Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. (7068 Views)

Woman Attempts To Set Husband Ablaze Over Property and divorce(Pictures) / I Take Responsibility For The Killing Of 34 Colleagues: Ex-Cult Leader (picture) / Father In Court Over Killing Of 6-day-old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by fatdon1(m): 8:40am On Nov 08, 2012
Aggrieved commercial motorcyclists popularly called Okada and some residents of Kuola community in Apata area of Ibadan Wednesday, set ablaze the police post in the area over the alleged killing of a commercial motorcyclist by some policemen on illegal check point duties.

The deceased, who is popularly called Akebaje, eyewitness account disclosed, allegedly slumped when a Police Inspector hit him with a baton on the head for allegedly violating traffic law because of his refusal to part with N20.

The source added that rather than take the injured commercial motorcyclist to the hospital for medical attention, the police sergeant assisted by his two policemen dragged him into a waiting police van in his pool of blood to Koola Police Station.

He was said to have died eventually, thereby sparking off protest from his colleagues, who felt embittered by the police action.

It was learnt that the commercial motorcyclist was found to have carried two passengers against the new traffic law in state and upon sighting the police, he was said to have tactfully asked one of the passengers to disembark.

But unknown to him, the Police Inspector in a patrol van with other policemen had sighted him.

According to an eyewitness account, Akebaje was hit with a baton on his head, when attempting to escape punishment.
The protesters, who learnt of Akebaje’s death formed themselves into a mob and joined by other sympathisers among the residents attacked any regular policeman in uniform and traffic warders who fled on sight.

The violence later spread to the police station, where scores of youths had stormed the station and set the police post ablaze, while policemen on duty ran for safety.

One of the community leaders, Ayodele Olowoyile, confirmed that the community mandated the police not to allow commercial motorcyclist access into the community due to their reckless driving and because of the frequent robbery operations.

Most parts of Apata area of Ibadan were deserted when about 20 police pick up vans started arriving the troubled spot to arrest people indiscriminate.

The Acting Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ayodele Lanade, who confirmed the incident explained that a commercial motorcyclist was stopped by a team of policemen on a stop-and-search duty but turned back ostensibly to avoid been searched.
www.world.myjoyonline.com/pages/nigeria/201211/96891.php
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 08, 2012
Another police brutality? Because of 20naira? O ma se o!
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by geonafers: 8:48am On Nov 08, 2012
Yeah. It's another police brutality case.
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by eduson55(m): 9:15am On Nov 08, 2012
[size=18pt]they need to burn more and torture those brutal ,inhuman,dispatacutated,enrumbled,enacutalinated,vandalisticalitical police men.
****breathing***
[/size]
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by fatdon1(m): 9:54am On Nov 08, 2012
Na wa o
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by Ndoz(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2012
I dey improve 5th

eduson55: [size=18pt]they need to burn more and torture those brutal ,inhuman,dispatacutated,enrumbled,enacutalinated,vandalisticalitical police men.
****breathing***
[/size]

tk it easy bro..
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by redcliff: 11:25am On Nov 08, 2012
eduson55: [size=18pt]they need to burn more and torture those brutal ,inhuman,dispatacutated,enrumbled,enacutalinated,vandalisticalitical police men.
****breathing***
[/size]

eh ee. no breathe o. make u see if you fit last 10 more mins. i support your govt tho.
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by 234GT(m): 11:27am On Nov 08, 2012
They for set the inspector wey hit the man stick for head ablaze. It would have been a classical example of law of retribution used in iran!
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by otokx(m): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2012
The police force needs a lot of sensitization.
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by Redmosquito(m): 11:30am On Nov 08, 2012
Minion: Ur Vilefulness! In the midst of all these troubles, who gains? undecided
Hades: We of course! grin . The Underworld, the land of languish, the sphere of sorrows, the realm of rage. It is we that stand to gain from all this destruction. Do you not see? Police kill Bikers, Bikers kill police. All the souls coming down here! Bringing more subjects to my feet! smiley
Minion: Ur Evilness! I am but short of words undecided
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by olly4life: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2012
I think dis agbebo or agbero in uniform are doing d bidding of d center in order not to grant State Police policy- dis is too much. Hardly a week pass witout mentioning of police killing someone- Ketu, Berger, Ibadan, Ilupeju, Ikorodu- I read all dis online. Only God knows what ur country is turning into.
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by redcliff: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2012
Ndoz: I dey improve 5th

tk it easy bro..

