Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,230 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood (12999 Views)

Mike Ezuruonye Speaks Chinese In Nollywood Movie / Who Is The Best Actor/actress In Nollywood / The Best Behaved Actress In Nollywood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by mu2sa2: 11:24am On Nov 12, 2012
How ar her 4 kids fairing when she's always not around. Maybe her husband is a stay-at-home type to be looking after d children(but he's a pilot). Or they hav a maid, in which case the children will hardly know motherly love, care and affection. Anyway, goodluck omotola.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by naturalwaves: 11:26am On Nov 12, 2012
jennykadry: 24 million naira ? How is that successful? When correct movies in the west make millions of dollars in the first week
adora4u1: The movie made 24 million naira. Ok. How much of it is Omotola's to make her the highest earning actress in Nollywood?! angry
Jimbadly: Which criteria was used in computing her earnings? This assumption is baseless. That she was the lead actress in a movie that fetched 24 million naira (less than $160,000) doesn't necessarily mean she is the highest earning actress in the industry. I think its safe to say she's among top earners.

Where in the report did you see "NAIRA" ? How will that kind of movie gross 24 million naira? Is it that you all have comprehension issues or just beef instinct. Commom sense should tell you that they aren't talking about NAIRA if at all money is being referred to. The report is simple enough to understand.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by tunapawizzy: 11:27am On Nov 12, 2012
So we should go and jump inside river or what?
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by philips70(m): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2012
timbros:

So what currency should we attach to the 24million? Naira? Pound? Dollar?....which?

Googled and saw in other news its Nairas they are referring to here and not copies. Journalism in Nigeria is a shame
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by philips70(m): 11:36am On Nov 12, 2012
naturalwaves:

Where in the report did you see "NAIRA" ? How will that kind of movie gross 24 million naira? Is it that you all have comprehension issues or just beef instinct. Commom sense should tell you that they aren't talking about NAIRA if at all money is being referred to. The report is simple enough to understand.

Check out things before you start ranting my friend. Which common sense are you talking about here, the one you refused to use in checking?
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by Orikinla(m): 11:44am On Nov 12, 2012
[size=28pt]The movie has made N24 MILLION.
But how much did Obi pay her for her role in the movie?

Too many lies in Nollywood.
Genevieve Nnaji remains the highest paid Nollywood actress and she was paid over $25, 000 in a movie.

When we say a Nollywood actress is the highest paid, PLEASE, NAME THE AMOUNT AND LET THE FIRS COLLECT THEIR TAX. But many of them don't disclose the real figures for unprofessional reasons. Majority of Nollywood actors and actresses don't pay taxes on their earnings. [/size]
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 12, 2012
fellis: Over hyped fat old woman.

SHATAAP..women una too jealousy...

btw shes has got correct fats in the right places..she definitely is not fat.But you wont see that cos you are jealous and a woman..we men see her differently.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by naturalwaves: 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
philips70:

Check out things before you start ranting my friend. Which common sense are you talking about here, the one you refused to use in checking?

Common sense based on the report that was presented. Highlight anywhere you see NAIRA in the report and let me see. Going to verify from other sources is a different thing entirely. The assertions were made based on this post and that is what I am referring to so, what's your point? It is irrelevant anyway.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by Syfy(f): 12:12pm On Nov 12, 2012
make i jump fence ni?
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by naturalwaves: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
philips70:

Googled and saw in other news its Nairas they are referring to here and not copies. Journalism in Nigeria is a shame

So, you thought it was copies initially? Do they sell copies of movies at the cinema? undecided Even if they were referring to copies of tickets sold for the premiere, you didn't reason that it is likely impossible to sell 32 million tickets (8 million + 24 million) when it is not a football event.Didn't you see that the report was referring to the success at the cinemas and not the movies itself. The only contemplation I had was if the money stated was in Naira, Pounds or Dollars.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by 3ddy(m): 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2012
Hmmmmm...
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by kabaka1: 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2012
omar22: The movie could earn billions of ££££ and she gets peanuts, dont let the movies gross take at cinema confuse you with how much an actress gets, Avata grossed over £2bn and none of the actors or actresses got anywhere near $10m Including Sigourney Weaver.

