Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Do We Love Or Fear God ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Love Or Fear God ? (708 Views)

Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? / Even Atheist Fear God / Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Love Or Fear God ? by HerexG(m): 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
As for me i don't fear God but Love and adore Him.

I will like for us discuss and share your various views on this .
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by nwaobitex: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
both
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by LAFOCUZY: 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2013
Both for me but I think sometimes it starts with fear and progresses to love with knowlegde. For some its just love. Its kind if tough to tell. Different for folks
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
If there is a God, he/she/they/it doesn't need my love or fear.

It seem your God live because you love and worship him.....the day you stop this, he is good as dead
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
what make you think the creator of the universe feels love or have the need to be feared is it/she/he HUMAN?

I don't think the creator of the universe is flattered by praises , love or the need to be feared, what's in it for it/she/him? is the creator of the universe in competition of the most loved or feared with anyone? i fear not so.
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by Godmouth(m): 8:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
It goes both ways: you cannot say you love God and not 'fear' Him. It's impossible. This is because the kind of relationship we have with God is different from any kind of human relationship we might have. Bible says God is an all-consuming fire: so by His very nature he is to be feared. He is awesome, mighty, powerful and His appearance can be 'terrifying'. The book of Isaiah and Ezekiel in their encounters of the throne of God supports my statement. It is very healthy and natural to fear God: and when you have true fear of God then you understand what it means to truly love Him.
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by HerexG(m): 8:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
Godmouth: It goes both ways: you cannot say you love God and not 'fear' Him. It's impossible. This is because the kind of relationship we have with God is different from any kind of human relationship we might have. Bible says God is an all-consuming fire: so by His very nature he is to be feared. He is awesome, mighty, powerful and His appearance can be 'terrifying'. The book of Isaiah and Ezekiel in their encounters of the throne of God supports my statement. It is very healthy and natural to fear God: and when you have true fear of God then you understand what it means to truly love Him.

Can you truly Love who you fear, ponder about this ?
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by HerexG(m): 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
FOLYKAZE: If there is a God, he/she/they/it doesn't need my love or fear.

It seem your God live because you love and worship him.....the day you stop this, he is good as dead

I have more reasons to question the existence of God than you, but i found out using your human knowledge to figure out this will burst your brains. " No house without a builder", so this is far beyond you.
Pls don't derail the thread. God bless you...
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by HerexG(m): 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2013
Godmouth: It goes both ways: you cannot say you love God and not 'fear' Him. It's impossible. This is because the kind of relationship we have with God is different from any kind of human relationship we might have. Bible says God is an all-consuming fire: so by His very nature he is to be feared. He is awesome, mighty, powerful and His appearance can be 'terrifying'. The book of Isaiah and Ezekiel in their encounters of the throne of God supports my statement. It is very healthy and natural to fear God: and when you have true fear of God then you understand what it means to truly love Him.

Really ? So you mean we all have to fear those we Love. That's not logicall, no matter how you feel you Love someone there no way you relate with such one well with fear, even your earthly children don't fear you. You can only be feared except you are a monster and my God is not one.
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by HerexG(m): 8:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nolongthing1: what make you think the creator of the universe feels love or have the need to be feared is it/she/he HUMAN?

I don't think the creator of the universe is flattered by praises , love or the need to be feared, what's in it for it/she/him? is the creator of the universe in competition of the most loved or feared with anyone? i fear not so.

He doesn't need our of Love but we relate with Him with Love and not with fear because He is Love. Talking about praises, either is being flattered about this or not, true praises comes from a heart of Love in regards to appreciation of what He has done.
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by HerexG(m): 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
LAFOCUZY: Both for me but I think sometimes it starts with fear and progresses to love with knowlegde. For some its just love. Its kind if tough to tell. Different for folks

Hmmm interesting, so you first fear those you Love. I think the right word should be adore.

In actuall sense after growing fear for something or somebody the next thing to do is Take off or fight such so to overcome the fear.
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by HerexG(m): 8:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
LAFOCUZY: Both for me but I think sometimes it starts with fear and progresses to love with knowlegde. For some its just love. Its kind if tough to tell. Different for folks

Hmmm interesting, so you first fear those you Love. I think the right word should be adore.

In actuall sense after growing fear for something or somebody the next thing to do is Take off or fight such so to overcome the fear.
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by HerexG(m): 8:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
nwaobitex: both

Kindly state your reason sir.
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by spencerwilliams(m): 12:39am On Oct 28, 2013
HerexG :

Really ? So you mean we all have to fear those we Love. That's not logicall, no matter how you feel you Love someone there no way you relate with such one well with fear, even your earthly children don't fear you. You can only be feared except you are a monster and my God is not one.
u hav 2 fear God read 1peter 1:17 and find out 4 ur self wat it says about d fear of God
Re: Do We Love Or Fear God ? by HerexG(m): 3:56am On Oct 28, 2013
spencerwilliams: u hav 2 fear God read 1peter 1:17 and find out 4 ur self wat it says about d fear of God

"for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy". Since you call on a Father who judges each man's work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear." (1 Peter 1:16-17).

The scripture above wasn't telling us to fear God. The scripture above simply inscruct us that He is holy and we should also be and one day He will come to judge the just, so we should live right (with His full consciousness) . The bible is the no 1 book of wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

Free From Indwelling Sin / Does God Answer Prayers Made On The Internet, E.g Facebook, 2go, Etc? / Thank u Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.