Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,272 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

What Wise Saying(s) Have You Come Up With By Yourself? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Wise Saying(s) Have You Come Up With By Yourself? (600 Views)

Meaning Of The saying" The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born" / The Story Of A Wise Business Man / Can We Come Up With Lyrics For Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Wise Saying(s) Have You Come Up With By Yourself? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2012
As one grows up in life and gathers experience about the world he/she lives in, they often come up with their own analysis or formula (in form of wise sayings) of how things happen. And 99% of the time such occurences occur, they always follow suit or take heed to that particular wise saying.
So I think its only reasonable to assume that every matured mind here must have come up with one or more such wise sayings, as it cuts across all aspects of our lives.
So lets hear them guys...it can be any type. As long as you came up with it.

So here's mine-'a word is enuf for the foolish because they cannot understand plenty!'
Re: What Wise Saying(s) Have You Come Up With By Yourself? by acidtalk: 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
Only the poor sees the proud.
Re: What Wise Saying(s) Have You Come Up With By Yourself? by k2039: 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
“If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win, but think you can't
It's almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you've lost,
For out in the world we find
Success being with a fellow's will;
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are:
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the one who thinks he can.”

― Walter D. Wintle

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
― Henry Ford

"Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
-- Mark Twain
Re: What Wise Saying(s) Have You Come Up With By Yourself? by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 09, 2012
k2039: “If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win, but think you can't
It's almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you've lost,
For out in the world we find
Success being with a fellow's will;
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are:
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the one who thinks he can.”

― Walter D. Wintle

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
― Henry Ford

"Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
-- Mark Twain
You just broke all the rules dude...nonetheless, your signature corrects it all!
Re: What Wise Saying(s) Have You Come Up With By Yourself? by k2039: 8:02am On Nov 09, 2012
blogger1.0:

You just broke all the rules dude...nonetheless, your signature corrects it all!

Good,my signature corrects it all,I dont necessarily have to modify my post.
Re: What Wise Saying(s) Have You Come Up With By Yourself? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
in every Nonsense, there is a sense.
Re: What Wise Saying(s) Have You Come Up With By Yourself? by uglything: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
Don't call me your friend cos you will definitely regret it!

(1) (Reply)

The Masked Tongue / Questions Every Nigerian Must Answer / Project Help Needed Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.