Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? (6945 Views)

26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? / Do We Love Or Fear God ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by kpolli(m): 5:11pm On Nov 11, 2012
k2039: I disagree that most of our problems are spiritual.

Most of our problems are due to stupidity and ignorance as a indivual and as a nation.

Our stupidity is sooooo glaring, has to be a spiritual problem
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by NdukweJC(m): 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2012
Supernatural is real.The whole puzzle in people's ignorance about it is that it is cloaked in absolute
secrecy.Those who knows the truth can not speak because they are binded by oath with deadly conseqencies
,the little the un initiated ones knows are those that are purposely leaked to guide people according to the purpose.as some people mentioned above,the supernatural control the natural,and among individuals too there is competition too in supernatural word as in anything we do in natural.Before the advent of the europeans it was a bit open to people,then each sub tribe were almost link to a particular deity that rules over them,there were no police to enforce laws then or prisons to keep thief or criminals,all these functions were carried out by various deities,like the swearing with Ofo,Amadioha,the veneration of Ikenga,Ogun,and many other deities according to function with deadly consequenies or ostrasization of the person from his community as the case may be.But with advancement of science and technology,things change.All these deities are still there in Nigeria uptill today but they are under the shield of secret cults and societies or the so called Illuminatis,instead of serving a particular kindred or subbtribe as before since this functions now are provided by government,they are doing other things within the cult or lets say serving their people in a differnt way now,the police,the army,the SS,the polity and so on.They peculiarity with our deity in comparism with the european deities is that African deities are chiefly war deities,they are mainly for policing and fighting and killing,simply to say more of destructive gods,while the european deities are chiefly non -war deities,that is more of constuctive deities,that is why people say while europeans use their gods to build planes and cars,Africans use their gods to kill.But this does not mean european gods can't kill too,but they can't kill as the african deities cos each deity though can perform many functions to some extent but they are chiefly designeted for a particular funtion.Many of you who are reading this article maybe one of this deities without even knowing,that is th 'Chi' in you,only through initiation from secred teachers in cults and secret societies that one can get this power from his Chi[the god in you},but the point is that at this incarnation your Chi is not matured to be initiated and for this reason they secrete society and the cult will never accept you or initiate you,even if they accept you for some other reason you will remain a profane in the society till the end.the fact is that when a child is born right from childhood this masters/teachers of wisdom knows the level of maturity of his or her chi,that is wether this person is old soul or young soul.Another point here is that these old souls can only be born into a cult family because they are born thruogh a particular ritual called moon child ritual,because these old souls are souls that have completed their circle of reincarnation and are free from karma or rebirth,so they only come back in the world to help their people who call them back for help through moon child rituals in cults and secrete societies.Hope this little information will help.Mother Thereza says;people treat your fellows with kindness and love because at the end you will find out that what happened between you happened between gods.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by pastormustwacc: 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
^^^We are in complete agreement there. In my time, i have interacted with very powerful people on both sides, and i have my own person experiences too.
But when we tell people, there is disbelief, and they say all na super-story, or it is in your head. For this reason, in real life, people with powers just keep quiet and go about their business as quietly as possible.
But know this, everyone with one form of power - no matter the source - have a purpose, and believe me when i say that the purpose is never for show-off.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Loveaflame(m): 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
Like someone said those who don't believe in the supernatural will believe when they encounter problems that defy physical solutions.Someone said churches should just preach JESUS and His power.That is a great fallacy.Read your Bible very well.Two-third of His ministry was devoted to delivering people from demons.He spoke more on demons than angels
I have prayed for a sister in one of this new generation church that don't believe in satan or what the forces of darkness can do.She was shocked when a very big spiritual python jumped out of her body and she saw herself struggling with her spiritual husband who did not allow her to get married.The church should balance her teaching by exposing the devil the more and emphasizing the power of Christ over them.
I have personally seen witches in the raw form life and direct and not the ones been shown on TV.I was a victim of witchcraft powers until I got delivered and took my keys from their hands.Since then lack and poverty have become past tense in my life.The earlier the better we come to terms with the forces and learn how to overcome the negative ones affecting our lives the better for us.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by mrrock: 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
@bright007
I believe you don't understand my post but let me ask you.
1. Does science know everything?.