[size=20pt]you guys should stop this position thingy here. its becoming an irritant and only shows how childish people are. Let me lecture you friend. THERE IS NO PRIZE MONEY OR GIFT ITEM IF YOU ARE FIRST. MAKE YOUR POINT AND LEAVE, IF ITS GOOD ENOUGH, YOU GET THE APPROPRIATE LIKES UR COMMENT SHOULD GET.[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2012
redcliff:
Is shouting (All capitals) the newest thing on Nairaland?? undecided
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by advocate666: 11:45am On Nov 08, 2012
Yoruba people sef
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by calabaman(m): 11:47am On Nov 08, 2012
all because of N20 at dis day and age...hw sad! NPF i hail thee
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by femliany(m): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2012
Let them go and face Bokoboiz jor
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by redsun(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2012
Nigerian police,like the government,needs fundamental purging.

They need to draw out new creeds that are set on common sense.As it is now,what rules in nigeria is foo-lishness,the more fo-olish people are,the more authority they get.
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by Zet72(m): 11:53am On Nov 08, 2012
welcome to nija the land of the living dead
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by nwa4me(f): 11:54am On Nov 08, 2012
OMG!is only God dat nos wot dis country is turning into.
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by Kslib(m): 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2012
Zet72: welcome to nija the land of the living dead
Hahahaha!!! Na real land of the living dead...
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by redcliff: 12:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
vizio:
Is shouting (All capitals) the newest thing on Nairaland?? undecided

[size=20pt]NO it isnt friend.. I was in my coolest element when i typed this. so am i now typing this. i want them knuckle heads to read it and sink it in quick.[/size]
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by menix(m): 12:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
Federal govt. Assassin = NPF
SMA
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by Ariyke: 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
Police again?
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by visa2engee: 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
Extra judicial killing everywhere, everyday n every minute in 9ja, people die unjustly...... God save us, we no go fall victim ooo...
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by luluosas(m): 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2012
Nigeria Police are the dumbest in the world.
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by Arosa(m): 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2012
Until the NPF change their ways, there will be no love for them.
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by Ugosample(m): 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
A battle ground! Chei!
nwa4me: OMG!is only God dat nos wot dis country is turning into.
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by dad007(m): 2:58pm On Nov 08, 2012
Please,whene ever anyone encounter a naija police man,or men.Get it this strait in your mind before you utter any word that you dealing with a killer,or killers undecided
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by ejecycollins: 4:32pm On Nov 08, 2012
Make them carry all the police men to aluu community make them kill the alive rubbish
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by Lumidee007(m): 9:35pm On Nov 08, 2012
i was there , it was like a film. but i dont think is because of twenty naira
Re: Mob Set Police-Post Ablaze Over Killing Of Okada Man. by COOLDUN: 4:39am On Nov 09, 2012
Nairalander s people with two tongues, today you are calling for the lynching of the Police patrol team, last time you were blaming the mobs that lynched confirmed/captured fully armed deadly robbers all in the name of civilization. No the mobs would have invited the patrol Policemen to the Oba palace, prepare a nice Amala , ewedu/effoh soups, with orishishi meats. Then after feeding them well, then the Oba will crown them with Happy trigger killiers award. Nest year GEJ will complete their reward with a National Award of B.B.O.N : Busy Bodies, Orders Of Niger. Nigeria and Nigerians are totally confused nation and people. Period.

(1) (Reply)

How The Game(internet Scam)almost Ruined My Life / Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia / Cultism Activities In Ojo Iba Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.