Just shut ur mouth if u don't what u're saying. How u sabin se no hollywood actor made near $10m for the movie Avatar. This certainly means that u know nothing about Hollywood payment system.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by petrov10: 12:32pm On Nov 12, 2012
dumb slut u can never be lyk her......shes richer , prettier , richer , nd more connected
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by Dabss(m): 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2012
It's in naira jor. How can a Nigerian movie earn $24m?
How many Nigerians go to cinemas?
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by philips70(m): 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2012
naturalwaves:

Those bolded parts took away your common sense. Those guys who said its Naira used theirs and it turned out to be correct. Next time use yours before calling on others. Even somebody told us gross has to do with money. Remove the groundnuts in your eyes before attempting to remove the sands in other people's eyes next time you hear?
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by philips70(m): 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2012
naturalwaves:

So, you thought it was copies initially? Do they sell copies of movies at the cinema? undecided Even if they were referring to copies of tickets sold for the premiere, you didn't reason that it is likely impossible to sell 32 million tickets (8 million + 24 million) when it is not a football event.Didn't you see that the report was referring to the success at the cinemas and not the movies itself. The only contemplation I had was if the money stated was in Naira, Pounds or Dollars.

And you said the report was simple to understand when currency type was not mentioned? Or you are one of those PA's who defend their masters even before reading what they are defending against? Now the true report says 24 million Naira. So justify that your common sense.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2012
IceDude: U know say na jealousy dey worry u? Are u more beautiful dan her? I 4get say u nor fine sef.......Atutupoyoyo
lawizle:

You mean your momma?
petrov 10: dumb slut u can never be lyk her......shes richer , prettier , richer , nd more connected

See how all these batallion of Omotola defenders are shouting up and down because they just discovered that not everybody idolizes Omotola the way they do.
Please o, you people can continue worshipping Omotola if you want. Don't let my comment stop you.

Mr.chippychappy:

There's a HUGE difference between being curvy and being Fat and i hate when people classify fat people as Curvy . Omotola is a FAT woman and needs to go on a diet , she is not curvy in anyway . Sugar coating the word Fat as Curvy is a HUGE MISTAKE and these days all Fat girls claim they are curvy .
Help me tell these people that are busy fighting e-wars for a woman that does not know that they exist because I said she was fat.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by Godogwu: 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
jennykadry: 24 million naira ? How is that successful? When correct movies in the west make millions of dollars in the first week

Ode! This is nollywood not hollywood
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by SELFWORTH: 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2012

Just wondering too!

Meaningless posting!
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by mercurie(f): 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2012

At least u can't stand her. Silly critic
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by mamagee3(f): 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
Highest Earning Actress?

Has she featured in any movie in 2012?
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by UD101(m): 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2012
24million copies, not Naira
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by SailorXY: 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2012
hahahahahahaha *laffin in traffic* grin grin grin grin grin grin *bashes Range Rover Sport in front of him* undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by naturalwaves: 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
philips70:

Those bolded parts took away your common sense. Those guys who said its Naira used theirs and it turned out to be correct. Next time use yours before calling on others. Even somebody told us gross has to do with money. Remove the groundnuts in your eyes before attempting to remove the sands in other people's eyes next time you hear?
Could you please quote any section of the news where NAIRA was mentioned? It seems you don't get it. I didn't verify anything...we were talking based on this report and the fact that NAIRA wasn't mentioned nullifies your point. Taking a guess and then seeing that the guess is correct after verification is a different thing entirely even though I am yet to verify.

Moreover, when I said " How can the movie gross 24 million naira?", I know what I am saying. The movie is still in it's premiere state and that couldn't have been the total amount raked except if the definition of GROSS has changed. According to the report, it is even 32 million cos 8 million was mentioned initially. I made that statement because a lot of people were already challenging the amount she would be paid from the figures mentioned. They failed to understand that it has not even started selling.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by naturalwaves: 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
philips70:

And you said the report was simple to understand when currency type was not mentioned? Or you are one of those PA's who defend their masters even before reading what they are defending against? Now the true report says 24 million Naira. So justify that your common sense.

I am not a fan of Omotola and I don't do any movie that is not an Oscar classic. What happened to the first 8 million that was mentioned? The true report didn't say anything about that. Moreover, which is the true report? Can you please post the one you read here or paste the link so that I can verify.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by naturalwaves: 7:01pm On Nov 12, 2012
fellis:

See how all these batallion of Omotola defenders are shouting up and down because they just discovered that not everybody idolizes Omotola the way they do.
Please o, you people can continue worshipping Omotola if you want. Don't let my comment stop you.