2. That comparison is just to say forces exists you can't see. And I agree there are natural.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by solelymade: 8:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
Though i do not subscribe to people ascribing all their tribulations 2 terrestially supernaturally controlled forces but i must make it bold here that is exists. Call it juju,ogun,jazz whatever it is called in your ethnical group its surely does exists:Personally, i have seen few
1. A victim of magun, who was a distant relative.
2. A guy that was butchered using a cutlass but the cutlass couldn't pierce his skin.
3. A man was multi-shot but the bullets couldn't penetrate.
How much more people that are spiritually remote controlled
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by dljbd1(m): 11:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
Watch Supernatural...u will over them
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Impulse80(m): 11:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
Mankind has always feared what it does not understand.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by dumodust(m): 12:44am On Nov 12, 2012
once upon a time electricity, radio and even fire were seen as jazz... The average african will see a mountain before him, instead of to look for answers, he'll succumb, kneel down, worship it and turn it to a god. The mind is a powerful weapon, for all y'all believing in rubbish, it play out like that in your mind. Ever heard of nightmares? Wet dreams have even turned to witch attacks...lol
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 12, 2012
Mavrick2012: am certain dis is in respons 2my coment.broe,d more u coment d more u sound dimwited.i know a lot of ppl who hav destroyd their village "idol" n go scot free.if anytin tragic had coinsidentaly happend 2 dem it would hav been atributd to d "idol",anoda case of brainwork n coincidence.notice i put quotatn mark on d idol because i dnt concor wit brainwashd africans who worship n die 4 importd/foreign religion bt refer 2 their's as "fetish" or "idol worshipin".d whiteman takes d "idol" to his mesuem n b makin money.mind u,d whiteman who introduced xtianity/islam 2u has long abandond dem because science/logic/superio aguement has opend his eyes to d fact dat ur xtianity/islam/supanatural are all deceptn n fallacy.pls get a life
so u are saying God doesnt exist either? I pity u! Even those so called scientist aknowledge dat there is a supernatural world. I dnt need to explain futher. Just turn in to nation geographical channel,histroy channel, and oda documentary channels like dat at friday,saturday and sunday nights and u would be shoked to kow this scientist are into OCCULT
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 12, 2012
SimonAndal: Because there's NOTTHING like the Supernatural. It's all in your head. The moment all these (you) uber-religious folks stop blaming the so-called "supernatural" and start taking responsibility for their (your) actions, the better the world will be. Again! It's all in your head!!!!!!
if there is no supernatural world how do u explian wen strange, i mean strange things happen?
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
Mavrick2012: am certain dis is in respons 2my coment.broe,d more u coment d more u sound dimwited.i know a lot of ppl who hav destroyd their village "idol" n go scot free.if anytin tragic had coinsidentaly happend 2 dem it would hav been atributd to d "idol",anoda case of brainwork n coincidence.notice i put quotatn mark on d idol because i dnt concor wit brainwashd africans who worship n die 4 importd/foreign religion bt refer 2 their's as "fetish" or "idol worshipin".d whiteman takes d "idol" to his mesuem n b makin money.mind u,d whiteman who introduced xtianity/islam 2u has long abandond dem because science/logic/superio aguement has opend his eyes to d fact dat ur xtianity/islam/supanatural are all deceptn n fallacy.pls get a life
Guy, just pray u dnt fall into enemy's trap. Nobody wil teach you that there are people called "Aye" Go to ur village and misyarn or misdo. Kai. I am not making evil powers luk so powerful but just thank ur stars that u neva know or experience "ija aye" i.e fight of the people of d world
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Mavrick2012: 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2012
50calibre:

Stop talking non-sense young man! The developed world haven't abandoned christianity or islam, religion is still an integral part of the constitution of various developed nations.

