell..no communication for two weeks?

No matter the argument,a matured person should be able to settle issues and address the problem once and for all instead of waiting for stupid signs.Seriously, some Christians should learn to take responsibility,this "the lord spoke to me" and "waiting on god" thing is spoiling many things.
Re: To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by Cosmass(f): 9:01pm On Nov 08, 2012
9lifes:

Then what kind of love puts people through this kind of hell..no communication for two weeks?

No matter the argument,a matured person should be able to settle issues and address the problem once and for all instead of waiting for stupid signs.Seriously, some Christians should learn to take responsibility,this "the lord spoke to me" and "waiting on god" thing is spoiling many things.

We have communicated, spoke about 3 times and the rest messaging. He had even asked and kept calling me to tell my brother to send his resume to a particular person and asked after my folks and everything. He is saying time and space and waiting for a sign from God

Harpesin: When it come to choosing a right partner, forget the issue of sign, God does not show any sign, those who claimed that God show dem sign b4 they get married are those giving excuses today that holy spirit instructed dem to divorce their wife....My friend what you need is your real inner mind, check his approach, dressing, family, the kind of value he placed on you, when discussing does he allow you to suggest? if you suggest does he normally reason with you? does he normally open a discussion thread for both of you to talk about? ao caring is he? does he come around you even when you say no sex? does he care about ur dressing and the kind of friends to keep? do you guys go out together? is he proud of you? can he introduce you as wife to be everywhere? has he been to ur family to confirm he is d one in charge? has he taken u to his family (Mother in particular)? does his mum call u or whenever u call d mum she respond positively? did he give u free access to his mum? with all these you will know if he really want you or not.....anybody telling you he is waiting for God to show him sign will end up signing you off......

He is all of the above. I don't know why he is saying this just because of an argument we had.

baby_123: Its either he is mentally unstable or looking for an excuse. God gave us his voice in our hearts which is our conscience. Now, its that little voice that tells you right from wrong. The little voice in your heart, not your head because that is mental illness. We all know what is good or bad for us. Some of us choose to ignore and damn all the consequences. I mean, why will someone you want to spend the rest of your life with put you through so much suspense and uncertainty? Anyone looking for signs and wonders, is not mature or ready enough to make decisions on his own. What else in the future is he gonna rely on signs for?

We have been together for a year and now an argument and issue which I have rendered my whole apologies, begged still telling me time/space and sign from God.

debrief08: What was the arguement about?
If you don't feel comfortable sharing its fine.
It will help us understand the gravity of the offence that he will have to wait for God himself to tell him to forgive you

It was more of a misunderstanding.
Re: To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? by Harpesin(m): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2012
Then let him hear from God as he claimed ......but start preparing your mind in case he signed you off so u will be able to bear the pains......

(1) (Reply)

An 11-year-old Girl, Chinecherem Raped, Died Some Minutes Later (photos) / What Is So Special About Matrimonial Bed? / Help Me Sort This Out Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.