Help me tell these people that are busy fighting e-wars for a woman that does not know that they exist because I said she was fat.

The people you are referring to were just surprised at your senseless post. That's all. It has nothing to do with idolizing her.

Just for the records, this was your post

You completely ignored the main issue and focused on Omotola. Your post smells jealousy all over it and you couldn't even hide it. Tell me, what is your greatest pain about Omotola that your hatred has generated to this. Is it because she is one of the most successful Actresses in Nigeria? Is it because she is talented? Is it because she is beautiful? Is it because she has a loving and caring husband with wonderful kids? Is it because she still looks good after having 4 children? Is it because she is free from scandals? Is it because she is responsible? Is it because she is one of the very very very few Actresses that have a successful home and marriage. Is it because her wedding was uniquely done in an Aircraft? Is it because her husband is rich and handsome? Is it because her hubby cherishes, adores and respects her. Is it because acting to her is more of a hobby cos she is not hungry and desperate? Is it because her garage boasts of amazing wonder wheels and so on? Whichever is giving you a heart ache, watch it lest you commit suicide someday due to frustration and jealousy.I understand that all those things seems too good to be true to people like you but it is possible as you can see.

BTW, Omotola is not over hyped. She is worth being respected in all ramifications as a Mother, Wife and Actress.To some, she is a role model. How many Nigerian Actresses her in Omotola's class? Can you mention up to five in an industry that is filled with thousands? Such person is worthy of being respected.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by naturalwaves: 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

There's a HUGE difference between being curvy and being Fat and i hate when people classify fat people as Curvy . Omotola is a FAT woman and needs to go on a diet , she is not curvy in anyway . Sugar coating the word Fat as Curvy is a HUGE MISTAKE and these days all Fat girls claim they are curvy .

Thanks for the lecture sir.NEXT!!! You may like to comment on the movie now.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2012
naturalwaves:
You completely ignored the main issue and focused on Omotola. Your post smells jealousy all over it and you couldn't even hide it. Tell me, what is your greatest pain about Omotola that your hatred has generated to this. Is it because she is one of the most successful Actresses in Nigeria? Is it because she is talented? Is it because she is beautiful? Is it because she has a loving and caring husband with wonderful kids? Is it because she still looks good after having 4 children? Is it because she is free from scandals? Is it because she is responsible? Is it because she is one of the very very very few Actresses that have a successful home and marriage. Is it because her wedding was uniquely done in an Aircraft? Is it because her husband is rich and handsome? Is it because her hubby cherishes, adores and respects her. Is it because acting to her is more of a hobby cos she is not hungry and desperate? Is it because her garage boasts of amazing wonder wheels and so on? Whichever is giving you a heart ache, watch it lest you commit suicide someday due to frustration and jealousy.

Why can't you and your fellow defenders accept the fact that not everybody thinks Omotola is a big deal? Why are you here killing yourselves to fight for her when she doesn't know you exist? Is it because you are jobless? Is it because you have nothing better to do with your lives? Is it because MTN gave you free megabytes? Is it because you think that I am interested in your opinion?
Mtschew.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
Omotola may not be a big deal but she's not fat. I don't understand this new penchant for calling every woman who does not look like pogo sticks fat undecided
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by kolexy(m): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2012
ceejay80s: Its a lie! Genevieve is the highest. Wetin uk sabi for film making? Check out Genevieve's latest movie wey she act for hollywood usa

Why compare the two of them? Or is it an Ibo - Yoruba war. Guy enough of this hate, and try to grow up.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by kolexy(m): 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
fellis:

Why can't you and your fellow defenders accept the fact that not everybody thinks Omotola is a big deal? Why are you here killing yourselves to fight for her when she doesn't know you exist? Is it because you are jobless? Is it because you have nothing better to do with your lives? Is it because MTN gave you free megabytes? Is it because you think that I am interested in your opinion?
Mtschew.

Please post your pics, lets see your great figure.
Re: Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood by Toppie2(f): 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2012
I don't even care if she's fat or curvy...the fact is she is a success! No one needs to hype her. A successful married woman and a successful actress is all i see.
I just wonder why anyone would call her a 'biitch'

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9xmovies – 9xmovies.in 2022 Hindi Movies Hindi Dubbed / Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs / Animax: New 24 Hours Anime Channel On DSTV Nov 3rd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.