For the fact science and technology has come a long way doesnt mean you should be stupid or too blind to see the obvious, because even if you dont believe in the supernatural, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There is mysticism, metaphysics, theology etc and all these are recognized.
"all diz are recognized" by who?"al dis are recognized" n we hav a growin numba of atheist in dis climes?"al dis are recognized" n their govt keep givin greater atentn to science(meteorologist,seismologist,cosmologist etc)instead of waitin 4 prophesies frm profets.u talked abt metaphysical,it wil do u alot of good if u make further research on wat Aristotle/scientist refer to as d "metaphysical".metaphysical,acodin 2 aristotle,is "beyond d scope of natural science" n its nt "spirit" like u insinuatin
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Mavrick2012: 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2012
maryjames9: Guy, just pray u dnt fall into enemy's trap. Nobody wil teach you that there are people called "Aye" Go to ur village and misyarn or misdo. Kai. I am not making evil powers luk so powerful but just thank ur stars that u neva know or experience "ija aye" i.e fight of the people of d world
.prejudice is wat make ppl see wat dey want 2c n ignore wat dey dnt want.let me tel u how my opened-mind hav proven dat most "mystries" are just brainwork/psycotic disorder:it was alledg,in a frnds village,dat who ever goes out btw 1-3 a.m. wil c a "headless mother",out of curiosity i visited d vilage n went out 4x(2x per nite) witout seein any "headles mother".somtime last decemba,their was a ring dat was allegd can paralyz or kill anybody/animal dat is slapd wit,1st i gave my dog out notin happend,dey said dey 4got it only works on human,infact i even agreed to b slapd.al dis "supernatural" are caused by LONG TIME MYTHS & LEGEND, PREJUDICE,BRAINWORK etc.(1)open ur mind(2)test dem wit d opend-mind,or see dem wit an opend mind
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Yooguyz: 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
Mavrick2012: My guy,goin by ur reasons 4d existence of d supanatural u implyin dat dey only exist witin poor climes but nt in d developd contries.i wil advice u to go n study d various kinds of MENTAL DISORDERS expecialy psychotic disorder.their is NOTHING like supernatural,spiritual,revelatn(except in d metaphoric sence),just mere psycology or mentality.al dis tins ar hallucinatn conjured out of d figment of d imaginatn.bros open ur mind n undastand dat poverty is an infectn dat can asume difrent dimentns even ur "supernatural".LOL
you are the one who needs to open your mind, you have been thoroughly brainwashed
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Yooguyz: 8:30pm On Jan 13, 2013
Loveaflame: Like someone said those who don't believe in the supernatural will believe when they encounter problems that defy physical solutions.Someone said churches should just preach JESUS and His power.That is a great fallacy.Read your Bible very well.Two-third of His ministry was devoted to delivering people from demons.He spoke more on demons than angels
I have prayed for a sister in one of this new generation church that don't believe in satan or what the forces of darkness can do.She was shocked when a very big spiritual python jumped out of her body and she saw herself struggling with her spiritual husband who did not allow her to get married.The church should balance her teaching by exposing the devil the more and emphasizing the power of Christ over them.
I have personally seen witches in the raw form life and direct and not the ones been shown on TV.I was a victim of witchcraft powers until I got delivered and took my keys from their hands.Since then lack and poverty have become past tense in my life.The earlier the better we come to terms with the forces and learn how to overcome the negative ones affecting our lives the better for us.
in the bible i read two third of jesus' ministry was never devoted to casting out demons
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Loveaflame(m): 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
Acts 10:38 spoke about the mission of Christ.He came to deliver those who are oppressed of the devil.@yooguys read yoiur Bible well.He spoke more on demons than angels.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
Not me. I'm in love with the supernatural. Since I was a child. I've been crazy about it. I think I am obsessed sef grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. / Religion Section Hall Of Fame 2013 Edition ( sticky) / Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.